OtakuBoards

Most Frustrating Gaming Moments...

Erika

Guest Kingkashu
FFVIII... That stupid mini-game where you have to beat up a guy whil eyou are both hanging at the end of a rope... You have to beat that mini-game to move on in the plot.
I starting screaming at the TV.. :flaming: I was never able to beat it. I tried for HOURS. I finally found out that my friends little brother had been able to beat it. I had him do it for me, and continued on in the game.
I still get mad thinking about that stupid game. To this day, I think one reason i despise FFVIII is because of that stupid mini-game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Dead Revolver - Trying to take out the cannons as Diego on hard mode, or any of the bounty hunter missions, painfully difficult =)

Toonstruck - Not knowing what the strange clown door thing was for, I had no idea how to open it and im not a fan of walkthroughs

Sonic 3 - The game itself is very easy but I mention this because beating my x-gf on it is not possible, she has all the bonus levels perfected and all the crystals by the second stage on 1 player mode...

FF8 - Sluggish traveling pace in this game means that when youve inadvertedly travelled off on disc 3 getting back to where you need to be took so long I just thought 'stuff it!'

[SIZE=1]Most frustrating gaming moments eh, I?ve had quite a few of them.

[b]Prince of Persian: Sand of Time -[/b] I bought this game about a week ago and completed it within 3 or 4 days, I love this game even if the combat was daunting as hell but the most frustrating moment comes right near the end. [spoiler]After the Prince hesitates to put the Dagger back into the Hourglass and the Vizier uses his powers to sent you flying out of the Tower of Dawn.[/spoiler] You end up in the crypt and then make your way down into the fountain-room with all the doorways that you have to go through in a certain order to get onto the next level (at which time you repeat the same process). I remember screaming in frustration at my Gamecube trying to figure out the pattern behind the puzzle, eventually I got through by sheer process of elimination and finished the level, but it was definitely one of the most frustrating gaming moments I?ve had.

[b]Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast ?[/b] The final battle against Desann, by far one of the best Star Wars games I?ve played but this game?s final boss fight was nothing sure of impossible the first time around. I remember getting to the end of the level and seeing the cutscene and thinking ?Yeah last time we fought I had no lightsaber and no Force-powers, now I?m going to kick your ***?, instead he cut me to shreds and left me pulling at my hair in annoyance. Eventually I beat him and now I can even beat him on Jedi Master setting though the most fun way to kill him by far [spoiler]is to cut down one of the corner pillars[/spoiler] and make him one with the Force.

[b]Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ?[/b] Two words, Water Temple, this was just so annoyingly obtuse the first time around I gave up on the same completely, it still ranks high as one of my worst gaming moments but this was just so stupidly obscure in parts. In most Legend of Zelda games you complete a difficult puzzle and think ?Yeah who?s the man?, in the Water Temple you complete a puzzle and thought ?Oh Jesus what?s coming next? or at least I did.

[b]Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories ?[/b] This game should be just forbidden outright it?s so badly made, the learning curve is huge and you start out with simply terrible cards. I nearly wanted to use the game as a Frisbee when I couldn?t take anymore of it?s awful difficulty level and learning curve, take your early battles for an example, you beat Egyptian Joey and get 1 piddley little star-chip. Now if I were to try and get a good card such as BEWD I?d need a few thousand of said piddley star-chips and even then I?d get mutilated by my enemies unbelievable luck and skills. [/SIZE]

Some parts from [I]Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban[/I] on the PS2 can be pretty tough. I know HP sounds really soft and stuff like that, but it's harder than it seems to be. My most frustrating moment so far with this game is when you're in the [B]Carpe Retractum[/B] level and you can only play with Hermione to freeze some sort of a lake. [COLOR=White]Then you enter a very small room with two goblins (or something like that) and two pixies and just when you've vanquished the 'goblins' one of the pixies bites you. You've only got two bottles of Healing Potion and they bite you almost constantely.[/COLOR] That's very annoying.

Another frustating moment was with [I]Enter the Matrix[/I]. At some point you've got to drive a car with Ghost because [COLOR=White]Niobe is up in that airplane with an agent[/COLOR]. And when you crash into one of those pillars on the road you're too far away from the [COLOR=White]airplane[/COLOR]. I just couldn't get through that level, so after what felt like a couple of hundred times I had been trying I had a friend playing that level for me :p.

(Quick question: how do you do that thing with the black beam?)

[color=darkviolet]I don't know how much this would qualify as a frustrating gaming moment, but playing bounce on my Cell phone is pretty damn annoying to me. My fingers don't seem agile enough to adjust to the keys and after I get about 1500 points my ball pops and I have to go back to start and never get any further...maybe I should download something else eh?

Another frustation is when I play Sims with more than one character. After the third day or some my Sims become extremely lazy miss work and don't bother to clean up after themselves. Also the kids keep skipping school and don' t want to study so they end up in military school. I think I should just give up video games completely and stick with board games since I beat everyone in those. :devil: [/color]

[quote](Quick question: how do you do that thing with the black beam?)[/quote]

Just put spoiler tags like [ spoiler ] I like pie[ /spoiler ] with out the spaces it's [spoiler] I like pie[/spoiler]

The most irritating moments are those where you know what you need to do, but can't figure out how. My proof? Legacy of Kain: Defiance for PS2. I really like the game as a whole (graphics, gameplay, and such), but when you get stuck, you are dead in the water. I got up to the vampire citadel with Raziel and into a mysterious room with water where I'm supposed to break down a cracked wall. One which I am sure does not exist, after hacking at every wall I saw.

Second frustrating moment: The ruby dragon fight in FF8 [spoiler]with Laguna[/spoiler]. I like FF8 (and death to those who don't) but this stupid minigame thing got me stuck. The blocking is faulty and your attacks are overly weak.

[quote name='Lord Rannos']The most irritating moments are those where you know what you need to do, but can't figure out how.[/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]Gah!!! I know!!!

But what's just as frusterating--well, actually, more like annoying as all hell---is when the game does too much of the opposite, such as the Windwaker. They don't really let you find things out for yourself--they give you too much information when you don't really need it. :cross: Well, that is if you're not stupid, unobservant, and/or enjoy finding things out for yourself. :rolleyes:

Lemme think now. . .another annoying thing that has driven me crazy lately is Rover from Animal Crossing. I can't transfer to the next town without having to endure his damned face and pointless, time-wasting conversations. That, and I get sick of drawing Blanca's stupid fat face all the time. >.<+[/color][/size]

My most frustrating gaming moment was in ffx-2 calibrating the lightning towers in the thunder plains, it took me 2 days and i needed help for the last one with yuna. but amazingly i managed to do it.

Another frustrating one was the first time i played seven, it wasn't long ago so i played it on my ps2 and so after playing for about a day when i tried to save it i couldn't because u can't save playstation games on a ps2 memory card and then on a stupid whim i decided to battle the serpant instead of getting a chocobo and i died.

Another frustrating gaming moment was climbing the wall at the end of Tarzan's world in Kingdom hearts, i kept falling down and i couldn't find the spot where you find the keyhole, it took me half a day.

[/QUOTE]originally posted by lord rannos: Second frustrating moment: The ruby dragon fight in FF8 [spoiler]with Laguna[/spoiler]. I like FF8 (and death to those who don't) but this stupid minigame thing got me stuck. The blocking is faulty and your attacks are overly weak.[/QUOTE]

Yes that fight was one fight i could have done with out although i could have done with out Adel at the moment.Im stuck at her and i am only at level like twenty eight or somthing and i cant train.Each fight i get into i only get one experiance is this a glich or what.Can someone help me with that.

[quote name='peopleperson']Yes that fight was one fight i could have done with out although i could have done with out Adel at the moment.Im stuck at her and i am only at level like twenty eight or somthing and i cant train.Each fight i get into i only get one experiance is this a glich or what.Can someone help me with that.[/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]Nope, not here. Just start a FFVIII help thread--pretty smashing idea, eh? ;) But yeah, getting one experience point is the suck.

Which reminds me of Dragon Warrior. I keep putting off playing that, but once I started a new Log, I forgot how [i]time-consuming[/i] it WAS!!!! :mad: One blue slime only got me one EXP. and one Gold!!! Chrissakes!!! Am I supposed to level up on those things?! And there's only one place in the whole damned game you can save, at the damned castle you start the game at!

I guess I'll be needing all the patience I can get. I guess I won't finish that game until I retire when I'm old, by then I'll have all the time I need. :cross:[/color][/size]

Frustrating gaming moments...oh...so many...my top two have to be:

During Final Fantasy 9 (respectively) I had to find a city in the middle of a desert. Not only did get lost, but I kept getting attacked by those cactus thingys with the thousand needles attack. It took me two days to even see the city, and another day to finally get to it.

I was playing Ecco the Dolphin on my little portable sega (ahh, the good old days). I was fighting a boss that was little more then a giant orb that bounced in a tiny tiny room that I was stuck in. Now, I have a temper that I find very hard to control. After my tenth time getting killed, I bashed the screen with my fist, completely shattering it (the screen). I still regret it to this day.

[quote name='Dark Serena][size=1][color=purple]Nope, not here. Just start a FFVIII help thread--pretty smashing idea, eh?:[/color'][/size][/quote]
[color=#4B0082]Actually, any questions regarding Final Fantasy VIII should be posted in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32777][u]this thread[/u][/url]. However, you should check out a site like [url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/][u]GameFAQs[/u][/url] before posting a question, since you can most likely just find the answer in a FAQ.

Myself, though, I've recently had some frustrating moments in Skies of Arcadia Legends, and most relate to this one thing that I really do not like about the game: The prominence of instant KO attacks. The abundance of these really pisses me off, especially since any boss that has one seems like it will [i]always[/i] hit with the attack. Whether it's magic (even just Eterni, which isn't supposed to be 100%, always seems to work when cast by a boss), or a special attack, they never, ever seem to miss. And that pisses me off, because an attack that otherwise does crap for damage can KO a character no matter what. Especially when it's a special attack and not magic, since I can at least block magic if I know it's coming.

Another thing would be negative status spells. Why the heck did they even bother putting them in the game, besides to be an annoyance? Seriously, I have never gotten one to work against any boss in the game, and they aren't needed in random battles. The only one I ever use anymore is Sylenis, and only in airship battles to keep spellships from casting magic. That's the only time I can ever get any of them to work.

Though really, that wouldn't be so bad except for one more detail. And that is, a lot of bosses seem to use at least one negative status spell, and they almost always work against you. But of course, you can't throw that same spell back at them, because they're immune and the spell always misses when cast on them. To me, it seems kind of like a double standard; they can inflict negative status effects on me, but I can't do the same to them.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Actually, any questions regarding Final Fantasy VIII should be posted in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32777][u]this thread[/u][/url]. However, you should check out a site like [url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/][u]GameFAQs[/u][/url'] before posting a question, since you can most likely just find the answer in a FAQ.[/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]Whoopsies. :whoops: Forgot all about gameFAQs. Glad you pointed that out, lol. *curses at the color tags* X /[/color][/size]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Myself, though, I've recently had some frustrating moments in Skies of Arcadia Legends, and most relate to this one thing that I really do not like about the game: The prominence of instant KO attacks.[/color][/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]What saves my a** [i]countless[/i] times is Aika's Delta Shield, and it's invaluable in the final boss fight, and pretty much in any battle where the said magic is used by the enemy, or mostly magic you have to look out for. But the negative/stat-reducing magic, well, I just don't use it for bosses, although I have poisoned a few of them. Although the Delta Shield negates ALL "Moon Crystal" magic for one turn, even ones you deal to yourself, it's still invaluable if you simply have healing items. And besides, the shield saved me more than my cure spells anyways, lol. :p

And lemme see. . .*rubs chin* No irritations at the moment. A new record. XD[/color][/size]