OtakuBoards

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Magus

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Hmm. . we had a topic started like this a page back, but it was closed *shrug* just got out of hand I suppose. Oh well~

I am a HUGE Chrono Trigger fan. I can't get enough of it. It has to be my absolute favorite RPG of all time. The storyline is great, the characters rule. The music is also very awesome. It has a dark tone, but at the same time, it can make you feel really upbeat. I can only say good things about this game. I really don't have any complaints. The Dual-Tech and Triple-Tech combos were just so amazing. One of Squares all time best games in my opinion. Final Fantasy takes a back seat to this game! ^_^ Just my thoughts though.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]Chrono Trigger is the best game. Ever.

It's one of the few games that I can go through over and over again. The storyline is superb, the characters are great. The battle system is so good, it can't be described in words.

All those endings... The majority of them were great.

*SPOILER*

Simply the best part of the game is when Crono died. It's the only video game death that affected me. I lost my breath, and I think my heart skipped a beat. (This happened again when I beat "Hard Lavos" and one of the designers thought it would be funny to make me think my game restarted. I nearly threw the controller through the screen then. ^_^''')

*END SPOILER*

If you haven't gotten this game yet, what the kulat is wrong with you? Go get it![/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Chrono Trigger is such an awesome game! I like the music, and the humor, and other stuff. There's just so much to like about this game! Oh yeah, I agree with you Nerdsy, another part that was nearly as good was...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]***SPOILER!!!***[/COLOR]

Is when they bring him back.

[COLOR=red]***END SPOILER***[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kouberei [/i]
[B][COLOR=red]***SPOILER!!!***[/COLOR][what the spoiler was]
[COLOR=red]***END SPOILER***[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

SPOILER

[COLOR=deeppink]Actually, I thought that was a downer for the game. It made Crono's death less... impactful. Yes, you can beat Lavos without reviving Crono, but you end up reviving him in the ending anyway.

I would have liked to have had an ending where Crono stays dead. Than his death would have meant more to gamers who decided not to go after him.[/color]

END SPOILER

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chrono Magus [/i]
[B]
[spoiler that was here] [/B][/QUOTE]

*SPOILER*

[COLOR=deeppink]Actually, it never says that Schala actually died. In fact, Magus thinks she lived. If you remember what Marle said to Magus in the main ending, she asks him if he's going to look for her.

And Magus does have certain... senses.[/color]

*END SPOILER*

Ah....Chrono Trigger. One of the best RPG's ever created. I when I played the SNES long ago, I couldn't get enough of it. Everything was great the battle engine, music, gfx, characters story and the coolest part: Time travel! When iit first came out I cared less on who were involved in creating the game. It blew my mind that guys like Akira Toriyama had some ties with game. I haven't seen the PSX verison though. I want to but I only want the Chrono game and not FF5. Come to think of it, I remember how they released the PSX verison long ago and it mad hundreds of people mad. Lastly, as for it's sequel, Chrono Cross.... I didn't like that game much. The whole idea of going to other dimentions was cool, but there was only two and not interactive with each other.... (like time travel: go back in time, leave sumthing behind, go to the future and whatever you left is still there.) Oh and there are rumors flying around of a new Chrono Trigger game.......

It is really funny that this has been made, because I just beat that game a few days ago for the first time. When I started to play that game, which was about a week ago, I just couldn't stop playing it. I'd stay up until 2 in the morning and play it until my mom would yell at. That is one of the best games I have ever played and it was just so darn short. They just have to port this and so many other games to the gba.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kristoff119 [/i]
[B] They just have to port this and so many other games to the gba. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey thats not a bad idea:smirk: Seeing how lots of the best games the GBA has were SNES ports (like Super Mario World and the port of Zelda:excited: ) Why not port this game over too? However, there's a very slim chance it'll be release this year.... Reason why is because they just spent their time just trying to release the PSX verison. So I doubt it'll get released on the GBA even though it would be kinda cool....

Guest Morph
[size=1] Chrono Trigger is a great game. I have played it a few times, I think its a great great game. Everything that Chrono Trigger has, plot, story, and other stuff. It just fits very well together, and thats why I like this game [/size]

[color=indigo]Actually, Final Fantasy Chronicles, which has FFIV and Chrono Trigger on it, has been out for quite awhile in the US... It still probably wouldn't be released this year for the GBA, though, because they probably haven't started porting it yet (if they're ever going to). Square is probably mainly concentrating on the port of Final Fantasy Tactics for the GBA, right now.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]If you haven't gotten this game yet, what the kulat is wrong with you? Go get it![/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

The only reason I don't have it is because I can't find it anywhere. If I could buy it, I would.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kaithemaster
Chrono Trigger rules!!!!
what i loved to do is get ** stats, ** levels, and ** weponry
next to golden sun chrono trigger is the best RPG ever!!!

• 2 weeks later...
The game is the RPG god. I worship it. I have a golden shrine in which I keep the cartridge. J/k. If I could afford a golden shrine, and I had a cartridge oh Chrono Trigger, not an emulation, I'd put it there. One thing unnerves me.

[B]*END SPOILER*[/B]

Me:Why does Crono sit on Magus's throne in one of the 15 endings? Not to mention all those damn parades.*shudders* clowns. THE HORROR! SO MANY CLOWNS!
REALLY fat nurse: Hey! I thought I strapped you to the bed!
Me: Oops. Gotta go! Catch me if ya can, fatty! *runs through streets screaming CLOWNS! NO MORE CLOWNS!*

SPOILER

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ElvenFoxKnight [/i]
[B]
Me:Why does Crono sit on Magus's throne in one of the 15 endings[/qoute]

[COLOR=deeppink]15 endings? There are only 13, counting the one where you lose to Lavos.

Anyway, I think that they just put that there for no particular reason... other than it's shock value. I really can't see any reason why he'd be there. It's a plothole, but since that isn't one of the true endings, it's not that bad... I mean, it's not like Chrono came back to life for no reason.[/color]

• 10 months later...
I had never heard of chrono trigger until someone reccomended it to me. I had only ever played final fantasy games until i played CT, and all i have to say is that i loved it. Its a really old game, i know but i've played it so many times and it never gets boring. My fave character is Lucca, i don't know why, i think its because she looks alot like a girl I used to like. hehe. I really wanna play more and i wanna get Chrono Cross! but i can't find it anywhere in australia!!!!! so i am gonna have to get it from somewhere else. Is it worth it? is it a good game???:D:D:D

[size=1]It's a lot different from Chrono Trigger, to be sure... It used to be one of my favorite RPG's, then a whole slew of games i liked came by...

I definately reccommend playing Chrono Cross, it's interesting to say the least...

I'm also a great fan of CT, wonderful game. Personally i liked Frog... i always tried to make him better then Chrono, atleast attack-wise... I aught to play it again some time, must be over a year since i last beat it.[/size]

ChronoTrigger was my very first RPG ever, and it's no joke when I say I judge all RPGs I play by CT.

The animation was superb, both emotion wise and attack wise--it was a delight to see the different double and triple tech attacks. (The different images for different weapons was also nice.)
The music, for the SNES, was also wonderful, capturing the essence of each place, moving the storyline along.
Each character was developed well, having a believable storyline and magic/attacks/manner of speaking.
There was just something about time shifting and fixing things that would affect other time periods, and oh yes, the different endings you could get, and the NewGame+, and...
The story itself was a good one, each character fitting in, each tragic moment or delightful triumph very real...for me, anyway.

Let's face it. ChronoTrigger is one of the best games ever. My only complaint would be that ChronoCross had difficulty following up and, though wrapping up one hanging storyline from CT nicely, also wrapped up other never-seen-until-CC-storylines far too neatly, to the point of making the CT characters look bad. (Anyone that knows about Prometheus and the Nadine Bell in CC know what I am talking about.)

ChronoCross has delightful imagery and [i]gorgeous[/i] music. I cannot emphasize the music enough. There's an ok storyline, but nowhere near (IMO) as fantastic as CT's was; I still have some plotlines in CC that I don't get, or wonder why the heck it happened that way. A few of CT's 7 characters make brief cameos in the game (far too brief, and again, wrapping up those unforseen storylines far too neatly). Though there is a plethora of usable characters in CC, this sinks the notion of a detailed story (making room for all of them); this also leaves many of them undeveloped, character-wise, and many of them are rather useless to me. Shameful waste. CC is NOT CT all over again--don't make the mistake I made about that. I still encourage you to play CC, though.

*Silent Protaganist*

Guest Steiner
I played this first emulated on my PC and in like 15 mins i was hooked. the charcters in CT are as good as the ones in FF but the game still doesnt match the awesomness of FF.

• 3 weeks later...