OtakuBoards

Fable

Guest The_BE-BOP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following this game since its conseption, obsessed since i saw the first released concept art. this is going to be one of the best games ever. I am going to pre order it next month at electronics botique. Is anyone or has anyone going to preorder the game months before-hand?

Did anyone else notice that almost all of the people who posted are labeled newbies?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fiasco
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Picking it up ASAP is going to be a problem considering it was delayed until well into next year heh. Seems like they've been doing that with a lot of Xbox's bigger games lately. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've also noticed that...Everytime they try to set a date or something, it gets pushed back like 23987538729 months. They have been talking about this game for like a year and still no demo. Heh.... But it looks awesome, but it might be so big that people will just lose interest...Sort of like Morrowind, too long and wasn't fun enough to last out to the end. Or maybe I'm wrong and it is gonna be able to last for the entire game, that'd be awesome........:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The impression that I got from this game is that it's going to be everything that Morrowind was suppose to be but wasn't. Since forking out $50 for Morrowind and, even though it was a good game, still disapointed me to the extremes. Since then I've learned to be a bit more patient, So if they want to delay Fable for another year so that It can be improved apon (Please don't have any glitches), then thats fine by me! ...
They plan on taking out child killing... I don't think they should censor the game in any way. One great thing that I love about the X-box over all other game consoles is that it was suppose to be aimed at a larger audience, lets keep it that way!
" History has shown that the censor has always lost!"

• 3 months later...
****, i just reset the form on accident, so i will sum up everything i just said.

-Ive been a fan of Project Ego since the launch of X-Box
-One of main reasons I got X-Box
-I hope they dont push the date back
-I am too excited, this is like my version of a star wars fan's anticipation for a new episode :D

I hope they dont push it back again. But if they do it would be for the best, when i get this game i dont want there to be any bugs in it...

I've been waiting for it since they announced that the name changed to fable, not too long, but i'm still wetting my pants in anticipation.

I have really looked into Fable. The game looks really amazing. I cant wait to buy it! Although i wish they kept the name Project Ego. It sounds more adventurous.

The graphics look amazing! and the fact that you start as a little dude and end up dying of age is pretty awesome!

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I'm almost 100% sure it'll be worse than Morrowind. Graphically it looks better, but it's the depth of gameplay that Morrowind has going for it. Anyway, I think they'll push back the release date a bit. They always do.

I love Morrowind and I have put countless hours into playing that game, but I think Fable will cover everything Morrowind has and more. I think the main thing I didnt like about Morrowind was the glitches(you know what i mean). Other than that, I just really wanted to expand on it, add in past and present issues that npc will remember or that will come back to get you. Thats what Fable has. In Morrowind, once you killed someone and payed your debt, the entire game just forgot about them as if they never existed. From what I have heard, in Fable you can kill someone and there may be someone in the future avenging them. Stuff like that. Plus, there is the factor of training and aging along with an entirely new way to go on quests. OH, that reminds me.

In Morrowind, you can start a quest or assignment and then not do it for as long as you want, then when you feel like it, you can finish the quest. In Fable, once you start a quest, you have to be quick about it or else someone will complete it instead of you, or something bad will happen. It adds to environmental interaction. Think about how you will have rivals or how you could have concequences for your actions. The whole concept is an expansion on the Morrowind brand of RPG, and I think Fable will do what Morrowind could not.

I'm looking forward to the game. My interest has slightly dimished mainly because it has been delayed so many times. Plus, the game is just not looking as nice as the first "concept" shots released... not that it looks bad by any means, but certainly not as good.

However, the ideas it presents should make it an awesome game anyway. I'm planning on having a lot of fun with it. If your actions really affect as much as the developer claims, there will really be a lot of replay value.

Last I heard, though, it had been delayed again. I don't think it is set for March (or whatever it was) any longer.

[color=darkblue]Hmm I haven't really followed this game's progress but it definitely appeals to me. It's funny because the release date according to Gameplay.com which is a British site, is
30/04/04. But then again, they do change release dates quite frequently and usually one day before the said launch. Oh well, we'll see.

Who is it being published by, by the way?[/color]

yea, it wouldnt be so bad if Big Blue gave us some sort of news updates or progress report, but on most sites like ign and gamespot, their last update was from E3 last year. It kills me because I always want to know whats up with the game. I was checking out the releases at ebworld.com and gamestop.com and they had Fable and Halo 2 both set for 6/1/04. From what I am told, this is just a guessdimate, but it would suck for me because I want both games. I will eventually get both, but you know how it is if you buy two games at once. You cannot peacefully play the 1st one without wanting to see whats up with the 2nd. For me it will be Fable first, then Halo 2 when Fable looses interest.

• 8 months later...
Two Christmas's ago i was reading the new edition of Game Informer and the main story was this new game called Fable (previously called Project Ego). At the time i was reading this i didn't own an xbox, and i wasn't planning on getting one. After finishing reading it was amazed. I was so excited about the game that i actually decided to get an xbox for christmas that year. Well 2 years later the game finally comes out, and i don't know rather i want to spend $50 on it. I'm only 16 and i don't have a job, so $50 is a good chunk of money.

So anyways i wanna hear what you guys have to say about this game. Is it worth it? Should i get it? Tell me some interesting things you guys have done in it. What's your character like? All that good stuff, but please don't ruin the story line for us.

[size=1][color=blue]Merged the threads. - Shinmaru[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Oi, Fable. What a well made game. I just started like 2 days ago... And already have beaten it. I've been waiting this game for about a year and a half and now here I am. Sitting on my butt, playing for 10 straight hours on the weekend. I have nothing to really do since I beat it and all. But it's still... Addicting ya know.

[spoiler]When you fight Jack of Blades at the end, and destroy him. Take the sword and kill your sister. Wait till ALL of the credits are donw, and now you have one of the rarest swords in the game! Well that is if you choose this path.[/spoiler]

Overall, this game is addicting and I think everyone who plays it should just sit there staring at the screen with only the sound of buttons clicking.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]I totally agree with Hatake there. This game is one of the best games for XBOX in my opinion. I rented it and in the 3 1/2 days I had it, beat it. I'm now borrowing it from a friend and still playing. This game is so well done. It's [i]is[/i] short, I thought that [spoiler]When You Threw the Sword into the Vortex that would be like the end of Chapter 1[/spoiler]. Lol. But ya, I'd have to say the boss of the game ([spoiler]Jack of Blades[/spoiler]) is one of the best evil villains since Ganondorf from Legend of Zelda. Well, that's my thoughts.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

-Lrb