OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

[center][i][font=Century Gothic][color=navy]Some of the midis on Myotaku don't work for me. That annoying "your browser does not support this feature" sign keeps popping in and out. But it is only a few. When I try it on another computer, The same ones that worked work, and the ones that don't work.... Don't work! Any reason?[/color][/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=Century Gothic][color=#000080][/color][/font][/i] [/center]
[center][i][font=Century Gothic][color=#000080]Edited, XD Didn't see that typo![/color][/font][/i][/center]

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm... I tried changing my picture in MyO, and absolutely nothing happened. It says that the image was succesfully changed, but when i check my site, it's still te old one. :animestun Suppose anyone could remedy this problem?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]*Note: I accidentally posted this in the suggestions thread, i meant for this one...
AzureWolf said something about clearing a browser's cache... that means nothing to me.[/COLOR]

[quote name='boxybrown305][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']AzureWolf said something about clearing a browser's cache... that means nothing to me.[/COLOR][/quote] [COLOR=blue]*raises brow* By means nothing to you, do you mean you don't understand what I mean, or that it's absolutely irrelevant? What browser are you using? There should be an options section for any browser, and a "clear cache" button should be there (it might be called "delete private data" or "delete temporary files").[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]You're quite welcome, boxybrown! ^^

I recently switched to Opera, but I've been having trouble accessing certain myOtaku's. At first I thought it was all the fancy coding done by [url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/baron_samedi/]Baron's myO[/url], but now, [url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/sara/]Sara's myO[/url] is doing the same thing.

While it's not a pressing problem since I can just hop onto another web browser, I'm wondering if it's repeatable on other Opera web browsers (and if that's the case, what exactly is the matter).[/COLOR]

[size=1]I've been logged out and cannot log back in. When I try to retrieve password it says that my username is jblessing, and gives me a password that doesn't work on my name or Justin's. Bit annoying =\

As a side note, I got logged off of [url=http://www.dead-seraphim.net/forum]Alan's forums[/url] too, but logged back on there.[/size]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]I've been logged out and cannot log back in. When I try to retrieve password it says that my username is jblessing, and gives me a password that doesn't work on my name or Justin's. Bit annoying =\

As a side note, I got logged off of [url="http://www.dead-seraphim.net/forum"]Alan's forums[/url] too, but logged back on there.[/size][/QUOTE]
The 'jblessing' portion has been fixed. Try to get a new password again (remember you have to click the link in the e-mail, or copy/paste, and THEN you'll get an e-mail w/ the new pass).

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Just wanted to drop in here and let everyone know of a major bug fix today.

Those who had "Ghost PMs" in which you had an unread private message, but was no where to be found... or you had a read private message that could not be found... I have fixed this issue. You'll be able to see these hidden PMs now, and the Author of them will be denoted as "Guest".

This problem existed because when a user deletes their account, their private messages remain in the database. I should have a fix for that soon enough as well, but I wanted to get the "Ghost PM" thing fixed so that I could stop manually fixing it.

Enjoy. Let me know if you see any problems arise as a result of this.

Guest zelgar
I was just wondering what was up with the E-cards. Recently I havenot been able to see the text written to me, all I get is the pic. Is there a reason to this?

[quote name='zelgar']I was just wondering what was up with the E-cards. Recently I havenot been able to see the text written to me, all I get is the pic. Is there a reason to this?[/quote]

The problem has been addressed and fixed. Some cards were lost in the process of doing this, however.

Any cards sent from now on won't suffer these issues.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=#004a6f]I personally like to use an mp3 for my page, but this takes up quite a bit of bandwidth. It shouldn't be a problem though, considering that not everyone plays the music anyway. However, the music is automatically downloaded simply when one visits my page, even if they don't turn on the music. This really hurts my bandwidth limit. Is their a way to stop the music from being downloaded before it is turned on?

Edit: Oh and can you please let the midi player work for wmv files? The midi button doesn't even show up when I try this.[/COLOR]

[center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkred]For some odd reason, I am unable to post comments =\ When I go to [/color][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]open a comment, all I get, is what has already been put there[/color][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000](or if no comments are there it only gives me a blank sheet)[/color][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]but simply put, there is no box for me to post a comment.[/color][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]Does anyone else get this issue?[/color][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]is it a new system or something? -I doubt it [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/grumble.gif[/img]-[/color][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]¿If someone knows something about this will they please tell me? [/color][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000](Please and thankyou >_<)[/color][/font][/center]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f]I personally like to use an mp3 for my page, but this takes up quite a bit of bandwidth. It shouldn't be a problem though, considering that not everyone plays the music anyway. However, the music is automatically downloaded simply when one visits my page, even if they don't turn on the music. This really hurts my bandwidth limit. Is their a way to stop the music from being downloaded before it is turned on?

Edit: Oh and can you please let the midi player work for wmv files? The midi button doesn't even show up when I try this.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Convert the files using [URL=http://www.imtoo.com/mpeg-encoder.html]this.[/URL]

I've been having a few problems accessing the comments options.

I'm sure it's not my settings as I've tried this on a couple of different comnputers. The page either cannot be found, using IE, or I get the pop-up telling me the document contains no data (FireFox)

Are the comments systems unstable at the moment? sometimes it loads the commnets but doesn't load the skin. Any ideas as to what is causing my woes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to comment / view mine frequently since it started happening

I recently changed my web browser from Internet Explorer to Mozilla FireFox; I've had no problems with any Otaku or MyOtaku functions except one: Firefox doesn't support the MIdi player function. Is there a way to fix this?

[color=blue]You have to get a third-party plug-in for Firefox to be able to play music. I think it brings up a page telling you to install QuickTime. Though I've tried many times to install QuickTime and it has yet to work in Firefox.[/color]

[COLOR=#004a6f][quote name='Morpheus]Convert the files using [URL=http://www.imtoo.com/mpeg-encoder.html']this.[/URL][/quote]Thanks, but I have a program to convert files. But many webhosts block mp3s, and I can get away with using WMV format instead ~_^. I actually convert my mp3's to wmv.[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]Not exactly a problem, and to be honest more of a gripe...

...Has anyone else noticed that some of the myO ad banners are so wide they actually distort the site, both in backroom and in people's homepages? You end up with a great big empty column between the sidebar and your posts, or between the sidebar and your friends list. Isn't there a standard size for banner ads that's supposed to stop them distorting websites?

.:EDIT:. I'm a FireFox user, so if this is just an incompatibility issue, ignore me.
[/font][/color]

[QUOTE=Evil Jedi]I've been having a few problems accessing the comments options.

I'm sure it's not my settings as I've tried this on a couple of different comnputers. The page either cannot be found, using IE, or I get the pop-up telling me the document contains no data (FireFox)

Are the comments systems unstable at the moment? sometimes it loads the commnets but doesn't load the skin. Any ideas as to what is causing my woes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to comment / view mine frequently since it started happening[/QUOTE][COLOR=#503F86]Who's your ISP, by the way? I've had the same trouble using Tiscali, but on computers with other ISPs I don't have any problem whatsoever.

When I contacted them about it, they suggested I changed my settings to use a specific (and alternate) Dedicated Network Server rather than one that's automatically deteced. I seem to be having fewer problems than I did before, although there are still times where both MyO and OB fail to work (along with many other Velegant sites).

I don't suppose you use a LinkSys wireless router to connect to the internet, do you? I'm just looking for connections, heh.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Blackjack][color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]Not exactly a problem, and to be honest more of a gripe...

...Has anyone else noticed that some of the myO ad banners are so wide they actually distort the site, both in backroom and in people's homepages? You end up with a great big empty column between the sidebar and your posts, or between the sidebar and your friends list. Isn't there a standard size for banner ads that's supposed to stop them distorting websites?

.:EDIT:. I'm a FireFox user, so if this is just an incompatibility issue, ignore me.
[/font][/color][/QUOTE]
The Adblock plugin for Firefox works for that. Block the image and you won't have it again. ^_~

Oh, and I only have a slight problem with myO. Sometimes, I get mySQL errors and the posts won't come up. Just wanna let you know. ^_^