OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

Guest v son sayian
I've been having a problem lately. Some times when I make comments on people's posts or when I sign a guestbook my message keeps getting cut off. Is there some word limit or summet that I don't know about? can anyone tell me why this keeps happening?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1][COLOR=DimGray]Are you using a lot of these smilies? >.> <.<, etc? Sometimes when you use those the system will mistake them for HTML code and cut your comment or guestbook entry off. Just something I've noticed, though. Other than that I don't know of any word limit on comments or guestbook entries.[/COLOR][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Less than half the pms I send via MyO show up in the sent items folder, and only about half of those are actually recieved by the intended. Why is that so?

And I have a problem about editing comments in my O, when I am logged in. It says I dont have sufficient authority or whatnot.

Much thanks =)

• 3 weeks later...
[color=#503f86]I recently added in some paragraphs of text into my introduction. Upon checking my site to see if it had worked okay, I noticed that things weren't quite right with the end of it- the date had become part of a broken link that I used to have displayed. I wondered if I'd just lumped in too much text or something but when I went back to 'Edit Profile', I found that all of the individual options underneath the introduction box had disappeared and had been tacked onto the bottom of the intro text as HTML; favourite animes, hobbies, achievements, everything.

I know it's something I've done to it; would someone mind giving me a hand to sort it out, please? Sorry to be a problem, heh.[/color]

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]You ran out of characters. The character limit is 1500 and basically, the end of it just got cut off, and it happened to be in the middle of a linking code. Since the character limit is inclusive to both coding and noncoding text, there's nothing that can be done except shortening your intro, heh.

(funny)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Boba Fett][color=green]I'm curious as to if there are any future plans to allow comments from people without MyO accounts.

I'd like to see that become an option at some point.

<.<[/color][/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, we will not allow guests to post comments or have access to other similar activities. The way our system is developed currently wouldn't allow it, and it would also limits the amount of control we have over comments to barely nothing.

And of course, it would take away from people registering their own account :)

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][font=book antiqua][size=2][color=blue]You ran out of characters. The character limit is 1500 and basically, the end of it just got cut off, and it happened to be in the middle of a linking code. Since the character limit is inclusive to both coding and noncoding text, there's nothing that can be done except shortening your intro, heh.

(funny)[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE] [COLOR=#503F86]The point is that I can't do that: the options and 'Submit Changes' button have all disappeared from underneath the intro text box in my 'Edit Profile' page. So even if I do edit the text, there's nothing I can do to save it. [i]That's[/i] the problem.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]The point is that I can't do that: the options and 'Submit Changes' button have all disappeared from underneath the intro text box in my 'Edit Profile' page. So even if I do edit the text, there's nothing I can do to save it. [i]That's[/i'] the problem.[/color][/quote]
I manually fixed your introduction and remove the last few characters that would've caused the problem. I should be able to provide more of a way to prevent this from happening in the future, or some kind of 'Safe Mode' to edit ones' site heh. :cool:

Hi there! i've been haveing troble with myotaku account ever since the redeisgn (p?) of the main site. My profile info page only has the introduction on it, and thats all. There isn't even a "save changes button"!! I can't change anything now. Is this the same for everyone or just me? Could somone fix it for me? Everything is gone but the intro...

EDIT:..hmmm..guess I'm not the only one..

[QUOTE=Anime Empress]Hi there! i've been haveing troble with myotaku account ever since the redeisgn (p?) of the main site. My profile info page only has the introduction on it, and thats all. There isn't even a "save changes button"!! I can't change anything now. Is this the same for everyone or just me? Could somone fix it for me? Everything is gone but the intro...

EDIT:..hmmm..guess I'm not the only one..[/QUOTE]
Problem fixed, however you will have to re-add the bottom portion if your bio again. Also, you need to make sure you do not go over the character limit when you use HTML or it will happen again.

• 3 weeks later...
I've had this problem for almost two months now, so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone can help.

I have an unread ghost message that I can neither read nor delete. Could someone help get rid of this message? Here are a few low quality screencaps to illustrate the problem.

Picture 1 shows the Backroom alert that I have an unread PM.

Picture 2 shows the list of messages in my box, noting that I have 1 unread message, but not showing that PM in the list.

Picture 3 shows what happens when I try to access that unread message by opening the link to it in a new tab.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=lea] I have a problem about editing comments in my O, when I am logged in. It says I dont have sufficient authority or whatnot.

Much thanks =)[/QUOTE]

I still have that problem, about editing comments. Seems other people can edit their own, in my O, but I cant delete them myself. *shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='AzureWolf][FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]I can now say that I too am a proud owner of a non-existent PM. I imagine the big upgrade Adam hinted at is going to fix everything?[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

Yeah, right. I don't think they care about this issue. I guess they figure it's something we can put up with. I've been emailing about it since Novemeber, and I've got nada, no email, no PM about the problem, nothing. At least, I'm no longer alone in my need for a PM exorcist.

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Gray Underpants, chill out a little bit. They were doing a huge server upgrade, and on their priority list, PM troubles are probably at the bottom. It's not like that invisible PM is hurting you or anything, so it's really not a big deal. Still, it would be nice if it wasn't there, but I'll live if it stays.

And they are capable of removing the PM. They've done it before. I think they aren't doing anything individually because they are trying the source rather than just keep fixing everyone's account one-by-one.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest TheMouse
OK, Panda has recommended I post this issue in this forum rather than the technical support forum. Sorry, I'm fairly new here.

I'm trying to find out if there is some sort of issue going on with the hit count on our myO sites? For instance, last night I updated and my visit count was at 75. This morning my count was at 76, but I had 4 comments posted from different people. The math just isn't adding up here. It's not that big of a deal but perhaps I don't fully understand yet what constitutes a "visit".

Any ideas here are appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Gray Underpants']Yeah, I'm pretty much over it by now (been about three months :D ). I don't know if the issue will get resolved, but it seems clear that PM issues aren't terribly debilitating to Otaku access and utility. I'm just pouting, not sulking. :D[/quote]
I'll have a fix for this in our next batch of myOtaku updates (hopefully soon...).

There is a lot of changes being made to both (theOtaku/myOtaku) sites overall. A lot of the bugs mentioned here [i]have[/i] been fixed, but are just not made "public" yet. So yeh, just hold off for now ;)