OtakuBoards

Peace Maker Kurogane

Dagger

Hmm.. I felt the same way as you did DaggerIX1-san, that's why I have tried to go through my Peace Maker anime, and I've read what's scanlated by Mangacity to find any info on the [spoiler]female ninja[/spoiler]. Although I can't seem to find much stating how she [spoiler]is a foreign ninja[/spoiler], I did see a few things.

In the Anime there were [spoiler]3 Ninjas[/spoiler] on the Choshuu payroll. In the manga Shinsengumi Imon Peace Maker, there are only [spoiler]3 Ninjas including Susume and Ayunee. The two other female Ninjas (which I found pretty useless in the anime) seemed to have been made for the anime.[/spoiler] Except maybe to give [spoiler]Akesato-san[/spoiler] a bit of character and personality by giving [spoiler]her someone to talk to?[/spoiler]

It seems that there was another character too, [spoiler]Hana-chan[/spoiler] that wasn't in the manga itself.

I have a question to you guys. What do you think they'll be doing in the final episode? A confrontation between [spoiler]Tetsu[/spoiler] and [spoiler]Suzu[/spoiler] maybe? Something to do with [spoiler]Ryouma[/spoiler] perhaps? Maybe we'll be given enough room for a [spoiler]sequal[/spoiler] like the [spoiler]original manga?[/spoiler]

I'd like to hear some of your ideas. ^-^

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Episode 24!! *goes into hysterics*

It's nearly midnight and I'm running on four hours of sleep, so this post may degenerate into incoherent fangirl yelpings if I attempt to write at length. With that in mind, I'll just tell you that I adore PMK's ending, which conveniently leaves things open for a continuation. ^_~ Tetsu and Saya are [i]ridiculously[/i] cute, both by themselves and (better yet!) in close proximity. Nearly every second of this episode is poignant, hilarious, or some uber-touching combination of the two.....

[spoiler]SUZU STILL CARRIES AROUND YOSHIDA'S HEAD! How many days have passed since his, erm, unfortunate demise? Shouldn't the darn thing have started to decompose--or, at the very least, smell rather foul? Okita's near-complete recovery seems to indicate that he had plenty of time to rest and heal.[/spoiler]

Hehe, Tetsu's going all [spoiler]Kenshin[/spoiler] on us now. Because episode 24 gives Saya and Ryouma the screen time they deserve, I can't complain about secondary characters being neglected or overlooked. And the [spoiler]conversation between Susumu and Tatsu[/spoiler] is absolutely [i]priceless[/i]. The artwork, of course, continues to look marvelous....

You know what? I really can't think of any complaints. Parting is such sweet sorrow. ;_;

~Dagger~

*Squeals, laughs, and sobs hysterically at the same time*

I can't believe it's over! But what an ending! *Sighs*

The scene between Tetsu and Saya actually made me cry, and I can't even explain why! [spoiler]Haha, Dagger, I believe I have sufficient evidence to prove that Tetsu IS Kenshin! Hehe, no I don't, but it's a funny thought...[/spoiler] And I loved the part where [spoiler]Tatsu and Susumu reconciled. It was, like you put it earlier, Dagger, a combination of humor and surprising poignance.[/spoiler]

I loved how every character had an ending of their own, so to speak. Even Ryouma! I just had to hear him sing it one more time... *sniffle* [spoiler]And, of course, I loved the scene with Okita, Toshi, and Kondou on the roof of the barracks.[/spoiler] I don't think they neglected anyone, and even if the character was only briefly touched on, I felt satisfied about it.

...But not completely satistfied! Give me more, more I say! *Chants* Second season! Second season!

So, now that we have the complete package, we can really get down to discussing the show. Where do we start?

Alright, I finally saw the Last Episode! (note to self, if I don't want to destroy computer again, stay away from registry)

Wow. This Episode had very [spoiler]little fighting[/spoiler] for a [spoiler]samurai animep[/spoiler] finale. But I loved it. Every minute of it. My definate favourite part was the ending where they [spoiler]played the Hey Jimmy song while still showing shots from the anime.[/spoiler] It suited it very well.

A scene that didn't surprise me, but physically shocked me when I saw it was when [spoiler]Suzu was holding the wrapped up head of Yoshida. I saw him holding that last episode, but.. wow. Poor kid.[/spoiler]

I agree that this ending
a) made it very open to a sequel.
b) give it a great closure and finale.
c) makes you want to scream, SEQUEL!!! BRING ON THE SEQUEL!!!

As for re-examining the series, first I'd like to watch it again. XD Maybe I can marathon with some of my friends... NEW RECRUITS!!! Make them fight Souji! XD

-ArV

Yeah, PMK definitely ended on a good note. ^_^ I also loved the part when Hey Jimmy started and [spoiler]I saw that they weren't going to play the normal ED animation.[/spoiler]

I can't wait to watch the series again.

[quote name='JazzLady22']So, now that we have the complete package, we can really get down to discussing the show. Where do we start?[/quote]

Hmm... I think I'd like to talk about the "magic" mini-arc. Many people dislike it, but I actually thought that all of the supernatural occurrences were pretty interesting and cool. The subplot simply ended too abruptly, even though it [i]did[/i] had some continuity (as provided by the perpetually reappearing black cat).

Speaking of which, does that cat remind anybody else of a malevolent Kuroneko?

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]Yeah, PMK definitely ended on a good note. ^_^ I also loved the part when Hey Jimmy started and [spoiler]I saw that they weren't going to play the normal ED animation.[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]

I loved that part! [spoiler]It was great, how they showed every character watching the fireworks. Except for Tatsu! Come on, we care about him too![/spoiler]

Well, the "magic" arc is widely thought of as the weakest mini-arc in PMK, as it seems to have nothing to do with anything. But I thought, random as it was, it was a nifty little way to work some mythology into the show. Like, for instance, the reappearing black cat (malevolent Kuroneko... I love you, Dagger.) According to a popular myth, just before his death, Okita was trying to kill a black cat. I don't know much more about the myth, but I do know that one time, the cat shows up when [spoiler]Okita seems sick.[/spoiler] Not only that, but he shows up at several other parts in the show, all of them rather dark situations [spoiler](that last scene with Suzu, anyone?)[/spoiler]

But random tangents aside, I enjoyed the arc. It was entertaining, even though the villains, I have to admit, were a bit lame. [spoiler]It was pretty enjoyable to see them go up in flames, though. Wheee![/spoiler]

[QUOTE=JazzLady22]
Like, for instance, the reappearing black cat (malevolent Kuroneko... I love you, Dagger.) According to a popular myth, just before his death, Okita was trying to kill a black cat. I don't know much more about the myth, but I do know that one time, the cat shows up when [spoiler]Okita seems sick.[/spoiler] Not only that, but he shows up at several other parts in the show, all of them rather dark situations [spoiler](that last scene with Suzu, anyone?)[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]
I thought I remember reading somewhere how Suzu was associated with Black Cats. I could be wrong...

In the Manga Peace Maker Kurogane, after Ikeda-Ya Toudou Heisuke came accross [spoiler]a bunch of black cats and a little boy dressed and acting like one.[/spoiler] Since the site has not release the next scanlated chapter I don't really know what that plot is about... hmm... But it seems mysterious no?

takusan no kuroi neko

-ArV

[quote name='r2vq]In the Manga Peace Maker Kurogane, after Ikeda-Ya Toudou Heisuke came accross [spoiler]a bunch of black cats and a little boy dressed and acting like one.[/spoiler'] Since the site has not release the next scanlated chapter I don't really know what that plot is about... hmm... But it seems mysterious no?[/quote]

I really need to start keeping up with the Peace Maker Kurogane manga. Although I've seen scans from the section you're referring to, they were untranslated and so I had no idea what was happening. ^_^;

If PMK is ever licensed, it will definitely go to Geneon, which--fortunately for us fans--happens to be one of the better American distributors. This company's current series include Last Exile, X-TV, Trigun, Serial Experiments Lain and Hellsing; it also owns the rights to fan favorites like Gungrave and ROD-TV.

Geneon series are typically dubbed by Bang Zoom! Entertainment (X-TV, Witch Hunter Robin) or Animaze (Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star). Although most of my favorite VAs are affiliated with FUNimation, I have to admit that either Geneon studio would treat PMK quite well.

Regarding voice actors.... I can see Crispin Freeman (Alucard in Hellsing, Touga in Revolutionary Girl Utena, Amon in Witch Hunter Robin) as either Hijikata or Yoshida. Okita would be highly difficult to cast, but I'd love for Steve Cannon (Kamui in X-TV) to play Suzu. That man is the king of angst. Dave Wittenberg (Subaru in X-TV, Sora in .hack//SIGN) might make a fantastic Susumu.

~Dagger~

I just read scanlations of the first four chapters of PMK, plus some scans from later on. It appears that [spoiler]all the cats, plus the dressed-up little kid, are drawn to uber-evil Suzu in some way. Although it's not yet translated, so...[/spoiler]

I was also surprised to see that characters like Saitou and Ryouma didn't actually show up until PMK. That makes me even more anxious to read the rest of Shinsengumi Imon Peace Maker to see the differences.

Speaking of, either SIPM or PMK was just liscened. Which means that they probably plan on liscensing the anime sooner or later. While I would love that to happen, there's a few things I'm wondering what they'll do on.

First of all, certain things won't have as much of an effect in English, like Ryouma, for example. So they'll have to take all that out in the dubs. Bye bye, Engrish. Also, the "Peace Maker" thing had such an effect because Tetsu didn't even know what it meant until later.

Not to mention the mispronunciations. If anyone's seen the Rurouni Kenshin OVA, you know that they put the emphasis on the wrong syllable for Okita.

I also hope that the English VA's will try to match the quality of the original ones. Some of the ones you listed were great, Dagger. But I keep going back to that scene with Suzu in episode 23, [spoiler]where he's talking to Yoshida, even though he's already dead.[/spoiler] That scene could have just been corny, if done overdramatically. But the original was very downplayed and innocent-sounding. And the waver in his voice gets me everytime. *Sniffles*

Since they announced it at the last convention, we all knew that ADV had licensed the Peace Maker Kurogane manga (along with numerous other series). But the company just put out an official press release, and I thought I'd quote some excerpts here for whoever might be interested.

[quote=AnimeonDVD.com]ADV MANGA ANNOUNCES A WHOPPING 37 NEW ACQUISTIONS

HOUSTON, March 30, 2004-ADV Manga today announced that it has acquired
37 new manga titles. With titles aimed at every age in many genres, this
acquisition reflects ADV Manga's commitment to a diverse publishing line
with something for everyone.

The titles included are:

Peacemaker Kurogane by Nanae Chrono. At the violent last gasp of Japan's
shogunate, a group of swordsmen called Shinsengumi protect the city of
Kyoto. Their newest member is a boy named Tetsunosuke Ichimura, who is
about to be drawn into a dangerous web of violence and intrigue.

About ADV Manga

Specializing in Japanese and other East Asian comics, illustration
books, graphic novels and more, ADV Manga is the publishing division of
A.D. Vision, Inc., parent company of ADV Films, Newtype USA, Anime
Network and more. Founded in 2003, with nationwide mass-market
distribution, ADV Manga is poised to dominate the explosively growing
U.S. market for imported graphic novels and related published materials.[/quote]

On the one hand, this is really exciting. It would be fantastic to actually have my own copy of the manga. But I'm also starting to get a bit confused.... ADV's summary makes it sound as though they're publishing Shinsengumi Imon Peace Maker--yet as far as I know, they only have the rights to Peace Maker Kurogane. That seems more than a little counter-intuitive, especially since the television show focuses on the events of SIPM. ADV's chances of licensing the anime are admittedly somewhat slim; however, I'd expect them to at least give it a cursory shot.

What worries me is the fact that ADV Manga is a fairly new company, and fans have already complained about its treatment of popular titles like Azumanga Daioh. I don't want similar errors to be made with Peace Maker Kurogane.

~Dagger~

Well, since the PMK anime is fairly popular here, so ADV could changed SIPM to Peace Maker Kurogane so as not to confuse some of the fans and increase their sales. If that's the case, I wonder if they have access to both parts on the manga, or just SIPM.

If they only own the rights to PMK, it's going to confuse quite a lot of people, heh heh. On the other hand, I'll be pretty excited! It would have taken forever for them to get to that particular part in the manga, plus I've already read most of the first 3 volumes. It'll be great to have one of my own!

What kind of errors were in Azumanga Daioh, Dagger? I've never read it myself, so I wouldn't know... but there's plenty of room for mistakes in PMK. I'll just have to cross my fingers.

[quote]Well, since the PMK anime is fairly popular here, so ADV could changed SIPM to Peace Maker Kurogane so as not to confuse some of the fans and increase their sales. If that's the case, I wonder if they have access to both parts on the manga, or just SIPM.[/quote]

That would make sense. I really hope you're right. ^_^

[quote name='JazzLady22']What kind of errors were in Azumanga Daioh, Dagger? I've never read it myself, so I wouldn't know... but there's plenty of room for mistakes in PMK. I'll just have to cross my fingers.[/quote]

The problems all have to do with shoddy editing. One of the Azumanga girls comes from Osaka, so they decided to give her a Brooklyn accent. I wouldn't have minded this if not for the fact that her speech patterns are totally inconsistent. Sometimes she says "fuhgeddaboudit" every other word, making the text bubbles pretty difficult to read; sometimes she speaks with more clarity than the manga's most intelligent characters.

Several of Azumanga Daioh's strips revolve around an English teacher named Yukari. ADV changed her subject to Spanish--but later she complains about teaching [i]English[/i]. The students are also shown struggling with English when they encounter foreigners, which makes the whole Spanish thing seem somewhat irrelevant. While I understand that it's difficult to convey the meaning of certain jokes when the entire manga is in English, I wish ADV's translators had been more careful about their choices.

On the plus side, ADV Manga's releases appear to have higher-quality covers/paper than those of Tokyopop or Viz.

[quote]I was also surprised to see that characters like Saitou and Ryouma didn't actually show up until PMK.[/quote]

You know, I've noticed a lot of manga purists complaining about those kinds of changes. I don't know enough to decide whether some of them were ill-advised or not, but the anime just wouldn't be the same without Saitou or Ryouma. ^_^

~Dagger~

Hm... My Post got Deleted. Damn "Back" Button. -_-

I'm not surprised that the Peace Maker Kurogane anime is being dubbed. But I don't know if it'll be the same if they don't make Tetsu energetic enough at the right times and mellow at others. I'll also miss Shinpachi's voice. I can't picture a voice that'll match with his in english. :-s I hope they cast a female voice for Okita. That's the only way it'll sound right.

As for the manga? One can only dream that they'll translate it well. This is definately one of my favourite manga. It has great art, and at times it takes breaks when it needs to be funny. So detailed... So funny XD. If they screw it up... -_- *sighs* I guess I'll buy it anyway.

The Manga Series they bring to the west can definately not be Peace Maker Kurogane if they're not bringing over Shinsengumi Imon Peace Maker because the former is a sequel of the latter. You can't read PMK without SIPM unless, like JazzLady-san said, people will be confused.

If that ADV company is translating it, I will be scared. *wonders what they will put instead of the Star Spangled Banner* NO. NO SPANISH IN ANCIENT JAPAN!!! AHHHHHHH~~

-ArV

Edit: I just found a "Peace Maker Kurogane: Special" It's downloading but it just started. Anyone know anything about it?

Edit 2: -_-U I just found out it was a joke episode. Take an episode and translate it wrong. Ugh... I was hoping for a real one. *tear*

Yes, I'm in the process of downloading Anime-Keep's PMK "Special." From what I've heard, it's supposed to be extremely funny.... but I [i]am[/i] a little annoyed at them for shattering a fangirl's dreams. ;_; I believe that the spoof is, as you mentioned, a mis-translation of episode 13. I personally think episode 15 is probably the most worthy of being parodied, but A-Keep hasn't gotten to it yet (they're currently on 14).

EDIT: What do you guys make of this?

[quote name='Anime News Network']Although ADV will not comment on unannounced manga licenses, they have clarified that, to date, they have only announced licenses for the portions of Peace Maker Kurogane and Matantei Loki Ragnarok that were published by Mag Garden. They have not announced any license for Shinsengumi Immon Peacemaker or the first seven volumes of Matantei Loki. As for whether or not they have licensed or are pursuing the licenses to the first parts of those two series, ADV would not comment.[/quote]

EDIT #2: Ahahaha, A-Keep is [i]awesome.[/i]

"Suzu, I may be sexy, but I am not gay."

*dies laughing*

~Dagger~

Dagger-dono,

I believe this would've been the best episode to make a Joke Chapter with. XD It was hillarious. But I still want a special. *sniff*

As for the manga? That is... strange, to say the least. Peace Maker Kurogane relies heavily on information from Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker (like I said earlier) so if people are thrown in, it will make very little sense. -_-

Though... There is a chance... Unless I'm mistaken, Peace Maker Kurogane and Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker were of the same artist but different manga company. What if the same thing happens in North America? With Shinsengumi being release first of course, that wouldn't be so bad. Though the only reason I could see for this would be the company holding the rights of Shinsengumi wouldn't want to sell to ADV. Problem with that theory is if they don't want to sell the manga to ADV they might not want to sell at all...

-ArV

Post Script - I just checked and the cover for Shinsengumi says "GanGan Comics" and the cover for Peace Maker says "Blade Comics"

*Dies laughing* A-Keep, I love you!

I think 13 was a great choice to parody. I loved the whole "Kenshin" exchange between Yamanami and Heisuke! Bwahahaha! I wish they'd do 22 or 23...

So, Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker hasn't been liscensed by ADV? I hope they realize it's not going to make sense to people who haven't seen the anime! People who are just buying the manga on impulse (as I'm sure we've all done a few times o__O), even if they do figure out what's going on, won't really get the full emotional impact from, say, Suzu's situation. It's a very bad decision on ADV's part.

And yes, although SIPM and PMK are by the same mangaka, they were published by different companies

Either way, I'm happy that the manga was liscensed. I'm still getting my PMK-goodness.

EDIT: Speaking of mangas- if you guys haven't looked at the first few pages of SIPM recently, I suggest you do so. You'll understand much better now. But prepare to be depressed out of your mind. [spoiler]The scene implies Hijikata's death at Hokkaido, while Tetsu says some rather heart-wrenching lines about the Shinsengumi. Very poignant... they really should have began the series that way. *Wipes away tears*[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
Don't get your hopes up, but PMK [i]might[/i] be licensed. ^_^

[quote name='Anime On DVD][b]Anime Network Signs 24/7 Deal; PLUS - Licensing News! (12:41 PM EST):[/b'] The folks at the Anime Network have sent out their press release talking about their upcoming 24/7 linear deal that's been picked up by Insight Communications. Of interest is in the list of titles that will be show, they mention "Peacemaker", presumably Peacemaker Kurogane. This title is so far not officially listed as licensed, though there's some given speculation that ADV currently has it due to their manga deal with the Japanese publisher and various ties related to it. It's mentioned in context with a mix of ADV, Geneon and Right Stuf titles, so it's purely impossible to say and we prefer word directly from the studios themselves. While we do await a comment, we expect a "No Comment" at this time.[/quote]

This is obviously very exciting. I'm not exactly thrilled with all of ADV's releases--for example, the company don't always give fan favorites the treatment they deserve (the Azumanga Daioh anime comes to mind >_<). However, as long as PMK is released stateswide sometime in the not-too-distance future, I couldn't care less about who translates and distributes it. ADV dubs are usually quite competent and feature some of the best-loved voices in the industry. Now if only my house had The Anime Network...

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger IX1']Don't get your hopes up...[/quote]

*Hopes skyrocket*

YES! Ever since ADV liscenced the manga, I thought they might go for the anime as well. Although that news was a little vague, it has made my day ^__^

I will now proceed to scour the internet for more on this. If I find anything of interest, I'll edit this post.

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Before I say anything, hi, I'm a newb, and sorry for bumping up a slightly old thread.[/SIZE]

So can someone explain to a slightly confused fan such as myself what is going on here? Is ADV going to release some of the Kurogane manga (and nother else) or do they have the liscence for the entire Peacemaker phenomenon, SI and otherwise?

[SIZE=1]I mean, I'm reading it in wonderful scanlation form currently but if it was ever released I would like to buy the *entire* manga series, not just a section of the sequel, as much as owning a piece of Skanky-Screwy-Catwhore-Suzu is appealing and everything. You just need the rest of the bish to compliment him as well. Especially Hijikata and Okita :) [/SIZE]

From what I've read, ADV Manga only owns the rights to Peace Maker Kurogane, [i]not[/i] SIPM. Chances are that they've licensed the anime series as well... but so far no one has been able to confirm this, and the company is choosing to remain mute. I'm sure ADV would like to pick up SIPM; they really, really want to establish a firm foothold in the Tokyopop-dominated world of North American manga. Perhaps there are problems on the Japanese end of things--I have no idea. :/

~Dagger~

I think it's rather stupid for either Japanese or American companies to distribute the sequel to something without the first half.

Though, Dagger-dono I thought you said the Anime was licensed? And JazzLady and I had our hopes up and everything. ;_; heh jk jk.

I'm happier hearing the manga is coming out than the anime, only because I find the Manga art to be such beautiful line drawings I can't help but droooool... (At least in SIPM) and of course it's cheaper to buy. ^^;;
What about you guys? Would you be happier if just the Manga or just the Anime was being licensed?

-ArV

ps. If PMK gains a following like Inuyasha, PKMN, or YGO. WE WERE FIRST!! BWAHAHAHAHA

Hmm. I'd like the anime mostly, because living in a PAL territory (Australia) means that I would then have more of a chance of actually getting my hands on it. Right now, though I would like a real-version of the manga, I am content leeching scanlations of it online. I'm also sorta "meh" about a lot of professional translations these days. Even the ones that are REALLY good, are obviously not as good as the originals, which I find a lot of good scanlations are. For example, even though I love Tokyopop for being a darling and doing a good job on the Saiyuki manga, there's still some things about it I don't like about their translations (and some censorship). So yeah, I'm happier if it's the anime. But if a good version of the manga (the whole thing mind you, SI as well as Kuro') came out I would buy it. "Good" means unflipped, sound effects untranslated (it just ruins the art of the panels) and as little censorship/editing as possible, as well as decent printing and art inserts as well obviously.

Nanae Chrono's art makes me go ga-ga. It's interesting to see the change of artstyle between SI and Kuro' though. I personally like the SI style better, though I appreciate the Kurogane style more for its atmospheric reasons, being darker and all. Hmmm, that, and grownup-Catwhore-Suzu is a total babe -mmmmm lowcut pants- (/Suzu-fangirl mode) and the style of Kurogane is the ONLY place you could ever witness the hideous creepy freak that is Itou. *shudders* Ugh. She really captured the whole creepy-rapist-look with him.

[quote name='r2vq']Though, Dagger-dono I thought you said the Anime was licensed? And JazzLady and I had our hopes up and everything. ;_; heh jk jk.[/quote]

^_^; I'm still pretty confident that ADV does have the PMK anime, but since they accidentally let it slip in a press release intended to promote something [I]entirely[/I] different, we probably won't hear anything about the series for a while.

[quote name='Adora']For example, even though I love Tokyopop for being a darling and doing a good job on the Saiyuki manga...[/quote]

The accuracy of Tokyopop's translations varies greatly from editor to editor. Popular series like Tokyo Babylon and Saiyuki are generally treated well; lesser-known manga/manwha sometimes get the short end of the stick, at least when it comes to things like packaging and print quality.

So far, ADV's covers and color inserts appear to be as good as or better than the majority of Tokyopop's. Fans have been disappointed with some of their first few releases (such as Azumanga Daioh, which we discussed earlier in this thread), but I expect them to improve greatly by the time that PMK comes out. At the very least, I think they plan to release all of their manga unflipped.

EDIT: Whew, my info was correct. ADV [i]has[/i] licensed PMK (along with the sequel to Full Metal Panic! and a couple of other series).

~Dagger~

You beat me to the punch again, Dagger ^__^

Indeed, Peacemaker has been liscensed by ADV. While I'm a bit apprehensive (I've had mixed feelings about the way they've handled some other good animes; their dubs haven't always been up to par, but some of them are quite good) I'm absolutely thrilled that it's been liscensed. I cannot wait to buy my lovely, shiny box set. If I'm not mistaken, ADV is the one with the great art boxes? *Twitches with joy*

By the way, Adora, Itou is a nasty, nasty man. [spoiler]He seems to like his Hijikata submissive, which rather disturbes me. The dog collar fantasy will give me nightmares for a long, long time. Fan... *twitch*[/spoiler]

And r2vq, we are the old school fans. Nobody can outdo us ^__^ And I've got my Sakamoto Ryouma biography to back me up on this one (although I'm two steps behind you guys in reading it -_-)

Behind me?

XD Heck I don't have a bio on Ryouma. *cough*internet*cough* lol

[quote name='adora']I personally like the SI style better, though I appreciate the Kurogane style more for its atmospheric reasons, being darker and all.[/quote]
I agree with this totally the most I possibly can.

Um... ANN only announced ADV's licensing of PMK yesterday.
ADV Films has also licensed the following (link to ANN)
[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=2[/url]

:\ Judging from the series on this list that I've watched, I'm fear that ADV may change things. Well...
Since we know it's ADV that licensed it, does anyone know if the DVD releases will have original tracks and uncut?

-ArV