OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy XII

Sandy

[quote name='emmanuel_xavier']hm..when will this game comeout...i wait and wait....i hope square enix will make this one is better than last one.....PEACE :animesmil[/quote]

[color=darkred]As Sandy already said, Japan's release date is set for March 16th 2006. As far as I know, the American release date should be in Q2 of 2006, but I'm not sure if anything else has been announced that's a bit more specific.[/color]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='Ramen_Mido']I belive the official U.S release date is August 1st. I wouldnt be surprised if it were pushed back.[/quote]

yeah stuff always gets pushed back by alot like Kingdom Hearts 2 TT_TT wahh.... although that should be coming out relativly soon right?

• 2 weeks later...
it is driving me insane to keep finding out things tha square-enix is making i mean first ff7 advent chlidren the movie witch i still canot get why do i have to live in newfoundland. then i find about a fps involving vencint( my fav in ff7) and now FFXII i will kill my self if i dont find them soon.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='animeghost']it is driving me insane to keep finding out things tha square-enix is making i mean first ff7 advent chlidren the movie witch i still canot get why do i have to live in newfoundland. then i find about a fps involving vencint( my fav in ff7) and now FFXII i will kill my self if i dont find them soon.[/quote]

I didn't completely understand what you were saying (proper grammar and spelling could help... *hint hint*), but what I gathered was that you were tired of waiting for the new titles of Square-Enix. You just have to be patient, and not kill yourself. ;P

The sequels of FF VII, [B]Advent Children[/B] (the movie) and [B]Dirge of Cerberus[/B] (the Vincent-FPS) are already out in Japan, and [B]FFXII[/B] is coming out in a month, but everybody in USA and PAL-regions will still have to wait for them at least until summer.

So it's no wonder you haven't found them yet because they aren't out yet - not in Newfoundland nor the continental America. ;P

[B]EDIT:[/B] The game was officially released in Japan yesterday, and now most gaming sites in the internet are flooding with first impressions and gameplayvideos.

However, there are great news to us non-importers as well: Yoichi Wada (president of S-E) has said that the company is aiming to release this game in the US and Europe by the end of this year (which is more than likely).

*is embarrased about the first post in this thread*

Honestly I don't know what the big deal is with final fatasty 12 Mabye its just that I'm on old school gamer playing the originals. Though I have to admit it is sort of nice not to run into random battles ever three steps :D

geez I'm behind the current talk
I am waiting to see what the movie is going to be like I don't know much about it but there has been a preview for it at almost every anima page on the Wep :animenose

[color=#4B0082]Merged the double post. If you'd like to add something to a post, please use the Edit function. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

• 4 months later...
I would like to announce that Square-Enix has officialy given the release date for FF XII in the US (honestley Sandy, with the way you've been acting in this thread, I am surprised you didn't sprad the news the moment after the announcement!), as Halloween. I guess they wanted to give the cosplayers an excuse to dress up as one of the Judges. :-\

• 1 month later...
In case somebody hasn't followed the gaming news in the RPG front, Square Enix has revealed a [B]FF XII sequel/spin-off[/B] in making for the Nintendo DS, known for now as [I]Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings[/I].

Not much else is known about the game except what can be deducted from [url=http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan01pk0.jpg][U][B]this scan[/B][/U][/url]. Apparently the story centers around the teenagers Vaan and Penelo (which many of those who've played the Japanese version of FF XII said were left quite in the background storywise). No other info for now, though.

[SIZE=1]It's kinda irritating that on the other side of the planet they are already making a sequel to the game you have been lusting for so many years but still have to wait months until you can finally play it. >:/[/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
Don't tell me I got this game before the rest of you. :animestun

The game hit stores today. Circuit City is selling it on their site for only $37.99. Saves you $12. I imagine the store has the same price.

Personally, I picked mine up at Best Buy. Looking forward to playing it. I almost forgot about this title (what with Gears of War and Guitar Hero II hitting next week), but RPGFan's review rekindled my interest enough that I just went out and bought it.

[url]http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/finalfantasy12/index.html[/url]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Generic NPC #3']Don't tell me I got this game before the rest of you. :animestun[/quote]

Touche'

I actually picked mine up today indirectly, seeing as apparently I had reserved it a while ago and forgot about it, the Gamestop that I had reserved it at closed down and they shifted the order to a different Gamestop, (one which was actually closer to my house than the previous one), and I got a call yesterday to pick it up. Since my Mom is currently at home on an extended break for personal reasons, she actually asked me if she would pick it it while I was at school, she did so and now I have it, hurra.

I haven't started playing it yet but I got this little booklet thing that had a lot of concept art for the game which made my jaw drop almost. If these are the visuals in the game, (cutscene or no) I am rather amazed about how the gameplay will look like. The weapons and characters look very well also, (I love how many different Races there are in the game). I will probably play it tonight after I finish my homework then I can actually get a good grip on the gameplay. This being my first Final Fantasy game ever I am rather excited.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=tahoma]Just picked my reserved collectors edition up today, actually playing it atm. The intro is just absolutely beautiful, as are the graphics overall. It's comforting in a way that they have taken things back to a legitamate medieval kind of ambiance here, but of course with the usual spin of fantasy.

The battle system isn't difficult what so ever either, it's quite simple to get used to. Really helps move things along sometimes. Well, I'm off to play some more...i'll more than likely return to this thread at a later time when i've played though it more.[/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Well, FF continues to be a thriving force in the video game world, and XII is no exception.

I picked up the game three days ago (sunday), I love it. I haven't really been playing it all that often due to work, but what I have played is friggin' awesome!

Good points? There's too many to put down, really. So far, the storyline is great...a bit scattered in the beginning, but that's the same with all video games, really.

Bad points? Here we go...[spoiler]I think that the color of the characters' skin was too overthought...a bit of a novice painter look. It adds to the overall look of the game, and is a small point, but I can't seem to not notice it. Also, the fact that it reminds me of FFIX a bit...the whole midieval time-setting is getting a bit old. They did spruce it up with some futuristic things.[/spoiler]

Other than that, it's a great game. I'm anxious to finish the game, but that means I'll have to wait (enter number here) (enter period of time here) for the next one...*sigh*

Well, off to play some more FFXII![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=tahoma]I'm about 31 hours into the game right now, and I can honestly say it hasn't been a spectacular out of the ordinary experience quite yet. Don't misunderstand, it has been a very interesting experience...i'm merely saying that it has yet to really "wow" me yet. The graphics continue to be awesome, another strong point that I see now since i've played more into it is the dialogue is incredible. This includes the voice acting as well as the script, it's one of the best in any FF game i've played.

In terms of design and variety in contrast to one another, the characters are great...but one complaint I have is [spoiler]The characters tend to lack individuality concerning how they can all be modeled in generally the same fashion thanks to the lisence board system. I have gone out of my way to make each one different in terms of what skills i've taught them and what armor they each wear...but it eventually comes down to filling up all the common spots anyway due to lack of spots to unlock.

This and the background info on most of the characters are quite weak. It just dosen't seem convincing that this group of people have a collective interest in something so large scale as reclaiming a kingdom from the midst of a dangerous political and physical war.[/spoiler]

There is still plenty of time for things to pan out i'm sure. The gameplay is excellent, the battle system has really grown on me. My only complaint is the aforementioned, but it remains an awesome experience thus far.[/font]

I'm really enjoying this game. It is keeping me from minor things like eating, sleeping and work. Nothing major. LOL

So far I've acquired all three Quickenings for all the party members and one Esper. Pretty much everyone is at a level 28 right now. I forgot about the Cluckatrice mark I took and at the point of the game I am at it is the rainy season in the Giza Plains so hopefully I'll be able to get back to it after a few more story line missions.

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit. It's got many of the elements in past FF games I have enjoyed and some new ones. At first I found the Quickenings difficult to use (when they only had one) but as you get more the chances of getting a long chain of attacks increases. I'm a happy camper with this game.

[QUOTE=Panda]I'm really enjoying this game. It is keeping me from minor things like eating, sleeping and work. Nothing major. LOL

So far I've acquired all three Quickenings for all the party members and one Esper. Pretty much everyone is at a level 28 right now. I forgot about the Cluckatrice mark I took and at the point of the game I am at it is the rainy season in the Giza Plains so hopefully I'll be able to get back to it after a few more story line missions.

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit. It's got many of the elements in past FF games I have enjoyed and some new ones. At first I found the Quickenings difficult to use (when they only had one) but as you get more the chances of getting a long chain of attacks increases. I'm a happy camper with this game.[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Glad to hear the chains get easier, i didn't get the third quickenings for anyone yet. Also the damn rewards for the hunts better start getting bigger soon...i make more money off of loot in the area that I need to find the target in then the bounty for the target itself.[/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=navy]...Great.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]*Draws imaginary lines on the ground with feet while looking down*[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=navy]I just got the game [about a couple of days ago] and everyone else is getting all the good stuff in the Final Fantasy world. I'd problably be catching up but i'm working 40hrs for the sake of my wife and kid.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=navy]...Oh well... At least I got the game [And strategy Guide]. That's more than most I assume. [b]=][/b][/color][/size][/font]

• 1 month later...
I need help

I'm on #14 hunt for the mine flayer and I can't find it anywhere. It's ment to be in phase 1 dig area of the Henne mines, where the mist is most dense and it is drawn to magical entities or somthing like that. I have gone through phase 1 dig over and over so many times. There's something i'm not doing

someone please tell me step by step what they did to get this stupied hunt!!!

I'm finding myself having the same problem I always have, being severely underleveled. Currently I'm at [spoiler]Mt. Buromisase. In the temple, after you open the door on the right[/spoiler]

One of the things that I really, really hate, is the fact that some of the chests have better things later in the game, and if you open them you can't get the item.
So that's exceedingly bothersome.

Another complaint: Character development is essentially nonexistant, and that's one of the major things that I love about Final Fantasy games, the characters.

Anyway, I've been thinking long and hard about this, and I've decided that FFX was the last true Final Fantasy.
FFXII just doesn't play like a Final Fantasy. It makes me sad.
*Doesn't like what the merger's done to squaresoft*

Oh and Rachael:
Did you try killing all the monsters then exiting and reentering?
And if that doesn't work, try not killing any of the monsters.

Guest Boost Elbow
FFXII is a good game imo. Especially the battle system, you don't have to deal with random encounters anymore, making grinding a lot easier and fun. But..

[QUOTE=NashvilleDream]I'm finding myself having the same problem I always have, being severely underleveled. Currently I'm at [spoiler]Mt. Buromisase. In the temple, after you open the door on the right[/spoiler]

One of the things that I really, really hate, is the fact that some of the chests have better things later in the game, and if you open them you can't get the item.
So that's exceedingly bothersome.

Another complaint: Character development is essentially nonexistant, and that's one of the major things that I love about Final Fantasy games, the characters.[/QUOTE]
..like NashvilleDream said, the nonexistance of the characters; that was one of flaws anyone would agree with. I wished there were more cutscenes, like it was in FFX. :(

And I missed the treasures too. But I don't care, since I don't like it anyway. Looks ugly on the characters. :D

[FONT=Tahoma]Well, it's good to see I'm not the only person that notices the lack of depth and background in the majority of characters. I mean it dosn't even seem to make sense for some of them to be on this "adventure" if you can even call it that.

I've decided that if this weren't a Square game I probably would have stopped playing it a while ago. Aside from the faulty aspects of the characters themselves the game also lacks in consistent and convincing story progression. It's extremely easy to lose yourself in what's been going on or what is supposed to be going on during the long hours you spend in the field spanning a few maps where it essentially becomes more about farming and EXPing then trying to get more involved in the story. It's no help that the story itself dosn't even seem to unfold in a satisfactory way when it does progress, and this is considering I'm 80 hours into the game.

The absolute best features of the game are it's incredible voice acting and script. It is some of the best I've ever heard for a game. Aside from that, of course the graphics. I also enjoy the initial seemingly simple battle system that later actually incorporates much complexity in mastering what to do in particular situations. This is something that turns a lot of people off to the game, but I can enjoy the added element of making some of the battles more exhilirating then a normal RPG battle would be. Mind you this does not mean I prefer this over traditional battle systems. I'm merely pointing out one of the changes that worked out well, unlike many others in the game.

There is just too many gaps in what should be a proper cohesion of Final Fantasy elements. Much seems to have been sacraficed for the evolution of other aspects, to me it came out overall not worth it. [/FONT]

Guest EvaUnit01
[QUOTE=Rachael]I need help

I'm on #14 hunt for the mine flayer and I can't find it anywhere. It's ment to be in phase 1 dig area of the Henne mines, where the mist is most dense and it is drawn to magical entities or somthing like that. I have gone through phase 1 dig over and over so many times. There's something i'm not doing

someone please tell me step by step what they did to get this stupied hunt!!![/QUOTE]
I had a bit of trouble with this myself. It's in the south-east corner, but you absolutely must have full MP when you enter the area. Hopefully you're in Phase 1 Dig Area and not Phase 1 Shaft, that may also cause some problems.