OtakuBoards

Your Favorite TV show when you were a kid

Kanariya

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=arial] [color=336600]Heh, we watched [i]Muzzy[/i] in German I my freshman year. It was great.

I remember seeing--maybe in an "about the author" blurb in a Fear Street or Goosebumps book--that RL Stine was something to do with Eureka's Castle, and I thought it was the coolest thing, heh.[/font][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuluvr1 [/i]
[B]So everyone loved the Power Rangers...Lamb Chop was awesome too. Oh yeah and amibasuki, what a wonderful peaceful picture.
But I also liked the oldies...Three's Company, Different Strokes were my favorite oldies. Ooh Cheers, yeah I loved that too.
I didn't like the Teletubbies when I was little. I thought it was stupid...and I wanted to yell at the TV, "ha ha you all are fat!" but parents were always there to watch your every move.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Does anyone remember the little kid's show with the worm who drove an apple car? I forgot what that was called. [/B][/QUOTE]

The Busy World of Richard Scarry! ^_^ That was cool, Pig will and Pig Won't and a load of others I can't remember... :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zanarkand Abes [/i]
[B]When I was real little my favorite show was Bucky O' Haire, or at least I think that's how you spell it. Anyway, it was about a green rabbit with a duck friend who traveled the galaxy and fought crime. He was pretty cool. I wish I could get hold of some old episodes. [/B][/QUOTE]

I used to love that! Bucky O' Hare and Dead-eye Duck ^_^ That has the most AWESOME theme tune.

I also watched The Pink Panther, Conan, um... Garfield and friends (although I only just got the Orwell's Farm joke about four years ago) I was a big fan of the Playbus when I was reeeeally young, I always liked the Dot Stop, and the Why Bird Stop. I'm dissapointed to see that noone remebers Button Moon, but there ya go, that's life. Did anyone here ever watch Rainbow? With Zippy, Bungle and George..? They were great, I used to love Zippy... ^_^ Does anyone remember a show about a big green angine named Bertha, or Charlie Chalk? Charlie Chalk was great.

I just don't think stuff like the Teletubbies, Tweenies, and Fimbles even compare with stuff from when I was a kid, they're so patronising, and how four plonkers running around in siuts shouting 'Eh-oh!' can be educational. A guy on my course noticed that all the people who do the really original and creative work are the ones who grew up on Button Moon, The Clangers, Rainbow, The Magoic Roundabout, all the relly surreal stuff (yes, ocasionally with reference to drugs, but they weren't deliberate.) Just something I've noticed... what happened to all the great stuff, I woulv'e loved to have grown up in my dad's years, Andy Pandy, Rhubarb and Custard, and Bill and Ben the flower pot men. :D

THAT'S IT!!!! Thanks Dragonstar!!! I still have an ABC tape of it, I have to find it really soon.
The Teletubbies didn't work for me either. They annoyed me. That's kind of weird knowing the fact I liked Barney, when he pranced around acting like some weird thing.

Educational kids shows...the Magic School Bus!!! I loved that, and since I remembered when they went to space, I always wanted to. I was young I believed the moon was made of rotten cheese. Heh.

Transtic hit the nail on the head.

Actually any Jim Henson things, but Fraggle Rock was so amazingly happy! How could you not love it?

Oh, and Eureka's Castle. I can't find any sites or images from Eureka's Castle though. Meh.

Edit: It's actually Spelled Eureeka's Castle, with two "e"s, so that's why I said there were no sites for it.

[color=crimson]Hmm..I think my favourite show when i was younger would have to be "Rainbow brite" O_o I don't remember any of it now, except it was about a girl with this really cool horse and a belt that she'd press and rainbows would come out of it ^_^

I was obsessed with it ^_^ I had a rainbow brite doll and everything. I remember i wanted to have her belt soooo bad O_o However i don't think a toy company ever made one.

I'd like to get hold of some of the videos now (Im 18 lol) just to see what i used to watch when i was a child. But i think Rainbow Brite is practically extinct now X___x

woe is me..[/color]

[COLOR=blue]does anyone remember a show called bucky-o-hare? all i remember is a green rabbit...
does anyone remember a show where this boy could go into his videogame? lol, i remember the intro showes him playing his game, and his mom yelling off his chores...and then he goes in the game.
yeah, my memory is faded....[/COLOR]

Captain N, the Game Master. It was about a guy who got stuck in the world of Nintendo, where he teamed up with Kid Icarus, a princess (was it Zelda or someone else?), and a couple other Nintendo characters who were popular at the time. I remember Gameboy joined the team later on. Captain N wore an NES controller on his belt, and a zapper in his holster. He could pause everyone around him, press A to jump really high, and press B to... you know, B did something different everytime he used it. Sometimes it'd make stuff explode. One time, it caused water pressure to propell them through a warp pipe.
Anyway, I remember the badguy for the show was Mother Brain from Metroid.

I used to watch it all the time. It even came on back-to-back with Super Mario World. By the way, am I the only person who was expecting there to be a Mario 64 animated series?

I used to watch barny and the flinstones I didn't have very many chanals when I was little. reruns of the flinstones got boring so I just stoped watching it but then again barney started to scare me but thanks for asking.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]As soon as I read those, the theme songs of Eureka's Castle and Muppet Babies suddenly came back to me. Especially the ending theme to Eureka's Castle. Everything from those singing gargoyle fish to the giant who owned Eureka's castle as a music box.

Are you talking about Adventures in Wonderland, where they used live actors? I loved that show. For some reason, the episode where the Red Queen bought new china dishware stands out. She kept saying she bought china, and everyone assumed she was buying the country. I think the Wonderland phone book had red pages instead of yellow.

David The Gnome. I used to watch that everyday when I came home from kindergarten. I think he lived underground with his wife. There were a bunch of tunnels the gnomes used so they could hide from the trolls, which I thought were surprisingly big.

I feel older, now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I am talking about the live action series. Remember The Mad Hatter and the Hare? I remember that they had a cool house with two doors and stuff, I would watch every episode hoping one day they would actually show the inside of the house.

And yes, thank you, David The Gnome was what I was thinking of. Old Nick Jr owns new Nick Jr.

Hehe, i used to watch "Lamb Chop" >_> She died not too long ago, didn't she?

I used to watch TV b/c my parents made me... I was only allowed to watch four or five television shows until i was about 12... and then i was allowed to watch a few more. I'm still very restricted on what i'm allowed to watch, and i'm 17...

[COLOR=darkblue]Remember Superted? And Spotty?
Superted ruled. I used to have a superted teddy, that unzipped from him in the nude to him in his costume.

And cockleshell bay was another one. I have loads of old episodes taped off the telly. Now THAT was funky!

And of course, the homegrown hero - "Bosco". I'll never forgive RTE for taking that off the air[/COLOR]

As a kid i loved watching Danger mouse and a anime called Samuri pizza cats.
Ha i still remember those good old days. Sitting in front of the tv watching them. Ah brings back good memories Ahhh..... Oh anyway thats it i guess. And yes a cartoon called the dreamstone. it had a watch dogfish called Albert on it.

I actually feel really old in trying to remember all these shows that I saw when I was little.

I was addicted to the Lil Bits!!! ^_^ Er, they actually started showing that show when I wasn't even remotely little, but haha, I loved it anyway ^_^ Or that one show with that girl and the koala? They would go on adventures with a bunch of koalas...I can't remember the name of it LOL. And I also really loved David the Gnome!!! And does anyone remember on Nick Jr when they used to show Grimm's Fairy Tales??? I think it was actually anime, but I'm not even sure LOL, but I loved watching that show, too.

As a kid, I watched Ghostwriter a lot. It freaked me out a little bit, but I thought it was cool at the same time! LOL. As for when I was really, REALLY little, I think Jem was one of the first I've ever really watched. When I was little older, I'd say the Rescue Rangers, GummiBears, Alvin and the Chipmonks, and Denver the Last Dinosaur LOL. I also watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles alot because my brother loved them so much.

Ah, there are so many more. If I can remember some, I'll mention them later ^_^

Oh boy, its time to let yall know what "Old School" is all about now. Time to bring back...The SITCOMS!

Diff'rent Strokes. Yall cant tell me that you didnt like that show if you were born back int hem days. Diff'rent Strokes was pure hotness.

Facts of Life. Facts of Life was quite possibly one of the best sitcoms ever. Dont hate on it.

Whats Happenin! NOW. Yall know about "Whats Happenin" This was the 80's version of the show. When Dee was in college, Roge was married, Dwayne was a computer geek, and Rerun(RIP)was bigger then ever. Plus this is when Martin Lawrence made his acting debut when he was a teenager. Heads dont know about this, but he played one of the waiters in Robs Place. I'm tellin yall, hot show right there.

Silver Spoons. I know yall dont know about this, but this is that one wit that rich kid. Hung out wit Carlton from the Fresh Prince(although he obviously wasnt known as Carlton because this was LONG before the Fresh Prince.) Another great show there.

And finally Alf. DONT ACT LIKE YOU DIDNT LIKE ALF! Alf was the hottest puppet/human show EVER! I mean goodness, its still sad that they had to end that show. True hotness personified!

And when it comes to kid shows...dont get me started. Fraggle Rock, Pin Wheel, You Cant Do That on Television, David The Gnome, friggen Special Delivery, Today's Special(that one about that friggen Maniquin{sp?}that came to life), Zoobalee Zoo, Square One(that old school match show that used to come on PBS. Had a fake Pacman on there known as Mathman eatin all the multiples of a number and what not), Reading Rainbow, Mr Rogers, man I could go all day.

And cartoons? Shhh, we're gonna need an entire seperate thread for that one. ^_^

[size=1]
My Favorites would have to be
either the power rangers
or ren and stimpy.
I had the action figures of
the power rangers
and sang that song that
ren listend to and went all
psycho about, cant really
remember what it was called.
Then we have Roccos modern
life, which I only watched
because the dog was weird.
I didnt even remember
those shows until I saw the
thread Lol..[/size]

[COLOR=limegreen]*comes in dragging her walker*
Oh man, I used to watch Rainbow Bright all the time!
I had all the Color Kids and Puppy Bright. I even went as Shy Violet for Halloween one year.
I also loved to watch Jem and the Halograms. (is anyone else feeling old now?)
I also remember Smurfs, Fraggle Rock, and Seseme street (which is still around)
Okay, I need to go eat my bran flakes![/COLOR]

[color=009966]I liked Care Bears alot. There was something about that show that was just so....amazing or something, I dunno. I used to like the blue rabbit---what was its name? Swiftheart or something? o_0 *shrugs*

Ooooh! But my favorite was Lamb Chop's Playalong! ^^ When they sang the ending song we would run around and around the room singing "This is the song that never ends!!" Good times. :)[/color]

Guest angelaanime
When i was little i didn't watch shows like Barney and Lamb-chops.
I loved the show "wheel of fortune!"(still do) I used to guess all the answers and i always got them wrong.
(still do.......sometimes... OKAY! you got me, I get them wrong all the time!)
*grumble*....you people are evil....

[color=blue]CAREBEARS!!! How could you? I despised that show, even as a kid. And SuperTed was a pansy.
From when I was five I remember watching [I]PIZZA CATS[/I]. Does anyone here remeber that show? It was fantastic, good ole cartoons. Umm, Looney Toons are still a favourite of mine because they were hilarious. I love Roadrunner and While.E.Coyote they were my favourite characters.
Other then that I thought Lambchop was a stroke of genuis, but so did everyone else. Thats about all that comes to mind for the moment.[/color]

[size=1] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 'Nuff said.

I wish Cartoon Network had the old cartoon of this. I wish to death they did. I mean, they have Captain Planet, which is also a classic in some senses....but no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

I miss that show so damn much.[/size]

[size=1]The Elephant Show, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Eureeka's Castle, Fraggle Rock... and I think I watched Kids Incorporated a lot, too.

I always liked Blues Clues, though, even though I'm a bit old for that. The ones before this new guy, anyway. That, and Gulla Gulla Island. I have a lot of great memories about that show. Me and a friend took the theme song to that and made a quick, disturbing jingle out of it for our euthanasia debate, and I still crack up every time I hear it. Another fun thing about it is that the actor Vanessa Baden from the show actually lives in central Florida and attends FSU, so every time I see her I'm reminded of my childhood. ^_^[/size]