OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]I knew it! I though that they got rid of hime for good so then I was about to prepare a very very VERY! angry letter...That would mean that besides all of my angry letters about the many filler episodes...Im going to have to do alot of orgnizating to do soon.

I still dont see how the new team can really be a new team. I dont know how sakura feels about that one guy and Sai. However I still strongly think that Naruto wants to go and kill him..I know I want to atleast.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I don't think Sakura likes him either cause he called her ugly or something like that near the end of the chapter. I don't really remember exactly what he said though, it was very mean. Boys arn't supposed to say really mean things to girls (I bet in the end Sakura will be the one who punches his face in with one of her super punches, teehee.)

I've only seen 5 episodes of the anime *cry* I was gone almost every Saturday due to Marching Band. I was going to watch it tonight, but they canceled to show some stupid batman movie! Curse you batman! Do you watch the show on TV or download it?[/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]I just mostly download it. However I came in back around the 20th episode so it was back when it was still legal..I think. and since they havent got any of the new episodes yet I just go and dowload them. Thats the one thing I actually like about being able to download them. Its that if I dont have time to watch it on the day it comes out I still have it to watch later. I really dont like the dubs because they take away alot of the good and slightly funny parts. I still watch it anyways. Why you may ask even I dont know. I guess there just isnt anything else on that is better.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='KKC][size=1']I've only seen 5 episodes of the anime *cry* I was gone almost every Saturday due to Marching Band. I was going to watch it tonight, but they canceled to show some stupid batman movie! Curse you batman! Do you watch the show on TV or download it?[/size][/quote][COLOR=Navy]Hey, don't curse Batman...Batman rocks, haha.

And they're still showing it. I'm watching the Batman movie right now and I know that earlier they said they were going to show Naruto after the Batman movie.

I finally downloaded the translated version of 283...[spoiler]God, I really, [i]really[/i] hate Sai. Chouji looks awesome, though. I wonder what other new techniques Shikamaru has learned...hmm. So many unanswered questions. And I really hope that Kakashi won't be out of commission for too long...then I won't have anyone to drool over XD Not to mention I want to know how he got his Mangekyou Sharingan.[/spoiler]

-DDG[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] For the latest Naruto manga chapter...[spoiler] Yeah, basically Sai called Sakura an ugly b*tch with no sense and Naruto a "no-ball bastard", which sounds lame. Sai keeps on reminding me of Sasuke with amnesia or something. >_>

Oh, and... I'm loving all the character changes. Ino looks amazing, as does Shikamaru. Everyone's getting hot. Yay! :D Also I need more Team 8, here. And Lee. And Shika. I happen to love all the main/semi-main characters in Naruto for some reason.

I also want to know about Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan. And I just want him back in the manga, too. [/spoiler]

And if anyone here is keeping up with US releases of the Naruto anime, did they keep [spoiler] Haku a boy? I've heard mixed replies, so I'm not sure.[/spoiler][/color]

[color=navy]Yes, Haku is still a boy in the American Naruto. The latest episode was, in fact, [spoiler]the one where Haku tells Naruto that he's a boy.[/spoiler]

He's been referred to as a boy since he was first introduced, so, anyone who says they haven't been referring to Haku as male is really delusional.

-DDG[/color]

I didn't see last night's since I went to see Harry Potter 4 with another Otaku member. From what I heard, it wasn't on! Does anyone know when , besides the Chunin exam, does Shikamaru fight? 'Cause him and Sasuke are my favorite characters, and I havn't seen him fight at least five times! :animeswea

Well, I guess Batman saved me from missing another episode last night... :animesmil

Anyway, in the latest chapter of Naruto in SJ,[SPOILER] Sakura and Ino fight it out for the final time. Ino, controlling Sakura's mind, makes Sakura tell Hayate she wants to give up. Then, Naruto, giving a shout to Sakura to keep fighting, breaks the spell, and Sakura gets control of herself again. Ino, being forced from Sakura's body and mind charges at Sakura. Sakura also charges at Ino. Boom! Both are totally knocked backwards and unconcious.

Then, TenTen and Temari fight. Within a couple of seconds, Temari ends the fight.

Temari throws TenTen into the air, and Rock Lee jumps from the seats high above the battle field, and catches her. Rock Lee then puts TenTen on the ground and jumps at Temari. He does an awesome Konaha Hurricane kick, only to be deflected. Rock Lee's sensei jumps down and stops him from fighting anymore.

Then it's time for Shikamaru and Tsuchi (sound ninja) fight. Tsuchi throws kunai at Shikamaru, having bells on them. Shikamaru figures out that the bells are to distract him from other kunai without bells, flying at him silently. Though, Tsuchi has a different plan. She has thread attatched to the kunai, which are now stuck in the stadium walls. She pulls hard on the thread. Kunai fly at Shikamaru, hitting him and making Tsuchi think she has him done for. But then she figures out, she can't move. Shikamaru has her in his shadow ninjutsu. Whatever Shikamaru does, she must do. So he throws shuriken at her. Tsuchi screams "You fool!" since if it hits her, it hits him. But Shikamaru has a plan. He jumps back far and does a back bend to dodge the shuriken. Tsuchi jumps back into a wall, and does a back bend, hitting her head on the wall...knocking her out. Shikamaru wins! :animesmil

Then Naruto and Kiba fight. Kiba underestimates Naruto, and takes a head- on attack to him, sending Naruto to the ground. Kiba thinks he's won... He turns around for a second, and turns back around to see that Naruto is standing again. Kiba throws down a smoke bomb and sends Akamaru to bite Naruto. Bam! Naruto is unconcious on the ground and Akamaru is sitting there smiling and panting. Akamaru runs back over to Kiba. Kiba begans to celebrate, but then is bitten on the arm by Akamaru. It's really Naruto! Then it's the to be continued sign after Naruto and Kiba gripe a little.[/SPOILER]

LOL sorry 'bout that. I couldn't help it...I had to give you the latest chapter review... :animesmil

[color=navy][spoiler]The only time you really see Shikamaru fight are the Chuunin Exams and the fight against the Sound Four. At least, those are the only two I can recall.[/spoiler]

Naruto [i]was[/i] on last night. I watched it. The Batman movie ended at 9:30 PM(EST), then Naruto came on, then IGPX, then Bobobo.

-DDG[/color]

[size=1]Out of everyone I think Shino is the one who fights the least (at least what it shows and stuff). So far in the manga we've only seen him fight once during the Chuunin Exam. It makes me sad cause I really want to see some of the Jutsus he does with ickle buggies.[/size]

Hey Nomura,
You might want to use spoiler tags if you're writing out plot descriptions that are as detailed as yours. ^^ Otherwise, someone who hasn't gotten as far as you might read it by accident and be pretty upset.

I compiled a list of opponents each Genin (excluding Team 7) from Konoha. I numbered the opponents by fight so we can compare the amount of fights each character has had. Some are marked as decimals because those fights were not even shown, just the beginnings and the endings.

The point of this is to show that Hinata needs more opponents. T_T

[b]Team Kurenai[/b]
Shino - (1)[spoiler]Zaku Abumi[/spoiler], (2)[spoiler]Kankurou[/spoiler]
Kiba - (1)[spoiler]Naruto[/spoiler], (2)[spoiler]Sakon[/spoiler]
Hinata - (1)[spoiler]Neji[/spoiler]

[b]Team Asuma[/b]
Shikamaru - (1)[spoiler]Dosu, Kin, Zaku[/spoiler], (2)[spoiler]Kin Tsuchi[/spoiler], (3)[spoiler]Temari[/spoiler], (4)[spoiler]Tayuya[/spoiler]
Ino - (1)[spoiler]Dosu, Kin, Zaku[/spoiler], (2)[spoiler]Sakura[/spoiler]
Chouji - (1)[spoiler]Dosu, Kun, Zaku[/spoiler], (2)[spoiler]Dosu[/spoiler], (3)[spoiler]Jiroubou[/spoiler]

[b]Team Guy[/b]
Neji - (1)[spoiler]Hinata[/spoiler], (2)[spoiler]Naruto[/spoiler], (3)[spoiler]Kidoumaru[/spoiler], (4)[spoiler]Kisame[/spoiler], (4.33)[spoiler]Neji Clone[/spoiler], (4.66)[spoiler]Deidara[/spoiler]
TenTen - (1)[spoiler]Temari[/spoiler], (2)[spoiler]Kisame[/spoiler], (2.33)[spoiler]TenTen Clone[/spoiler] (2.66)[spoiler]Deidara[/spoiler]
Rock Lee - (1)[spoiler]Sasuke[/spoiler], (2)[spoiler]Zaku, Dosu[/spoiler], (3)[spoiler]Gaara[/spoiler], (4)[spoiler]Kimimaro[/spoiler], (5)[spoiler]Kisame[/spoiler], (5.33)[spoiler]Rock Lee Clone[/spoiler], (5.66)[spoiler]Deidara[/spoiler]

-ArV

Guest terraforce991
naruto is very good for it ;)

[color=navy][size=1]1) Please post all Naruto-related discussion to this thread, rather than starting new topics (which will get locked or merged).
2) That said, when you do start a new thread of any variety, it would be appreciated if you added a little more detail to your posts. For example, in this case it would have been helpful if you explained why you thought it was good for Naruto to be shown on Toonami. Helps prevent spam, and all that. Thanks!

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]although in some bad reason deep down inside me. Naruto would become more popular if it was released from toonami. Since your going to see people...mostly little kids saying "Believe it" and " Shadow clone Jutsu" and stuff like that. The profits are going to start to shoot way up..maby there can be more naruto merchandice comming out of it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Yay I read 254!...or atleast as much I was able to read in japanease which is zero..

Anyways..I still think just from the first couple of frames that the whole team is just going to not work out at all. They Naruto and Sakura REALLY hate Sai by now after those comments. If I was naruto I would just go all demon on him, rip off his arms, and leave him to frown in a river. However I am not naruto so that cant happen.

Also when Sai was apparently gathering his things together and [spoiler]That Anbu guy came out and attacked him? He must have something to do with him being in that special anbu squad of which that one wierd guy was in[/spoiler] now as for the rest of it..I need to wait for an english dub of it to come out.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Anyways..I still think just from the first couple of frames that the whole team is just going to not work out at all. They Naruto and Sakura REALLY hate Sai by now after those comments. If I was naruto I would just go all demon on him, rip off his arms, and leave him to frown in a river. However I am not naruto so that cant happen. [/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]...I kind off like Sai actually. Don't get me wrong, I didn't like how he was a total dilhole to both Naruto and Sakura, but he's kind of cool to me. Especially his jutsu. I really think his justl playing the bi--h, considering he doesn't really have emotions, you know. I don't know why he feels he needs to piss everyone off, but at least he didn't do it this chapter, right? I guess I'm standing alone here, but I kind of like it that way. :rolleyes:

Also, I think Kishimoto did that so you'd feel nostalgic about the time when Naruto and Sasuke used to fight, because it was actually a long time ago in reality.

I think it's nearing the time for Sasuke to appear. I actually thought he was going to appear on the chapter called "Chidori." I guess I just really want to see how he looks considering he's still my favorite character...

Just gotta be patient... :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR]

yeah so I just finished reading chap. 285 and not much else was revealed about [spoiler]Sai, except that the people in "Roots" seem to be zombie like things devoid of basically everything but their task at hand. Also, Sakura notices the similarities between Sasuke and Sai but Naruto backfires and says Sasuke looks WAY better so :shifty: who knows what could become of that.[/spoiler]

all in all, [b]Tatsubei[/b], I think you're right in saying that it's nearing the time for Sasuke to appear, and if he does, what do you all wish he'd look like? As for me, I just hope he doesn't have really long hair (like a mini Orochimaru) :twitch: *eye twitch*

[QUOTE=Gaara kun]
all in all, [b]Tatsubei[/b], I think you're right in saying that it's nearing the time for Sasuke to appear, and if he does, what do you all wish he'd look like? [/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]
Odd thing about this is that this is the exact thing I was thinking about wile I ws comming here. Concidence I think so! Anyways I think we should make this into a litte....game of sorts whover get it right...gets praised? I dont know whatever they get glory and whatnot. Or atleast whoever is the closest to the actualy or something like that.

As for me, I am pretty sure that he is going to have that same purple eyeliner kind of thing that orochimaru does. and he is going to be just soooo infulenced with snake jutsus. So basicly a little of what anko knows..just even more..deadier and snakier..oh yeah I made up my own word.[/color][/font][/size]

I have to admit, I really hate Naruto so I shouldn't be posting here... but I do want to know, is it just me or does the English dubbing really suck badly? Do any Naruto fans feel similarly in regards to the dubbing? I for one know a lot of Naruto fans at my school who love the manga and dislike the anime for the dubbing alone.

I figure one of the major reasons they switched to Toonami is because it is a teen show by and large, the audience watching it was not the same mature audience found watching many of the other shows on Adult Swim. I highly doubt it really has anything to do with the shows ratings... actually there are a few official releases discussing the switch if I'm not mistaken, I should try to search the net for it. While the show might have some mature elements it's still a show geared toward teens/young teens.

My comments regarding my opinion toward Naruto refer [b]only[/b] to the show, as I hear the manga is pretty good but haven't got the chance to read it yet. Though I do not deny that on a number of occasions I have refered to it being more of a standard cartoon and less of an anime *shrugs* my opinion though, which I gathered isn't shared widely on the forums.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]To Persocomblues, just try to get the subbed as opposed to the dub if you hate it so much. I watch the dub because it's all I got, but in the end I'd probably still watch it considering, I don't really hate it...

To Chobitslover90, Volume 8 is one of my favorites because it starts up my favorite part, the Chuunin Prelims!!! It feels like so long ago for me, because I started there 11 months ago. I take it you keep up with the Shonen Jump version as opposed to downloading it, right? Well, if you want to download it, go to Narutofan.com, or you can read it straight off the web by typing Naruto Manga Returns on Google and clicking the first link.

To the usuals of this Thread, I'm pretty sure (I hope not) that what Sasuke wears will probably have a unnessesary huge knot on the back of it considering the whole Sound Four did so and Orochimaru. And I think Kimimaro had it, eh?

Oro? :animestun

On the subject of the Sound Four, don't you think they sure of been the "Sound Quaret?" It sounds badarse to me... :animeswea [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Tahoma]Oh! And considering Sasuke's my favorite, isn't it funny that my favorite part is when he gets his face handed to him by Lee and my avator is the person that scarred his life? That's why Lee's pummeling him in my signature... :D [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='chobitslover90']285!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you get that far![/quote]
We're reading the scanlations of the Japanese Manga. They can be found online.

[quote name='persocomblues']I have to admit, I really hate Naruto so I shouldn't be posting here... but I do want to know, is it just me or does the English dubbing really suck badly?[/quote]
It's not just you, there are a lot of people out there that agree with you. Me? I'm not one of them. I like the dub.

[quote]Do any Naruto fans feel similarly in regards to the dubbing? I for one know a lot of Naruto fans at my school who love the manga and dislike the anime for the dubbing alone.[/quote]
Like I said, I like the dub. I believe it's a very good dub. There's censorship, yes, but that's expected. A lot of people don't like the dub for (what I think are) bad reasons. Some people don't like the dub because it's a dub. I find that sort of attitude bigotistic.

[quote]I figure one of the major reasons they switched to Toonami is because it is a teen show by and large, the audience watching it was not the same mature audience found watching many of the other shows on Adult Swim. I highly doubt it really has anything to do with the shows ratings... actually there are a few official releases discussing the switch if I'm not mistaken, I should try to search the net for it. While the show might have some mature elements it's still a show geared toward teens/young teens.[/quote]
I still think it's for ratings. Although if you watch it, you might not consider many of the themes as mature, a lot of parents would. The way I see it, they put it on Adult Swim originally because if they put it on Toonami, it'd have to be censored deeply. They switched to Toonami because they realized it'd be a bigger impact on children. From what I remember (I could be wrong), we still have the Adult Swim censorship.
My secret hope is that Cartoon Network was being sneaky and asked for it on Adult Swim so it wouldn't be as censored. They switched it to Toonami so that dubs can get less and less censorship in general.
[quote]My comments regarding my opinion toward Naruto refer [b]only[/b] to the show, as I hear the manga is pretty good but haven't got the chance to read it yet. Though I do not deny that on a number of occasions I have refered to it being more of a standard cartoon and less of an anime *shrugs* my opinion though, which I gathered isn't shared widely on the forums.[/QUOTE]
Well, that depends on your definition of Cartoons and Anime. From what I can guess, you believe that Anime should have a 'deeper plot' than a the Western Cartoon. If this really is your argument, I have to assure you that Naruto has at least as deep a plot as classic shows considered to be major Anime. Rurouni Kenshin for example.

Like I said, I like Naruto, I also like the dub. It's not the most thought provoking series, nor is it the most beautifully drawn series, but it's a fun series that does its genre justice. If there's any problem with Naruto, it would be in it being long and drawn out, to the point of being boring. I don't think, though, that this reason would not be enough to consider it as "less of an anime".

It will be interesting to see your reply. ^^

[b]Edit:[/b] I can't believe I forgot to reply to everyone else!
I read 285, and I think even more so now that Kishimoto made Sai just so we can hate him for now, and like him later.
Unlike everyone else, I didn't even think about Sasuke during these moments until Sakura mentioned him. What makes you think he'll be coming soon?

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu']To Chobitslover90, Volume 8 is ine of my favorites because it starts up my favorite part, the Chuunin Prelims!!!//SNIP//Oh! And considering Sasuke's my favorite, isn't it funny that my favorite part is when he gets his face handed to him by Lee and my avator is the person that scarred his life? That's why Lee's pummeling him in my signature...[/quote]

Yah, it's funny. My favourite is Hinata but my favourite Manga Volumes are 9 and 10. The ones where [SPOILER]Hinata gets pwned in the face by Neji and the one where Lee goes DBZ on Gaara's ***.[/spoiler] I didn't like Volume 8 too much except for when Sasuke faught. That was fun. =D

I honestly have no idea what Sasuke will look like... the Knot on the back sounds like a good guess. But all their robes are fugly. I hate them so much. I hope Sasuke gets to keep at least some of his clothes, they weren't... [i]that[/i] bad in my opinion.

-ArV

[quote name='r2vq']Well, that depends on your definition of Cartoons and Anime. From what I can guess, you believe that Anime should have a 'deeper plot' than a the Western Cartoon. If this really is your argument, I have to assure you that Naruto has at least as deep a plot as classic shows considered to be major Anime. Rurouni Kenshin for example.[/quote]You named it, that's usually what I look for in an anime, again though the dubbing bothered me so much that I kept getting distracted from whatever plot it had. If it does get deeper, as you suggest, than I would most certainly look forward to trying it again in its subtitled form if I can find it.

As to whether or not I consider it anime, I suppose it isn't entirely fair to not call it anime simply because it doesn't fit both the art form and story-type I typically look for in an anime. I have a tendency to group Naruto in my mind with DBZ and Gundum - the Gundum line (all million of them, heh) have deep plots (more so if you supplement your viewing experience with the mangas), and yet I feel disconnected from them and regard them as... well... childish. I suppose I'm not a big fan of many action animes for that reason and tend to generalize many action animes in the same group.

That generalization is not necessarily a bad thing either (as far as generalizations go), there are [b]plenty[/b] of animes out there which fall into that grouping ? many of which I?ve had the unfortunate pleasure of watching over the years - but if Naruto isn't one of them then I surely can't argue with that seeing as how I haven't seen enough of it to determine that.

I'll keep an eye open with Naruto... maybe other forms of the show would help me appreciate (and more importantly) enjoy the story, we?ll see. Much appreciate your honest response. :)