OtakuBoards

Official Technical Problems Thread for OB7

James

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Obviously this isn't for me, it's for my huisband. He tried to join OB a few days ago but every time he tries to log in he can't. I was told to go here.
Any help?[/color][/QUOTE]
Did you confirm the e-mail? A friend of mine didn't even get the e-mail aand couldn't get in.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I've sent a couple of PMs about this but never actually got a reply. I've noticed that when a user links his or her myOtaku account to their OB account, View and Sign guestbook links appear below the uesr's avatar. Now whether or not this was on purpose or not but both the View and Sign Guestbook links take you to the guestbook. I just think it would be better if the View link took you to the user's main page and the Sign link took you to the Guestbook. Though like I said, I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or not.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff][b]Edit: 8:26 PM[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Okay, so on further inspection, I realized that the myOtaku last updated text is actually a link to the main site. I still think that having View and Sign Guestbook is a little misleading though - specially when you take into consideration that signing and viewing the guestbook take place on the same page.[/color][/font]

[color=#333399][font=Futura Lt BT]I think there?s something wrong with the Cartoon Network Line Ups thread. When I clicked the [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=#post"]Last Page [/url]link it gave me a message saying:[/font][/color]

[center][size=2]No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the [/size][email="[email protected]"][size=2]webmaster[/size][/email][/center]
[color=#333399][font=Futura Lt BT]Also when I tried clicking any other page of the thread from the Anime Lounge main page it did not show any posts. All it showed was the different page numbers, the reply button, and the Thread Tools, Search this Thread, and Display Modes links. [/font][/color]

[color=#333399][font=Futura Lt BT]I?m not sure what?s wrong with this and if it?s just some random problem on my computer or if it is a problem with otakuboards. Either way I thought I should notify someone. [/font][/color]
[color=#333399][font=Futura Lt BT][i][/font][/color][/i]

EDIT: also I just tried to send a PM to Dagger asking for a name ghange by clicking her name under last post for the Cartoon Network Line Ups and it said:
[indent]This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.

[/indent]

Try clicking [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=640549][u]here[/u][/url]. Does that get you to the last page of the thread?

I split that thread to remove some off-topic posts about a week or so ago, so something may have gone wrong in the process. I checked it afterward and thought it seemed fine, but just now I got the same message you mentioned. What's weird is that I can still access it by using the search function. :animestun

EDIT: Okay, I think I fixed it. Can you check the link on the main page of the Anime Lounge and let me know if everything works for you now?

~Dagger~

[color=#333399][font=Futura Lt BT]Yea that worked. Thanks! And I was able to send the PM too. But I tried a different way to send it. Just thought you guys would want to know. [/font][/color]
[font=Futura Lt BT][color=#333399][/color][/font]
[font=Futura Lt BT][color=#333399]Yea it works now. Thanks![/color][/font]

• 1 month later...
Well I don't know if this is a technical problem or not but when I come to OtakuBoards there is a small box at the top that says:

Counter code has changed. Please update your code. bravenet web services.

If I click on it it pulls up a page that says:

We were unable to find the requested counter.
For additional assistance, visit our Help Center.

I've been a member for two months and this is the first time I've ever seen this box before. Is there something I need to fix? Or is it a problem with OB?

Edit: I also get this when I go to theOtaku.com and myOtaku.com as well.

[color=gray][size=1]Same here, I was just going to post about it when I saw SunFallE's post.

It probably doesn't mean it's the end of the world, but the thing disturbes me and it pushes the forums down a bit -.-;[/color][/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=#808080]The problem appears to be gone now, for some unknown reason. I have no idea what it was about, maybe Bravenet themselves were having an issue. But I have no idea.

Seems to be okay now though, so hopefully we won't get that issue again.[/color][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Black][B]Hello there I am ChibiIchigo of myo you told me to come here and seek help so now I am here um now lets see where hsould I start.... ok I got it ok

my comment textbox is not working and I cant comment to anyones myo without it and i dont know how to fix it can anyone help me?[/B][/COLOR] :catgirl:

• 4 weeks later...
I was trying to submit a wallpaper I made and I keep getting a mesasge that says:

A database error has occured.

An e-mail has already been dispatched to us regarding the error and will be fixed promptly.

The error returned: An error occured while executing a query.

Since I have had no problems in the past I was wondering if something is wrong with the site.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I have a problem with MyOtaku site. About two days ago, I was editing my profile, then I ereased the text, and now I can't edit my profile. Like always, I go to "Edit Profile" and it has a scroll box where you can type what you want to have viewed, but the button that says, "edit my options/profile" isn't there, all I have on the page is a few sentences written that says to turn your introduction on, that everything in the fields is optional, and then it has the scroll box, that's it. No button that says, "edit my options/profile".

My Introcuction is set to "On", but HTML is in the scroll box, I tried several times to type something else, but since that button is missing, I can't update my profile. I am really confused, and it just doesn't make any sense. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A friend told me to post my problem here, and I hope this is the right place!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[size=1]I have a slight problem when I write out a document in Word, and then paste it on the Reply To Thread page, everything seems fine until I try to post the reply, when it says I can't post it because there are too many images in it, and all of a sudden all these smilies appear in my post wherever I have put a Return, and around place names. Has this been happening to other people or is it just me?[/size]

• 2 months later...
I'm new here and still trying to figure out the site. My question is, why can't you use a profile pic larger than 100x100 pixels? I wanted to use one that I have, but it's 108x118 pixels! Not sure how to shrink it. So I find a 100x100 pic. I click on Save Changes, and get this message: There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully. Can I use this pic? What's wrong with it? Or is it the site? If it helps, these are the URLs of the pics in question. [url="http://www.honestgamers.com/images/games/2/P/14733/artwork.jpg"]http://www.honestgamers.com/images/games/2/P/14733/artwork.jpg[/url] and [url="http://www.ragewars.net/avatars/werewolf.jpg"]http://www.ragewars.net/avatars/werewolf.jpg[/url]. Plz help!:animecry:

Guest kuroinuyoukai
The last few days it has taken 15 minutes for MyOtaku site to come up and it's taking ten minutes to alter anything or send a message. Also it's really hard to log in.. My computer seems fine. My accounts on other sites just pop up and go quickly. What am I doing wrong?

[quote name='kuroinuyoukai']The last few days it has taken 15 minutes for MyOtaku site to come up and it's taking ten minutes to alter anything or send a message. Also it's really hard to log in.. My computer seems fine. My accounts on other sites just pop up and go quickly. What am I doing wrong?[/quote]It isn't on your end, I've conducted a few tests and it is most certainly on the server side. I haven't been with the site long but I do know this is slightly out of the ordinary, as up till this point in time it seemed to be moving much faster. Well, it seems as though slowly but surely it's being corrected: today the site is much faster than it was yesterday at certain times. :)

EDIT: I take back what I said, at times editing posts does take an incredibly long time... often leading to time outs. Again though, this is on the server side... so not sure why it is happening, maybe a moderator can comment on it.

[quote name='Crimson River]I'm new here and still trying to figure out the site. My question is, why can't you use a profile pic larger than 100x100 pixels? I wanted to use one that I have, but it's 108x118 pixels! Not sure how to shrink it. So I find a 100x100 pic. I click on Save Changes, and get this message: There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully. Can I use this pic? What's wrong with it? Or is it the site? If it helps, these are the URLs of the pics in question. [url]http://www.honestgamers.com/images/...733/artwork.jpg[/url] and [url]http://www.ragewars.net/avatars/werewolf.jpg[/url']. Plz help![/quote]The pictures you have listed are not the size appropriate to the forum avatars. On the forum the avatars are if notice, a slightly odd shape as far as most avatars go. I'd try resizing it again. Size seems to be around 150x80. You seem to have an avatar so I'll assume you're all set up! :) Resizing can be done in programs like Photoshop or Paintshop if you have them, otherwise if you need further assistance I'll gladly resize your images for you, just PM me.

[quote name='Wraith']I have a slight problem when I write out a document in Word, and then paste it on the Reply To Thread page, everything seems fine until I try to post the reply, when it says I can't post it because there are too many images in it, and all of a sudden all these smilies appear in my post wherever I have put a Return, and around place names. Has this been happening to other people or is it just me?[/quote]Yes. Sounds like a formating problem. What I'd do is I'd either save the document in Word as a "plain text" text file, and open the file in notepad and copy and paste it here, or just copy and paste it directly from word to notepad, skim the document and see if the formatting changes automatically as it is supposed to. Regardless, usually saving the document as the appropriate format and then pasting it over seems to work.

Another possible problem which might occur with this method is a lot of odd spaces, or lackthereof. The same problem really. I haven't had the problem on this forum but it has been known to happy. Again, try changing the format of the text before or after typing it, resave it, copy and paste it, or in the end revert to typing your posts in notepad first, copying it to word for spell checking purposes and just use the notepad version of the text (which by default is standard and works on the forums).

Hope that helps. Again, you won't need to do [i]all[/i] of the steps there, just experiment and see what gets rid of the formatting - again, a copy and paste to plain text usually works wonders.

[quote=NekoHige]Hello there I am ChibiIchigo of myo you told me to come here and seek help so now I am here um now lets see where hsould I start.... ok I got it ok

my comment textbox is not working and I cant comment to anyones myo without it and i dont know how to fix it can anyone help me? [/quote]What is a myo? Not sure what you mean by commenting to myo, if you mean commenting to articles on the main Otaku site, I can help with that, if you mean replying to posts or making guestbook entries... I can help with that too, but dunno what you mean maybe someone else does.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='James][font=Verdana][size=2]I'd like to ask everyone to use this thread to post any problems they're having with OB7. This way, we can answer your queries and make fixes as soon as possible. Thank you. ^_^[/size'][/font][/quote]

I can't seem to log into my otaku account!!!! :animecry:

All it does is give me a screen saying:

"Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 48

Notice: Query failed: in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_result.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_result.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 48

Notice: Query failed: in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_result.php on line 14

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php:47) in /home/theotaku/public_html/my/includes/my_functions.php on line 30"

I'm not sure what it means!! I tried to look at my friends' site but it's still the same thing!!! What happened? Is it just the connection?

I get basically the same thing?:

"Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_result.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 47

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php:47) in /home/theotaku/public_html/my/includes/my_functions.php on line 30"

Is the server being updated or down for maintenance or something?

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Panda']One of the servers has crashed. Until it is fixed most myO sites will be unavailable. The tech team is working on it so we just need to be patient and wait for them to finish nursing the server back to health.[/quote]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]LoL, it's working fine now, thanks! ^__^

Except the problem I'm having now is, well, I tried some html coding stuff for my Post Styles. It turned out HORRIBLE!! so I tried erasing it, but it won't!! I tried posting a new post but it still won't go away. The Update changes button doesn't work at all and I'm wondering DID I BREAK IT?!! I turned off the internet connection and came back the next day, but it still won't work. Can anyone help me, please?!!![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 1 year later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]I hope this is the right place for the problem I've encountered. It seems I can't upload attachments for a post or a profile picture either. >_> I'm pretty sure I'm following the directions correctly, but I get an [I]upload failure[/I] message for attachments and a [I]cannot save image[/I] for the profile picture. So... um... halp? Other than that everything else seems to work just fine. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]I've been aware of this problem (attachments and profile pics not working) for a while but I haven't been able to do anything about it. All the options in the admin cp are set to allow them so my first guess is that the access permissions aren't set correctly on the customprofilepics and attachments folders where they're stored on the server. But my FTP access isn't working correctly either so I can't check that.

So, yeah, I can only really ask that people be patient with this.

[b]Edit:[/b]
Whoo, I finally got ahold of Adam and sorted out the FTP problem. As I thought, the permissions on the customprofilepics folder wasn't set correctly so I fixed that. And I'm working on getting attachments back right now.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082][b]Edit:[/b]
Whoo, I finally got ahold of Adam and sorted out the FTP problem. As I thought, the permissions on the customprofilepics folder wasn't set correctly so I fixed that. And I'm working on getting attachments back right now.[/color][/QUOTE]Thank you! ^_^ I thought I was doing something wrong somehow. Hehe. But now? It worked! >_> Even if what I loaded up looks almost egoistical somehow. XP [/FONT]

• 9 months later...
I'm having a problem with OB not rendering correctly in Firefox 3.0.5. The icons for going to the last post run off the page. I did install the latest java update though and am wondering if its the plug in, any help would be appreciated, thankyou.