OtakuBoards

Old threads that shouldn't have been revived.

Guest XBebop

Guest XBebop
i'd say [I]Ask DNA[/I] For the Cowboy Bebop movie. I've listened to it for about..4 hours straight now.

C'mon people, start postin' you know you want to ^_^

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Evangelion opening theme song is great, I love listening to it. Also, I have the Akira soundtrack which I got a convention that was pretty expensive, best anime soundtrack I've ever listened too. The opening theme will always remain a registered memory song in my head. I will be humming it in my coffin.

Oh, I love the Evangelion theme song, and the opening is just so...Eva...
It;s kinda funny how much is in that opening...there are so many things flashed across the screen from later episodes(Kaworu, Yui, young Gendo)...I spent so long looking through that intro trying to see if I could find everything...
Also, I love the Cowboy Bebop intro(I haven't seen the movie)...That intro was what actually made me decide to start watching anime just because it was so great and well-done.

[Edit:] Endings too? Well, then...
Get Backers - Mr. Deja Vu
This song is just so perfect as an ending theme for Get Backers...The imagery is also quite lovely...
Cowboy Bebop - The Real Folk Blues
I don't think I know a person yet who doesn't like this song...It really fits the other aspects of Cowboy Bebop.

I like most anime themes...I can't really decide on a favorite, so I just lumped the ones I like the most onto a custom cd and listen to that. There's Cruel Angel's Thesis(eva theme), Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 beginning theme, Orphen theme(I don't know why I like it), Ride on a Shooting Star(FLCL opening), and one of the great classics, the Excel Saga opening theme(you can even HEAR Hyatt dying!)

I don't know how the different styles all got stuck in my head...all I know is that I can't get them out...so I go with the flow...and burned them onto a cd...NOW I CAN'T STOP LISTENING....HELP!!!

The second opening theme for Rurouni Kenshin is really good, but it's different closing themes are way better. I really like "Its Gonna Rain."

Other opening music I like include Evangelion's and the one from Gunsmith Cats. :D

I gotta say the Noir theme song i mean it shows pretty much what the whole show is going to be about and its mainly the reason why i started buying the DVD's when i saw a ADV preview for it on another DVD. Not only is the opening song great but the closing theme song for it is even better. The artistic drawings for both are great and the women who sings it (Japanese and English) is great as well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TheGodlyME [/i]
[B] and one of the great classics, the Excel Saga opening theme(you can even HEAR Hyatt dying!)
[/B][/QUOTE]
Hehehehe...I remember when I first showed Excel Saga to my friends...one of them has like, fallen in love with that opening...Frankly, I love Hyatt's constant dying too..
"Sore wa ai ja naiiiii...*coughhack*.."

I would say Haruka Kanata from Naruto is the best. It is down by a J-Punk band: "Asian Kung-fu Generation." I liked it so much I ordered their CD! It should be here anyday now. After that I would say "Ask DNA" from Cowboy Bebop: KOHD I still listen do it even though I haven't watched the movie in 3-4 months. Great song. Lataz.

Wow.. There's a lot of them.. Well... I'm gonna put end themes as well.. I think end ones are better most of the time..

1) Yasashii Yoake ~huggles~ Love the lyrics..
2) Fukai Mori Who sings it? Whoever it is, she's good...
3) Obsession So catchy.. So.. Very.. Catchy...
4) Wind (Naruto 1st end theme) Akeboshi has nice melodies.. Yet they have funny non-English accents...
5) Heart of Sword I don't know what it is about this one... It's just... Good! ^_^'

Without a doubt, here are the 5 greatest opening themes for an anime of all time...

"Shuffle" from Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 2(Battle City) <--Best..anime..opening..EVER!
"Wild Drive" from Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 3(Battle Blimp)
"Warriors" from Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 4 and 5(Alcatraz Tower)
"The Thesis of An Atrocious Angel" from Neon Genesis Evangelion
and finally, "Super Voyager" from Transformers: Beast Wars II

Definetly gotta add "Hohoemi No Bakudan" from Yu Yu Hakusho as an honorable mention, aswell as "Rhythm Emotion" from Gundam Wing

Those are my personal favorites at the moment anyway. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B]2) Fukai Mori Who sings it? Whoever it is, she's good...
[/B][/QUOTE]

If your talking about the song from Inu Yasha, the songs by a group called "Do As Infinity." I'd suggest checking them out, there good.

Best Opening Theme definitely goes to "Cruel Angel Thesis" from Evangelion. There are numerous versions such as Yui v., Asuka/Rei/Misato v., Gendo/Fuyutsuki v., etc. etc. Great song and it encompasses almost everything that Eva is. Great piece matched with a great anime. Also, the ending theme for Gundam Seed is an awesome song too :)

[color=hotpink][size=1]Wow, this is a really spammy thread. From now on I'd just like to ask if you guys would put the reasons why you like those songs. Otherwise this will be considered a favorites thread and closed. Thanks a million. *QA*

NOW, my favorite opening...*Thinks so hard* Definately the opening for Trigun. I have the soundtrack and I listen to it in my car. I also like the ending for it and I sing it all the time. I also LOVE the ending to Fushigi Yugi. I always wish that I knew the words, but alas, I didn't. I like the song, though. I also like the opening for the FY OVAs. That one is so sad and it makes me sad and I love sad songs. *Sighs*[/color][/size]

[size=1] I love the opening for Cowboy Bebop. Tank has a very catchy tune and I love jazz, anyway. Well, I think Tank is a little bit jazz. O_o;; I also like Fukai Mori, even though I have no idea what it's saying. I think anime music is actually very good, as it shows a lot of emotion in the words, so you don't really have to know what it's saying. ^_^;;

I like Ask DNA too! I first heard it on that limited edition Cowboy Bebop CD thing. (I got the bootleg edition. ^_~) I was hooked the first time I heard it. Has some strange lyrics, but I like the music and it's catchy. The guy who sings it made some other good songs for CB, anyway. ::shrugs::[/size]