OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[quote name='Gaara kun][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Tahoma]The next step would be a Sannin right?[/FONT][/COLOR'] :animecry:[/quote]

uuummmm no.

The levels are as follows from lowest rank to highest.

Genin
Chuunin
Jounin
Kage (in Konoha's case Hokage)

There's a status called "Tokubetsu Jounin" which is between the Jounin and Chuunin levels. More info: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto_ninja_ranks#Tokubetsu_Jonin[/url]

I always assumed that Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru were the only Sannin, ever. Though, even if they aren't... Sannin means "Three Ninjas" right? So logically, there can only really be 3 Sannin at one time.

So... unless Kakashi became Hokage, there's no higher rank for him to rise to.
Kakashi has been a Jounin for about sixteen years now.

I like watching both Japanese and English versions of Naruto. I don't mind subtitles, but sometimes I don't like watching them. I'm so used to fan sub anime, though, that when I watch dubs I feel weird...

-ArV

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=r2vq]uuummmm no.

Genin
Chuunin
Jounin

There's a status called "Tokubetsu Jounin" which is between the Jounin and Chuunin levels. More info: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto_ninja_ranks#Tokubetsu_Jonin[/url]

I always assumed that Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru were the only Sannin, ever. Though, even if they aren't... Sannin means "Three Ninjas" right? So logically, there can only really be 3 Sannin at one time.

So... unless Kakashi became Hokage, there's no higher rank for him to rise to.
Kakashi has been a Jounin for about sixteen years now.[/QUOTE]

ahh gotcha. That makes sense.

[QUOTE]I like watching both Japanese and English versions of Naruto. I don't mind subtitles, but sometimes I don't like watching them. I'm so used to fan sub anime, though, that when I watch dubs I feel weird...[/QUOTE]

You get used to the voices for the dubbed version after some time so it isn't as annoying as when you first watch it and all your expectations for it are high. But yeah after you watch the fan sub anime for a while and then switch to English it is weird I usually resort to the dubbed when I'm too lazy to read the subtitles.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Its going to take you until tommorow..Heh I am watchint it right now..Lol I have been amazed with the cool fighting in this one atleast. I mean seeing Lee's [spoiler]drunken fist[/spoiler] and all of Narutos new abilities did make me enjoy that even though this episode is a filler..They van still do damaging things like this...That must have hurt his head...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

YAY! NARUTO!!! :animesmil This is my favourite anime to date ;) I love the characters! especially kakashi :luv: hes so....mysterious and cute! And about the age he became Chuunin (im not sure how to quote but i think it was rv2q that said we never really find out) i think, only think though, he was 6 because in the anime when kakashi is submitting team 7 for the chunnin exam and iruka protests saying they'r to young kakashi says 'i was half Naruto's age when i became a Chunnin' which, if Naruto is 12 would make Kakashi 6, i hope that helps :) .....yes that shows the extent to which i am obsessed with Naruto :animeswea

[QUOTE=r2vq]uuummmm no.

Genin
Chuunin
Jounin

-ArV[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Thats really confusing because I never knew that there was a rank that was there...The site does say that there is one though...How come in the naruto anime and manga for as long as I can remember. Why was there no mention of this group?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

NARUTO! Yes Naruto is my favourite Manga / Anime EVER!! Everything about it just makes me want to watch over and over again !!!

I really like the Japanese Subbing though, not too keen on English dubbing. My favourite characters are Gaara (Who totally rocks) and NARUTO!! who could forget him ^^

I wasn't aware of the Tokubetsu_Jonin though. It could be the special Ninja who are Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru although I'm not sure.

I'm up to the point where Naruto is trying to burst a rubber ball with his Chakra. The hunt for Tsunade in other words ^^ I can't wait to continue watching.

[size=1]Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru are known as the Sannin (It means three ninjas) and they are the only Sannin and they became the 3 sannin together (I think) sense they grew up on the same team and stuff. The third was their teacher.

Gah, It took me a week and a half, but I'm finally up to date on the manga! Yay! My favorite chapters are the one about Kakashi's past, he so cool.

[spoiler]How did Kakashi get the new sharigan (the one that starts with an M.) Sasuke's brother said he would have to kill his best friend to obtain it. It's really cool looking and the part with piggy back ride was really funny! hehehe.[/spoiler][/size]

[quote name='Arekkusu']I wasn't aware of the Tokubetsu_Jonin though. It could be the special Ninja who are Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru although I'm not sure.[/quote]

No, Tokubetsu Jounin is a lower rank than Jounin.

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Why was there no mention of this group?[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

Yeah it surprised me too, but it's everywhere online. It even had specific characters who are Tokubetsu Jounin.

[quote name='KKC][size=1']Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru are known as the Sannin (It means three ninjas) and they are the only Sannin and they became the 3 sannin together (I think) sense they grew up on the same team and stuff. The third was their teacher.[/size][/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's all correct. xD

[quote name='KKC][size=1][spoiler]How did Kakashi get the new sharigan (the one that starts with an M.) Sasuke's brother said he would have to kill his best friend to obtain it. It's really cool looking and the part with piggy back ride was really funny! hehehe.[/spoiler'][/size][/quote]

I dunno how Kakashi got that Sharingan. Though I really want to know. My theory is there's another way to get it. Or maybe because Obito [spoiler]is already dead[/spoiler]

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]No, Tokubetsu Jounin is a lower rank than Jounin.

Yeah it surprised me too, but it's everywhere online. It even had specific characters who are Tokubetsu Jounin.
-ArV[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Yeah I noticed that also..However I am still wondering about it after I saw it because in the SERIES itself I dont remember about it however, as you mentioned it was EVERWHERE on the net crazy is it not.

As a side note..What the F{edits out the bad letters ^_^} is taking the manga so long!?!? Its been like what...two weeks or so and still nothing...I am going to go off and explode now...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote]I dunno how Kakashi got that Sharingan. Though I really want to know. My theory is there's another way to get it. Or maybe because Obito [spoiler]is already dead[/spoiler]

-ArV[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking maybe sense [spoiler]Obito died (and he was Kakashi's best friend in the end) that maybe it happened. Or maybe sense Kakashi blames himself for Obito's death it happened... Bah, I bet Itachi just made it up! That loser![/spoiler]

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]As a side note..What the F{edits out the bad letters ^_^} is taking the manga so long!?!? Its been like what...two weeks or so and still nothing...I am going to go off and explode now...[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

Do you mean scanlations? Or do you mean 282?
According to Narutofan, 282 isn't coming out for a week to give Kishimoto some time to prepare.
If you mean 281 (which Narutofan only has RAWs of) NMR has LQ Scanlations.

PM me for details if you want.

[quote name='KKC']Bah, I bet Itachi just made it up! That loser![/quote]

Didn't Sasuke read it for himself [i]too[/i] in some scroll hidden somewhere?
-goes to check it out-

-ArV

Guest kuroinuyoukai
I have started watching Naruto and like it. I am waiting for Naruto to go crazy and for the you know what to come out! It's not my fav-but I like it. :catgirl:

[QUOTE=r2vq]Do you mean scanlations? Or do you mean 282?
According to Narutofan, 282 isn't coming out for a week to give Kishimoto some time to prepare.
If you mean 281 (which Narutofan only has RAWs of) NMR has LQ Scanlations.

-ArV[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Yes yes I remember reading that..I just hoped on narutochuushin they would have something else or have the chapters up faster than they usually do. Now I am just boored and held in more suspence to whenver the swirly faced guy is....[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I watch the anime (English dub) as well as read the manga. I am a fan, but I wouldn't say that I'm that big of a fan of it. (I like Bleach over it) But it's still good nevertheless.

English dub... I have some minor issues with it, but I won't bore any of you with it since most of you probably heard it a million times by now. But it's fairly decent though.

My favorite character(s) are:

Neji - Out of all the kids/preteens or what have you. I'd probably consider him to be the most level headed one out of the bunch besides Shikimaru. Maybe that's me, but his techniques is very good too.

Kakashi / Zabuza - In some ways I consider these 2 to have similar personalities. Both of them are laid back. It's just that one is on the side of good and the other is on the side of evil. (yin and yang so to speak) I like these 2 equally.

Itachi - Almost anyone that can take out Kakashi with one move has my respect. But he has style. (I don't know how, but he just has style)

My least favorite:

Naruto - I do not like people that're too dramatic. Or guys that're too hyper. (I can put up with females being hyper but not the guys) And he fits both of these roles. I find him very annoying. Any comedy he adds to the show / manga, I find it corny. I don't know. His negatives outweighs the positives.

I don't really care for Sakura or Sasuke either, but I'll leave them alone. ^_^

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tokubetsu Jounin...If they're lower than regular Jounins, why would they have those special jobs than? Wouldn't it make more sense to say that they are above average considering they've been assigned these special jobs?

Anywho, I'm really getting impatient that the manga isn't out yet... But I guess that won't make it come out faster, eh? :( [/FONT][/COLOR]

At first, I hated Naruto, but after I got to the part where his Nine-tails powers are first unleashed, I got more respect for him. I like Sasuke too, just because he is so cool. Sakura on the other hand, is kinda generic and annoying. THier is one thing I hate about the show in general, how fillertastic it is. The first 5 minutes of each episode (in Japanese, not the American one) is the last 5 minutes of the episode before it. It is just so unnescary.

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Anywho, I'm really getting impatient that the manga isn't out yet... But I guess that won't make it come out faster, eh? :( [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]I agree with you there..I can literally feel myself just bashing my head against the keyboard just waiting for them to come out with more. Oh how do I miss the days when the day after a raw cam out THEN the translated version was to come out the day later. Oh well those days might be gone..However atleast there is still the anime comming out on Wednesday. Look foward to that atleast.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Killer7']At first, I hated Naruto, but after I got to the part where his Nine-tails powers are first unleashed, I got more respect for him. I like Sasuke too, just because he is so cool. Sakura on the other hand, is kinda generic and annoying. THier is one thing I hate about the show in general, how fillertastic it is. The first 5 minutes of each episode (in Japanese, not the American one) is the last 5 minutes of the episode before it. It is just so unnescary.[/quote]

[B]Um yeah....
Sakura isn't [i][SIZE=3]kinda[/SIZE][/i] annoying, she is. I really don't understand why she is still alive. u_u But I agree with you on how the first 5 minutes and the last are filler stuff, and yes it is unessesary, but what anime doesn't have some form of filler stuff? In the end we must realize that there is nothing we can do and just accept it.[/B]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Finally after my long withdrawll Naruto 282 has come out in raw!

It was rather boring at first since there was only talking and me not being able to read japanease just looked at the pretty pictures...until it happend [spoiler]They showec um...I think shino is the leader so yeah..Shino's TEAM! I didnt think it was possible for him to become any cooler than he already was but he made it possible. He is wearing a hood now not letting us see his spiky hair... Also I think that the bag on his back contains extra bugs..

Then Kiba came out and I wonder what exactly he has been eating..because now Kiba is able to ride on his back! He hasnt changed much in himself though..So there wasnt anything new to say about his looks. Execpt he has lost his fur coat..I wouldent want it either after what happened to sakon and ukon...They had it on..I like that coat :animecry:

However even after all this time Hinata is still very timid around Naruto..I wonder if she will ever confess his love or him..I wonder what there kids would look like.. however from what I can see is that she did not change what so ever! She looks exactly the same execpt her coat thingy is replaced with another one and is a little taller[/spoiler]

Well I want to see more. Why wont the subbers give us any more subs...Why![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Finally after my long withdrawll Naruto 282 has come out in raw!

It was rather boring at first since there was only talking and me not being able to read japanease just looked at the pretty pictures...until it happend [spoiler]They showec um...I think shino is the leader so yeah..Shino's TEAM! I didnt think it was possible for him to become any cooler than he already was but he made it possible. He is wearing a hood now not letting us see his spiky hair... Also I think that the bag on his back contains extra bugs..

Then Kiba came out and I wonder what exactly he has been eating..because now Kiba is able to ride on his back! He hasnt changed much in himself though..So there wasnt anything new to say about his looks. Execpt he has lost his fur coat..I wouldent want it either after what happened to sakon and ukon...They had it on..I like that coat :animecry:

However even after all this time Hinata is still very timid around Naruto..I wonder if she will ever confess his love or him..I wonder what there kids would look like.. however from what I can see is that she did not change what so ever! She looks exactly the same execpt her coat thingy is replaced with another one and is a little taller[/spoiler]

Well I want to see more. Why wont the subbers give us any more subs...Why![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

*sighs* yeah just saw it and looked at the pics lol my favorite part was [spoiler]when Kiba came up and was riding Akamaru n_n funny stuff!(he's huge!!!) I think Hinata's hair might've gotten longer in the back but I dunno because the chapter is so short!!! It just looks that way. grr now I must wait longer for it to continue -_- Shino looks creepier than before!! but it suits him.[/spoiler]

yeah I can't wait for the subs (<----haha subs) ._. to come out.

[color=darkslateblue] Kiba is officially a sexy beast.

[spoiler] I was pretty sad that this chapter was short... and I don't think much happened. I've only seen the raw, and I don't even know if there's a translation up or not. And... I still want to know what's going on with Sai. Actually, I now know that Sai is [b]a boy[/b] ([url]http://www.livejournal.com/community/chuunin/1560937.html#cutid1[/url]). He looks like Sasuke's other brother or something. [/spoiler][/color]

woah woah I just noticed something in Chapter 281...

[spoiler]When Gaara reached out to shake Naruto's hand, Naruto felt uneasy because he said that shaking hands wasn't really his thing, but then [b][SIZE=3]sand[/SIZE][/b] appears and brings Naruto's hand foward!! Which only means Gaara can control sand!!!!! woot that's really cool.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]Lunox[/b]
[spoiler]And... I still want to know what's going on with Sai.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

wait... who's [spoiler]Sai??[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Gaara kun]
[spoiler]When Gaara reached out to shake Naruto's hand, Naruto felt uneasy because he said that shaking hands wasn't really his thing, but then [b][SIZE=3]sand[/SIZE][/b] appears and brings Naruto's hand foward!! Which only means Gaara can control sand!!!!! woot that's really cool.[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Heh just because of that I went and read that chapter over again..well atleast looked at the pictures...since I dun speak Japanease.[spoiler]Unless my verson of the raw was bad you are right that is sand.....However that means that how can he do that withough the shakahu(sp) ....unless its still inside of him...or atleast a baby version of it...What I dont know..[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]