OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

[color=crimson] Much appreciated. The primary focus of getting the link back up was the OB to MyO link, so now that it's working, I'm happy.

If you can get the MyO to OB link to work as well, that's just be fantastic, icing on the cake. I'm not too worried about it though.

Thanks again to all helpers and prob. solvers.[/color]

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4b0082']You forgot to put in the new myOtaku username along with the ID number[/color][/quote] [color=Blue]I completely missed the myOtaku username field. Oops... Oh well, it's working now so all is well. To get the other link to work, I think you'd probably have to contact Adam or Justin.

Oh, and Des, to get the myOtaku ID, go to the person's page and hover over (or copy the shortcut of) the add friend link. The number at the end of that link is the ID.
[/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I'm having a problem with myOtaku account. It happened today when I was changing my theme. For some reason it won't let me change my user picture. It tells me that the my image has uploaded but when I go to my main page it's still the old one. >_< If anyone could take a look and tell me where I messed up I'd really appreciate since I really want to change the picture to match my new theme. [/COLOR]

Hey Aaryanna!

The picture I see is the same as the background. A very cute bichon picture with hearts.

Sometimes the old picture stays in the browser memory and if you reload or quit then go back to your site it will prompt the browser to load the new picture. My site has done that a few times and when I leave myO, visit another site like the OB, then go back it will have the newly uploaded picture.

Hope that helps!

[QUOTE=Panda]Hey Aaryanna!

The picture I see is the same as the background. A very cute bichon picture with hearts.

Sometimes the old picture stays in the browser memory and if you reload or quit then go back to your site it will prompt the browser to load the new picture. My site has done that a few times and when I leave myO, visit another site like the OB, then go back it will have the newly uploaded picture.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]My firefox browser won't show the new picture. >_< But after what you said I went to Internet Explorer and it does show it. I tried reloading the firefox browser and it didn't work so I thought it was my account.

I'm glad to know it wasn't my account. ^_^ Thanks for your help Panda. Hehe, now I just have to figure out why my firefox isn't working right. Guess that means I should go to their website and see if I'm missing any updates. Thanks again! ^_^

EDIT: I just went to their site and it suggested clearing my private data, I did it and I can see the new picture now. ^_^ Thanks again Panda! *HUG!*[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Just for future reference, an easier way of solving this type of problem is to hold in the Shift key while you click the Reload button. Doing that makes Firefox reload the page entirely from the server, forcing it to load the new image and replace the old one in your cache.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]That's all you should have to do. It should load and play the song after you select one in the drop-down menu.

If you're using IE, you need to have the "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins," and "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting," options both enabled under the Security tab of the Internet Options menu in order for it to work. Though as far as I can tell, it just won't work in Firefox at all.[/color]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]That Jukebox is simple Javascript. ActiveX shouldn't be required to make it work at all. I know mine works fine in IE, and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with what I have those settings set to. You do however need to have Javascript enabled for it to work.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]As for Firefox, I've always had problems with music-related things in Firefox. It doesn't seem to like Javascript too much and no matter how many times I install QuickTime, it always tells me that I need to install it again so I've given up on it in Firefox. The only suggestion I have in this case is to use IE if you want to make the Jukebox work. Come to think of it though, I don't remember how to change Javascript settings in IE so the only thing I can say here is to make sure you have the most recent version.[/color][/font]

[color=#4B0082]That's what I thought as well, but when I went to test it out in IE (I normally keep all the ActiveX settings disabled), it didn't work. So I narrowed it down to those two settings needing to be enabled, though obviously JavaScript needs to be enabled as well. Which I think is included in the "Active Scripting" option, also in the Security tab.

Myself, I have the QuickTime plug-in installed in Firefox, and midis/mp3s play fine through embed tags and even just by opening them in the browser, so I know that's not a problem. My only two guesses would be that either the JavaScript used for the Jukebox is simply incompatible with Firefox, or that it's something funky with ActiveX that Firefox doesn't support. If it's maybe trying to bypass the need for a plug-in such as QuickTime to play the midis, I could see why it would use ActiveX.[/color]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Nah, I think that Firefox is just a little iffy with Javascript. With SP2 installed, it would warn you if the script were trying to use an ActiveX control and more importantly, trying to install one.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]My problem with Firefox is that no matter how many times I try, it refuses to see QuickTime as installed, even though it clearly is. What did you do to get it to work (if anything)?[/color][/font]

[color=#4B0082]Well, I have Windows 2000 with SP4. And when I try to load the Jukebox with the "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" option disabled, it gives me this warning: "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." So IE certainly thinks there's something going on with ActiveX, at least for me.

As for getting QuickTime to work in Firefox, I just installed QuickTime and during the installation checked the box to install its plug-in in Firefox along with IE. I've never had any trouble getting it to work in Firefox.[/color]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Hmm... I stand corrected. I finally remembered where those settings were and turned them off. Low and behold, the Jukebox stopped working and gave the same error. That really doesn't make any sense though as I don't see ActiveX being implemented anywhere. Maybe it's the way the script to run it is written? I've got an idea I'll play with and see if that's the case.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]And I've done what you said in the QuickTime install but FireFox still refuses to see it as installed.[/color][/font]

[b][font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Edit:[/color][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Okay so I went and tried it with my own script (which is actually the one I sent to you a while back Des) and it does work with ActiveX disabled. The only thing I have to figure out how to do now is make it work in Firefox.[/color][/font]

[b][font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Edit 2:[/color][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]After playing around with my script a bit, I have it working in IE, Firefox, and even Opera. If you'd like it, send me a PM or find me online or something along those lines, though I believe it's Adam who will have to make the changes.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Oh, and QuickTime seems to be working for me in Firefox now too so all is well. For some reason, it still doesn't work on OB though. It works anywhere else I try it, just not on the Jukebox here.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]There is one interesting thing I did realize though. You do need to have the Run ActiveX Controls part enabled but not because of the Javascript. It's because that option controls not only ActiveX but plug-ins, like QuickTime and Media Player, as well. It still appears to work without enabling the Scripting option though.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Yeah, I sent an email a little while ago though I don't see it being of any extreme importance. It would also fix the same problem on theOtaku and the music playback on myOtaku sites though. Oh well, we'll see where it goes from here.[/color][/font]

I tried to log in to MyOtaku but it shows this:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 48

Notice: Query failed: in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_result.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_result.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 48

Notice: Query failed: in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_result.php on line 14

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php:47) in /home/theotaku/public_html/my/includes/my_functions.php on line 30

Why is it doing this? :animecry:

[color=darkblue][size=1]It's not just you, sug.

Methinks that it might be work on the servers that's either in progress or has already been done and gone awry, but either way, it will ultimately be fixed. We'll just have to have patience.[/color][/size]

Here's the latest post from the [url=http://www.theotaku.com/][u]front page[/u][/url], which pretty much explains it.

[quote name='Adam']One of our servers had a hard drive failure today. Fortunately it was just a slave server, so no actual data was lost. Unfortunately this was the only server we had without protection against a hard drive failure. As a result all myOtaku sites and much of theOtaku is inaccessible. This is just really terrible luck. Bear with us please.[/quote]
To echo what Lady Katana said: patience, grasshopper. ;)

EDIT: Whoops, Panda beat me to it. :animeswea

~Dagger~

Guest Vanessa.k
I can't get wallpapers how do I get them. The first time I joined I could get wallpapers now I can't. But I noticed there was a number beside my name. that means how many wallpapers I can get or whatever. Anyways I guess I got all I can get but I want more..How do I get more wallpapers?

[font=Verdana][size=2]Today I was not able to get to the front part of MyOtaku site. When I pushed My Site it just brought me to a plain white page. There was nothing on it. When I pushed Back it said that the server could not be found. Why did this happen? I thought that myOtaku was fixed. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]When it was fixed last night, it was a temporary fix. They could be finishing up the fix now or it may just be traffic issues because all connections are being routed to one server at the moment. Either way, just give it some time. It will be fixed soon enough.[/color][/font]