OtakuBoards

2004 Re-Elections [a.k.a. Is Bush a Good President?]

eleanor

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]Wow, it's certainly been a while since I've posted in one of these. In fact, if I remember correctly, I started one very similar.

At the moment, I really don't care about it though. I don't like Bush, at all, mainly because he stands for a lot of things I don't, and he doesn't stand for many things I find to be important, like abortion. But that's a whole new can of worms.

I've been to Egypt, I've been to Greece, and Italy, and seen the places which once were massively powerful empires, historical in measure of achievement and action.

Egypt is a third world country, Greece is far from civilised in the modern Western person's perspective, and Italy is hardly heard of these days. Not to mention Russia, China, India, Turkey, etc...

I don't know how long it's going to take, but pride comes before a fall. And I can't wait, to tell you the truth, for America's decent.

I know I'm infamous on here for hating America, and I don't think I could exactly explain why, but if I ever looked into it I'm sure that the reason would fall to people like Bush.

Bush not being voted in next term would be a start. As for the rest, I'm too uninformed to comment.

However, I do think Micheal Moore has a good point with Oprah as President... that is definately something I'd like to see.[/font][/color]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#707875]Ugh. What a waste of a thread.

You guys have the opportunity to discuss policy -- to discuss the actual issues and the sides that different candidates support. Instead, at least on these last few pages, the vast mojority of you only engage in name calling and "down with America" style posts.

It's a big shame, because this [i]could[/i] be an intelligent discussion over public policy and how that policy has/hasn't shaped America during the last few years. Instead, we get a lot of mindless junk.

I don't know why I even bother to post in these threads, when I am not going to get a reasonable, political discussion. It was okay at first...kinda...but now it's just getting silly. Thread closed.[/color]