1. 1. Favorite Evangelion Couple?

• Ikari Shinji/Soryu Asuka Langley
    • Ikari Shinji/Ayanami Rei
    • Ikari Yui/Ikari Gendo
    • Suzuhara Touji/Horaki Hikari
    • Katsuragi Misato/Kaji Ryoji
    • Ikari Gendo/Ritsuko Akagi
    • Ikari Shinji/Nagisa Kaworu

shinji! thats the name. i cant believe i coodnt remember it. pen pen.....thats officially what im going to name my pet penguin when i get one. plus there was an episode where sum1 was lying in bed and the tv was on in the other room or sumthing. the subtitles of what was going on was halarious, it was like a dog that cood add by barking.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the penguin you speak of is pen pen, and I liked that episode where shinji and asuka kiss too, damn funny I tell ya.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I honestly felt sorry for shinji...but I was laughing. lol

BUt I have to admit..Asuka was a bit aggressive. lol

LMAO:laugh: Asuka:*while brushing her teeth* I'm NEVER gonna kiss to kill time EVER again!!!
the part that made me laugh the most when Shinji was first 'introduced' to Pen-Pen. :blush::laugh:
one of my older sister's friends has all of the subbed Evangelion episodes taped in 2 videos with 8 hours on each one, so we just borrow them from him every so often. the one we've got now has the last part of the series on it along with the Death and Rebirth stuff. I can't wait to watch it:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B]
the part that made me laugh the most when Shinji was first 'introduced' to Pen-Pen. :blush::laugh:
[/B][/QUOTE]

heh, yeah, that was funny too, my favourite 2 parts are when toji first meets asuka, and of course, kaji and his "melons", lol....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kool_aid13 [/i]
[B]Today, I FINALLY saw some epps of it. My sisters were watching it and I decided to watch it. Only one problem. The episode I saw started on #18. I had no clue what was going on. I'm starting to catch on, but I still have a few questions. :p [/B][/QUOTE]

er..actualky that's not good. You should watch it from the begining..trust me..you'll be able to apreciate the show better..you know how it develops..and I bet most of your questions will be answered if you watch it from the first eps. :D

Ah, yes, EVA is soooooooooooo friggin awesome!! Subtitled rules! heheh. Okay, I am the one who borrowed the two 8 hour long tapes from a friend. Now, I was only able to watch everything all the way through just once, 'cause like, I can't just sit down and watch TV for 8 hours straight- I kept each video for about a week. I didn't want to wear out the favor so to speak. ANYwho, after Shinji killed Kaoru, I got.... a little lost.... I mean, it's like the plot was abandoned and it turned into 'Let's Anaylze Our Minds' show. I mean, it ends with everyone applauding Shinji and telling him 'congradulations'. WTF?! I mean, I musta probably missed a line or two somewhere in the series 'cause a lot of it confrused me. And the movie- okay, I would have liked it more if I knew what in the heck was going on. Perhaps things will make sense if I watch it over again. :( And all last week I had exams, so maybe I didn't absorb everything that happened. Anyway, could someone please explain the ending and the movie to me....... erm, as in like, what is going on exactly? I'd appreciate it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]Ah, yes, EVA is soooooooooooo friggin awesome!! Subtitled rules! heheh. Okay, I am the one who borrowed the two 8 hour long tapes from a friend. Now, I was only able to watch everything all the way through just once, 'cause like, I can't just sit down and watch TV for 8 hours straight- I kept each video for about a week. I didn't want to wear out the favor so to speak. ANYwho, after Shinji killed Kaoru, I got.... a little lost.... I mean, it's like the plot was abandoned and it turned into 'Let's Anaylze Our Minds' show. I mean, it ends with everyone applauding Shinji and telling him 'congradulations'. WTF?! I mean, I musta probably missed a line or two somewhere in the series 'cause a lot of it confrused me. And the movie- okay, I would have liked it more if I knew what in the heck was going on. Perhaps things will make sense if I watch it over again. :( And all last week I had exams, so maybe I didn't absorb everything that happened. Anyway, could someone please explain the ending and the movie to me....... erm, as in like, what is going on exactly? I'd appreciate it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I say...watch it again..you can't truly grasp it unless you watch it over again..I didn't. lol Well some people get things faster than others...just out of curiosity..what parts did you get confused about?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i]
[B]

I say...watch it again..you can't truly grasp it unless you watch it over again..I didn't. lol Well some people get things faster than others...just out of curiosity..what parts did you get confused about? [/B][/QUOTE]

I only started getting confused when the whole "instrumentality" thing (I guess that's what all that stuff was about..:confused: ) came in after Shinji had killed Kaoru and he was all depressed about it. Like, Shinji would be in a chair- it's dark- and then people come in a and out and he faces all these personal questions and he's freaking out, and the same is done with Rei, Asuka, and Misato. Questions like, 'why am I here', etc., that whole thing; I know you know what I'm talking about. And the movie went over my head because I didn't get the last part of the series.

• 5 months later...
Neon Genesis Evangelion is about Angels coming to earth, wanting to end the human species... however the human has a secret weapon called The Evangelion with wich tryies to stop the angel´s attacks that´s the main plot, but more importantly is the relationship between the characters, the importance of Shinji, the main character, as part of the human race and some more good stuf.
This series is prety deep and one of the best storys out there so you are in for some thinking. After you see it all, it´s very likely that you don´t understand the end untill you see it two times or more, i really recomend you to get this series, is one of my favorites:box:

Guest Rogue Shadows
-POSTED BY AIRES:
Neon Genesis Evangelion is about Angels coming to earth, wanting to end the human species... however the human has a secret weapon called The Evangelion with wich tryies to stop the angel´s attacks that´s the main plot, but more importantly is the relationship between the characters, the importance of Shinji, the main character, as part of the human race and some more good stuf.
This series is prety deep and one of the best storys out there so you are in for some thinking. After you see it all, it´s very likely that you don´t understand the end untill you see it two times or more, i really recomend you to get this series, is one of my favorites

A crude, but more or less acurate description of Evangelion.

'Angels' is just what the 18 Angels are called. Don't start thinking flowing white robes and dovelike wings: One Angel was a living bomb, one was less then three nanometers thick and it's shadow was a orb projected above it, and the last, Final ANgel was, in fact, Humanity.

The Evangelions, or Evas, are all things based off of the FIrst Angel, Adam. Except the Second Eva (the nickname), Unit 01, is based off of the Second Angel, Lilith. Evas come in three types:

FIRST GENERATION: Evas that are, in fact, powerful being traped inside of armor and with souls. These Evas are wild, hard to synchronize with, and have to be piloted. Unit 00 (piloted by Ayanami Rei) and Unit 01 (Piloted by Ikari Shinji) are the First-Generation Evas.

SECOND GENERATION: These things are real robots. There are only a few of these. Unit 02 (Piloted by Soryu Langely Askua (SP?)) Unit 03 (forget name) and Unit 04 (forget name). These Evas are easer to control. The Seventeenth Angel (and the one thought to be the last), Tabris, was able to easaly synchonize with and pilot Eva unit 02.

THIRD GENERATION: Eva Units 05 through 13 are These guys. They look AWFUL, they require no pilots, each was built in a seperate location, and they can fly. But next to First-and-Second Generation Evas, they SUCK.

Everything about Evangelion defies Christiantiy. Humanity is a dead-end evolution, the Dead Sea, the REAL Dead Sea, is in Antartica, and Evolution is real. I want to get all the DVDs, unfortunately, I don't have a DVD player.

One final thing:

Before watching the last few episodes, WATCH THE MOVIE! It won't make any sense otherwise.

Guest Rogue Shadows
Are you JOKING?! So much goes on in that that I've revealed almost NOTHING! I also stratigicly said that Humanity is the last Angel. But why? Does HE know what happened? No. And what about the Impacts? I still have no clue what that's about, I just know the little rhyme thingy:

The First Impact was Genesis
life came with thought

The Second Impact was Armeggedon
life raised a question

The Third Impact was a Revelation...

I've also never seen it. but that's okay. I used to have this site bookmarked on it, but then I deleted the link. stupid ME

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I won't go into detail since someone gave a pretty good description, however I will also recommend that if you have yet to seen Neon Genesis Evangelion that you do so. It is a very good anime that raises some great questions about life and philosophy!:)

I've been watching the series lately also, and I like it alot. I'm on episode 21 and this is definitely an anime worth seeing. There are alot of implications within the series and that's what makes it so good. But, I think you should try to analyze after you watch it. Not during. Enjoy!!!!

[color=indigo][size=1]Hmm, I highly recommend the series. I saw the whole thing subtitled and I loved it. I bought it on DVD. That way you can have it in both languages and watch it either way. Rei is the best character, though..[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B] It is a very good anime that raises some great questions about life and philosophy!:) [/B][/QUOTE]

yup, the amount of times I have had these types of discussions in other message boards is amazing, lol....

awesome series, definately worth watching....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B]I agree with everyone. I just saw the first 3 and it's cool. I think I am gonna get all the episodes like I did trigun. I just need a job now! haha [/B][/QUOTE]

no doubt. Our anime addictions can be expensive.