How long did it take you to beat IX?

Piccoloku

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sia [/i]
[B]ok.....question..... how do you use Dagger's GFs? lol [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, you have to get at at a certain point in the game to use any Eidoleons... At the beginning of the game, the MP cost is to high to use any of them. But after you get Ramuh, you would probably have enough MP. If you're talking about how to get them, there are accessories you have to equip to learn them. Like the Garnet gives you Bahamut, and thre Dark Matter gives you Odin.

And about the DeathGuise, you don't need to be at any particular level, as long as you're above 40, you just need to have had your characters learn a lot of stuff, and you should be fine. I suggest Zidane's Thievery, so you can use Grand Leathal if you get into trance, and Steainers Shock, so you can do 9,999 to him every attack, as long as Steiner's MP holds up.

I can't remember the name of the summon at the beginning of the game... it cost 94 mp i think... before she had her summons taken out of her one of the 3 times i beat the game i could use it.

Guest Voodookanaka
No u cant get alexander.
U know when u have all the summons cos your eidilon thing will be full (u cant scroll down nemore)
The last ones the one u get from the pumice (cant remember its name)

I don't have ark I'll have to equip my pumice on dagger Its really easy to master those rocks to bad Ii can use my fav one on Dagger Fenrer he rock I love wolves.

Well how do you beat the Death Giuse I have one person lv. 55 and the others are higher please help.

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]combined your posts and deleted one of them--kuja[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cecil [/i]
[B] hours, I think you are forced to be able to get all of Garnet/Daggers eidoleons[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, no, you aren't forced to get any. You have to get the items, if that's what you mean, but you don't really have to learn them...

And shibatku, here's how I remember beating DeathGuise...

Take Eiko, Vivi, and Steiner. Make sure Eiko has Curaga and Full-Life, and probably Pheonix. I also suggest Reflect. Also equip her so that she has high defense, First, you might be able to cast a quick reflect on some-one who has Hi-Potion and/orAuto-Regen enabled. Make sure not to use curage on this person at until reflect wears off. Now, after Meteor, if there are still people concious, use Eiko to cure. Just attack with Zidane, since he's pretty useless in fights. You can steal if you want, I think he might have some pretty good items. Now, I don't think I had Shock, but if you do, you're in for a pretty eays fight. Just use Shock for a few turns. If not, use Vivi's and Steiners most powerful attacks.(not doomsday, unless everyone can absorb or block Shadow attack) If you can afford it, cast a holy or Madeen with Eiko.

Use that, and it might become a little easier. If you don't have shock, and you can't seem to beat it, GET SHOCK. It is available through the Chocobo Hot & Cold game. Oh yeah, you learn it from the Ragnorok, Steiner's second most powerful sword.

I hope that helped.

No offense, but when people say how long it takes them to beat a game, it's usually about half of the ACTUAL time, dunno but that seems to be the trend, either way truthfully it took me 60-ish hours, don't remember why or how, maybe I got lost for a long period of time (not too unreasonable, heh), but as for you guys who beat it in 3 or 5 days or whatever, why rush through it just so you can say you beat it that fast? Doesn't mean u're better or a bigger fan or anything, just that you had more time, whoopee. Ah FFIX came out in November.....damn school, heh if it was summer yeah I'd probably have been playing it nonstop (bet I could find some way to hook it up to the bathroom), with occasional 'sleep' breaks. Heh hell back in the summer when I got Xenogears I fell asleep numerous times at 7 or 8AM with my PSX controller in hand, usually I managed to sleepily hit pause at least =P. Still that game was by far the longest game w/o any sidequests. Technically I've spent more time on FFt tho, heh I've lost count, but uh.....what was the question here again? Oh yeah that time thing, ah......yeah I don't want to rush through, even for that excalibur 2 thing or whatever.

with all my characters at level 99 all the side quests done, all the endings, all the weapons, all the stones, all the abilities, and everything else 70 hours.

you'd be very surprised how much juice you can squeze out of FFXI it has great replay value, the game is a great game.

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]combined the 2 and deleted one--kuja[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shibatku [/i]
[B]I played last night and I beat deathguise and Kuja by necron beat me anyone know to beat him. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][b][size=1]Gotta have pretty good luck and pretty good characters with a pretty good attack...

summon is good...

Steiner, Zidane, and Dagger....

Dagger summon her best summon... (bahumet... whatever...)

and then hope to god you're lucky cuz he has.... 55,000 hp i think...[/color][/b][/size]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]all the anti status stuff you can get your hands on :) so that you dont have zombie cast on you *shudder* i hated that move.... anyway he is quite ez... as long as you dont cast..................[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

A little bit more help with Necron...

Here's a dandy move that saved me one time... Make sure Eiko know's Pheonix and Auto-Life. This has only happened to me once, but Necron wiped out all my team members except for Zidane... All of a sudden, out popped Pheonix. My team was restored a bit, just long enough to let me cast a good Curaga. Unfortunately, something was wrong with Zidane and he couldn't move, so no Grand Leathal for me. :bawl:

Once again, if you wasn to make Necron easier, get the Ragnorok. Shock will take away 9,999 from him.:mrt:

[SIZE=1]I think that the tower is in teh beginning of Memoria. it is on the bottom of the screen while walking up stairs and climbing higher. Just keep try walking down in the beginning you'll find it. And by the way, I beat it in about 55 hours with most of the secrets and for those who beat in less than 25 hours. I think you're lying. Sorry but you are.[/SIZE] :demon: