OtakuBoards

Toonami Becoming "Miguzi"

Katana

I stoppd watching Toonami a long long time ago. I barely watch Cartoon Network period. I watch other channels that air anime, though I don't watch tv at all much.
I only watch TechTV's animeunleashed, and Adult Swim when I get the chance too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest riseterminator6
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]xxx[/FONT][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]xxx[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=BLUE]xxx[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[LEFT][LEFT]xxx[/LEFT][/LEFT]

I wonder if this is working... Oh whoops. Sorry. Kinda dozed off. Anyway, this whole Toonami becoming Meguzi thing, I'm having a real hard time deciding where I stand.

First of all, during Toonami, what the heck is Astro Boy? Where did that come from? and who would replace the best fighting anime stuff (that i can stay awake during) with some junk like SD Gundam? Who in the right (or wrong) mind would come up with that? It's a load of junk! I don't even like those Zaku robots that always make mistakes or whatever. Anyway, i really think Toonami has lost its touch recently.

Now onto Meguzi. First of all, Whats up with that fat green guy? Then there's some dancing radio, the purple three-eyed guys, who came up with this? I would like to state my opinions for the shows...

Totally Spies: What the heck? Who watches this? Please, somebody tell me? Cartoon Network has just pissed me off to no end with this crap! :flaming:
Code Lyoko: Here i bet most of you will think I've lost my mind. For Code Lyoko, i have no arguments. It's not exactly something I can get used to watching, but it sure does help the time fly by for me. (P.S. Anybody with info for the theme song please tell me. I LOVE IT!!!)
TMNT: This, no comment. Saw one or two episodes, not sure where i stand. Don't really think it's something I'm going to be watching.
Teen Titans: This is pretty much the only reason Meguzi is not burned and destroyed by me. I am a total Teen Titan fanatic. I cannot get enough of it. Now awesome to me that Teen Titan's is on every single day. :D

So I don't know where to stand. Meguzi isn't something I think I'll get used to as much as Toonami, but it does show my favorite, well, show. Anyway, for those hoping Meguzi will be taken off ASAP, I am guessing (key word: guessing) that this is a summer thing. It will dissapear after summer and Toonami (or something new) will take its place.

Guest Ultima_Omega
First and formost, im moving to New Zealand. you have Neon Genisis on tv there. Now for the rest of the post. Toonami has sucked lately, I agree. It has gone down hill since Gundam Wing went off air. THe only thing that kept me watching was "NEW" episodes of DBZ. I quickly lost interest after the seeing the same eps. over and over. I do, though, want to see Gundam Seed, but i cant be infront of the tv 24 hrs a day. As far as Miguzi is concerned, I have mixed emotions. I for the most part dont mind it. Totally Spies is only annoying show. Code Lyoko is actually pretty good as far as im concerned. TMNT is great, I grew up on the orginal. I personally don't like it when old shows are remade, but some are good like the new Transformers series. I wish they would show the originals too. I was a little annoyed when they made a new TMNT series, but that was b4 i realized that the original wasn't accurate to the comics. Give me credit, I was only a kid when the original aired, I didnt know any better. :D Teen Titans is good. I have never seen the original Teen Titan shows, so I have no comments comparing the two. Toonami needs to get rid of shows like Yu Gi oh and replace them with better anime. Of course my viewing habbits have changed toward wathing Adult Swim. I wish i had Tech TV, but my cable provider only carries it on digital and i cant afford that! :flaming: OK, that's all my ravings for now, I 'll rave more when I have something to say.

[quote name='Guess?']What the hell are all the teenagers gonna do now that Totally Spies takes the place of their favorite shows? [/quote]
Totally Spies is like totally cool. Also it's been on toonami forever. The big question is when are new episodes of JLA. I miss it so much :(

[quote name='Harry']Totally Spies is like totally cool. Also it's been on toonami forever. The big question is when are new episodes of JLA. I miss it so much :([/quote]
Not knowing just how sarcastic that post is/isn't, I'm going to respond to it in utter confusion.

Totally Spies was never on Toonami. Cartoon Network previously had it strategically placed immediately after the Toonami block ended. This timeslot probably brought on fairly high ratings, which would explain why Cartoon Network sponsered new episodes.

Justice League will air the season 2 finale sometime this summer, followed closely by the premier of season 3: Justice League Unlimited (which will feature a much much larger cast than before).

[color=deeppink][size=1]Sorry, I lost interest in Toonami since Tenchi was taken off the air. From then, I tuned in time to time for DBZ and DB, but I never really could get into other anime besides Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop (Adult Swim). No offense, but I just couldn't stand Thundercats, for some reason. Once the half that wasn't DBZ/DB started getting worse, I just didn't see the point in taking the time to record the shows and such.

Toonami sure does sound better than Mez...(something), though.

...And I never knew Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was from Japan. :sweat:[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Juuthena][color=deeppink][size=1]
...And I never knew Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was from Japan. :sweat:[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Of course they were, didn't you ever see the ending credits? They were also a comic first IIRC.

Code Lyoko is the most weirdest anime I have seen to date besides Megas XRL that was a dumb one such a stupid anime. I am glad they finally decided to make new Totally Spies episodes I just hate they started over the TMNT and Teen Titans series like we haven't already seen those episodes on Foxbox, Kids WB( had Teen Titans after CN),and CN still shows Teen Titan new episodes on Saturday and Sunday nights that was pretty stupid of them to start both series over.

[quote name='Harry']Of course they were, didn't you ever see the ending credits? They were also a comic first IIRC.[/quote]

They aren't, TMNT was created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird in the early 80s. The name was a pun on the X-Men's teenage mutants and the ninja's from Daredevil. Then it was snagged by tv and then it became a movie and a full blown fad.

But like most of the other major comics it was made in the USA before it was animated in japan.

I'm pretty happy about the change... I've gotten a little tired of taping my favorite shows every single weekday (although I'll have to start doing that again once Detective Conan/Case Closed comes on AS). Teen Titans is a pretty entertaining series, and I have nothing against Totally Spies, Code Lyoko, or whatever else comes on Miguzi nowadays. It took me a while to realize that the underwater theme sort of ties into AS, though. ^_^;; In any event, having a great Saturday line-up is much better than watching constant re-runs.

Personally, I'm much more interested in Adult Swim. Between Wolf's Rain, Case Closed, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (major hit, anyone?) and new episodes of Inuyasha, I think it's going to win back a lot of fans.

~Dagger~

Miguzi is straight up gay, gay gay!!! I say they should of brought back the old school toonami. with dbz, gundam wing, outlaw star, and top it off with tenchi and sailor moon. now that is toonami for . Before toonami was changed, it was kinda gay too, but atleast it still had dbz. I think miguzi should be showed on saturdays, and toonami all through the week. All in all i hope miguzi leaves, because it is a crock horse #%@^ it is the worse thing to happen to the network since Kids Next Door. I like that baby looney tunes better than that crap. I used to respect toonami, but now look at it. playing teen titans and spy tramps. That sux big time. But saturday toonami is pretty good i cant really complain. Except i hate that new gundam show. Gundam wing should take that slot. that is enough for now.
PS: We need motar back, he kept toonami in order, unlike that half pint of a robot that is on there now.

[quote name='King Vicious 2']Miguzi is straight up gay, gay gay!!![/quote]

Now [i]that's[/i] what I call a mature, well-justified critique.

[quote]I say they should of brought back the old school toonami. with dbz, gundam wing, outlaw star, and top it off with tenchi and sailor moon. now that is toonami for .[/quote]

So you don't think CN should try to show new series? Change is generally a good thing. It's impossible for most of those series to return, and in any event DiC's dub butchered Sailor Moon beyond recognition. You'd be better off buying the one of the sub-only box sets. Outlaw Star and Tenchi are great, but I'm happy that CN is trying to make room for recent series like SEED (not to mention Adult Swim's latest acquisitions).

[quote]I used to respect toonami, but now look at it. playing teen titans and spy tramps.[/quote]

That's not Toonami, babe.

[quote]But saturday toonami is pretty good i cant really complain. Except i hate that new gundam show. Gundam wing should take that slot. that is enough for now.[/QUOTE]

Then what the heck are you complaining about? I doubt CN even owns the rights to GW anymore, and surely you didn't expect to end up liking [I]all[/I] of the anime in Toonami's new line-up.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Shiguru]They aren't, TMNT was created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird in the early 80s. The name was a pun on the X-Men's teenage mutants and the ninja's from Daredevil. Then it was snagged by tv and then it became a movie and a full blown fad.

But like most of the other major comics it was made in the USA before it was animated in japan.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Oh, sorry, you're wrong you waggered how much? Oh I'm so sorry, thank you for playing tho.

Harry's right. and I have this on good authority from the people I know who collect comics because they're nerds. And nerds know everything[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
Miguzi Sucks! They should not put it on instead of Toonami! I remember when I was in 4th grade I watched Toonami. Now, they put on this Miguzi crap! It's not our fault that it's too violent for kids! It pisses me off. Teens need more freedom...

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Oh, sorry, you're wrong you waggered how much? Oh I'm so sorry, thank you for playing tho.

Harry's right. and I have this on good authority from the people I know who collect comics because they're nerds. And nerds know everything[/color][/QUOTE]

ooookaaayyy.. Look at any TMNT fansite with a tribute or mention of it's creators and you will see two NEW YORKERS named Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.

I'm sorry but your nerds have no Idea what they are talking about thinking TMNT was from Japan. The original comic was black and white because the two guys were poor... they couldn't get a colorist. It also made the comic edgy and dark.

After a little while the comic started making some more and more fans and thus became big. Soon the 80s show came about and the Archie comics... the original comic was being done at this point. A second volume was produced during the height of the turtles popularity (cira 91'-92') and was actually in color (in the comic all 4 turtles wore red bandanas instead of the colored ones seen in the cartoon.)

Then came the other CBS one that desperatly tried to bring the turtles back only to fail. Image then took the comic from Mirage and raped the material by cutting Leo's hand off and fusing Donny with a cyborg... ewww.

Then came the new age: The kick-*** cartoon, the third volume of the Mirage comic (still in print... and written by Peter Laird), and the Dreamwave comic that was released.

The turtles are as American and homegrown as Superman or rednecks.

I love this new TMNT it is much better than the old show I love the Origin of the Turtles series they have and I am now sadly addicted to Code Lyoko which I think is a great anime.

I love watching those two shows on Miguzi I would watch Teen Titans, but its old episodes so I just watch the new episodes on WB.

Well I dont really mind Miguzi much, if it plys anything that takes me away from homework and work its fine with me. The only down side is that weird show Code: Lyoko...what's up witht eat anyways? It dons't really have any good story plots to it, just the same thing every day. It's a good thing that TMNT and Teen Titans are on there, if they wern't there would be no point to watching it at all :D . The otally spies are alright, but not my favorite.

~Laters :beer:

• 1 month later...
I am completly against Miguzi. I still don't like the concept of "american made anime" totally spies is probably the worst of them, its basically a bunch of girly girls whining about their clothes, hair, and boy problems and it has a plot that never thickens. Code Lyoko might have done well if it hadn't taken so much from digimon, gave a proper first episode, and didn't end the same way every episode (and again the plot never thickens), I don't even see a plot in teen titians, all I see is random ideas taken from other anime and a bunch of poorly draw anime facial expressions slapped together. In all these shows they take the basics from anime and never give a deeper meaning behind it. You may say Im only saying bad things about them because their american made but I don't hate all american anime I think jackie chan adventures is a good example of an american made anime that was very well made. It has a plot that deepens throughout the series and unlike miguzi shows Its actually really funny. People who like miguzi please don't flame me im just trying to express my opinion. oh yeah I think "Miguzi" was supposed to be "Mizugi" which means swimsuit.

I know how bad this is, I work on weekends for my dad's home improvement company and when I'm done on a job I'm too tired to stay up or I'm talking online or out. The weekday afternoons where perfect for me to see YuYu Hakusho (though I perfer the uncut episodes), and many other animes since I didn't work then and my band and I either watched them or met a little later at about 7. Miguzi is a strange name too in my opinion.

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]I'm pretty happy about the change... I've gotten a little tired of taping my favorite shows every single weekday (although I'll have to start doing that again once Detective Conan/Case Closed comes on AS). Teen Titans is a pretty entertaining series, and I have nothing against Totally Spies, Code Lyoko, or whatever else comes on Miguzi nowadays. It took me a while to realize that the underwater theme sort of ties into AS, though. ^_^;; In any event, having a great Saturday line-up is much better than watching constant re-runs.

Personally, I'm much more interested in Adult Swim. Between Wolf's Rain, Case Closed, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (major hit, anyone?) and new episodes of Inuyasha, I think it's going to win back a lot of fans.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Blue]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][B]
[I]I agree with Dagger on this one. I mean at least on Toonami now they show new episodes and no re-runs. Plus I like the line up for Toonami even better. Plus now that Miguzi is now on at that times that means I have more time to chill with friends and do all kinds of things. I mean sure i watch it ever now and then if I home and have nothing to do, but I don't care if the plots don't thicken or anything it is just entertainment. Plus if most of you haven't noticed it is no longer a teen show thing anymore, it is entertainment for kids now. Thats probably why you all don't like the concept.

So if any of you just got what I said then don't be a couch potato. Go outside and do stuff with friends, go play some sports and other stuff! See T.V. is basically turning us all into bums so who cares about T.V. I mean just buy the episodes on dvd for crap sake.[/I][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]