Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Grr...Stupid army I think I'm gonna need a hug


Recommended Posts

My husband is in the 1st Cav Division's 13th Signal Battalion stationed at Ft.Hood Army base inTexas. But that's not why I'm posting.
The thing is that he's being sent over to Iraq between February and March (gotta love army intelligence) to help out with troop rotation.
I know it sounds like I'm jumping the gun a bit since deployment is three to four months away, but I'm really hating life right now. Especially since before this deployment he leaves for Ft.Polk LA in about 3hrs. (since Louisiana and Iraq have so many things in common:rolleyes: like you know, vowels in their names) so I'll be apart from him for a month. Then we're in NEw YOrk for Christmas and I stay up there and he goes back down to Texas and I don't see him until March 2005. (stupid year long tours of duty:mad: )
Well, yeah, that about sums it up here. I hate the military, I'm depressed and I needed this off my chest.
Thank you for listening,
Chibi Horsewoman

[COLOR=darkblue]Military intelligence, what kind of oxymoron is that?[/COLOR]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[COLOR=royalblue]Hello and how is everything?
I know we really don't know one another but I understand how you fell my brother-in-law (station also out of Fort Hood) is over there right now and is currently serving his year (due back in April). He left behind my sister and their three kids and she is always watching the news to see what is going on over there. She just hates it when the kids ask for their dad (that is when it hits her the hardest). I would tell you to love him every moment before he goes and know that 1 yr is now that long in the grand adventure we call life he will be home before you even know it. Best wishes and good luck out there, and im me if you need some one to talk to I am always ready to listen to a needy voice.
THE FIZZ[/COLOR]:wigout:
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_fizz [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]Hello and how is everything?
I know we really don't know one another but I understand how you fell my brother-in-law (station also out of Fort Hood) is over there right now and is currently serving his year (due back in April). He left behind my sister and their three kids and she is always watching the news to see what is going on over there. She just hates it when the kids ask for their dad (that is when it hits her the hardest). I would tell you to love him every moment before he goes and know that 1 yr is now that long in the grand adventure we call life he will be home before you even know it. Best wishes and good luck out there, and im me if you need some one to talk to I am always ready to listen to a needy voice.
THE FIZZ[/COLOR]:wigout: [/B][/QUOTE]
My closest friend down here has 2 kids. Her husband was sent over to Iraq back in April, But due to family reasons he came back in June and was recently discharged.
Anyway, whenever the five-year old would ask where daddy was we'd have to tell her that daddy was at work, because she's too young to understand war. (Thank God)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest cloricus
ChibiHorsewoman if it's any thing to you the statistics are on you're side by a long way, though I guess you should have known that this might have happened even before America invaded Iraq. The only good thing about it would most likely be the danger pay...

Out of interest what rank is he?
Link to post
Share on other sites
[COLOR=royalblue]One thing i for got to tell you is that if you need some one out there to talk to get involved with the army wifes groups they got out there, my sister hes found it to be a great help when it comes to her husband being gone and over there. If you like i could get you that info and post is later for you? let me know if that is cool and if you need it.
THE FIZZ:wigout: [/color]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]ChibiHorsewoman if it's any thing to you the statistics are on you're side by a long way, though I guess you should have known that this might have happened even before America invaded Iraq. The only good thing about it would most likely be the danger pay...

Out of interest what rank is he? [/B][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AutoKill [/i]

He's an E4 or a Specialist. If he wanted to he could go for E5 since he has enough points. As for the danger pay-I heard somewhere that it might be cut since Bush budgeted wrong for the war. However, an E4's pay + hazardous duty pay and hardship tour is better than just E4 pay with BAH and BAS. But I'd still rather have him.
And yes I know statistics are on my side. The guy is signal and works in a box. (I remind myself at least 2x every 1/2 hour about this.)
[B]I hate to seem like the realist, but i think you should of known this would happen when you got together with a military man. So don't point your anger at the military. [/B][/QUOTE]
I'm a realist as well. And yes I [i]did[/i] know that the whole going into war thing was a part of reality.
I also knew as of this past April that Lincoln's (my husband) unit would be sent over to Iraq for troop rotation for the 4th ID troops stationed out of Ft.Hood. However we first thought that he'd only have to be there until November 2004 since that's when his enlistment is up.
The fact that I won't see my husband for over a year because they've decided to make Iraq one of those places where you do a year long over-seas tour reguardless of your ETS (don't ask me what that stands for, I'm still trying to figure out how Louisiana and Iraq are alike) date. (Maybe it's Enlistment Termination...) That's why I'm angry at the Military. Not because I didn't know that something like being sent out was likely.

And Fizz, thanx for the support so far. :)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you kidding? Louisiana and Iraq have [i]tons[/i] of things in common! For one, Louisiana has many forested and swampy areas, gets a lot of rain on average a year, has to deal with hurricanes and the such, and Iraq -- ...er. Well. Um. Let's move on, shall we? *hopes this lightens your mood a tad*

Law of averages says your husband will return home fine..and then you will experience a shortage in money due to spending of maternal wear. :D [Please don't take any offense to that, I'm just trying to get a laugh. x.x;;]

Honestly though, I would say the best of luck to both you and your husband. Just constantly remind him that whatever conservatives say, this war is needed. And even if he doesn't agree to the war, he must fight for you. Without him and other U.S. soldiers in Iraq, the danger of more attacks on U.S. soil would significantly rise. Write him often, don't be afraid to pass on the small things, and cherish what he tells you in his responding letter. Also remind him that standing in the open with a M60E0 blazing against Iraqi guerrillas will not get him the Medal of Honor, but rather a bullet in the head; use your training.

If I was a praying man, I would say a Hail Mary or two, and maybe an Our Father.

P.S.: Troops are sent to Fort Polk because it is quite an extensive training base, and has setups for excellent war games with our lush enviroments here in Louisiana. Also, it's right by the Gulf, which makes it easier to ship soldiers out.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Why would she be dead? We haven't had any recent attacks that or army has had to protect us from, except for 9/11 etc, which did happen and which our army didn't defend against.

I'm not saying that I hate the army, but that's a stupid thing to say.

I'm totally moving to El Salvador. No army there, they're completely nuetral and have never had a war. No money either, but I'll work around it.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Genkai [/i]
[B]Why would she be dead? We haven't had any recent attacks that or army has had to protect us from, except for 9/11 etc, which did happen and which our army didn't defend against.

I'm not saying that I hate the army, but that's a stupid thing to say.

I'm totally moving to El Salvador. No army there, they're completely nuetral and have never had a war. No money either, but I'll work around it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=006699]No, not really... if we didn't have an army, another nation, for sure, would attack us. Common sense.[/color][/size]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][size=1][color=006699]No, not really... if we didn't have an army, another nation, for sure, would attack us. Common sense.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand that, and, if we didn't have an army, our nation would be in very poor shape. But there's no reson to say that she'd be dead.

Also, she's not hating the army because it defends us, she hates it because it's taken her husband away from her to wage an illegal war.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]

That sucks. Just dont' cheat on him while he's away and when he comes back you give him the divorce papers, he'd most likely kill you and your lover.


[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]How can you justify such blatant rudeness?

Regardless of whether or not you agree with Chibi on her views of the military and such, she's obviously going through a tough time. Having a partner sent away to a dangerous situation for a long period of time is obviously incredibly tough and stressful.

I'm sure that she doesn't need you or anyone else to make cruel and inappropriate comments about the situation. [/color]
Link to post
Share on other sites
Um... I don't really know anyone in the army, but my last year's ELA teacher is a veteran(older than he looks) and on memorial day, he had to go to a meeting thing and talked on T.V. But then, on Wed., when we went back to school, he passed out/fainted in 3rd period. Still no word on if he's okay or not. I hope he is. There were substitute teachers Wed., Thursday, and Friday... I hope he is okay... Does that count as an 'army' thing?
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][size=1][color=06699]If you hate the army, you're very ungreatful. You'd be dead right now if we didn't have them.

So, be thankful that your husband has the duty to protect America.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I think that's slightly unfair of you to tell her that, but whatever. Maybe I just sympathize with her too much to care whether or not she's criticizing the military :rolleyes:

ChibiHorsewoman, I'm feelin' ya. Time away from your significant other always just sucks [for lack of a better word :P]. I guess that, with the army, it's something that you have to expect is going to happen. However, I know that it doesn't make it any easier when he actually [i]does[/i] have to leave.

Good luck with it! At least you have your child to love throughout the time your husband will be away :)[/color]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I think that's slightly unfair of you to tell her that, but whatever. Maybe I just sympathize with her too much to care whether or not she's criticizing the military :rolleyes:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=006699]Well, I wouldn't of cared so much that she was criticizing the army a week or two ago, but for Veteran's Day, we watched this very touching and sad movie.. I now have a newfound respect for the army. Sorry for being harsh. ^^;[/size][/color]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]How can you justify such blatant rudeness?

Regardless of whether or not you agree with Chibi on her views of the military and such, she's obviously going through a tough time. Having a partner sent away to a dangerous situation for a long period of time is obviously incredibly tough and stressful.

I'm sure that she doesn't need you or anyone else to make cruel and inappropriate comments about the situation. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah you're right, now that I look back on the post it was unwarrantly rude . I dont' know what I was thinking that made me say that but I'm sorry ChibiHorsewoman. Best of wishes for your husband.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Genkai [/i]
[B]Also, she's not hating the army because it defends us, she hates it because it's taken her husband away from her to wage an illegal war. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=royalblue]
That is a good point to bring up! Have any of you been in a situation that one of your close loved one is going off to war? It really sucks and it is only natural to hate the thing taking that loved one away. ChibiHorsewoman is an American and she mostly love the US and the Army, but right now she got to get use to the fact that they are taking her husband away to fight in a war for another contries freedom(which by the way hate the US)!!!! So cut her some slack when she vents her anger.
THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout:
Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd like to thank you guys for helping me through this so far. I am [i]still[/i] trying to figure out how LA and Iraq are the same (notice there is no . between the L and the A) You know except for the vowels and such.
Of course I'm not going to cheat on him. I was apart from Lincoln for a year when he was in Korea and neither of us did that. WHy would we bother now?
I'm happy that I get to see him on the 20th of December until the 4th of Jauary, but I wish that the army would've given him more leave time. However there's that stupid rail load.
Okay well, Thanks for the support.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest cloricus
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][size=1][color=06699]So, be thankful that your husband has the duty to protect America.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

From what exactly? Last time I checked Iraq wasn't a state of America (or is that going to change lol) and on top of that the US's continued occupation is causing a lot of people to be very annoyed, not because they are there but because they have stuffed it up so much. So how is it protecting America by making new enemies?

Sorry for off topic, but if you say things like that especially in threads like this you have to support them. And I don't expect you to reply, I was just pointing out holes.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][size=1][color=006699]Well, I wouldn't of cared so much that she was criticizing the army a week or two ago, but for Veteran's Day, we watched this very touching and sad movie.. I now have a newfound respect for the army. Sorry for being harsh. ^^;[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=purple]I have to say that I have more respect for the men and women in the military than the military itsself.
These people put their butts on the line for something some of them don't even care to do like go to war for something they don't even understand.
It's true, my husband really can't figure out why they need to go over there except that Bush wants them to be some of the new soldiers for troop rotation.
On the same note, these men and women who are coming back from Iraq will receive a month of recooperation then they'll be sent to field excersizes for three months then some more training, work then back to Iraq. This is coming from my friend's husband who just recently returned from IRaq for family reasons.
I don't know what his protecting America from. I also don't know what America is going to be able to do for their war veterans a few years down the road since the Bush administration is intent on getting rid of the Veteran's Support programs yet have started a war that only they know the reasons for and aren't willing to share with the public. What is going to happen to our disabled men and women if Bush succeeds with this program? Maybe this man would be a bit more concerned with the out come of his actions if his children were in battle instead of becoming adolecent alcholics like their father.
Instead he's over budgeting for a war that nobody really wanted, cutting soldier's hazard duty and hardship pay and reducing support to veteran's. Yes let's vote for this guy again so he can screw up more things.[/COLOR]
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...