OtakuBoards

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Fyxe

[color=indigo][b]Skull Mask:[/b] Sell it to the single Skull Kid in the Lost Woods, one room to the west of the entrance.

[b]Cuccos:[/b] The way that I get to them is to catch one of the other Cuccos and bring it up in front of the door to the windmill. Now hop up onto the fence, run along it, and jump off towards the big fence to the left of the door. (Left if you're facing it, that is; right if you've just come out of it). If you jump at the right angle with the Cucco, you'll float over the fence and land on the other side. Now just toss the Cucco back over the fence and then do the same with the other two Cuccos before following them and putting them in the pen.

[b]Zora's Domain:[/b] The "opening" down beneath the water is just a glitch, so it's not what's causing the rumble. I believe you have to play the Song of Storms on the platform either when you're young or old and it'll make a hole appear. Either that or try Bombs, but I think it's the Song of Storms that opens it up.

[b]Lake Hylia:[/b] Simply stand on the plaque at dawn and shoot ar arrow at the rising sun. This will cause the Fire Arrows to appear on the small island out in front of the plaque.

[b]Red Powder:[/b] I assume you mean the Odd Potion, right? Just give it to the Kokiri girl standing where the other guy was.

[b]Forest Stage:[/b] Wear different Happy Masks as young Link and you'll get different reactions from the Deku Scrubs.

[b]Lost Woods Skulltula:[/b] The clearing with the pit that leads to the Forest Stage, right? I'm pretty sure the Gold Skulltula is up on a ledge to the right of the entrance to the clearing. You should be able to use the Hookshot/Longshot on the tree in the meadow to get up to the ledge.

[b]Magic Beans:[/b] Plant them in those square patches of Soft Soil as young Link and then return as adult Link. The beans will have grown into floating platforms which you can ride to areas that would be otherwise inaccessible.[/color]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I wonder if there are also any differences in that respect between the Collector's Edition OoT and the regular OoT. I have the Collector's Edition for N64 and... I guess 2 copies of OoT for GCN, one on each of the two bonus disks. Those definitely don't play the scarecrow song.

• 2 weeks later...
What is your Favorite and Most Despised Temple in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time? There were quite a few temples in that game and each one held a different and more difficult challenge.

My favorite temple in that game would have to be The Shadow Temple because there was so many secrets and certain passageways you would have to go through and secret passages you had to find with the Mirror.

The Temple i DESPISED was the Water Temple. It has always confused the He!! out of me and still does when I try to beat it. The levels on it confuse me and how u have to change the water levels and stuff... It really ticked me off. It took me over a week with my friend to beat that temple the first time and 4 days the 2nd time alone. I find that the hardest temple! I like challenges but that is just annoying lol. The enemies also annoy me because I try to get somewhere and those damn water spiders follow me and screw me over:P

So what is your favorite and Despised temple in OoT?

[size=1][color=darkblue]My favorite temple you ask? Hmmm...
Well, my favorite would have to be the Spirit Temple. So many puzzles, plus I loved the song that played within the Temple. Another reason why it's my favorite is because it have my favorite boss and I like how you need to do the first part as a child and the rest as an adult. Fun times for the Connaness....

On the other hand... the temple(s) I despise is one: THE WATER TEMPLE! Gahh!! I hated it there, I can relate to just about everything Xyandar said. I almost couldn't beat it, I was stuck for about a week. Then I got my game guide, that solved my problem. :D
Another one I hated was The Shadow Temple actually. It was always so dark, and you never knew if something was gonna attack you. I could never [b]see[/b] in there. Plus, I never knew what to really do since everything was so hidden and I hated all of those Wall Masters. >.< Bleh.
So those are mine.[/color][/size]

[color=indigo]My favorite dungeon in Ocarina of Time has always been the Fire Temple. I just love how the Temple is set up, for both the layout and puzzles. Its enemies are fun to fight and well placed (how can you not love those fake doors?), and its boss is one of my favorites in the game. The Megaton Hammer is also lots of fun to play with in there.

Much to my disappointment, however, the Master Quest version of the Fire Temple is actually less enjoyable for me than the original OOT version. In OMQ, you only have to go through about half of the dungeon to beat it since you get the Megaton Hammer and the Boss Key so soon. I think it's the only dungeon that I liked less in OMQ than in the original OOT.

My least favorite dungeon is not, however, the Water Temple. I found the Water Temple to be annoying at times, but once you grasp the concept of how to really use the different water levels it can be pretty fun. One of the most annoying things about that dungeon, for me, is having to constantly switch between the Kokiri Boots and Iron Boots. I really wish they had let you assign a C button to your equipment, so you could cycle through just by tapping the button.

The Dodongo's Cavern is actually the least enjoyable for me. I can't really put my finger on it, but going through the Dodongo's Cavern has always seemed sort of dull to me. It was decently fun the first time I played through OOT, but the second time it was totally boring. Then even when playing through OMQ, the biggest thing for me was just seeing what was different, not so much actually going through it. Even the boss of the Dodongo's Cavern is pretty boring; it's really easy to do it without taking any damage if you know what you're doing.

Oh, and I know this isn't a real dungeon, but I thought the Gerudo's Fortress was really fun. It was kind of a stealthy part in the game, which was surprising--I'd never seen anything like that in a Zelda game before--and it was done quite well. And, for the four Gerudos that you actually had to fight, you had to have some decent sword fighting skills. It wasn't just hack and slash, like you can do with most other enemies in the game. (Plus, it was just fun to shoot the guards in the head with arrows and listen to them scream as they fell over, heh).[/color]

My favorite temple in the OOT has got to be the Temple in the Desert. Forgot its name, having not played the game in like forever. Tis my favorite because of the way you have to play it, and the favorite of all bosses, the witch sisters. Gotta love 'em... but again, i have to agree with Desbreko... the gerudo fortress was fun and I do love to shoot the guards and listen to them scream...

The least favorite has got to be all of the first three child temples. I really dont know why but they seem so short and dull that they get kinda old after beating the game a couple of times.

Im with Prettygurlrei I like the spirit temple the best as well, I like the whole mirros theme and using the mirrored shield,

Off course the least liked one has to be the water temple, I absolutley despised that dungeon, Though all good games need an anoying stage in it, Even if it means dreading getting to that part.

My favorite temple came from Zelda Orcarina of Time. It is the Shadow Temple. I like it because it has so many different figures from the Reaper to the boat the takes you down the Styxs. The boss is kinda lane but getting to him is the most fun I've ever had playing.

I also like The Legend of Zelda:Link to the Pasts, Forest Temple. The little monkey that leads you to the temple is so funny and clever. The boss and the monsters in the dungeon are hard to beat and difficult

I've always been a big fan of the Spirit Temple (I guess you'd count the versions you traverse as a child and as an adult as the same thing). Great puzzles and you get [i]two[/i] battles with Iron Knuckles (Iron Knuckles and Stalfos are the best enemies in the game to fight with, in my opinion). You also get an incredibly fun boss battle with Koume and Kotake to go along with it. I'd say the Spirit Temple is an awesome dungeon, heh.

Although I thought the Water Dungeon, and the subsequent fight with Morpha, were really annoying, I'll have to agree with Des on this one. Nothing is worse than a dull dungeon, especially in a series that relies heavily on having brillliant dungeons and puzzles. Even the Great Deku Tree had a moment or two when it was a really cool dungeon...Dodongo's Cavern was just extremely disappointing, especially the boss battle. Totally, totally easy to beat.

But my favorite dungeon still stands as Turtle Rock from Link to the Past - that dungeon was a real trip and the boss battle is awesome.

Favourite Temple....hmmmmm. Well I'd have to say the Forest Temple and Spirit Temple are tied for this one, I don't know why I like the Forest Temple. Sure, it may be short and easy, but I just loved the way it was set out. As for the Spirit Temple, I just like where it was located, that's all.

My most hated Temple... Well I don't see why people hate the Water Temple so much. I thought it was the easiest, you may think I'm insane, but I just got back from finishing that Temple and it took me about 30 minutes. No joke. I agree with Desbreko and Shinmaru on this one, Dondongo's Cavern is just plain BAD. I don't know why, it just is.

I also liked the Shadow Temple, it reminded me of hell. Which isn't necessarily a good thing, it was just creepy and stuff...:devil:

Guest Cloud6221
I like all the temple, there all cool. My favorite part of the duegens is when you get the new weopon.

I hate the watr temple. I always mess up and then i can't get any farther. Thought Dark link is cool, the rest of the water temple is so just arg. I have to use a stragtigy guide to beat that temple.

Guest Cloud6221
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I have, never ever liked the ice temple in Link to the Past. It's not overly frustrating or difficult, I just do not enjoy my time in there whatsoever. [/B][/QUOTE]
I hate all the temple in link to the past, that game is so hard. i got it when i came out for the GBA and i just finally got to the last temple(i hope it is the last one)

[color=indigo]Cloud6221, please try and improve your post quality. (Check out the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=69]OtakuBoards Information Center[/url] to view the forum rules and a posting FAQ). If you want to reply to threads asking what your favorite/least favorite thing is, you need to give some actual reasons for your choices, and "there all cool" isn't exactly what I'd call a good reason. Just give some specific examples of what you like about the dungeons and it'd be fine.

Oh, and if you think A Link to the Past is hard, you should play the first two Zelda games on the NES; [i]those[/i] are hard. But if you need help with LTP, I might be able to give you some tips. Either PM me, or post in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33336]this thread[/url] and I'll be happy to help if I can. ^_^[/color]

I surprisingly found The Legend of Zelda for NES was pretty easy to beat.. I beat it in a week and a half.. lol. The second one for NES is just confusing and annoying the way the gameplay is....

LTP is a cool game. I have it for SNES and I still never beat it. I am very far in it but haven't beaten it. I will beat it if it is the last thing I do!!!

[color=indigo]The Legend of Zelda isn't too hard to beat on the first quest. You should try it on the second quest, though; it gets a lot harder.

But anyway, let's try and keep this thread to the subject it was created for, eh? There are other threads for discussing the NES Zelda games and LTP. (Or if there aren't any recent ones, new ones can be made).[/color]

[size=1]My favourite temple ehh, does this include all temples or just those from the Ocarina of Time. I suppose though the list will be pretty much the same.

[i]OoT Only[/i]

[b]Favourite Temple:[/b] Fire Temple without a shadow of a doubt, I don't know what it is that I really like about this Temple but there just somthing about it that really does make it stand out from all the others. I there's the Gorons, the Megaton Hammer and of course the final battle with Volvagia in the Boss Room which was just excellent. I would agree with Desbreko when he said that the dungeon itself is well laid out as are the traps and the enemies (and yes those fake doors were a brilliant idea).

[b]Depised Temple:[/b] I don't know if there was a Temple on that game that I ever truly despised, I mean sure I got caught here and there on puzzles but in the end it all worked out. If I had to pick my least favourite dungeon the it would have to be the Water Temple, there were just so many things that I made a hames (Irish term for mess) of in that Temple. However I did enjoy the Mini-Boss fight against Dark Link I mean how could you not think that fight was classic Zelda, however the actual Boss Animorph (I think that's it's name) was a real pain in the *** for a while but like all enemies can be beaten given enough time and practice.

[b]Most Fun Part:[/b] Well as Desbreko has already given us his most fun part I think I'll do the same. I suppose the most fun part of the game for me anyway was the horse racing on the ranch. I was quite easily able to beat the nasty fellow there and would often just go back and re-race him for a laugh to see how far ahead I could get. I would also agree that the Garudo Hideout is good and quite enjoyable once your able to walk around freely but sneaking around had it's fun to it too.

[i]All Zelda Games[/i]

[b]Favourite Temple:[/b] See Above

[b]Despised Temple:[/b] Wind Temple from The Wind Waker, I really don't know what it is that makes me loathe this Temple but something really does. I think the dungeon itself is a pain to navigate and the enemies pop out at the most inoppertune times, however fighting the Dark Nuts is always great but that doesn't excuse the Temple itself. The Boss Molgera was also annoying, not hard but just too awkward to hit sometimes and those little worm creatures he spat out I practically ignored.

[b]Most Fun Part:[/b] Sailing the Great Sea at Night, I don't know why I like it but I just do, there something about sailing that I've always liked and the Great Sea is one kick *** place to just set sail and take to the winds. My favourite spots to sail would be between Dragon Roost Island, the Tower of the Gods and the Island where you fix the Lighthouse and the Ferris Wheel (I just can't think of it's name).

I think that's about it, thanks for anyone who takes the time to read this.[/size]

Temple of Time is a temple y'know! :D I LOVED that temple! Just kidding! I don't really like any temples more than the others, I just hate some temples more than the others. [SIZE=1]That hardly makes sense, doesn't it...[/SIZE]
Anyway, I didn't really like the Wind Temple. After all of the sailing, battling random monsters, chasing Poes in the Earth Temple, my temper was a little short when I got there. *muttering* Stupid Floormasters...
But the best part of all was definately hacking away at those Dark Nuts in the castle. YAY! I finally conquered my habit of calling Dark Nuts Iron Knuckles! :D

• 2 weeks later...
[size=2][color=#CC0000]The Water Temple? I didn't find that hard at all, nor was I stuck for a week. Over a period of two days, I beat it.. and it's not like I spent ages on each of those two days. Could have been three though...

In OoT I didn't like the Fire Temple at all, it was super super annoying how I just didn't know where the hell I was going at any point in that temple.. not that it was hard or anything, it just pissed the hell out of me. But I guess I had to beat it to get onto the next Temple, so I reuluctantly beat it.

Parts of the Shadow Temple were annoying.. I hated killing those Floormasters that you could only see with the Lens of Truth or whatever. Grrr. I'm not onto the Spirit Temple yet.. the ghost is pissing me off. ¬¬

[/size][/color]

[COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1][B]Going with a few others my fave temple was also the Fire Temple [First time I meet the doors I was all o.O eh?] but Volvagia[sp?] was pretty easy to beat considering his temple was so cool and such, also the sub-bosses in the Fire Temple rock ^_^.

My least fave temple is a joint between the Water Temple and the Shadow Temple but I have to give it to the Water Temple [Though Morpha is [U]THE[/U] most simple boss in the whole game!] which confused the hell out of me with all the water lowering, twists etc and Shadow Link was pretty cool but Dins Fire and Biggorons Sword sorted him out ;)[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ScirosDarkblade
My favorite temple is probably Spirit Temple from Ocarina of Time. I like everything about it: the music, the iron knuckle, the puzzles. It feels the most like a real "adventure dungeon" like something in Indiana Jones or The Mummy.

My least favorite temple is probably the 4-pillar dungeon with the giant bird and the big metal ball from Link's Awakening. It was all one big puzzle, and annoyed me. It wasn't really that hard, and must have been one heck of a brain teaser to actually put together and have the player not be able to get him/herself stuck, but still it left a bad impression.

Guest Paines_Revenge
My favorite temple was the spirit temple also. It felt like a real good maze to go through. Sometimes I might get frustrated, but then again you do get the Mirror Shield. You also get to go in it at young age and older age.

One of my least favorite is the shadow temple. There is so many things that need magic I get a little crazy if I run out of magic. I hate it when I get to one spot where I have to use the hover boots. Those things are so slippery that I can't stand it. :flaming:

**************ERROR***************
Mission: Lost contact with terminal facilities on X329YT77 A.K.A. Trontan. The instructions are to locate the problem, save survivors, and if the Spontage-Du are behind this annilate every single one. The worst curcumstance is the place has been overrun by this imbossils and then the objective is annilate the planet. That is right complete core meltdown. The other option is total annilation of the human race. Stick to your mission and make sure this is accomplished.
**************ERROR***************

First of all, I wouldn't say that I despise any temples in Ocarina of Time. There were some that I disliked more than others, however. Here we go.

My favourite temple is the Forest Temple, and not because of how well it played. It was just so atmospheric. There were two rooms where you could look up at the sky, and it was just so overwhelming; I really felt as if I was in an ancient temple in the middle of a forest. The music was great too, some of the best in the game.

There are other temples that I really enjoyed too: the Spirit Temple, because of the whole adult-to-child-to-adult thing; the Water Temple, even though I found it confusing, for the one room with the tree in the middle of it (I played the game up to that point once just to see it); and Dodongo's Cavern, because even though King Dodongo was extremely easy to beat, I just thought he looked sweet. Oh yeah, and the Fire Temple because of the coolness of Volvagia.

My least favourite temple is the shadow temple. Like I said before, I don't really dislike any temples, but this one was the one that I enjoyed the least. It just felt like a chore playing it, the same as it did when I went down into the well. I guess it was just the colour scheme, it was so damn morbid. But the ship that takes you to the boss was cool.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]My most despised temple, in any Zelda game, the well in Kakarot Villge. I hate it. So dark and grimey and *shudders* not to mention the roof thingies and the fact that a shiteload of golden skulltulas are in there that I have no desire to get. And yeah. Hmm... that didn't make much sense ^_^;[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

My favorite temple in OoT... jeez. i can't decide between the Forest Temple, the Spirit Temple, and the Fire Temple. i loved the Forest one because it was so beautiful inside and the boss was really quite clever. i loved the Spirit temple because of the way the whole thing was put together inside, and the whole Mirror Shield thing. And i loved the Fire Temple because i loved searching for and saving the Gorons.

However, i really disliked the Water Temple. Confusing? You bet. Annoying? Heck yes. And i cannot STAND Ruto anyway >_>;;; So i played through it as quickly as i could, and went on to kick some butt in the others.