OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

Can someone explain to me what's going on with the popularity rankings? When you're on the main MyO page, I (as well as all my friends I've asked) just see "unavailable" under "popularity ranking". What I really want to know is why no one's brought it up yet...

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#4B0082]The popularity ranking script was slowing down the Backroom page too much, so Adam took it down. He made a [url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/adam/posts/835957][u]post[/u][/url] about it on his myOtaku page a few days ago.[/color]

[quote name='PaganAngel']Can someone explain to me what's going on with the popularity rankings? When you're on the main MyO page, I (as well as all my friends I've asked) just see "unavailable" under "popularity ranking". What I really want to know is why no one's brought it up yet...[/quote]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Largely because noone cares.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Largely because noone cares.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]
Yeah, I didn't care much either... I already knew my rank was somewhere around "#really really low" anyway. It was just my OCD kicking in. And thanks, Desbreko, for the explanation.

Hello all! I have a question...when setting up tags for wallpapers lately I've noticed when I actually chose the tag I get an odd error. When I click on the tag I've chosen and they show 1-whatever pages...I can see the wallpapers on page one just fine. However when I try to go to page 2 I get an error stating:

An Error Has Occured
This tag doesn't have any wallpapers! Why not be the first to submit one?

Hmm obviously there are wallpapers for this tag but its not letting me set it up.

Also is there any official list of tags so that we can submit them to the tag hubs? I've noticed that for example Ouran High School Host Club the tag hub is actually just set up under Ouran not under the series full name. Is there any way to find out what the target hubs are without just experimenting?

Thanks for all the help!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]With the pop. rankings, I noticed, but didn't get a chance to bring it up. I was so close to being in the top 500, too......now I'll just have to keep checking. :animeangr

With the wps, I'm not sure what's going on with that, but when I try to upload some of mine, it shows up that there hasn't been a wallpaper selected yet - for a bunch of them! I can't figure out why....[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, my second complaint on one page? I'm such a nuisance...

So here's my beef. I just logged onto MyO for like the first time in two weeks, and it said I had 4 new PMs. I checked my inbox and it showed only 3. Even now I can't find the enigmatic 4th PM, it still says I have one unread. Can someone please help? I was expecting a pretty important message, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]That happens to me sometimes as well. Try checking all the pages in your inbox - when we had the problems with our messages, old ones would be coming in on back pages. So, say you have a 'new' message, but you can't find it on the first page. Try looking on later pages.

Other than that, maybe the site or your comp is messing up?? I really have no idea.......[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Anime Pet][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]That happens to me sometimes as well. Try checking all the pages in your inbox - when we had the problems with our messages, old ones would be coming in on back pages. So, say you have a 'new' message, but you can't find it on the first page. Try looking on later pages.

Other than that, maybe the site or your comp is messing up?? I really have no idea.......[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

No luck, it's not on any of the pages, and I even tried pulling it up on a different computer. Holy frustration...

I tried to send a PM to someone on myOtaku and got this lovely error message after clicking Send...

[quote]
Notice: Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't so unreal compared to the other things you see in anime, and in /home2/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 64

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php:64) in /home2/theotaku/public_html/my/includes/my_functions.php on line 30[/quote]

Does this mean that my message didn't get through? I thought all the errors for PMing had been fixed already...

Hi, sorry if this has already been answered or if it is in the wrong place, but I'm having problems logging into myOtaku.

When I log in, it says I've logged in and everything, but then it redirects me back to the MyOtaku log in page.

But more annoyingly, if I go to theOtaku, it says I'm logged in :animestun . I've tried clicking on the backroom link from there, but its still taking me to the MyOtaku login page.

I've got cookies enabled, I cleared my browser's cache, and I tried logging out of theOtaku and then trying to log into myOtaku again, it still hasn't worked. I'm stumped. I do have a firewall, but I've got it set to allow cookies, so I really don't know whats going on. I also tried restarting my computer, but it didn't work.

If you can help I will appreciate it. I've got IE version 6 if that makes any difference, although I've tried it in Firefox and its not working either. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest icebox270534
Ok, I have a problem too... I really didn't know where to post this and I guess this is the right place?
One user has stole one of my wallpapers.
Here is the link to his wallpaper:[url]http://wallpapers.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=108401[/url]
Here is the link to mine:[url]http://wallpapers.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=98193[/url]
I want to say that if someone thinks that I might be the thief, well I must say that I never did such a thing in my life, also I am a Senior Otaku and I've got the same user stealing another user's wallpaper on the same category.
Well what should I do now?

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Report the wallpaper. In the expanded information area just below it there is a link that says Report Wallpaper. Fill out the information it requests, be sure to provide the link to your wallpaper (just like you did here) as proof and it will be dealt with. [/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
:animeswea Sorry if this isn't where this post belongs,but....
I've searched google,the OB,and about everywhere.I've looked at the sites suggested in other threads too.However,I cannot get my layout to come up on my site.It only covers one part,or appears in a mini version.The layout is big enough by the way..So I guess what I really would like to know is:Where exactly do you put your code to have it show up as your new site layout?Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='kitsune899']Oh,ok.Well,some sites say put it into your profile,and that doesn't work for me.It comes up just in the profile.Not only that,with the word limit it cuts my code some.Some sites saymess with your styles,and that just confused me.So,I'm just trying to find out where to put my code so it shows up full and useable on my site.Thanks! :animesmil[/quote]
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear with what I needed.You see,I have the coding right,I just need to know where in my backroom(be it profile,or poststyles)to put the code.Either way,the text shows up where it should,but the actual background layout part(the picture)just shrinks to fit in the profile or post style(depending on where I put it).What I'm I doing wrong?Thanks!!^^

[color=#4B0082]Well, it depends on what you're trying to do with the code. Without knowing what it's supposed to do we can't really tell you where to put it. If you could post the code you're trying to use and where exactly on your page you want it to show up then we could probably help you.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Well, it depends on what you're trying to do with the code. Without knowing what it's supposed to do we can't really tell you where to put it. If you could post the code you're trying to use and where exactly on your page you want it to show up then we could probably help you.[/color][/quote]
Oh,ok!Gomen!

xmasweb

Write your text and content here

Write your text and content here

[color=#4B0082]Okay, the first problem is that that's a stand alone web page. It's not something you can insert into your myOtaku page. With myOtaku you can edit the existing layout with HTML and CSS but you can't replace it with a whole other page.

Second, it's using relative links for its images which won't work when putting an image on your myOtaku page. Since the images are being loaded remotely (and not off the same servers as the myOtaku page itself), all images need to use their full URL.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Okay, the first problem is that that's a stand alone web page. It's not something you can insert into your myOtaku page. With myOtaku you can edit the existing layout with HTML and CSS but you can't replace it with a whole other page.

Second, it's using relative links for its images which won't work when putting an image on your myOtaku page. Since the images are being loaded remotely (and not off the same servers as the myOtaku page itself), all images need to use their full URL.[/color][/QUOTE]
Oh,ok.The links I know about.I accidently posted the old layout with those links,I have the URL linked one.
But about only editing with CSS/HTML.Does this mean I can only use the profile to change the background and such?I'm sorry,but I don't understand.I know how to work CSS and such,but I'm not sure about how to use it on MyO to have the layout change!!

[color=#4B0082]You can actually change quite a bit of the layout with just CSS, if you look through the page's source code and find what you want to tweak. [url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/baron_samedi/][u]Baron's page[/u][/url] is the most extreme example of editing the layout that I've seen.

To actually use CSS on myOtaku you just need to place the CSS code in your introduction. While not technically correct, you can insert style tags like you normally would in the <[i][/i]head[i][/i]> section of a web page and it'll work, to edit sections of the page not available through the Edit Style settings. One tweak I've used on [url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/desbreko][u]my page[/u][/url], for example, is adding a background image to the navigation column by overriding the .navbar styles.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]You can actually change quite a bit of the layout with just CSS, if you look through the page's source code and find what you want to tweak. [url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/baron_samedi/][u]Baron's page[/u][/url] is the most extreme example of editing the layout that I've seen.

To actually use CSS on myOtaku you just need to place the CSS code in your introduction. While not technically correct, you can insert style tags like you normally would in the <[i][/i]head[i][/i]> section of a web page and it'll work, to edit sections of the page not available through the Edit Style settings. One tweak I've used on [url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/desbreko][u]my page[/u][/url], for example, is adding a background image to the navigation column by overriding the .navbar styles.[/color][/QUOTE]
Oh,well,I'm actually trying to get alook similar to [URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/hardluckwoman/]Hardluck Woman[/URL].Is that all CSS?I'm sorry 'bout all the questions!!

Also,I had a friend help me!!Here is the code now!And a link to [URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/kitsune-lass/]My Site[/URL] .Here is the code:[CODE]

background="http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/kitsune-lass/bottom_02.jpg" alignment="left">

You can call me: Charlene

Birthday: February 5th, 1989

AIM Name: kitsune-lass

Yahoo Messanger: manga899

$body$

This text scrolls every half second

[/CODE]