OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=r2vq]Yah, it's funny. My favourite is Hinata but my favourite Manga Volumes are 9 and 10. The ones where [SPOILER]Hinata gets pwned in the face by Neji and the one where Lee goes DBZ on Gaara's ***.[/spoiler] I didn't like Volume 8 too much except for when Sasuke faught. That was fun. =D

I honestly have no idea what Sasuke will look like... the Knot on the back sounds like a good guess. But all their robes are fugly. I hate them so much. I hope Sasuke gets to keep at least some of his clothes, they weren't... [i]that[/i] bad in my opinion.

-ArV[/QUOTE]

Pwned in the face... :)

I was thinking, wouldn't it be funny if Sasuke pulled that, "Oh! I wasn't really on Orochimaru's side! I was a trick so that we could assassinate him."

I don't know why they didn't think of like, using Henge no Jutsu and posing as Sasuke to get close enough to Orochi to kill him... Actually, they haven't been using Henge at all... :animecry: [/FONT][/COLOR]
-------
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Sidenote: How many times does this make me on the top of the page now? :cool: [/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thanks to Masashi sensei, they don't use henge. That might be too easy. Or maybe...Masashi sensei forgot about that move. For example... When I write, Sometimes I forget a certain detail, and I move the story along with some other detail. DBZ for example. Doesn't it just seem like Akira sensei forgot about flying Nimbus? He probably just moved the story along with flying, because he forgot about Nimbus. Even if not, and he just wanted the characters to fly,he still has forgotten about Nimbus. I havn't seen Nimbus since the Saiyan Saga. I havn't seen Henge in a while either... Oh well. The story's moving along. :animeswea

[quote name='persocomblues']You named it, that's usually what I look for in an anime, again though the dubbing bothered me so much that I kept getting distracted from whatever plot it had. If it does get deeper, as you suggest, than I would most certainly look forward to trying it again in its subtitled form if I can find it.[/quote]

If you are bothered with the show at all, it isn't because of the dub. The script is essentially a word-for-word translation of the original and even if the VAs aren't that good the Japanese ones honestly aren't significantly better. Don't listen to people who blame Naruto's quality/lack of it on the dub. They're just scared to admit that the Naruto anime isn't as good as it is made out to be in the first place.

I like Naruto in both subbed and dubbed forms, so I don't have anything against the show, but I'm just stating the facts on the psychology (for lack of a better word) of Naruto fandom.

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']Don't listen to people who blame Naruto's quality/lack of it on the dub. They're just scared to admit that the Naruto anime isn't as good as it is made out to be in the first place.[/quote]Eep, so there is some disagreement among fans it appears! :) Oh well, truth be told I haven't been able to get my hands on any DVDs yet so I haven't been able to sample the subtitled, but I see what you're saying about the story. Sincerely hoped to like it too, I think the characters look adorable.

In manga form, in your opinion, is it any better? (That is to say the overall experience without Japanese or English voices, lol.)

All I got to say is... Naruto is Naruto, dubbed or not. So I love it anyway. Hey, Tatsubei, I joined that website. My username is OtakudotcomNomura. LOL, so you guys would know which Nomura was me. :animesmil

persocomblues...I wouldn't say Naruto is childish. It's about something that children could never understand. The pain Naruto feels. The anger within Sasuke. The darker elements. But also, there are some things you might call childish but I wouldn't. The happiness! Most of Naruto is making people feel good! Naruto's personality just makes you laugh! :animesmil Then there's the mushy gushy love stuff... For girls. Yet, we guys enjoy it also.

So maybe Naruto is a lil' childish. But not to me. I like it just fine, as a show older ages can enjoy too. It's for all ages...until ya get to the cursing and dirty ninjutsu... Well the dubb is for everybody. And the original...is for older ages. :animesmil :animeswea

[quote name='Nomura']I havn't seen Nimbus since the Saiyan Saga. I havn't seen Henge in a while either...[/quote]

Gohan rides the Nimbus to school between the Buu and Cell saga.
Konohamaru used Henge (or Sexy no Jutsu to be exact) when Naruto got back after the time skip.

I don't think they forgot it, but considering Kakashi is able to "sense" that Zabuza was still alive... I don't think somebody on the level of Sannin should fall for a technique taught at the Ninja Academy.

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']Don't listen to people who blame Naruto's quality/lack of it on the dub. They're just scared to admit that the Naruto anime isn't as good as it is made out to be in the first place.[/quote]
[quote name='Persocomblues']Eep, so there is some disagreement among fans it appears! Oh well, truth be told I haven't been able to get my hands on any DVDs yet so I haven't been able to sample the subtitled, but I see what you're saying about the story.[/quote]

The DVDs aren't out yet. Around March and July 2006 if I remember. The March ones are dubbed, the July ones are uncut.
Of course there is 'disagreement among fans'. xP Everyone disagrees on something lol. ^^ I agree with EVA Unit 100 when he says that the quality of the dub matches the quality of the Japanese version, but I like both versions.
Don't get me wrong, I don't claim that Naruto is the best anime of all time. I don't even claim it to be in the top ten percent. I just like it for the pure fun it can deliver when it's at its best.

[quote name='persocomblues']You named it, that's usually what I look for in an anime, again though the dubbing bothered me so much that I kept getting distracted from whatever plot it had. If it does get deeper, as you suggest, than I would most certainly look forward to trying it again in its subtitled form if I can find it.[/quote]

I don't think it's wrong to only enjoy anime with complex plots or intense charater development. Usually I prefer things with substance too. Naruto is my exception. Naruto has substance but not to the extent that I usually seek. The argument I wanted to make was of your definition of what Anime is.

You claim that because Naruto didn't have what you were looking for, it shouldn't be considered Anime.
I believe that a statement like that would be like saying The Matrix 2 and 3 shouldn't be considered The Matrix since they didn't have as much substance as the first.
I can also say that the Hey Arnold Movie shouldn't have been considered a feature film because it too lacked any sort of substance.
My final example would be saying that Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed Destiny weren't really Gundam Series because they didn't have the groundbreaking concepts and concepts of personal struggle through war that the original Gundam had.

The problem is that the Hey Arnold Movie still fits in the definition of feature film and must be called one. In the same way Hello Kitty, Dragonball Z/GT, and B'Damon fit the defintion of Japanimation and must be called Anime.

One thing that I found pretty offensive was how you compared Japanimation to American Cartoons with the purpose of demeaning American Animation. There are American Cartoons out there that have deeper plots, and thicker characters than a lot of Anime out there, but we would never consider them to be Anime. Just as we wouldn't consider these as Anime purely on content, we can't say something that [b]is Anime[/b] to be not, purely on content.

Maybe it's because I consider Anime to be a medium that I can allow myself to believe there are great series/movies out there as well many poor ones, just as in other media (movies, books, television shows, etc.) there are great and poor works.

Er. sorry for the rant. ^^ >.<

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]The argument I wanted to make was of your definition of what Anime is.

You claim that because Naruto didn't have what you were looking for, it shouldn't be considered Anime.[/quote]Which I said in later posts was a mistake, and how it wasn't fair to hold any anime to the critera of what I like finding in animes and what I don't like finding in animes. Then again of course it was what [b]I[/b] like finding, so I could very well have made such a generalization and would have been well within my right given the fact that I never denied it was a generalization. However again, I did revise that in later posts as I do not think it was fair to[i] not [/i]call it an anime.
[quote=r2vq]
One thing that I found pretty offensive was how you compared Japanimation to American Cartoons with the purpose of demeaning American Animation. There are American Cartoons out there that have deeper plots, and thicker characters than a lot of Anime out there, but we would never consider them to be Anime. Just as we wouldn't consider these as Anime purely on content, we can't say something that [b]is Anime[/b] to be not, purely on content.[/quote]My intention was not to demean or lower American animation it was merely to point out what I typically like seeing in a Japanese animation and what I often find in American cartoons.

I was specifically refering to american cartoons without deeper plot, not as cutting edge animation, and so on. I've seen a few good disney movies in my day (an example)... believe me I know there are some complex cartoons, but all and all they are cartoons. I don't watch cartoons. And yes by and large I do find Japanese anime titles more complex. As far as [b]other films[/b] are concerned I find many movies made from outside the U.S. to be by and large more thought provoking than the average american titles released, but are there thought provoking films here in america? It goes without saying. Do I like some of them? Certainly.

Same idea.

[quote name='Nomura']Why don't you just try to like Naruto? I used to hate Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist... Now, I'm like CB alot, and FMA is one of my all time faves![/quote]As I said, I'll try again. Might be opposed to popular belief but I'm a pretty easy going guy... if I hear something is good, and at first I disagreed, sure I'd try it again (it can happen that I completely hate it still, or it might happen that I actually like it). Just trying to get a handle on what exactly I should try (manga, the show when it is released on DVD, etc).

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Nomura']All I got to say is... Naruto is Naruto, dubbed or not. So I love it anyway. Hey, Tatsubei, I joined that website. My username is OtakudotcomNomura. LOL, so you guys would know which Nomura was me. :animesmil [/quote]

Oro? What are you talking about?

[quote name='persocomblues']As I said, I'll try again. Might be opposed to popular belief but I'm a pretty easy going guy... if I hear something is good, and at first I disagreed, sure I'd try it again (it can happen that I completely hate it still, or it might happen that I actually like it). Just trying to get a handle on what exactly I should try (manga, the show when it is released on DVD, etc).[/quote]

Do you mean that at first, you don't like something because everybody's in love with it?

Excuse me...I'm starting to get confused with this discussion... :animeswea :animestun [/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Do you mean that at first, you don't like something because everybody's in love with it?

Excuse me...I'm starting to get confused with this discussion... :animeswea :animestun [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]No, I meant exactly what I said (if it came out as confusing, I'll clarify once more). I disliked Naruto the first time around, but after hearing feedback on it perhaps I'll watch it again (or read it for the first time), to make certain whether or not I actually like or dislike it. As for my reasons for disliking it the first time around, I'm sure my prior posts will indicate the concerns I had with it.

[quote name='persocomblues']No, I meant exactly what I said (if it came out as confusing, I'll clarify once more). I disliked Naruto the first time around, but after hearing feedback on it perhaps I'll watch it again (or read it for the first time), to make certain whether or not I actually like or dislike it. As for my reasons for disliking it the first time around, I'm sure my prior posts will indicate the concerns I had with it.[/quote]

Wow... alot of stuff has been happening here lately....and it was all today in that fact!

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]But persocomblues...I agree with you all the way because I remember the first time I saw naruto at my friends house and I literally said" .. What the ******* are you watching..? It looks...pretty stupid...Then let four months pass by *.......* then I found it again and found it pretty intresting...why...I still have no idea but it does kinda work that way..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='persocomblues']No, I meant exactly what I said (if it came out as confusing, I'll clarify once more). I disliked Naruto the first time around, but after hearing feedback on it perhaps I'll watch it again (or read it for the first time), to make certain whether or not I actually like or dislike it. As for my reasons for disliking it the first time around, I'm sure my prior posts will indicate the concerns I had with it.[/quote]

Thank you. I really was kind of confused, but I got it now. ;)

I really liked it the first time I saw it, though. Maybe because I was reading the manga...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]I saw those 3!!! It's some good stuff :animesmil But, episode 100 is probably the funniest episode ever n_n

[QUOTE][spoiler]Kakashi: You want to know what's under this mask?
Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura: YEAH!!
Kakashi: *pulls down mask [i]slowly[/i]* It's.......ANOTHER MASK!!!![/spoiler][/QUOTE]

lol yes very funny, if you haven't seen it, GO![/COLOR]

[size=1]If I could find a place to download the episodes I would, but so far I have not been able to find any place.

[spoiler]I have heard about the episode though when Kakashi does the mask thing, lol[/spoiler]

Narutosgirl04, I don't know what episode 80, 97, or 101 are about. You can tell me if you want! [/size]

Guest crazyboi10
yea i say sakura cool cuz she hot :animesigh

-----

well i mean u need sakura but i choose sasuke

[color=navy][size=1]Don't double-post, please. And in the future, keep in mind that OB places a strong emphasis on post quality. Just try to use proper English and be as coherent as possible. Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=crazyboi10]yea i say sakura cool cuz she hot :animesigh

-----

well i mean u need sakura but i choose sasuke

[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]NANI?! I personally think Sakura should just die already! She's useless. And as for Sasuke *prepares to get pummled by rabid Sasuke fans* I think he is just a selfish immature jerk. If you [i][b]REALLY[/i][/b] think about it you'll see.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Gaara kun][COLOR=Navy']NANI?! I personally think Sakura should just die already! She's useless.[/COLOR][/quote]

Sakura was useless, yes. But she's still a pretty cool character. Especially when she gets older, Kishimoto decides to actually give her a fight or so.
This time-skip Sakura has [spoiler]amazing Chakra Control, Strength, Medical Ninjutsu know-how, and impressive intelligence and planning.[/spoiler]

I loved the technique and planning she showed off in the Naruto Movie. Take a look at the fight in the forest. That was just shway.

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]Sakura was useless, yes. But she's still a pretty cool character. Especially when she gets older, Kishimoto decides to actually give her a fight or so.
This time-skip Sakura has [spoiler]amazing Chakra Control, Strength, Medical Ninjutsu know-how, and impressive intelligence and planning.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman] :animesigh I agree with both..In the very begining of the story I did want her to die..I mean She really did have a purpose. The only time when she really did fight that I can currently remember I remind you. Is when she fought in the forest and when she was fighting Ino in the prelims.

However the time jump Sakura was just.....wow [spoiler]Now that she is a medical ninja, they dont have to worry about the fatal wounds and stuff. But when I first saw her punch the ******* out of sasori in the begining of their fight..I was like[/spoiler]OMGWTFLOLBBQ.

However is it just me or are there more connections in the teams that I had first though... I mean I dont know how accurate these are but doesnt[spoiler] Orochimaru (the team verson not evil verson) relate to obito who relates to saskure. Tsunade relates to Rin who relates to sakura. and Jiralya relates to Kakashi who relates to naruto[/spoiler] I dont think they are all right but many of them...pretty close..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Okay, this is going to seem like a pretty weird request coming from me, but bear with me. Approximately when--going by where we are in the English broadcast--is Gaara going to show up? Because I've just heard that he's going to be voiced by Liam O'Brien (Hideaki in His & Her Circumstances, Maniwa in Paranoia Agent, Mamiya in Utena, etc). If there's any dub voice actor who could inspire me to watch a series I have no interest in... well, it's Liam O'Brien. And lately I've been itching to hear him in another young role.

So, yeah. Help... please? Heck, just tell me about episodes when Gaara gets to talk a lot. :animeswea

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Um er...the bad part about that is that well...Garra doesnt really talk alot...durring the whole show since he is one of the more quiet parts... your not really going to see him if I remember until around the 30th 40'th episodes.. However it is very late and my mind could be playing tricks on me again.Thats all I can think of though, sorry for bursting you bubble.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]