1. 1. Favorite Evangelion Couple?

• Ikari Shinji/Soryu Asuka Langley
    • Ikari Shinji/Ayanami Rei
    • Ikari Yui/Ikari Gendo
    • Suzuhara Touji/Horaki Hikari
    • Katsuragi Misato/Kaji Ryoji
    • Ikari Gendo/Ritsuko Akagi
    • Ikari Shinji/Nagisa Kaworu

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, I don't know if you would like me very much, because I'm pretty much VERY outgoing, and I can get very loud. I like being around people and being the center of attention, and like Asuka, I have a huge superiority complex...I always have this problem with wanting to be better than everyone else...I have no clue why, and I don't know what my problem is...

I think Shinji totally blew it [spoiler]with Asuka when he didn't kiss her back and just let him suffocate, that could have turned into a real romantic moment,[/spoiler] althoughI think that is just my brain trying to make it into something that it wasn't....but I thought it was pretty GROSS when [spoiler]Misato kissed Shinji...she's way too old for him, and that's disgusting...cradle robber...[/spoiler][/color][/size]

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=green]Misato and Shinji. what a terrible couple. Misato is like a sister to Shinji, and having her try to be anymore than that is just wrong. I didn't think that Kaji and Misato made a very good couple either, she was too good for him.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]The thing about Misato and Kaji's relationship was that it was all passion...totally for the sex...like in Death and Rebirth, they actually show a sex scene...of course, you don't see anything, but it's VERY implied...along with the "sound effects" and everything. She was WAY too good for him, but he was there to comfort her when she needed it. I'm telling you, that's the secret to winning a girl. They need emotional support.

I thought it was so sad how the Class Representative (Hikaru?) had always tried to tell Touji how she felt about him, and then the episode where he [spoiler]almost died in the Eva,[/spoiler] she was sitting there, cooking for him, planning to tell him. That's one of the other reasons it was so tragic, because there she was, so oblivious, only thinking of him, and for all we knew, [spoiler]he was dead[/spoiler]...just imagine how that made her feel....[/color][/size]

[color=green]*secretly taking notes* So [i]that's[/i] how to win a girl, got it.

And how is Toji's name spelled? In the manga it is "Toji" but online many people say it is "Touji." Spelling will always be one of my pet peeves, I hate poor spelling but I am such a lousy typist that I end up making a lot of mistakes.

The class rep (don't know her name either) and Toji relationship is an interesting. I am so suprised that he wasn't able to figure out how much she cared for him, but at the same time I think he had feelings for her as well. Misato deserves someone a million times better than Kaji, but the show doesn't give any other possible men for Misato to date (unless she wants to go out with Commander Ikari or something, I shudder at the thought.)

Since we seem to talk about unhappy relationships, let's change things a bit and talk about some happy ones. Who is your favorite couple on the show?[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:rolleyes: Yes the [spoiler]Misato/Shinji kiss was rather disgusting in a way she is at least half his age, and acted sort of like his mother or as shyguy put it sister figure.[/spoiler] Personally I think that the best couple would have been Shinji and Asuka for the fact they just argued with each other like a married couple, and well deep down you could tell they did care for each other! Now for the best couple I really don't see anyone getting that nomination everyone on the show was romantically damaged.

As for the spelling i believe it is Toji according to the subtitle version I have! :devil: ;)

[color=crimson][size=1]Okay, about the spelling of Toji or Touji's name, it can go either way. In Japan I believe it would be spelled Touji. It's like Ryoga from Ranma 1/2, or even Ukyo for that matter. In Japan their names are spelled Ryouga and Ukyou. Don't ask me why...it just is...so I usually vary my spelling from time to time....

My favorite couple would have to be the nonexistant couple of Asuka and Shinji, but only because I favor Asuka probably. In the manga the chance of them having a relationship seems greatly increased because there's a lot more moments than there was in the anime. But realistically, I would also have to say the other non existant couple, Hikaru and Touji. They would have been so very cute with one another. And didn't they even grow up together?

OH! Now I remember my favorite couple! [spoiler]It was Kaworu and Shinji! They were so beautiful together, and it made me cry when Shinji killed him because he loved him[/spoiler]...*sniffles*...

Now, I did not like Rei...and I think that Shinji had a thing for her....YUCK....[/color][/size]

[color=green][spoiler]Kaworu and Shinji? I did not enjoy the Kaworu character at all, I thought that entire episode was weird. I don't really think that Shinji loved Kaworu (if that was what you were trying to say, I'm not sure) but I do think that he was the first person in Shinji's life that he could connect to on a deeper emotional level.[/spoiler]

Rei was such a sad character, and I still have so many questions about her. Rei had a crush on Shinji, that is for certain.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1][spoiler]Of course Kaworu and Shinji's relationship was very strange, but it was awesome.[/spoiler] I think that Shinji did love him and he even said so, I believe. That was one of my favorite episodes. [spoiler]Kaworu was like the guy version of Rei I think. Rei wasn't a real person and she could be reborn anytime she died. It was really sad. And I think she was based on Shinji's mother, and that's why Gendo liked her so much. I think she had a crush on him too, but only because he actually seemed like he cared for her, and not for what she was capable of.[/spoiler][/color][/size]

[color=green][spoiler]Kaworu is [b]not[/b] the male version of Rei. In the brief episode he was on the show he put out infinitely more emotion than Rei ever did. Because of the fact that Rei doesn't have a soul (or at least that is what I picked up from the show) she isn't capable of having any true emotions, she can only feel the natural reactions her body has, making her almost like an animal. Kaworu could laugh, and smile, and love, which makes him much more real and substantial than Rei.[/spoiler][/color]

[color=crimson][size=1][spoiler]But he doesn't have a soul, either. He was created just the same way Rei was. He was just CREATED, just to be used for something greater than humans are capable of. That's what I meant by that. I'm not sure why he was such an emotional person, but he definately wasn't human. Maybe he could do it because he was more advanced than Rei was. There was something special about him.[/spoiler] I think Rei [i]could[/i] have been capable of emotion, she just never really tried to be. She was pretty much an evil...okay I'm not even going to go there... I think I'm just biased against her because I like Asuka so much...

Of course, I think it so awesome that Rei means Ghost and it also means Zero. It has such a deep significant meaning. I forget what Asuka means, but I think it had a deeper meaning, too.[/color][/size]

[color=green]I don't think Rei could have been capable of emotions. It is hard to explain, but I never "felt" like she was ever hiding feelings from anyone. Rei was completely honest to herself, she was showing as much emotion as she possibly could. I have a few theories about Kaworu, but they are all too weird, and I don't want to spend all day explaining them to you.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah, but I want to hear your theories on Kaworu, but I don't want you to spend all day explaining it. I just don't like Rei, but I guess I do feel sorry for her. And I agree with what you say about her I think....She wasn't really ever exposed enough to emotions to actually have emotions, I don't think. Do you remember that episode where that woman, [spoiler]the one that was Ritsuko's mother, killed one of the versions of Rei because she was jealous of her?[/spoiler] That was pretty freaky...[/color][/size]

[color=green]You have to feel sorry for Rei, if she has any emotions at all (which I still think she doesn't) she must feel completely meaningless. If she dies, there would just be another one to replace her, and nobody would ever notice she was gone. Stuff like that just makes me sad, I get too involved with my anime sometimes, especially with something as deep as EVA.

Yeah I saw that episode, that was so freaky. But I have a question, who [spoiler]killed Ritsuko's mother? Was it Commander Ikari, or did she kill herself... or what? In any case I remember the sound of a gun being fired.[/spoiler]

I will write my theories later on tonight, I have too much work to do right now. School is almost out, finals and stuff.... ugh.[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[spoiler]Well first off its true Kaworu was indeed made in the same process of Rei but the two are not the same! They even go as far in the End of Evangelion movie refer to him as Adam and Rei as Eve! (No relation to Adam of O3 of course)

Now Rei was capable of emotions however her emotions really were directed only towards Ikari! Mainly for the fact that Rei is sort of a clone of Shinji's mother, so the emotions for Ikari lay dorment in her!

As for what you said Shyguy I believe Ikari was responsible for Ritsuko's mothers death, though its been a good 3 years since I've actually popped in my Eva tapes!

Ironically Shinji did infact love Kaworu he even went, to the length of saying, "I killed the only person I've ever love!"[/spoiler]

Now for those of you who in fact have seen The End of Evangelion movie, which do you perfer the movie ending, or the original series ending of Eva!:)

[color=green]Thanks for clearing that up a bit Rick. I have not seen the End of Evangelion movie, but it was just announced to come out in the US this July I believe. I loved the original ending, I thought it was amazing. It was so deep and thought provoking, much more than anything I am forced to read in English at least.

So Rei can have emotions, but only [spoiler]for Ikari?[/spoiler]

And Kaworu can have emotions for whoever he wants?

I need to watch the series over again, I have so many questions... that is what makes it great.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][color=green]Thanks for clearing that up a bit Rick. I have not seen the End of Evangelion movie, but it was just announced to come out in the US this July I believe. I loved the original ending, I thought it was amazing. It was so deep and thought provoking, much more than anything I am forced to read in English at least.

So Rei can have emotions, but only [spoiler]for Ikari?[/spoiler]

And Kaworu can have emotions for whoever he wants?

I need to watch the series over again, I have so many questions... that is what makes it great.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

rei ayanami can have emotions, she not only has emotions for gendou, but as you see later on in the series, she begins to develop emotions for shinji....

yeah, kaworu can have emotions too, which he has for [spoiler]shinji....[/spoiler]

anything else that needs clearing up? :)

[color=crimson][size=1]Big man Sephiroth steps in.. :D He's so cool...Anywho...

I liked the end to the series better than the end of the movie...if I recall correctly, at the end of the movie, Shinji was trying to kill Asuka for some reason...Because she wasn't there for him or something, geez my mind is really drawing a blank this morning...so yeah, I like the series ending....[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Seph, I haven't seen you in a while. I figured that you were busy with your new child, when do you expect it / when was it born?

Anyway, I was trying to explain my theory that the only emotions that Rei can feel are primal and extreme, such as fear and lust. I also do not think that Rei ever had a romantic interest in Shinji, he treated her better than anyone else so I could see how she would be fond of him, but her "heart" belongs to Commander Ikari.[/color][/size]

[color=crimson][size=1]I figured she probably had romantic feelings for him BECAUSE she didn't feel them for anyone else. And true, she is supposed to have feelings for Ikari because she is supposed to be like his wife, so then she would also have feelings for Shinji because that would be like her son. Am I making any sense here? I'm having a hard time collecting my thoughts today...I really do NOT like Wednesdays...[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue]I see what you're saying, and you make a good point (I love this topic, so many intelligent posts!) But it doesn't make any sense to me that the feelings of Shinji's mother would be transferred over to Rei, regardless of the fact that she is practically a clone. This brings up a lot important questions about what the defenition of a soul is, this show can be so complicated.[/color][/size]

[color=crimson][size=1]That's one of the things that makes the show so good is because it's so complicated and deep, and you really have to use your brain to comprehend what's going on and so forth. But I really do that think that there really had to be some emotional left overs of Shinji's mother in Rei. Her names does mean Ghost after all. Of course, I can't even remember what HAPPENED to Shinji's mother right this second...forgive me, it's Wednesday, the evillest day of the WEEK...grrrr....

ALSO, in the manga it is stated that Asuka is created from an elite egg and sperm, both from a genius man and woman. Does it really say all that in the show? I can't remember...[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue]I don't remember them saying anything about Asuka being made from elite sperm in the show. I could check if you want, but that is the first I have ever heard about it.

I think that Rei is so fond of the Commander because he was the one to create her, and she might not even like her at all if you think about it. Rei could just extremely loyal to her creator, and she feels betrayed when the trust between them is broken. There is that word again "feel," I need to organize my thoughts about Rei, that way I don't end up confusing everyone with them.[/color][/size]

[color=crimson][size=1]The manga goes so much more into detail. Like, there is a whole scene where Asuka and Shinji sit down and she tells him about where she came from. Of course, she doesn't tell him that her mother hangs herself, which I think is really sad, but he figures out that she died from hearing her talk in her sleep. And there is another part that's really funny where she comes out of the shower when they are staying together to practice dancing and she acts like she doesn't have any clothes on under the towel and he starts freaking out and then she rips the towel off and SURPRISE! She has on clothes. Oh man, that was so funny to me....

Maybe she does just feel loyal to her creator, but I think she has more feelings for him than that, seriously...[/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) Yes your correct in the manga it is said Asuka was in fact made from an "elite" male sperm. Now what really erks me about the Rei clone situation is that in real life they say even if you were to clone a person they would not have any memories or any previous emotions! But apparently Rei has past memories and emotions, I guess the fact rei means Ghost is rather fitting! I really perfer the End of Evangelion movie for some reason it just has so many more metaphors and other philosophical references!;)