OtakuBoards

Official Technical Problems Thread for OB7

James

[color=#4B0082]Hmm. I'm running Firefox 3.0.5 and not seeing anything wrong. If you think it might be a plug-in problem, you could try disabling or uninstalling the plug-in at least temporarily and seeing if that fixes it.

Which icons, exactly, are you seeing the problem with, though? (The ones on the front page, on forum thread lists, etc.?) Does it happen with all of the skins, and if not which ones? A screen shot of what it looks like would also be helpful.[/color]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#4B0082]Funky. It looks like it's trying to put the div with the time stamp and last post button on the same line as the previous div with the posted by name. But, even then, they're not quite aligned... I looked at the HTML and that really shouldn't happen, and since I'm not seeing it in my browser I'm pretty sure it's not a bug in the code.

I'd try backing up your Firefox profile directory (normally found at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles) and then re-installing Firefox. Backing up and then replacing the profile directory once you re-install will save all your bookmarks and plug-ins and everything so you shouldn't lose anything. With this happening and then Facebook thinking Firefox is IE6, and disabling plug-ins not helping, I get the feeling something's screwed up in the core browser and needs to be replaced.[/color]

• 2 years later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]I can't sign into my actual account. Every time I do it either says password or user name incorrect, so I put in my e mail, still gives me the same thing. I've requested a new password 4 times and it still wont let me into it no matter how many time I keep trying it refuses to allow me access to my real account for this site and it really sucks. Any suggestions?
[/color][/font]

• 3 months later...
I don't know if it's all the directory threads or just the anime directory one, but I was looking for a One Piece thread so I headed in there and the link lead me to the incorrect topic. I clicked around on a number of titles and none of them go to the correct threads. I'm guessing some sort of update went down and the topic numbers have changed. Not a big deal, but I just thought I'd let you guys know.

• 11 months later...
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900ff]Chat disconnecting you could be for a multitude of reasons. If you've not said anything in about 15 minutes or so, it automatically kicks you out. Other reasons might be the chat software being fussy, or your internet connection.[/color][/font] Edited by Sangome

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any way to work on the ignore list? I can still see status updates and comments on those by people I ignore. Those are the worst. I can't seem to find a button to "ignore thread" either, which would be really helpful especially in the Theatre. I lately started keeping track of there again, but most of the new posts are just in threads I don't give a Tinky Winky about. Plus, I also see on the front page when they post (in) threads.

I think for this reason, I am leaving OB for good. Edited by Boo

[color=#0000ff]I looked into this over the weekend but it seems that the current software doesn't have those options. It only seems to let you do posts, signatures, and messages (which I assume are PMs). Maybe a newer version will update it but I'm not terribly optimistic about that. Maybe there's a mod or plugin that can extend its functionality though - I'll see if I can find anything.[/color]

• 10 months later...

I'm not sure whether or not this has been brought up already, but I can't seem to do very much with my signature. I've managed to insert an image, but the editor basically doesn't work: everything seems greyed-out and I can't press anything. I initially thought this was something to do with a character limit that my IMG code exceeded, but it also doesn't work when the box is empty. Any pointers?

I never was able to figure out what was going on with the signature editor. There's an update to the software that I need to install and while it doesn't address signatures directly, maybe that bug will be fixed in the new version. In the mean time though, you should be able to manually format your signature with BB Code.

• 3 weeks later...

[color=deeppink]I'm having some trouble coloring my posts.

It seems when I use a paragraph break it reverts forum default, even if the text is still in the BBC tags.[/color]

Edited by Nerdsy

• 3 years later...

I hope I'm posting in the right thread...

I'm currently using android google chrome and the posts display their html code, and are not executed properly. example embedding an image would display the img src code, and no image is loaded. text formatting is also not displaying/workig, but the font codes are displayed.

Please look into this. thanks.

This is a known issue and happens everywhere unfortunately. The upgrade from version 3 to 4 seemed to not like a lot of the older posts and the choice was to either lose huge chunks of them or revert them to their HTML states and hope that the bug would be fixed at some point. That's where we still are at the moment.