Does anyone listen to Jpop/Jrock?

Sweet Pie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[i][color=lightpink]Ok...please spell her name right. For the sake of love...or something. It's:

Ayumi Hamasaki.

Not Ayunami Hamasuki. Close but off by alot. Ims orry I have to correct you Undefeated.[/color][/i]

Guest lavalamp
I've never liked "SEASONS" very much. I'll never understand why so many people loved it. And no, I don't just mean people online. Even J-POP stars who cite her as an influence mention the song usually.

And yes, it is unfortunate that Dir en grey isn't disbanding.

I watch the Jpop music hour every once in awhile on the International Channel. I never really listened to much other than Hikaru Uteda and The Pillows. They are pretty good. I also like other JRock music too, though I don't know what the bands are called.

[color=coral]I really prefer the name [i]Dir en grey[/i] better than [i]La:Sadies[/i] Dir en grey means gray syiling.....if I'm not wrong...^_^

I just watched Gackt's Junigatsu tekijoka music video. he sings live and without that dyed hair...he sang beautifully with original hair (his hair covering his eyes a little). and currently listening to HYDE's shinning over you.....his voice is [i]so[/i] good. A slow song.[/color]

Guest Midnight Rush
all right alright, I have no idea what im talking about, but whatever lol. goes to show the unintelligent nonconsumers point of view.

Guest lavalamp
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sweet Pie [/i]
[B][color=coral]he sings live and without that dyed hair...he sang beautifully with original hair (his hair covering his eyes a little)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's because his hair gave him magic powers. GACKT NO HENSHINZZZ OMG

Gackt has stopped singing live alot. I used to see him actually sing, now he lip sings to tracks played alot. i haven't seen his new concert, but, I've seen him do it alo ton TV shows.... it's rather disappointing.

His voice is amung one of the best I think. You can't really disagree with the fact the man has terrible amounts of talent, no matter if you like his music or not.

Anyway, move has a whole bunch new stuff coming out :) Two full albums, one at the end of this month, the next in late March... new single just came out few weeks back... they doin lots of work.

I'm also curious why some of you, excluding you Jimmy, don't like Dir en grey? Is it the music? Is it their look? Both, none, what?

Guest lavalamp
I don't like Dir en grey for the fact that a lot of their songs were just very bland to me. I liked one here and there, but most of it was incredibly old material anyway. I'm always open to giving bands multiple chances because sometimes it can be hit-or-miss, but their latest album really drilled it into the floor for me. Completely preference.

No, I'm not someone that dislikes Dir en grey for their annoying fanbase. Nor is it because of their image because I'm a fan of visual kei in general, and contrary to popular belief, their image isn't "extreme" by any means.

Oh, and as for move since you brought them up, am I the only one who is disappointed with their latest releases? "Blast My Desire" is too much like "Painless PAIN" in my opinion, and didn't like that too much. They have this weird subtle slipping going on in terms of their style and what it used to be, and I'm just not fond of their new approach. Then again, I've never been a huge fan to begin with. I always felt they were a mediocre globe, which I was always a huge fan of. Probably biased for that reason alone.

And yes, Gackt is talented. I've also been disappointed with his recent lip-synching. He sings great live, and now it's as if he wants to make it look aesthetically pleasing more than anything. A good is example of this was his performance of "Last Song" on the MS Super Live. Speaking of "Last Song", I thought the single was horrible.

I adore how his popularity is exaggerated, though. If all of the fangirls who whine about him bought his music, maybe his sales would look up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lava lamp [/i]
[B]Oh, and as for move since you brought them up, am I the only one who is disappointed with their latest releases? "Blast My Desire" is too much like "Painless PAIN" in my opinion, and didn't like that too much. They have this weird subtle slipping going on in terms of their style and what it used to be, and I'm just not fond of their new approach. Then again, I've never been a huge fan to begin with. I always felt they were a mediocre globe, which I was always a huge fan of. Probably biased for that reason alone.[/B][/QUOTE]

I haven't heard it yet, probably cause I haven't downloaded it yet lol. But I will soon. I was highly disppointed with DecaDANCE. Just not the type of move I want to hear. They keep changing styles... First it was like a hard techno sound (Electrok), then it got more Europopish (Worlds of the Mind), then it was a dance theme (OO7), then trance (Synergy and those remix albums), then that latin sound (TropicanaTrops and Wake My Love!), then a rock sound (DecaDANCE)... they keep changing, although the recent change has been the more drastic... deffinantly a fan of the dancy style they had. I'm a huge trance fan so I loved that style. But they've been consistantly changing their genre of music... it's really quite odd and at points very disappointing. But i'm a fan of move, I always have been since Worlds of the Mind, which is when I was first introduced to them.... and I'm a huge fan of T-Kimura and his other works... esspecially his solo works and Favorite Blue... I also like globe, however I don't have a strong connection to them like I do move... i really got into move and T-Kimura and not so much TK and globe.... They are almost identical in their first impressions.... one producer, one female singer, and one rapper... move is one of those bands I just connected with.

As far as Deg is concerned.... VULGAR, I thought was alot better than Kisou. Kisou is probably my least liked album from Deg, but still a very good album i think.... Deg thrives on a sound that is very experimental... very new... very... different from what they've done in the past and different from what other bands do. I never know what to expect from them. They've always changed their sounds... MISSA and GAUZE are probabaly the only two albums even remotely alike in sound. I like the fact they change their sound alot... I think it's interesting, unique, always making you want to hear them just to see what new stuf they are doing...

DeG are, like you said, a hit or miss band. You either like them or u dont, there's no real in between. I like them because they are always original. No two songs sound a like, unlike some pop stars. Personally, I think that Kisou is their best album, but again, just opinion. I really loved what they did with Vulgar too. They really are a good band. =D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sweet Pie [/i]
[B][color=coral]Anyone know Utada Hikaru? I [i]don't[/i] quite like her. To [i]me[/i] she's a little arrogant but her voice is okay....agree or not, up to you...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Utada Hikaru? Who???

Seriously now...

The arrogant comment seems a little out of place considering she really doesn't make a lot of public appearances. If anything she's quite humble. But I don't like her voice and am generally not a huge fan of her music, though some of it's pretty good.

Guest lavalamp
I guess she can be seen as arrogant for not making many public appearances, but it's rather obvious as to why she doesn't. When she sings live, it sounds like she's trapped under a glacier.

While that's not too different from her studio voice, it's not hard to see how uncomfortable she is on TV shows and such. There is very little body movement involved, and she tends to keep her words short.

However, even if she were arrogant, she has a reason. Having the best selling album in Japanese history is certainly something to stick your tongue out about.

Hi, sweet pie! I'm kyonen, and I'm not new here. I came here up to August last year. This is the first time I've come back @_@ But anyways it's nice to meet you! ^_-

My favorite J-rock band is D+SHADE. I know there are those like wrist cutter who think they're just a run-of-the-mill band, but they're not. They disbanded in 2000, but I still like their music. Their last song, ZERO, is the best in my opinion.

It's weird. I like them even more then I liked Diru @_@

But SadClown would find it interesting to know, I got to know them thru KKJ as well (and the OTHER 3 bands!) xD

[color=coral][b]Welcome back, [i]kyonen![/i] Ayway, honestly, I've [i]never[/i] heard your name before.. ^_^; D+Shade is out of the picture already, huh? Never heard of them*_* Sorry!
Click below to look at NEWS pic. ^_^

[url]http://www.canberrasec.net/~c1e412/Untitled-1%2520copy.jpg[/url]

[/color][/b]

Guest lavalamp
Oh help me. I hate the majority of overseas fans so. Doing random forum searches surrounding J-POP/J-ROCK and came to this beautiful display of complete and utter ignorance.

[url]http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6161[/url]

I want to register for the lone purpose of negating nearly everything nearly [b]everyone[/b] said.

My god. Chiaki Nozomi's post in particular set me off.

"Her live performances are a hit and miss. If we have a decent sounding live, we're lucky. Lyric writing, yes, she writes, but the songs are simple. Utada Hikaru is a better lyricist than she is. But what do I expect? She's an idol. She's just supposed to stand there and look pretty. But Namie Amuro is prettier than she is. :P Although next PV I predict she does a 'Xtina' and goes all slut, just like Koda Kumi. After all, in her last PV she was a hooker-rocker in a song that was as pop as it could get."

Is it a rule now that overseas fans have to make up random BS to support their idiotic opinions [which is ironically a fact to any person with half a brain]? I hate people. I mean, just read some of those replies. So much of it makes absolutely no sense, and people like this drive me off of the proverbial mountain top.

I can say the following:

1. People have no respect for artists and the countless hours of work put in by them and the people surrounding them to do as little as put out a single or get an appearance.

2. People do not know what a "good voice" is from a technical level.

3. I must repeat the former, because this is just too hilarious. People do not know what a "good voice" is from a technical level.

4. Saying one person's voice is terrible compared to another's and labeling it as a fact is completely idiotic. What you hear is not what someone else hears. You should only make comparisons if you understand vocal abilities from a technical level, and...

5. People do not know what a "good voice" is from a technical level.

6. By the way, any comments regarding an artist's fashion or whatever in a negative way is complete and utter BS. I literally hate all of those people out there that criticize and artist for wearing revealing clothes. Let's all dress up in sacks. Get off of your dumb conservative horses and realize there is such a thing as fashion. Just because you wouldn't wear something doesn't mean someone else wearing it is wrong in any way, shape, or form.

And...

If you're a J-POP/J-ROCK fan and do these things, I hate you.

Rant over. I feel better.

I dont see why your getting so upset over the feelings of one person, or small group of internet people. If you like her, more power to you. I've said it before, and I agree with them, I think most pop idols are just puppets. While I'll recognize its not an easy job having the life of a pop idol, that doesnt mean I have to like her work. And I bet you that 95% of poeple that listen to music dont judge any aspect of it on a "technical level". If you like it, you like it, if not, you dont. And sure you have the right to wear whatever you want too, but dont be surprised when people call you a whore for wearing next to nothing.

Oh, and I hate you too. Have a nice day. =D

Guest lavalamp
Quite the genius.

"Her?" Where was I talking about any artist specifically? Way to read, you winner. Because I quote a paragraph with more than one artist listed, you make that oh-so-cool assumption. There is such a thing as a "concept" and talking about such is in fact what I'm doing.

Did I ever say anyone needed to like someone's work? Putting words in my mouth is your forte. I said that regardless of what you like, you should respect an artist on an "artistic" level. And no **** 95% don't judge on a technical level. That was my point. In my humble opinion, I don't think anyone should say "this person sings better than this person" in the way they are if they really have no way to back it up. Just because someone sounds better to you, or appeals to you more doesn't mean they're the better singer. People saying such are idiots.

Oh, and you're full of **** with your "puppets" comment. Just goes to show how your "obscurity prevails" mentality clouds your vision. If "pop idols" are puppets, then so are the visual kei "GODZ !!111" that you listen to. Since you assumed I was talking about "her" earlier, I'll just use "her" as an example. I don't consider practically owning your label a trait of a puppet.

Yes, don't be surprised about being called a whore. Just be thrilled that you're leagues ahead of closed-minded conservatives.

Oh, and of course I'm glad you hate me, as I wouldn't want to be situated along the same line as my target.

Exposure to the truth. Try it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lava lamp [/i]
[B]If you're a J-POP/J-ROCK fan and do these things, I hate you.[/B][/QUOTE]

I also hate you, you elitist, you! ;) I don't know you personally, but I can't stand elitists. There's no reason to have that attitude. You're cooled down, but I just don't want this topic locked.

Heh, yeah, Sweet Pie, but August [I]was[/I] a comparatively long time back. And, I took a look at that, but I couldn't really tell about them (it was too small to read). I don't know if were allowed to talk about file-sharing programs and mp3s or not, but WinMX users seem to have D-SHADE.

Hey, does anyone here like Kuroyume??? They were a cool band, too. I don't know when they disbanded, though.