• Ikari Shinji/Soryu Asuka Langley
    • Ikari Shinji/Ayanami Rei
    • Ikari Yui/Ikari Gendo
    • Suzuhara Touji/Horaki Hikari
    • Katsuragi Misato/Kaji Ryoji
    • Ikari Gendo/Ritsuko Akagi
    • Ikari Shinji/Nagisa Kaworu

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Cough....Don't talk to me about anime addictions being expensive just take a look at my sig!:p

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Shadows [/i]
[B]-POSTED BY AIRES:
Before watching the last few episodes, WATCH THE MOVIE! It won't make any sense otherwise. [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=comic sans ms]Not really necessary, as I've seen [i]Evangelion[/i] and made so much sense of it without seeing the movie. Understanding the series, one should bear in mind that it is an allegory, and most of what is happening there symbolic. The last two episodes actually explain the whole series, so it is best to listen to what the characters are saying. It also should be good to watch the last two over and over, in order to fully understand the series.[/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B]

[font=comic sans ms]Not really necessary, as I've seen [i]Evangelion[/i] and made so much sense of it without seeing the movie. Understanding the series, one should bear in mind that it is an allegory, and most of what is happening there symbolic. The last two episodes actually explain the whole series, so it is best to listen to what the characters are saying. It also should be good to watch the last two over and over, in order to fully understand the series.[/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice :) I'll probably end up watching it tons of times, but I catch on quickly (especially with all the hints in this topic :laugh: )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B]

[font=comic sans ms]Not really necessary, as I've seen [i]Evangelion[/i] and made so much sense of it without seeing the movie. Understanding the series, one should bear in mind that it is an allegory, and most of what is happening there symbolic. The last two episodes actually explain the whole series, so it is best to listen to what the characters are saying. It also should be good to watch the last two over and over, in order to fully understand the series.[/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

the last episode is pretty confusing as it goes into the mind's of each of the eva pilots basically, I found that End of Evangelion made a lot more sense....

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B]Rick Hunter, where do you work to pay for all those animes? [/B][/QUOTE]

:D Work? Who said anything about me working to pay for those animes, most of them I get for free, or at discounted prices! Anyway I work doing 2 things in life!

1.)Web Page designer
2.)Editor/Supervisor/Camera guy for the Rabbit T. Rabbit show!

For those who do not live in NY, the Rabbit T. Rabbit show is a public access kids show, using puppets and other cheap props! I Mainly do editing and also live broadcast operations for the show every other Monday! I get very little money from this, but that is how I pay for my non discounted anime!;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]

:D Work? Who said anything about me working to pay for those animes, most of them I get for free, or at discounted prices! Anyway I work doing 2 things in life!

1.)Web Page designer
2.)Editor/Supervisor/Camera guy for the Rabbit T. Rabbit show!

For those who do not live in NY, the Rabbit T. Rabbit show is a public access kids show, using puppets and other cheap props! I Mainly do editing and also live broadcast operations for the show every other Monday! I get very little money from this, but that is how I pay for my non discounted anime!;) [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, that's cool. I'll have to look into this free anime thing... :laugh:

Anyway, I'm about to get episode 9 and it's awesome so far, "Asuka Strikes" was hillarious, anyway, is the movie as good as the series?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the last episode is pretty confusing as it goes into the mind's of each of the eva pilots basically, I found that End of Evangelion made a lot more sense.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I think the end of evangelion was a more understandeble version of the final episode, i say that becouse what i understood from the final ep was confirmed when i saw the end of evangelion.
I liked the final episode more than the movie, becouse it said the same epilogue in a more artistic and cultural way. At least this is what i got.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Merchant [/i]
[B]

I liked the final episode more than the movie, becouse it said the same epilogue in a more artistic and cultural way. At least this is what i got. [/B][/QUOTE]

your the first person I've heard who liked the final episodes, eps 25 and 26, more than the movie, a lot of people don't like the last episodes at all, not only because of its confusion, but because the animation is not as well polished as the other episodes, this was because of budget problems within the company, which forced them to use still cells....

• 1 month later...
[color=crimson][size=1]I used to want how to learn Japanese, and I still do sort of, but I don't know if I should put that much time and effort into it if it's never going to do me any good in my career. I'm sure I can find the Parasyte manga somewhere...because the sell it...I just can't really AFFORD it, that's my problem. Almost all of my manga fix, I borrow from other people. I do have my own copy of Volume 4 of Evangelion when Lovely Lady Asuka arrives... ;)[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Wonder if that anime company owes me royalities for unlawfully writting my life story in an anime!-_- ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]*hits Rick on the head with his umbrella*

You need to cheer up ol' sport. I am sure it isn't based off of [i]your[/i] love life, some people think the whole world revolves around them. :p

I love the Tokyo Pop stuff, and I would read SMILE more if it were not for the strange looks I get when I buy it. The people at Suncoast Video are extremely rude. I wouldn't shop there if it weren't for the fact that they have a good selection of titles.[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) Yes the Evangelion Manga's were great, nice way to alter the story, and we get so much more background on Asuka, with that whole test tube baby thing!:D Also the scene where they are training for the syncronized battle was much funnier this time around!

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, if you have a problem buying Smile because of the looks you get, then just get a subscription. It's about the same price as if you bought it every month and it gets delivered to your door without anyone (except that mailman) ever knowing. :)

And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the manga, well at least my volume 4. Asuka is so much more cuter, and she looks prettier, and all the pictures are so lovely. And yes, the dancing is even cooler, except on the anime you get to hear the music and so forth. I am such a big Asuka fan. And by the way, that is my favorite episode of the entire series, that dance episode. That's one reason why I was so thrilled to get that volume of the manga. It's the only one I bought, because I had already seen the whole series. I know I'm gyping myself by not getting it, but oh well.[/color][/size]

[color=green]I have the first three volumes of the Evangelion manga, and oddly enough I bought them before I had ever seen the series. (I got to watch the series for the first time this weekend... wow.) Asuka is a great character, but not enough detail goes into exploring her past in the series. That is the problem with such short anime series, you always end up wanting more.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]It's just like books vs movies. The books are ALWAYS more detailed than the movie could ever DREAM to be. And that's the same way it is with anime and manga. But what the book can't CONVEY in words, the anime can show you, up to speed, in color, and in style. So both ways are good...[/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]
[color=green]*hits Rick on the head with his umbrella*

You need to cheer up ol' sport. I am sure it isn't based off of [i]your[/i] love life, some people think the whole world revolves around them. :p
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

:shifty:I have a love life?:shifty:

My fav, episode of Evangelion would have to be episode 24, was rather dramatic, and in a way weird to have Shinji say he killed the only one he has every love he just happened to be a guy! -_-

Also luckily I have the S2 works soundtrack so I have the music to your fav. episode Asuka, Yikes getting off my own topic here, maybe I should continue this discussion of Evangelion/Manga's in another topic v_v! Been awhile since I've actually had a decent conversation about anime!

[color=crimson][size=1]Ah yes, it's always so much fun to have an anime discussion, especially with people who know exactly what you're talking about.

I loved Kaworu. When Shinji [spoiler]killed him, I actually got emotional. He was such a beautiful character, even though he wasn't real.[/spoiler] That was another part of the series I really enjoyed. I've only seen the last few episodes of the series once, but 1-16 I've seen a couple of times. I'm just waiting to buy it all on DVD when I get a DVD player. And I also wont have to buy it in any particular order because I'll already have seen the whole series! :excited: But yeah![/color][/size]

[color=green]I bought the entire series in the NGE Perfect collection, it has to be one of the few large purchases I do not regret. Everything about the show is just amazing, except for the english dub. Sometimes I wonder if they pick bad voice actors on purpose.[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
There thats much better, I have the whole series of Eva on dvd, including the movies which have not been commerically launched here! Another personal favorite of Evangelion would have to be the Instrumentality of Men aka episode 25 and 26 they just really make you think!:confused:

[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah, the Instrumentality Project was sort of confusing, you just have to pay attention and seriously use your brain or else you're done for. I've only seen the movies Death and Rebirth and I didn't particularly like the ending where [spoiler]Shinji's sitting over Asuka and he's all choking her and stuff[/spoiler]...I mean, what in the crap is up with that??? I always secretly wanted Asuka and Shinji to get together....I'm such a sucker for romance and that series had it's share of love triangles, but it was never one with Asuka and Shinji. Of course, Asuka was very jealous of Rei...but I think that was just because of her superiority complex. I myself think I have one of those...[/color][/size]

[color=green]Shinki and Auka... a couple?!

I don't think they would make a very happy couple. She is too brash, Shinji would probably go nuts with her as a girlfriend. Asuka would get along much better with someone who could defend themselves to her criticism, like Toji. I am probably the only person on Earth who thinks they would be a good couple.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]Toji and Asuka...hmm...he's not good enough for her, in my opinion. And that reminds me...the episode where he [spoiler]pilots the Eva and everyone thought he was dead, I CRIED!!!!! I was so sad when I saw all of that happen to him...he was such an awesome character...I was so glad that he lived.[/spoiler] That is one of the most sad parts of the whole show. And Shinji gets all emotional and ah man....I couldn't get over it...When I watch that show I get this little knot of tension in my gut...it's so GOOD!!!!!! Okay, I'm freaking out...

Shinji's not outgoing enough, and Asuka is very outgoing, so they balance one another. He needs her, I think. She could bring him up, make him feel good about himself...(if she wasn't so busy criticizing him, but you never know...) ;)[/color][/size]

[color=green]Shinji reminds me of myself (except I'm much better looking ;)) and I can't stand being around people who are extremely loud and outgoing. That is the one reason I could see Asuka and Shinji becoming a couple. One of the funniest moments on the show is when [spoiler]Asuka kisses Shinji for no other reason than she is bored. I was laughing so hard when Shinji was suffocating.

When Shinji had to destroy Toji's EVA I was so sad. I knew that Toji was the pilot, but until the last possible moment I was crossing my fingers and hoping that it was someone else. I completely understand why Shinji went nuts after finding out who the pilot was,[/spoiler] that has to be one of the saddest moments in the show.[/color]