OtakuBoards

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Fyxe

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Not quite. It's Sheik that you meet there, who says this after you get smacked around by the evil spirit thingy and then wake up:[/color]

[color=#4B0082]He [spoiler]*cough*she*cough*[/spoiler] says Impa will be in danger without your help, and to go save her. It implies that she could die if you don't defeat the spirit (aka Bongo Bongo), but obviously you do in order to advance in the game. So, then, this quote would imply that you have indeed saved her from dying by defeating Bongo Bongo.

Yes, I realize I'm beating a dead horse here. I just enjoy digging into all the little nuances of the storyline. :animesmil

Oh, and agreed; that's also one of my favorite cutscenes in the game. That, along with the one right after you beat the Fire Temple where the big ring of fire above Death Mountain disappears, rank at the top for me.[/color][/QUOTE]

I really like that cut scene too. ^_^ I love that about this game. The cut scenes are awesome. I especially loved the one right after the Forest temple with the Deku tree. And the one where Link sees Gannon?s evil castle for the first time as an adult.

I also like some of the cut scenes during the battles with the bosses. Like in the spirit temple when the two witches [spoiler] join together to fight Link [/spoiler] They just add so much to the game.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#4B0082]Well, she at least had to have been in pretty bad shape after you kick the crap out of her when she's imprisoned in the Iron Knuckle armor. You really have to lay the hurt on that thing to bring it down. But I still have fun wailing on it even now that I know Nabooru is inside. :p[/color]

[quote name='Monkeyfeet63']All the spirit temple cutscenes rock the boat. Such as when you naroubbou get blasted by those witches. Hmmm.....do you think she died when the witches did that too her?[/quote]

She may have been beaten up but she had to still be alive. After all she was there in the end to assist with placing the seal on Ganondorf. It couldn?t have just been her spirit otherwise you run into complications when you get to The Wind Waker. If only their spirit was necessary then there would have been no need to awaken new sages in The Wind Waker.

• 4 months later...
Guest Andy457
[quote name='Desbreko][color=indigo']You've beaten the Shadow Temple? If you have, Navi should be talking about Gerudo Valley and the Spirit Temple. Are you sure you've done everything in the Bottom of the Well and the Shadow Temple?[/color][/quote]

Hey dude!! I need help getting into the shadow temple ASAP >.< I cannot even get in past the graveyard!! I am stuck at the graveyard and am not even at the warp pad How do I get up there!!! XD PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b][url=www.gamefaqs.com]GameFAQs[/url][/b] is the best place to go if you're ever stuck somewhere in a game. (I hope I'm not playing mod here with that. :p)

As for your particular question, though, [spoiler]you just need the Nocturne of Shadow. Sheik teaches it to you when you go to Kakariko Village after beating the Water Temple. Then you just play the song, and it'll warp you to the entrance of the Shadow Temple. After that, it's just a simple matter of using Din's Fire to light all of the torches in front of the Shadow Temple's entrance in order to gain entry. Make sure you have the Lens of Truth before going in there, too![/spoiler]

Hope that helped you. :)

• 2 months later...
I never use Game FAQs. I have nothing like Prima or Piggybank guides on myshelf. I always think my own way through games. All my completed saves are my own work and no one elses. And I take a lot of pride in them :animesmil

• 1 year later...
[color=#4B0082]*releases a fairy for the thread*

I started playing Ocarina of Time again recently. This will make three times that I'll have played it to completion, plus once for Master Quest. That's not nearly as many times as A Link to the Past, and it's not even as old as LttP, but I keep feeling very nostalgic while playing it. I'm finding I still know the game incredibly well and as I do things I'll remember the first time I explored the area, or the first time I figured something out. It was the first Zelda game that I beat, back when I was eleven, and it was the game that started my obsession with the series, so it's special to me even if it's not my favorite.

OoT really is a classic, even if I do think it's a bit overrated.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]*releases a fairy for the thread*

I started playing Ocarina of Time again recently. This will make three times that I'll have played it to completion, plus once for Master Quest. That's not nearly as many times as A Link to the Past, and it's not even as old as LttP, but I keep feeling very nostalgic while playing it. I'm finding I still know the game incredibly well and as I do things I'll remember the first time I explored the area, or the first time I figured something out. It was the first Zelda game that I beat, back when I was eleven, and it was the game that started my obsession with the series, so it's special to me even if it's not my favorite.

OoT really is a classic, even if I do think it's a bit overrated.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yeah I started playing again, got to the Spirit Temple and decided that I actually didn't know how to get into the temple. I gave up and haven't played it for months. I really should stick at games more :p

I know what you mean about the nostalgia though - it is an immense feeling to play something so brilliant.. again. Even though I haven't completed it, I am still looking forward to the day that I do.. lol. I think I [i]may[/i] have played Link's Awakening first, but I'm not sure...

[color=#4B0082]The Fire Temple? I actually just beat that yesterday so it's still fresh in my mind. Where are you stuck in it?

The best general advice I can give you, though, is to just look [i]everywhere[/i] for captured Gorons. Be thorough and look for little nooks and crannies that could house one of their cells. You have to rescue each one in order to progress since you get a small key out of each cell.

And if you have trouble with the boss, take a look at the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumgH9Srq3U][u]video[/u][/url] I made showing how to beat it. /shameless plug :animesmil[/color]

I've been playing the Master Quest to this since I got stuck and never finished it. But it's been so long that I didn't remember where or what I got stuck on so I just started it from the beginning instead. In the end it's still an awesome game. Sure the TP is more epic looking, but OOT is just fantastic. Now if I can just figure out what I need to do next in the cave next to the Gorons. I know I did the area in the regular game, but the Master Quest is of course totally different. I'm sure I'll figure it out, eventually.

[color=#4B0082]I beat the Water Temple yesterday and realized something: I actually like it. The Fire and Shadow Temples are still my favorites but I think the Water Temple comes in third. It has a very nonlinear layout compared to the rest, controlling your progress with locked doors at only a few points and making you thoroughly explore to figure out how to reach the keys. It gets a lot of hate for being confusing because of that, but I've come to appreciate it because it still makes me think about what I need to do even on my third time through it. I can't just stroll through on autopilot like I can the other dungeons.

I also found a way to completely abuse Dark Link's AI and kill it without ever being in danger of getting hit, using nothing but the Master Sword and Hookshot. I have a video of it up on YouTube if anyone wants to see how.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]On a whim of nostalgia brought on by the Gamecube thread, I just bought the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition of eBay, so I'll be back playing Ocarina of Time before too long. I have to say though Des, even if it impresses you for being a dungeon built on outside the box thinking, the Water Temple is still a pain compared to the other ones. And quit with the plugs you shameless dog, I feel rusty enough already. :p

I'm actually really looking forward to playing Majoras Mask as I was too cheap to buy the expansion needed to play it when it was first released.[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[color=#4B0082]Here's a mini-walkthrough for the first part of the Water Temple, since Gavin asked for help. This is all just from memory, so it's not incredibly comprehensive, but there's still some good info here.

Before you can do much you need to meet Ruto and lower the water level, so put on the Iron Boots and head into the eastern passage at the bottom of the central room. You'll meet her in there, then follow her up a shaft to the first spot where you can change the water level. Do so to lower the water level all the way, then drop back down the now-dry shaft. Also make a note of the cracked wall half way down the shaft—you'll need to come back here and collect the small key behind it after you've raised the water level back up half way.

At the bottom of the shaft is a room you can now get into which contains a small key. This will let you get into the room inside the pillar in the central room but before that you should explore everywhere else that you can get to. Be systematic, paying attention to where you're going on the map and remembering that rooms on different floors can be connected by vertical shafts. You may enter a passage from the central room on 1F but end up coming out of it on B1, for example. It's very important to fully explore everywhere you can get to at each water level, both so you can collect keys and make notes of where you'll need to come back to with the water at a different level.

At one point you'll come across a square room with water flowing around it in a circle and two snake-like statues in the pool. In the mouth of the statue sticking out of the wall is a crystal switch, and to the right is a passage blocked by a gate, which the switch opens. On the wall in the passage is a Hookshot target. Don't be fooled here—you [i]can[/i] get through this room without the Longshot. Use the Iron Boots to sink into the pool and stand where the Hookshot will reach both the switch and the target. This will probably take some experimentation since it's a very small spot where you can reach both. Once you find it, hit the switch with the Hookshot, then quickly shift your aim to the target and pull yourself into the passage. Run through the gate before it closes; you'll find another small key beyond it.

After you've gone everywhere you can, go into the pillar in the central room and climb up to the second place where you can change the water level. Do so to raise the water to mid-level, then use the Iron Boots to sink back down the shaft. A passage in the floor will now be uncovered, leading to another small key. Also, remember to go back to the shaft in the eastern passage where you met Ruto to collect that key, and explore everywhere else that you couldn't get to with the water at its lowest.

After exploring with the water at mid-level, go through the locked western door in the central room on 2F. You'll end up climbing to 3F and finding the third place where you can change the water level. If you've set up a Scarecrow's Song, play it where Navi turns green on the ledge here; this will let you Hookshot from the central platform back to the ledge. Raise the water level, scour the area once more, then head through the western door on 3F.

This series of rooms will lead you to Dark Link. If you've gotten all the small keys that you can up to that point you'll be able to make it through. If you get stopped by a locked door, go back to the central room and start searching again. Check the map for any rooms you haven't been in which look connected to places you have been, and if need be start over by lowering the water level to its lowest again. After you get through to Dark Link the rest of the Water Temple is fairly straightforward.[/color]