OtakuBoards

Does anyone listen to Jpop/Jrock?

Sweet Pie

[color=coral]Are you talking about AYUMI HAMASAKI?If yes,
Ayumi is a girl they call her a diva...
Kinki Kids, is one of the hottest bands from Johnny Jr. Agency It consist of 2 people*both male in their 20s* one of them a beautiful boy the other one has a short hair...

Kinki Kids just released the album 24/7 on 20+ DEC 03[/color]

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest lavalamp
Way to pick up on the joke.

I should write a book on being subtle. Who doesn't know who ?lè?_?ä?Ý is? And who calls her a diva? I love how her rabid internet fans know absolutely nothing about her.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lava lamp [/i]
[B]Way to pick up on the joke.

I should write a book on being subtle. Who doesn't know who ?lè?_?ä?Ý is? And who calls her a diva? I love how her rabid internet fans know absolutely nothing about her. [/B][/QUOTE]

And you expected them to? You must be living in some fantasy world.

Rabid internet fans of ANY group/singer usually don't know anything about a person other than what they wear/how they look and the music they play. Maybe a little brief history on them, but not much. Only the people who can take the time to know about a person will know anything about their lives other than what they portray in their looks and music.

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]

seeing that I am still relatively new to the Jpop/ J rock scene I can only name a few people that I am truly beginning to like....

Ayumi Hamasaki is pretty darn good.

Do As Infinity is good too, I heard a few clips off their most recent album and I know that I have to find it, I many not understand a word but hey I'll still blast it in my car.

Now Transtic Nerve is also good, but I'm still trying to get into them. I haven't heard much of their music but I hope to become a die hard fan.

Now there are a few other groups and or people out there that I am loving but I wish to here more of their music hopefully so I will be able to do so and just savor everything about them.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SadClown [/i]
[B]I love how so many people just name like the same 5 super popular bands when there are so many other great bands to listen to. Like Lastier, Lareine, Baiser, Baroque, Fanatic Crisis, Kagrra, Pierrot, Spin Aqua and Wyse, just to name a few. =D [/B][/QUOTE]

There was a time when I used to listen to a lot of those bands. They were cool.

But eventually I just realized that, this music was cool, but it wasn't going to stick with me. Honestly, I can't imagine being 40 and still listening to BAISER heh.

Bands like X JAPAN, L'Arc~en~Ciel... sure they're popular, but they seem so much more lasting to me. I've been listening to Laruku for like, 5 years now, and I swear they just get better even though I've probably listened to each album like 800 times.

[i][color=lightpink]I have the biggest question in the world and it does have to contain to this type of music in general.

Well. Is it true that fads go west to east?

I have been told this and been called "A woman before my time". It's odd but I want to know if it does happen or not.[/color][/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Noëlle [/i]
[B][i][color=lightpink]I have the biggest question in the world and it does have to contain to this type of music in general.

Well. Is it true that fads go west to east?

I have been told this and been called "A woman before my time". It's odd but I want to know if it does happen or not.[/color][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you Noelle..cause if you think of it Hip hop and rap became grounded in America(which is of course in the Western Hemishere) Butit became a very popular brand of music still holding on strongly in American culture today.

But if you expand to the Eastern Hemishere you see how there are many European and Asian rappers..Now That is one thing that I have noticed moved from West to East.

But there are many fads in the east that have moved over to the west.

Anime being one of them. Many American artists have been picking up Japan's 'art' stye.

Not that its really a fad but hey its something that surely influences our culture....

I absolutely love Do As Infinity and Ayumi Hamasaki!! I'm listening to them right now as a matter of fact! I know almost all the lyrics to Dearest already! I really like all the InuYasha themes! Have you heard See Saw....they sing the theme in .Hack//Sign. It's pretty awesome...makes you wanna dance. I have heard of Duel Jewel a lot, but never heard their music, or Gackt. Ja Ne!

I recommened listening to bands that aren't affiliated with anime. Granted I was introduced to three of my altime favorite Visual Kei artists from the show Kamekaze Kaitou Jeanne becuase they all did themes for it. (Pierrot "Haruka", Shazna "Piece of Love" and Lastier "Dive into Shine")

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuzakuGrl [/i]
[B]I absolutely love Do As Infinity and Ayumi Hamasaki!! I'm listening to them right now as a matter of fact! I know almost all the lyrics to Dearest already! I really like all the InuYasha themes! Have you heard See Saw....they sing the theme in .Hack//Sign. It's pretty awesome...makes you wanna dance. I have heard of Duel Jewel a lot, but never heard their music, or Gackt. Ja Ne! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=coral]You really got to listen to [b]Camui Gackt[/b] he's got a beautiful voice...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sweet Pie [/i]
[B][color=coral]Have you ever wonder why, visual rock can no longer maintain their popularity like in the '80s?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Because it's a fad, and fads eventually fade. Visual rock was famous in the 80s here, and in Japan, it was and still is only popular in the indies scene. When bands go mainstream, they lose that look. Laruku, Luna Sea, Gackt, Penicillin, Dir en grey to some extent, just to name a few. Visual rock is only really popular amung a set number of people, while the majority like a more profession and clean look.... like pop groups, which is why they are insanely popular in Japan and America.

Visual Kei only has a big backing here [America] because it's "different"... and thats cool, apparently, when it comes to music.

Oh and don't search "Camui Gackt" cause you won't find anything... just search Gackt. I don't think anyone calls him Camui Gackt anymore....

Guest Midnight Rush
i must say that although j/pop or rock isn't my favorite kind of music (classic rock all the way baby!), i like do as infinity and that ayunami girl. v6 is cool, mainly for inuyasha opening. anyways, lead singer of do as infinity is pretty hot for not being lucy liu :)

Guest lavalamp
I think it's annoying how if you listen to a great deal of indies music you're branded as exposed and musically intelligent, but if you listen to popular acts, you're suddenly new and oblivious.

Yes, I like ?lè??ä?Ý but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate some horrible obscure act. I guess that sort of thing never changes, but musical superiority complexes get old, despite having one of my own. Ba dum bum?

As for the ?À?º?Þ?ü?b comment, I disagree. I thought her "SO CRAZY" video was far below a budget she deserves. Deserving for her past run, not her current sales, since the budget given such is probably too generous. They come, they go. It's never fun watching your "idol" fade into nothing, but it is fun watching newer fans think she's the hottest new thing in Japan! For nostalgia, if nothing else.

Speaking of videos, ?ô?c?Ò?¢'s new video is hilarious. "omg she is such a slut now!!!!" As if she wasn't any worse during her a-nation performances. Someone made a comment somewhere about wanting to see her at the convention coming up just to see the "boobie" action. I love it.

Oh, and let me just insert the ellipsis in the direction of the Lucy Liu comment.

[b]...[/b]

[url]http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-17439[/url] Yum.

[i][color=lightpink]So it WAS them that I heard....COOL! I mean I found a song and it was called La:Sadies. so I got it and I really liked it.

Now What is this that I hear that Dir en Grey is releasing some sort of single/album thing in March, called "Let's put an end...The Final." Ok is this some sort of album or just they are going to disband. I would seriously be sad if they do.

And my other question is. Does Kyo have a twin brother?[/color][/i]

Guest Midnight Rush
Yay! Ok I finally learned who "that Ayunami girl is."
She is Ayunami Hamasuki, and she sings like party music/pop.
I like the sound of the Japanese, I just wish I could find a place for lyrics in English.
Seasons is my fav from Ayunami, and Raven is my fav from DAI.