OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[quote]The music has sort of a tribe feel to it. I especially like the beginning and ending theme songs. Mostly the ending theme song because I love it so much. The tribe like sound effects and music was odd at first, but that's what makes Naruto, Naruto.[/quote] Haha, that's cute. It's actually closer to Traditional Japanese music, which was the intention. I say "closer to" because they use more modern instruments in some of the songs. Besides that, the styling is Tradition Japanese.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Japan_86 [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue]
Over all, this is an excellent anime and manga. I enjoy it very much. It is very funny indeed. I found myself laughing on countless occasions. heh... I also got to play a couple parts in my friend's dubbing of the show. She plays the voice of Naruto. I got to play a couple girls in the first episode. It was fun. If you do not know where to get Naruto episodes, feel free to PM me. I'll tell you where to go. Naruto is just plain awesome![/FONT][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Shh. And I'm still not done with it, not like I'm getting much support for it anyway. Dubs are hard to make.:sleep:

And Naruto is good. Although there are way too many people subbing it currently *Sticks by Toriyama World even if they take forever.* I did see a few episodes where [spoiler]Jiraiya appears and Naruto is trained by him in preparation for the final Chuunin round.[/spoiler] that were done by Anbu_Aone but they are having problems subbing lately too.

I also read the latest manga, even if it is licensed in the US, I want to know the latest stuff that's going on because the US will always be behind Japan by a good 80 or so chapters.

[quote]Reason being is that the manga is from the true intentions of what Masashi Kishimoto wanted, not what tv tokyo wanted. [/quote]

That is not entirely true, If you read the manga and watch the episodes the stories just about exactly match each other. You should give it a chance, the only problem is that because it follows the manga as closely as it does some parts do tend to move a little slow. But giving it a chance is definitly a good idea.

[quote]Although there are way too many people subbing it currently *Sticks by Toriyama World even if they take forever.*[/quote]

Thats why I buy the boots from an online store ^^

[quote]And I don't hate Neji as much as some of you. He redeems himself a bit in the latest manga chapters.
[/quote]

Yeah, but [spoiler] I really liked Hinata alot since the first time i saw her[/spoiler] so my neverending hate shall only grow stronger lol unless [spoiler] his personality changes from that self absorbed lil punk that he is during the second chunnin exam [/spoiler] because thats as far as I am right now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SasukeUchiha [/i]
[B]Yeah, but [spoiler] I really liked Hinata alot since the first time i saw her[/spoiler] so my neverending hate shall only grow stronger lol unless [spoiler] his personality changes from that self absorbed lil punk that he is during the second chunnin exam [/spoiler] because thats as far as I am right now. [/B][/QUOTE]
Ahh, believe me, once you get to Chapter 198 (or actually Chapters 193-198) in the manga, you'll definitely see that Neji has changed tremendously. Don't read the next lines or so if you don't want to know what happens.

[spoiler]When he fights one of the five sound ninjas in order to retrieve Sasuke when Sasuke leaves Konohagakure to join the Hidden Village of Sound, Neji nearly dies to protect Kiba, Shikamaru, and Naruto as they chase after the other 2 sound ninjas and Sasuke. He also acknowledges that he had been lost in the darkness of his hatred for the main family before Naruto changed his life, and he acknowledges Naruto as the key to saving Sasuke because Naruto has the power to bring anyone back from the darkness in their hearts. Err, this part is WAY after the Chuunin exam, soooo it'll be a long while before the anime (or the manga volumes released in the US for that matter) catches up to this particular point. He puts his life on the line to protect his comrades, and to retrieve Sasuke, someone he doesn't even know all that well, which proves that he is no longer the same Neji from the Chuunin Exam[/spoiler].

I agree that Neji really was downright evil when he fought Hinata, but he really is much more respectable now. If you didn't read the spoiler paragraph, you just have to trust my word for it ^_^ He is no longer the 'self-absorbed lil punk,' as you so affectionately dub him LOL. :D

~Haruno Sakura

[B]That is not entirely true, If you read the manga and watch the episodes the stories just about exactly match each other. You should give it a chance, the only problem is that because it follows the manga as closely as it does some parts do tend to move a little slow. But giving it a chance is definitly a good idea.

Thats why I buy the boots from an online store ^^

Yeah, but [spoiler] I really liked Hinata alot since the first time i saw her[/spoiler] so my neverending hate shall only grow stronger lol unless [spoiler] his personality changes from that self absorbed lil punk that he is during the second chunnin exam [/spoiler] because thats as far as I am right now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, I started watching naruto FROM the anime. Also, they dont really match eachother. Ya the actions they make do but not the way the story moves exactly. Like the episode were Ino and Sakura fight. There are WAAAYYY more flashbacks in the anime, which, in my view, was pointless. Thats my point of view.

I have to agree that the anime does drag on a lot more than it does in the manga. The one part that seemed to drag on forever was the Country of the Wave arc with Zabuza and Haku...T_T [spoiler]It took Sasuke and Naruto forever to fight against Zabuza when Kakashi was stuck in the water prison T_T LOL I still loved it all the same ^_^ And I actually liked the flashbacks when Ino and Sakura were fighting. I do like their rivalry, and it made me a little sad to see how close they were when they were younger. [/spoiler]

There are a few fillers that I can do without though, like [spoiler]how in the episode before the final part of the Chuunin exam, Konohamaru got Naruto lost and running away from bulls before he reached the stadium to fight Neji T_T I mean, it's great to add some comedic elements to balance out the angst and drama, but meh.[/spoiler]

~Haruno Sakura

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by haruno_sakura [/i]
[B][spoiler]And I actually liked the flashbacks when Ino and Sakura were fighting. I do like their rivalry, and it made me a little sad to see how close they were when they were younger. [/spoiler]

~Haruno Sakura [/B][/QUOTE]

Some of it was informational, but some of it was pointless. Dont you agree?

Aside from that, I am not only talking about the differences in story line in the manga and anime. Im also talking about the art in the anime. Have you gone as far as the Gaara and Rock Lee fight? The animation was digital! That makes me angry. And it wasnt even GOOD digital effects. Think about it.

I liked it actually! lol, I dunno maybe I am wierd, or maybe I am blinded by my obcession. I just really enjoy the storyline alot, but since I read the manga and watch the anime, I can not really complain about either. IF there is extra things in either one I take it more as me getting the ENTIRE story more than extra scenes just being thrown in. But thats just my opinion :)

*cough* Guys (and girls), remember, the match-ups for the Chuunin exams should be considered spoilers since just those groupings give off a lot of information. I think they are spoiler tag-worthy. [quote]Reason being is that the manga is from the true intentions of what Masashi Kishimoto wanted, not what tv tokyo wanted.[/quote] Jubei Yagyou, that's fanboyish reasoning for why you think the manga is better. I think you are forgetting that the creator of Naruto has no god-like abilities, nor is perfect in any way. A revised version of things is almost always better.

The anime is much more polished and solid than the manga ever was. Just looking at the first chapter, you see more foreshadowing and hints of things to come than the manga has: [spoiler]Naruto's peers, Hinata, humor timing[/spoiler]. In the manga, [spoiler]Naruto's peers were random people[/spoiler].

Additionally, I think Masashi Kishimoto welcomed such subtle (and better). If not, then he's a little too arrogant for his own good. No one's work or creation is pefect, and revisions should always be something the creator should think about.

Lastly, Naruto's manga version has basically been a blue print for the anime, with [B]improvements[/B] here and there. That's my two cents.

Sorry for being a tad rude, Jubei, but I remember you using much better reasoning for why you prefer the manga before.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jubei Yagyou [/i]
[B]Aside from that, I am not only talking about the differences in story line in the manga and anime. Im also talking about the art in the anime. Have you gone as far as the Gaara and Rock Lee fight? The animation was digital! That makes me angry. And it wasnt even GOOD digital effects. Think about it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, during [spoiler] the Rock Lee vs Gaara fight, I was so caught up in my emotions that the aesthetics didn't bother me all that much. Yes, I noticed that the animation had gotten digital, and at first it made me pause, but I got so caught up in the story and in Lee's determination that it didn't become much of a bother for me.[/spoiler] The digital aspects weren't that bad, at least not bad enough to ruin the fight for me.

~Haruno Sakura

Did you ever think about it this way. The manga can only be so long, if a manga got into the detail that the anime does we would have 400 page novels. Thats at least how i view it. I do not think it takes away from the manga or the creators idea, I think its a tool to be able to expand on it. For example in the manga all the characters are not really completely introduced to us and are just there, think about what the reason for that might be.... most likey its because of space. I can understand why you may not like the anime if you are not interested in the detail, but I enjoy getting the full story of the characters, it draws me further into manga and makes me more interested over all.

[B]Did you ever think about it this way. The manga can only be so long, if a manga got into the detail that the anime does we would have 400 page novels. Thats at least how i view it. I do not think it takes away from the manga or the creators idea, I think its a tool to be able to expand on it. For example in the manga all the characters are not really completely introduced to us and are just there, think about what the reason for that might be.... most likey its because of space. I can understand why you may not like the anime if you are not interested in the detail, but I enjoy getting the full story of the characters, it draws me further into manga and makes me more interested over all. [/B][/QUOTE]

I totally agree with Sasuke on this, as well as with what AzureWolf said earlier, especially with the introduction of characters. I think by introducing a lot of them earlier in the anime, it's a lot more easier to reference them again when they reappear in the Chuunin exam. [spoiler]Once again, I point to Ino and Sakura's rivalry. It's a lot more effective when we see how it escalates from their crushes on Sasuke from Episode Three all the way to their fight against one another when it becomes a battle of who is the better kunoichi. [/spoiler]Flashbacks and a bit reformatting in the anime can strengthen characters and relationships that hadn't been fully developed. IMHO, all the extra explanations and details added to the anime strengthens what was first written in the manga ^_^

~haruno_sakura

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]*cough* Guys (and girls), remember, the match-ups for the Chuunin exams should be considered spoilers since just those groupings give off a lot of information. I think they are spoiler tag-worthy. Jubei Yagyou, that's fanboyish reasoning for why you think the manga is better. I think you are forgetting that the creator of Naruto has no god-like abilities, nor is perfect in any way. A revised version of things is almost always better.

The anime is much more polished and solid than the manga ever was. Just looking at the first chapter, you see more foreshadowing and hints of things to come than the manga has: [spoiler]Naruto's peers, Hinata, humor timing[/spoiler]. In the manga, [spoiler]Naruto's peers were random people[/spoiler].

Additionally, I think Masashi Kishimoto welcomed such subtle (and better). If not, then he's a little too arrogant for his own good. No one's work or creation is pefect, and revisions should always be something the creator should think about.

Lastly, Naruto's manga version has basically been a blue print for the anime, with [B]improvements[/B] here and there. That's my two cents.

Sorry for being a tad rude, Jubei, but I remember you using much better reasoning for why you prefer the manga before. [/B][/QUOTE]

I do not recall when I had better reasoning for why I liked the manga better. Maybe I was flustered at the time, or maybe I didnt put much thought in my posts. But I stick with what I say. And maybe this will help your confusion. SasukeUchiha says he likes detail. He is thinking about the detail in the anime were every movement is shown on the television. Im not saying thats bad but some people like those things and some people dont. For example people that like to use their imagination to view mentally whats going on would... read a book. People who like to be shown rather than explained would... watch tv or something. Once again Im not saying either way is bad. You see, in the manga, you can imagine what happens that isnt shown or explained, in short, fill in the gaps. In the anime you dont have breathing room for imagination. Thats my two cents ;). Azure I would like to know how I had better reasoning. Please explain.

I am not saying you are wrong in your view at all. Normally I read the manga of a series first so that I can enjoy pictureing things and working out specific parts in my head, my point is that I like the anime because it adds something for me. But I can see your point, some things just do not go together, like the Cowboy Bebop manga and anime. And somethings actually help each other, like the FLCL anime and manga. I do not know what to really think about Naruto, they are not so much different but one is more critical of main points, while the other gets into specifics.

But as you say not everyone has the same tastes, I am sure many people find the anime of Naruto super boring ::shudders at the thought: or vice versa...ok enough rambling on.

P.S. Sakura ^^ Check your last post and edit it, you have a typo and the spoiler is showing.

Preston

Thanks Preston (can I call you Sasuke-kun?! LOL)! ^^;; Didn't realize my mistake.

Anyway, for a change of pace, there was something that I was getting into a heated discussion about with one of my friends who also happens to be Naruto-obsessed, and we were wondering about Naruto's parents. There are a few references in the anime and in the manga, but nothing particularly specific (and if there is, please correct me)...though my theory is that Naruto's father could be [spoiler]Yondaime...as in the 4th Hokage. The 3rd once said in episode 1 (or one of the first couple of episodes) that the 4th wanted Naruto to be seen as a hero for being essential in containing Kyubi and in essence saving the village, and who else would the 4th give that honor to besides his own son? There's not much about Naruto's birth except for the fact that the 9-tails was sealed right when he was born. We know nothing of Naruto's mother, though, she could have died during childbirth or while fighting Kyubi, in which case the 4th would have had to seal Kyubi in Naruto in order for Naruto to survive. Those who would have witnessed the event might have thought that the baby might have died with the mother and therefore the theories of Naruto being Kyubi itself might have arisen from that. Er, and besides, don't you guys think that Naruto looks like a younger version of Yondaime? ^^;; [/spoiler]

So what are your theories? ^_^;;

~haruno_sakura

[quote] Thanks Preston (can I call you Sasuke-kun?! LOL)! [/quote]

Only If I can call you Sakura-chan ^^

Neway I think your theory is probably right, I actually did think about that, and it may actually be explained in the later manga and anime sadly I am not there yet :( But I think its definitly a possibility.

[B]Only If I can call you Sakura-chan ^^

Neway I think your theory is probably right, I actually did think about that, and it may actually be explained in the later manga and anime sadly I am not there yet :( But I think its definitly a possibility. [/B][/QUOTE]

^_^ Hai, Sasuke-kun! You can call me Sakura-chan puwahaha

Anyways, I hope they do reveal who his parents are, just because it would be so interesting how everyone would react to Naruto if they found out that they've been shunning a son of a former [spoiler]Hokage[/spoiler].

As for more questions that I was talking about with my friend, this next question I pose is about Uchiha Itachi. [spoiler]I think it's said that he killed his entire family just to measure how powerful he was, and there were no survivors left except for Sasuke. The question is, why do you guys believe he wanted to kill his entire clan to prove his worth? He was worthy enough as a shinobi as he was already an ANBU squad leader by 13 o.0 and if he really wanted to show how strong he was, why didn't he just kill off Sasuke along with the rest of his family? Why would he leave a survivor he knew would grow up with thoughts of revenge, seeking power just to destry him? Could it be insanity or something more than that? What do you guys feel? ^_^[/spoiler]

~haruno_sakura

I am currently on Episode 64 of the Anime, and on Volume 23 Chapter 199 of the Manga.

So far the Anime has followed the Manga very closely, they changed an episode here and there but that's to be expected.

Naruto is one of my favourite's at the moment, but still does not compare to Hajime No Ippo (in my opinion)

Sakura-Chan! I think [spoiler] he probably did so because he is a sadistic little punk that wanted to see someone he knew could never hurt him (at that point) suffer and eventually try to pathetically try to kill him only to suffer all that time for nothing [/spoiler]

But on the other hand, I have a super vivid imagination ^^.
Or maybe it has already been explained... hmmm Still not that far yet ^^

My towns anime club started to show the japanese version with subtitles. where on episode 5 and it fun. some of the subtitles didn't make that much sense like [spoiler]"my goal is to kill some man" when it was suppose to be one man[/spoiler] overall i liked it's a good anime and i want to get it hopefully a english speaking one.