OtakuBoards

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Fyxe

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]As the title says... I need some help with Zelda: OOT. Well I just got past the Shadow Temple and now Navi is telling me I need to find out about the maker of the temple. It also says I need to be in Kakoriko(sp?) Village to find out about it. Well, I can't find what I need to do!! I have talked to everybody and I can't find what I need to do! If anyone can tell me, I would be very grateful. Please help me out! >.<[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Do you recall a part were you learned about the Shadow Temple's maker and why it was made? Because that is what I need to find out and it needs to be done as an adult. That's all Navi is telling me to do and when I'm an adult, the world map has an arrow pointing to the village.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]Hmm, no, I don't remember anything like that with the Shadow Temple. Strange...could you quote the message she's giving you? If I see it, I might remember something. And are you sure it's not talking about the Spirit Temple? Unless you've already done it before beating the Shadow Temple, that's where you should be heading to next.

The arrow on the map, though, doesn't have anything to do with it. The arrow means that's where you have to go for the next step in the trading sequence, which is just a side-quest thing. So don't worry about that.[/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Hmm, well she said, "Raven, I wonder who built the Shadow Temple and why?" So I know it has to do with the Shadow Temple. About the arrow, I already completed the side quest for the sword, it appeared after I had beaten the Shadow Temple, so I am sure it has to do with that.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]That's really odd... I've never seen Navi say anything like before, and the only time I've seen an arrow on the map was for the trading sequence.

What does Saria have to say when you play Saria's Song? Maybe she can give you a hint.[/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I have tried asking Saria, but she just says what she normally does about getting all of the sages. I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime.... but I don't even think I need to do it.
I've decided to move onto the Spirit Temple and well, I've done everything, but I can't get to the boss. I made that one statues face break open to reveal that vent thing, but I can't get to the boss. Do you think you could help me with that?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The vent? This is where it gets complicated. If I remember correctly, you have to use the Longshot to clamp onto the thing and then go in... Either that, or the target above it on the ceiling... Gawd, I haven't played this game in soooooo long!

As for the Navi quote, I have never seen that either. What version of the game are you playing?

[color=indigo]Yeah, you use the Longshot to pull yourself to the gate behind the statue's face. Simple enough, it just looks like it's both too far away and something you wouldn't be able to hook on to.

After you go through the gate, you'll meet Koume and Kotake, and you'll have to fight another Iron Knuckle. Then the room after that is the boss room.[/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Okay, thanks guys, I finally passed the game. Yay. The thing is that after I beat it and saw the ending thingy, it didn't save. So I'm back to where I was before I fought Ganondorf! Is it supposed to save your game? And if it is, then can you still play that saved game? I mean, only be able to play as a kid or something. I do believe this will be the last thing I need to ask. Thanks so much guys![/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 4 weeks later...
[color=indigo]That's just a little easter egg that got thrown in. It should happen on every game... Though I waited quite a while on the OOT/OMQ bonus disc, after beating Master Quest, and it never played it. So now I'm wondering if it got taken out of the versions on the bonus disc, or if it's just not in Master Quest, or what. How long did you have to wait until the song started playing?

Ocarina of Time doesn't save when you beat it, and your save file remains just as it was the last time you saved before beating Ganondorf. Nothing happens after the ending. You're supposed to start back where you last saved it when you load your file after beating it.

So no, nothing is wrong with your game.[/color]

[color=indigo]Hmm, well, I must have waited at least 15 minutes and nothing happened. I suppose if I really cared all that much, I'd go beat OOT on my N64 cartridge and see how long it takes on there, but I'd have to play through most of the game to get to the end. (Ah, the joy of erasing one's save file and then never playing all the way through again). :cross:[/color]

Ganon. Hmm... With Ganon you have to shoot him with light arrows to stun him and then lay into his tail with the hammer. Of course if you run out of magic you can still try shooting him, but the stun effect is nowhere near as long. If your doing all that already can I ask if you have any fairies? They are a invaluable when facing bosses, tough or otherwise.

Guest Jingle_Boob
I've noticed that too. I had to wait just a few min.'s. But why does it start over? Why can't it just keep playing? But i like the song anyway. It's, peaceful. Well, to me anyway.

[color=indigo]Yeah, you don't [i]have[/i] to stun him, but it makes it easier. And if you run out of magic and arrows, the Longshot also works, but again, it doesn't stun him for as long as a Light Arrow.

Anyway, for the first part of the fight, Ganon moves extremely slow, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting to his tail without stunning him. One thing that you should [i]never[/i] do, however, is try to go around his legs--only go in between them. If you go around, there's a chance that he'll catch you with one of his huge swords.

Once you get behind him, either use the Megaton Hammer or the Biggoron's Sword to hit his tail. (Preferably the Biggoron's Sword, if you have it). After you hit him once, roll straight away from him so that he won't hit you when he turns around. When you're using the Master Sword you can get in multiple hits, but the Megaton Hammer and Biggoron's Sword are too slow for more than one. Now just repeat until you can go grab the Master Sword.

Now, this is important: [b]Make sure that you use the Master Sword for the rest of the fight.[/b] I'm pretty sure that if you use the Biggoron's Sword or Megaton Hammer, you won't be able to defeat him. You have to use the Master Sword for the final hit, I know that much for sure. So make sure to equip the Master Sword after you get it back.

Anyway, on to the second part of the fight. Ganon will be moving much faster now, so make sure to keep your distance. Now, as long as you've got some magic and arrows left, shoot him with a Light Arrow. This will stun him for a decent amount of time, which you can use to run between his legs and hit his tail once or twice. Again, after you hit him twice at the most, do a roll straight away from him. He recovers very quickly after you start hitting him, and those giant swords of his [i]hurt.[/i]

Now just back off again, shoot him with another Light Arrow, and so on. Once you get the pattern down it's not that hard, and if you run out of magic and arrows, either use the Longshot to stun him or just roll between his legs without stunning him at all. In both of those cases, however, I wouldn't reccomend going for more than one slash at the tail before rolling away.

As for what you should be bringing into the fight, two fairies and two Blue Potions is what I'd reccomend. Fairies are good for those unexpected hits when you're low on life, while the Blue Potions will be very handy for restoring both life and magic.

And that's basically it. Like most bosses in OOT, you pretty much just have to learn the pattern and time your dodging and attacking right. Keep at it and you'll get beat him eventually.

Oh, hey, I thought of something else just now. Did you get the Golden Gauntlets out of the Shadow Temple section of Ganon's Castle? If not, go get them, and then exit the castle and go to that big stone pillar just outside and down the path to the left. Lift it with the Golden Gauntlets, and there'll be a Great Fairy's Fountain past it where you'll get the half damage upgrade. It makes the fight with Ganondorf/Ganon so much easier.[/color]

I never really heard that but I'll have to check it out. it probably

works on certain files or cartridges because my friend and I beat

the game, got past the Lon Lon ranch party, and after it said "the

end" we waited about an hour and the song didn't play.

And Jingle_boob it probably starts over because there is nothing

you can do at the end.(I think it's the same with LttP)

~*dragonrose*~

• 2 weeks later...
:D OK, there are a couple of things I'm having trouble with, niether of them seem to be very vital, but all the same, I'd really appreiciate some help.

THE SKULL MASK: Who do I sell this too!? I swear, I must've been everywhere you can reach as a kid and noone sems interested.

CUCCOS: There are two chickens that I need to catch in Kakariko Village, but I can't get to them, they're on the hill above the windmill and one of the carpenters is blocking the way out of the backof the house, is there a way to move him or am I missing something somewhere..?

ZORA'S DOMAIN: Near the big ladder by the entrance, there's a platform in the water, ever time I go near the platform, my controler vibrates, I had a closer look and I noticed what looks like an opening under the water, but I can't get deep enough, I can dive for six meters but I still can't reach. What do I need to do here, am I even on te right track..!?

LAKE HYLIA: That plague near the Water Temple warp point. It says 'When water fills the lake, shoot for the morning light' I just started the shadow temple but I don't have a clue what to do here.

RED POWDER: The guy I'm supposed give this to vanished and there's a fairy there saying that he turned into a Stalfos, so now what am I supposed to do with it.

FOREST STAGE: What is this for anyways?

LOST WOODS SKULLTULLA: In one of the clearings in the lost woods, I can hear a Gold Skulltulla, but I can't find it. This as an adult. It's close to the Sacred Forest Medow.

MAGIC BEANS: Where do I plant these? what are they for !? O_o

hmm... OK, so it was A LOT more than a couple of things... there may be more yet, but I have to test some theories first... *runs off to death mountain.* :D