OtakuBoards

!?nintendo Power!?

Guest Imsirion

I am still subscribed and i hate it...I wanted to end it but tehy wouldnt give a refund..When it runs out im subscribing to Electronic Gaming Monthly or Game Pro...Which is better?

I don't think it's that bad, I subscribed to it but I'm starting to get tired of it, espically since it's biased (sp?) I might not get it after my subscription (sp), but it's truthful enough, and it isn't like they say that all games are the best and stuff like that.

Nintendo Power is not that bad but its alright.Got some good stuff in it like the Code Cop thats pretty helpful sometime.
But its not my kind of magazine I prefer EGM(Electronic Gaming Monthly) the magazine i enjoy reading and looking at the most.:)

Guest Imsirion
im subcribed to EGM and Expert Gamer ( which is turning into Game Now) and there a lot better. Nintendo Power didn't even give full guides and didn't have much good codes.

Yea they need to start bringing the age of readers higher because they try to use the best words not to hurt of the reader fragile lil stupid minds.....If they upgraded the detail and the language and stuff it could just be as good as EGM

I really do not see how NP is biased in such a way. Yeah they are basically Nintendo, but they are still pretty fair in their reviews. I've seen them be hard on games that deserve it... even if Nintendo themselves made it. As for its other problems...it is aimed at kids afterall. I really don't see them giving games that suck good scores based simply on the company. They have no reason to suck up to other companies seeing as though they are at the top. There are plenty of other mags around... EGM and GameGO being the better ones in my opinion. NP just needs a less lame layout... its too CG and tacky. If they get GCN demo discs I'll subscribe again though :).

yeah, that's the only thing i don't like about NP. i really liked the coverage of Perfect Dark. they had so much info on that game! i think it took 3 issues to fit it all! not many games get 3 issues worth of space. i really hope they start covering "M" rated games again.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]what's wrong with Nintendo Power!?! i subscribe to it, and it's my favorite game magazine! i also just got a subscription to EGM, but i still like NP more. [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was about to say. I mean, I'm ten and age doesn't matter to me. As long as the game magazine gives you what a game magazine is, that's what matters. I also saw this poll where they asked if they should make a NP for people 17 and older anyway.

Though I'll resubscribe some other time.... sigh....

I enjoy NP immensly. I find it annoying that every other page in your other magazines are all ads, and that you practically have to scour to find the section you want. Even then, you find the one game you are really looking forward to has been cut down to a small paragraph because some 'highly anticipated' game is taking up 8 more pages then it really should be.

As for NP, it is all about Nintendo ^_^ the way it should be. I find most of their reviews pretty good, though all in all, who is to tell you what a good game is or isn't? I really don't pay too much attention to magazines at all, but I really like Nintendo, as they tend to get a bit more insider information then most other magazines.

Yeah, I think they do get more inside info. Also, being in the same building as NOA (Nintendo of America) has got to help.

I do get tired of all the ads in other mags too. EGM has the most ads I've ever seen in a game mag, but still, it's a good magazine. I really enjoyed the Xbox Vs. GameCube article in the latest issue of EGM. I wish NP had stuff like that.

I thought Nintendo Power was cool. My brother used to subscribe to it,he had for 2 years,then his subscription ran out,around May or June. I don't like most of those other gaming magizines that talk alot about Playstation/PSX2,I hate Psx,I don't want to read about it,same with X-Box. Nintendo & Sega are my favs,mainly Nintendo.

Guest Imsirion
i still think they suck cause time to time, i look at them in the library and say, "Boy, this sucks" cause well, i think they do. but thats my opinion so dont try to kill me or something.;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]i still think they suck cause time to time, i look at them in the library and say, "Boy, this sucks" cause well, i think they do. but thats my opinion so dont try to kill me or something.;) [/B][/QUOTE]

It's okay if you think it sucks. I don't dislike you just because you don't like the same mag as me. You're entitled to an opinion, and you gave yours, and I gave mine.

Upgrade the language,whats that have to do with anything...? So the should add "f*ck,or d*mn in every artical,to make it sound... "Cool"!!!!? Tsk,tsk...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]Yea they need to start bringing the age of readers higher because they try to use the best words not to hurt of the reader fragile lil stupid minds.....If they upgraded the detail and the language and stuff it could just be as good as EGM [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SaiyanPrincessX [/i]
[B]Upgrade the language,whats that have to do with anything...? So the should add "f*ck,or d*mn in every artical,to make it sound... "Cool"!!!!? Tsk,tsk...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly. Curses and such don't make you sound cool and older.