OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

Anime Pet: Are you still having problems with the site shutting down on you? We haven't been having any troubles on our end with servers. It may be something with your individual computer. Please let me know if you are still having trouble accessing the site.

Grey Wolf Tsume: That is quite unusual and definitely a first for me to hear about. I am assuming that your screen name here is the same as over on theO. Using the main page of theO as the starting point as an example. You should see in the upper left corner under the banner for theOtaku.com a menu bar that runs the lenght of the left side. It's similar to what we have here on the OB. It should look similar to this when you are signed in under that main banner:

[b]Welcome, Gray Wolf Tsume.[/b]
[list]
[*][u]Site Backroom
[*]Log Out[/u]
[/list]

If you are signed in the link to the Site Backroom should take you to your backroom. While checking the account with the above user name it shows that the site is turned off so unless you change the option to have your Site Status "On" then your site will not be open for people to visit. From the administrator backroom your site looks like everything should be working correctly. If you are still having trouble accessing your backroom please let me know. :animesmil

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]It still happens occasionally. I've virus-scanned the sucker, but nothing is showing up. I won't be surprised if it is my computer, since the thing is insane, but I'll let you know if it gets worse. It seems to have gotten a little better. :animeswea [/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest ILoveRockLee
Late yesterday evening I added a post on my MyO page. Since then, no one including me has been able to view my posts. My page has gone haywire!! Does anyone have any suggestions or know someone I could ask about this? Thnx much!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gray Wolf Tsume
[QUOTE=Panda]Anime Pet: Are you still having problems with the site shutting down on you? We haven't been having any troubles on our end with servers. It may be something with your individual computer. Please let me know if you are still having trouble accessing the site.

Grey Wolf Tsume: That is quite unusual and definitely a first for me to hear about. I am assuming that your screen name here is the same as over on theO. Using the main page of theO as the starting point as an example. You should see in the upper left corner under the banner for theOtaku.com a menu bar that runs the lenght of the left side. It's similar to what we have here on the OB. It should look similar to this when you are signed in under that main banner:

[b]Welcome, Gray Wolf Tsume.[/b]
[list]
[*][u]Site Backroom
[*]Log Out[/u]
[/list]

If you are signed in the link to the Site Backroom should take you to your backroom. While checking the account with the above user name it shows that the site is turned off so unless you change the option to have your Site Status "On" then your site will not be open for people to visit. From the administrator backroom your site looks like everything should be working correctly. If you are still having trouble accessing your backroom please let me know. :animesmil[/QUOTE]

well the one that i'm having problems with is SILK&RICE on the Otaku. it's not really mine but my friends and since they don't have an account here on OtakuBoards they asked me to help fix the problem. my account, Gray Wolf Tsume, works beautifully, but SILK&RICE doesn't have a backroom and my friend told me that he has 3 PMs and he can't get them --' he said that when he tries to follow the link to his Otaku page, the log in page comes up and says "The user profile you were trying to access is currently turned off." how can he turn it on?

~Tsumeato~

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I had been wandering why my PM board is having a bug or something. It sez that I have 1 PM dated DECEMBER 31, 2006. But when I looked in my PM board, it's not there!

Is there a virus or a bug in my PM board???

Can someone help me in this problem??? It must have no PM on my messaging box. Please make an action ASAP on removing the notice of 1 prvate messaging. I really don't have one new PM for months. T_T :animecry:[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I hope this hasn't already been asked ( I didn't see it anywhere, but I make mistakes too)

I just joined and I am really really confused. Is my account with this site and my account with MyOtaku supposed to be connected somehow? Or am I just smoking crack? I joined MyOtaku first and then followed the link here, only to find out that my sign in info didn't work here. I made an account here, but I am really confused. :animeswea

Thanks in advance,

Jeska

[color=#4B0082]OtakuBoards accounts and myOtaku accounts are separate, so you have to create one for each. You can, however, link your accounts by clicking the Edit Options link over in the left navigation column and then following the [url=http://www.myotaku.com/account/otakuboards/][u]Attach myOtaku Account[/u][/url] link a little farther down. This will put a link to your OtakuBoards profile on your myOtaku page and also put a link to your myOtaku page under your name in the postbit whenever you post on OtakuBoards.[/color]

Guest endlessinsanity
Could someone tell me how to remove the sidebar and just about everything else on my profile page so i can customize it and where to put the code. All help wiil be appreciated.

• 2 months later...
uhh...here's my problem that im having...i just currently put a textbox css into my edit profile box and saved it. Then i went to my site to see that it wasnt the way that i wanted it to be, so i went back to edit the textbox to find out when i deleted the link it and click on the save button it doesnt want to save any changes to that page. NOTHING i mean nothing wants to save not my bf html, not my hobbies or anything. The box is reading that i still have 1500 words left when i know that the css that i have is taken over half of the box.
Can anyone help me?

• 1 month later...
Guest kuramas_foxy_ro
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]OtakuBoards accounts and myOtaku accounts are separate, so you have to create one for each. You can, however, link your accounts by clicking the Edit Options link over in the left navigation column and then following the [url=http://www.myotaku.com/account/otakuboards/][u]Attach myOtaku Account[/u][/url] link a little farther down. This will put a link to your OtakuBoards profile on your myOtaku page and also put a link to your myOtaku page under your name in the postbit whenever you post on OtakuBoards.[/color][/QUOTE]

Is the not where I ask about the problems from myOtaku account, then? I just have two problems with a quiz I made... I can't find it anywhere and I need to make the title to be more specific on which gender the love interests were made for.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='kuramas_foxy_ro']Is the not where I ask about the problems from myOtaku account, then? I just have two problems with a quiz I made... I can't find it anywhere and I need to make the title to be more specific on which gender the love interests were made for.[/QUOTE]It really depends on the problem you are experiencing. As to whether you would post here or use the [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/site/contact/"][U]Contact Us[/U][/URL] form over at theOtaku.

Now as for the quizzes I can help you with that question. But to do so I need more information than what you have given so far. Was the quiz in question already approved? Because if it hasn't I can tell you that currently there are no quizzes waiting for approval.

If it has yet to be approved yet then you'll need to resubmit it. Keep in mind that good clear images as well as descriptions on the results with correct spelling is a must. If it was at one time approved and it's now missing... it is unfortunate, but a while ago when the site experienced issues some quizzes were lost. If your's was one of those quizzes simply resubmit it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]yo. Is it possible for anyone to submit reviews of dvds/manga to [B]theOtaku[/B]? If so, how do I do it?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]No, it is not possible, the article and reviews section of theOtaku was retired well over a year ago and to the best of my knowledge there are no plans to revive it.

However, you can always write some up for the Otaku Times since it does have a reviews section that is just waiting on a member to write one. ;)
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No, it is not possible, the article and reviews section of theOtaku was retired well over a year ago and to the best of my knowledge there are no plans to revive it.

However, you can always write some up for the Otaku Times since it does have a reviews section that is just waiting on a member to write one. ;)
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]oi. I had thought those reviews were being taken from theO or whatever. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]oi. I had thought those reviews were being taken from theO or whatever. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]They are, but they are only reviews of new dvd releases that Panda writes up. Shes one of the site administrators over there. Doing reviews of actual series or other stuff isn't done anymore. Or rather other than the one's on new releases that Panda does, members can't submit any to the site. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 5 months later...
[quote name='noirassasin']okay. so my private message is saying that i have two unread pms but i when i go to look there arent any. :animeangr[/QUOTE]

I think that's either a problem with the site's cache or your computer's. Try holding shift or ctrl while reloading the page.

In other news, the exact same thing has happened to me on this site and has been that way since a few months ago when Raiha and I got in a PM war. Fix plz?

[quote name='noirassasin']okay. so my private message is saying that i have two unread pms but i when i go to look there arent any. :animeangr[/QUOTE]Since you posted in the thread for issues with myOtaku, I'm going to assume that these ghost pm's are with your myOtaku account. In which case you'll want to go here to report the issue: [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/site/contact/"][U]Contact[/U][/URL]

If you are talking about here at OtakuBoards, then I would suggest pming either Dagger or Desbreko for assistance.

[quote name='Aceburner']In other news, the exact same thing has happened to me on this site and has been that way since a few months ago when Raiha and I got in a PM war. Fix plz?[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I'll look into it, but this came up once before and I couldn't find any way to fix it then so I can't make any promises.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I seem to have developed a problem on MyO recently where I'm unable to use the comment function. I've tried clearing my cache to no avail, any help would be very appreciated.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]It has to do with the upcoming release of Version Vibrant. For the moment the two sites are semi separated or something like that. So you have to log in at [url]www.theOtaku.com[/url] in order for commenting to work. If you simply log in via [url]www.myOtaku.com[/url] then the comments don't work, for now. [/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]It has to do with the upcoming release of Version Vibrant. For the moment the two sites are semi separated or something like that. So you have to log in at [url]www.theOtaku.com[/url] in order for commenting to work. If you simply log in via [url]www.myOtaku.com[/url] then the comments don't work, for now. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yep, did the trick, heh. ^_^; Thanks Crys, and Mimmi on MyO for the help.[/SIZE]