OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]O.o I just had a though that came out of completly nowhere from this. What if its the sqirly faced guy... You know.. [spoiler] that one guy who has compltly no fave and wants to join the akasuki[/spoiler] There is a though that it could be him.. The Akasuki may have already contacted the spy somehow and...well I dont know its just that..I have a bad feeling that They are going to be tricked in this. It always happens like that[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]O.o I just had a though that came out of completly nowhere from this. What if its the sqirly faced guy... You know.. [spoiler] that one guy who has compltly no fave and wants to join the akasuki[/spoiler] There is a though that it could be him.. The Akasuki may have already contacted the spy somehow and...well I dont know its just that..I have a bad feeling that They are going to be tricked in this. It always happens like that[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy]Hmm that's a possibility... btw [spoiler]The swirly dude, his name is Tobi. A lot of rumors are going around that he could be Obito Uchiha because of his clumsiness, humor, and he fact he has the mask on that shows the eye that Obito had (The other one he gave to Kakashi). But I'm still skeptical about it...you [i]did[/i] see him being crushed under the boulder, but really anything is possible, it's already been proven in Naruto that people can be brought back from the dead (Orochimaru's kinjutsu)[/spoiler] so like I said, anything is possible.[/color]

It can't be Tobi.

Tobi knows that [spoiler]Sasori is dead.[/spoiler] Also, if it were Tobi, he could have met with Sasori [i]anytime[/i] in Kaze no Kuni (Wind Country - Where Sand is) and wouldn't have had to arrange this secret meeting at this Bridge in Kusa no Kuni (Grass Country).

Not only that, it seems that Sasori was getting information about Otogakure no Sato (Hidden Sound Village). Remember, the point of this mission is the same as all those missions in the Anime-Filler Arcs, trying to gain information about Sasuke. This would mean that it'd have to be a Sound-Nin.

Edit: As for it being Kakashi, I find that utterly ridiculous. The spy is from SOUND and he's spying for AKATSUKI.
Kakashi can't be working for Orochimaru because we know his attitude towards him. During the Chuunin Prelim's, after Sasuke's fight, Kakashi confronts Orochimaru all by himself. It shows how much they trust each other.
Kakashi can't be working for Akatsuki because he's confronted them too! He's fought against half their members! And he tried to kill [spoiler]Deidara[/spoiler]!
Not only that, did you forget that he's [b]bedridden[/b] at the moment? He can't move.

Do you remember the Spy from Sunagakure? He was a brand new character. He was in the story for about three chapters before [spoiler]dying.[/spoiler] I find it difficult to assume that this spy will be much different.

-Arvi

Guest Sasukekunsgirl
I love Sasuke-kun! :heart: Even though[COLOR=Black] he [spoiler]betrayed the village and almost killed Naruto[/spoiler][/COLOR], I still love him! I just like him so much!
And yes, to answer you, I don't like any of the voices.
Naruto - too annoying
Sasuke - not cool enough
Sakura - thought it would be a bit more girly
Shikamaru - doesn't sound annoyed enough
Ino - same as Sakura
Chouji - Same as Naruto
Iruka - thought it would sound a bit younger, but that one is actually okay
Hokage-sama - thought it would sound a bit older, but that is okay too
I am okay with Kakashi's, Zabuza's, Tazuna's voices. I thought some of the editing could have been better. Like when they cut out when Tsunami said she would bite her tongue and then die. I also don't like the way they translated the techs. 'Shadow Clone Jutsu?' :twitch: But I still have high hopes. [COLOR=Black][spoiler]Haku, Zabuza, Why?! I loved Zabuza and he died![/spoiler][/COLOR]
I am a bit nervous about, Tenten, Neji, and Gaara's voices. :nervous:

[quote name='Grave Yard']Is anyone else dissapointed by the english dubbing? I find Narutos voice so annoying my ears bleed whem I hear it. He says BELIVE IT every time he opens his mouth. They should change his voice to something less irratating like the screams of a dying animal.[/quote]
Yeah, lots of people are dissappointed with the English dubbing. I think, though, that's just a bunch of whining. They didn't censor out as much as they could have, and they didn't change much.

As for the voices, Naruto's is very similar to the Japanese voice. The most annoying voice so far is Sakura, but that matches her character. That's actually one of the reasons I like her voice.

For characters that don't seem to match their voice... Kakashi doesn't really rub me very well.

But Naruto's voice? I love it. Granted the "Believe it!!" saying is a little annoying, but what else could they translate "Dattebayo!" into?
Remember, everytime you hear "Believe it!!" the Japanese people had to endure "Dattebayo!!"

[QUOTE=Sasukekunsgirl]

I also don't like the way they translated the techs. 'Shadow Clone Jutsu?' :twitch: But I still have high hopes.[/QUOTE]

Hey Sasukekungirl! Welcome to OB! Don't forget to add spoiler tags to that part near the end of your post (that part about Zabuza) for those who might not have reached there yet!

I agree with you about Shikamaru. He didn't sound very annoyed, but to be fair, we only heard him say two or three lines so far. He might surprise us later on.
As for Iruka, it's funny you say that. Another person was complaining that he sounded "too young". Just goes to show that there will always be people complaining about the dub.

And you don't like Shadow Clone Jutsu? I thought it was a great way to do it. Shadow Clone is a literal translation of "Kage Bunshin", and since there's no translation to "Jutsu" they kept that in! Hey, a lot of fans were already used to the "no jutsu" thing before the dub came out anyway!

I think it's a waaay better translation than "ART OF THE DOPPLEGANGER!!!"

...what was Shonen Jump thinking when they did that.

-Arvi

[QUOTE=r2vq]I think it's a waaay better translation than "ART OF THE DOPPLEGANGER!!!"

...what was Shonen Jump thinking when they did that.i[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]-Twitch, twitch- They were really going to do that...That just sounds...bad..I had always though that Jutsu translated into technique though...heh guess I was wrong on that part.

About the dub though, I dont think it is really that bad. Although the constant saying of "Believe It" is constantly being heard through my mind and it has given me some pretty fearful nightmares everything about it is alright. I mean basicly nothing changed execpt for the violence and.....I think I can live with that.

As r2vq said, I really dont like sakura's voice..Its annoying and I want to rip her throat out but..As a ninja she is annoying ^^..However I have a strange feeling of what would Saskue sound like if he had the ninja of the nigh's saskue voice..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yeah, I'm believing it already...

But, I like Art of the Doppleganger! They kept it straight Japanese! Doppleganger, of course, means clone...

I don't really see anything wrong with the dubb, since I find it enjoyable anyway. But, they could stop the "Believe it!" crap...and start cursing... Well, I guess they don't have to start cursing, since there's no real point to it... But I'm glad they're showing more blood! But even if they are showing more, they still didn't show enough for [SPOILER]when Sasuke was getting blazed with kunai by Haku. In the Manga, he has 'em sticking through him left, right, up and down![/SPOILER]

Why dont we take out our anger in a healthy way? Let's each give everything we hate about the dubb. :animesmil

[QUOTE]Why dont we take out our anger in a healthy way? Let's each give everything we hate about the dubb.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'll give you a few things.
-Kakashi's voice. Those who have been reading my posts on this topic know that his is the voice that I just can't seem to get adjusted to. Kinda like how I never got used to Wufei... though I hated Wufei's Japanese voice too.
-"Believe it!!" A terribly annoying phrase.
-Schedule... they used to air repeats of new shows during the week. For example, if they aired a new show on Friday, the next Tuesday and Thursday would have the same episode just in case you missed it. Naruto is only on once a week, and the repeat is at 2.30 in the morning. Of course, this is YTV so you guys don't have to deal with this. ^^

Other than that, I like the dub... which is why I'm always defending it. It's a good dub.

-Arvi

[COLOR=Navy]Kakashi's voice is one I'm definitely not going to get used to. Whenever he starts talking, I freakishly scan the TV to find out who's talking and when I realize who it is... I shudder u_u; lol Plus I can't stand Sakura's voice but she is supposed to be annoying so it works... Sasuke's voice...fits him, no problem there. The "believe it!" what else would they translate it to? I can't wait to hear Gaara's voice, it [i]must[/i] be perfect! But I don't have high hopes for it. [/COLOR]

[quote name='r2vq']-"Believe it!!" A terribly annoying phrase.[/quote][color=navy]"Believe it!" is absolutely the only thing I dislike about the dub so far -- mostly because the dub is the only way I can watch Naruto, seeing as I've no way to download the sub ;_; So I try not to complain.

[quote name='r2vq']-Schedule... they used to air repeats of new shows during the week. For example, if they aired a new show on Friday, the next Tuesday and Thursday would have the same episode just in case you missed it. Naruto is only on once a week, and the repeat is at 2.30 in the morning. Of course, this is YTV so you guys don't have to deal with this. ^^[/quote]They play a rerun of the last Saturday's episode every Friday at midnight on CN...I don't know if they play it at any other time during the week, though, since Friday through Sunday is pretty much the only time I have cable ^^;

Personally, I like Kakashi's voice because that's pretty much how I imagined it to be =) So far I like Zabuza's voice the best, though. *grins*[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm so afraid for Rock Lee's voice... :(

They may give him a goofy voice because of his eyebrows, which I don't even notice anymore. :animesigh

I think Neji will sound find, for SOME reason, and TenTen...I guess she'll be ok to. But really I don't know what I'm talking about... ('-')=b

I guess I just have to have hope like I've always had...;)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Yeah I can only imagine what they'll do for Rock Lee u_u; Neji is pretty easy, they just need to find a guy that sounds cynical hopefully a bit deeper voice *trys to imagine Neji with a high pitched voice* :animestun . The Japanese voice for Rock Lee fits perfectly though same with Neji. I just can't wait till the 31st marathon :D nothing could be better for me than to watch some anime on my bday :animesmil [/COLOR]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I haven't watched Naruto, but I'm going to get the disc this weekend! *Woots* =P I heard its pretty good so I'm pretty excited about it. =)

As for dubbing... Some are nice but some are just terrible. I guess it varies :animeknow[/FONT]

[quote name='Anna-sama']I haven't watched Naruto, but I'm going to get the disc this weekend! *Woots* =P I heard its pretty good so I'm pretty excited about it. =)[/quote]
Hey Anna-sama, welcome to Otakuboards. Particularly, the Naruto thread xP.

^^ Naruto is a good series, at least... it becomes good. The beginning is a little slow and repetitive because a lot of the episodes have a very, very long flashback about the previous episode. If you can be patient through those episode, I'm sure you'll become as addicted to Naruto as much as we have. ^^

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm so afraid for Rock Lee's voice... :(

They may give him a goofy voice because of his eyebrows, which I don't even notice anymore. :animesigh[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I agree with Gaara Kun that it matches Rock Lee's voice matches his personality.
But, I always though Rock Lee's voice was pretty goofy in the Japanese version. He sounds like a kid in puberty whose voice might crack any minute. The reason I say this matches his personality is because Lee is pretty goofy by nature. Especially those scenes he has with Gai-sensei.
[spoiler]Guy sensei! Lee! Guy sensei! Lee! (a beach sunset scene appears in the background)[/spoiler] xD

The nice thing I found about Rock Lee's voice is that although it IS goofy, it can also be powerful. When he fights, shouts, or screams... it's always shway.

-Arvi

[QUOTE=][/QUOTE]
man!
i cant seem to go to any other avatars either!
anyways,i think naruto rocks!!
i just saw one movie of it though...........
if u guys wanna know wat it was about,then listen up!
"There was this pretty little princess.(Just about 9 or 10...)
She had a beautiful garden,nice servants,and a wonderful dad.(I didn't mention mom 'cuz she lost her mom at birth...)
Then, one night,her dad was murdered!
A servant sent her to a safe place.
There she grew up,as a movie star!
When the servant sent her away,she gave the young princess an enchanted crystal!
But,some bad people were after the crystal!(This is where Sasuke(my fav!),Sakura,and Naruto come along!)
The three uhh.....what's the word for it?
Oh,well...
And Kakashi too!
Protect the princess!
But on the night her father was murdered,she forgot everything!
So she must find out who murdered her father!
(Though it's really obvious that it's the guys who are after the crystal!)"
Now,that's all I can tell you!

-------

[QUOTE=][/QUOTE]
oh!
i think that sasuke is the coolest too!
but the english voices are definately messed up!
the *** voices r so much cooler!

-------

[QUOTE=Sasukekunsgirl]I love Sasuke-kun! :heart: Even though[COLOR=Black] he [spoiler]betrayed the village and almost killed Naruto[/spoiler][/COLOR], I still love him! I just like him so much!
And yes, to answer you, I don't like any of the voices.
Naruto - too annoying
Sasuke - not cool enough
Sakura - thought it would be a bit more girly
Ino - same as Sakura
Chouji - Same as Naruto
Hokage-sama - thought it would sound a bit older, but that is okay too
I am okay with Kakashi's, Zabuza's, Tazuna's voices. I thought some of the editing could have been better. Like when they cut out when Tsunami said she would bite her tongue and then die. I also don't like the way they translated the techs. 'Shadow Clone Jutsu?' :twitch: But I still have high hopes. [COLOR=Black][spoiler]Haku, Zabuza, Why?! I loved Zabuza and he died![/spoiler][/COLOR]
I am a bit nervous about, Tenten, Neji, and Gaara's voices. :nervous:[/QUOTE]
we have a lot in common!
i do think that the english voices r messed up!
they ruined it!
and yes,i love Sasuke -kun too!
i hope u dont mind me adding u to my friend list?

[color=navy][size=1]I merged your three consecutive replies. In the future, please don't double (or triple) post. Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

Guest erozay707
im sorry if i bug u just dont get mad and yell at me but im new and have no idea what im doing could someone explain this stuff to me

[quote name='erozay707']im sorry if i bug u just dont get mad and yell at me but im new and have no idea what im doing could someone explain this stuff to me[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy]
Well... this is a Naruto thread... so talk about Naruto, *duh* u_u; what exactly are you confused about??[/COLOR]

[quote name='erozay707']im sorry if i bug u just dont get mad and yell at me but im new and have no idea what im doing could someone explain this stuff to me[/quote]
Hey erozay707,

Welcome to Otakuboards. Like Gaara kun said, this is the Naruto thread. We post here about Naruto and Naruto related topics. The sub-forum this thread is contained within is the Anime Lounge. There are lots of threads in the Anime Lounge, each of them related to Anime.

At Otakuboards.com there are a lot of threads were you can talk about anything you want, as long as you're in the right sub-forum. ^^ For example, if you want to talk about Manga, make sure you're in the Manga sub-forum. If you want to talk about Video Games, make sure you're in the Play It sub-forum.

Makes sense right? xP

Anyway. I've been trying not to reply to this, but I can't help it.

[quote name='Kage Hakara']but the english voices are definately messed up![/quote]
Give me three VALID reasons why.

-Arvi

[COLOR=Navy]There seems to be a LOT of talk about the dubbed voices... How about we just drop it and move on to another topic?? It's getting very old and people are at the point where they are just repeating older posts. I mean c'mon people. There are other sub-topics on Naruto. [/COLOR]

That's why I was so annoyed. -.=

Anyone played any of the Naruto fighting games?

For the PS2
Narutimate Hero
Narutimate Hero 2
Narutimate Hero 3 (coming out soon)

For the NGC
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! (Clash of the Ninja)
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 2
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4

I haven't played any of the NGC games, but I hear they're better than the PS2 games. ^^ I'd like to get my hands on Clash of the Ninja when it comes out (sometime 2006). It'd be nice to have the option of the original voices, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Has anybody played them both?

Obviously, the best character is [spoiler]Hyuuga Hinata[/spoiler]. That only comes naturally. xP

-Arvi

[COLOR=Navy]Well of course the NGC games are going to be better for Naruto, that's the system they first started making them for. It's only on PS2 now probably because people were demanding it.
But NO! grr I can't seem to be able to find them ANYWHERE! Online and in stores :animeangr I have no luck whatsoever. I have heard of the new one coming out however and I'm thrilled :catgirl: Definitely waiting for that one. Are the graphics any good for it?? You can never really find a game with a good story line either. I believe Narutimate Hero 3 is coming out in Febuary. :animesmil [/COLOR]

As for the manga...[spoiler]So I just read chapter 289 and... HA! I was so right! It [i]was[/i] Kabuto! *dances* :animestun Orochimaru really is a creepy guy.[/spoiler]

[size=1]Yeah, I just read 289 and was like [spoiler]Oh meh goodness, Kabuto is the spy! That dood on Otaku was right! Lol. I think maybe the rabbit at the end was Naruto or someone making a diversion so they can capture Kabuto (sense he said he was getting ready to leave). I still can't stand Sai, I hope Naruto goes demon on him![/spoiler][/size]

[quote name='KKC][size=1]Yeah, I just read 289 and was like [spoiler]Oh meh goodness, Kabuto is the spy! That dood on Otaku was right! Lol. I think maybe the rabbit at the end was Naruto or someone making a diversion so they can capture Kabuto (sense he said he was getting ready to leave). I still can't stand Sai, I hope Naruto goes demon on him![/spoiler'][/size][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]Thats some definite mind linkage right there..I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I saw that it was him... Then when I saw [spoiler]Orochimaru I basicly said ZOMFGXD! [/spoiler] However since it was still in raw I dont know if he was there on purpose or if he caught teh spy in the act![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]