OtakuBoards

.hack//INFECTION / MUTATION / OUTBREAK / QUARANTINE

DotHacker32

First off, for all who may be looking for .hack games, you can find all four, brand new at [URL=http://www.gamequestdirect.com/04555718011.html][b]GameQuest[/b][/URL]. That's where I got all four of my .hack games. And don't worry, the quality is fine and the site is trustworthy.
Secondly, for most boss strategies, take a Wavemaster (and if you can't take one, use your next strongest character), have lots of healing items, and strong equipment. Also, a good strategy for Phase 6 is to have the Twin Blade weapon Two Together (Data Drain the monster Stare) and use the spell Lanceor.

Making money is pretty simple, actually. You just have to beat most monsters and sell any extra equipment or items that you have (such as The Fool or The Death, if you don't use them). Beating monsters for items is also a good idea for leveling up. In most cases, I've found going to a dungeon 1-2 levels below my own works best. An easy way to decrease your Infection level is to go to a Forest dungeon (such as the one where you met Gardenia) of fairly close level to your own and beat all monsters there.
Also, Fairy's Orbs are the best way to get through any dungeon quickly and effeciently. They don't cost much money.

If you need any other info, I've found most of what I need from [URL=www.gamefaqs.com][b]GameFaqs[/b][/URL]. They have complete monster lists and a complete Items list too, I believe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest insane_twig
thank you for the info above. i have not been able to buy the second one(only got part one) any where around me. and again thank you :D

Guest mega-matt
I think you should...I liked it and it was really good...the draw back is that it just like the other 3 but it will end the story and stuff...so yeah its a good game if you want to finish the series...

Guest Ruiisu
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]
Yeah i think so too, if you want to finish it you should play "Quarantine". The ending's great i tell ya it'll stop you from wonderin' alot a stuff... :animesmil
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]Wooo, time to start the rant... I finally beat Infection last night after, what, a year and a half of having that game sitting on my shelf. I only played it every now and then (don't blame me... my mom thinks the devil lives in machines), and when I was playing, I was too obsessed with getting rare items, Mirielle-style. I was collecting all the Golden & Silver Axes and the elemental items (burning oil, pure water, well water, etc.) so I could trade for nifty stuff that I'll probably keep in storage and never use. So I need to get Mutation as soon as possible... but first I guess I need 20 bucks....[/size][/color][/font]

[FONT=Impact]Arg, after like 4 months I still havn't been able to find .hack 3 or 4 and my uncle went out 1 day and got all 4 at one time... I got mad. I'll probably get it off him after he's done, but I still want to own a copy for myself. Can't wait to see the ending to this series. [/FONT]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"] Was it just me, or did the boss on the airship subquest unlocked after you beat Infection make Skeith seem like a nancy schoolgirl? XD

...But I need some help, guys. I need to know how to get special grunties... so far I've only manage to raise an iron grunty and the dreaded noble grunties (Mon ami!). How do you get the others, like rainbow and poison?[/size][/color][/font]

[QUOTE=PaganAngel][font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"] Was it just me, or did the boss on the airship subquest unlocked after you beat Infection make Skeith seem like a nancy schoolgirl? XD

...But I need some help, guys. I need to know how to get special grunties... so far I've only manage to raise an iron grunty and the dreaded noble grunties (Mon ami!). How do you get the others, like rainbow and poison?[/size][/color][/font][/QUOTE]
Umm... his stats have to be bad to get so... I think it's like:
11 Golden Eggs, 3 Snaky Cactus, 4 Piney Apple, 1 Immature Egg

[QUOTE=_Kenshin_]Umm... his stats have to be bad to get so... I think it's like:
11 Golden Eggs, 3 Snaky Cactus, 4 Piney Apple, 1 Immature Egg[/QUOTE]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]Yeah, that was right. I got the poison grunty. I LOVE IT! " Master, you look extra red today, ribbit!" So... cute... and its little one eye... and its colors... take THAT, stupid Iron Grunty! NO ONE LOVES YOU! Feel ashamed! And trade me your Aromatic Grass while you're at it! [/size][/color][/font]

Guest Macha
ok ive done all the dot hack games (infection mutation outbreak and quarantine) and i had 99% of the item event done then guess what my friends dog ate my memory card ;.; ITS NOT FUNNY....well actualy it sound funny when u say it like this '5 years worth of gaming was eaten by a dog' roflmao but its funny to satrt your games again without fear of overwriting your other game data ^^. It only took me 2 weeks to get to part 3 and its easy :D. To bad u dont get Mia for like the end of part 2 part 3 and most of part 4 and ive always partyed with Blackrose and Mistral but u cant party Mistral in part 3 ;.;. But i hated doing the last part to get Mia back its eeevvviiilll 15 floors of data bugs oh my did my data drain infection have a breakdown lol it went from blue to red in 2 floors x.x i died fast cauz of that. Anyways dot hack was what got me likeing anime :D

[quote name='Macha']ok ive done all the dot hack games (infection mutation outbreak and quarantine) and i had 99% of the item event done then guess what my friends dog ate my memory card ;.; ITS NOT FUNNY....well actualy it sound funny when u say it like this '5 years worth of gaming was eaten by a dog' roflmao but its funny to satrt your games again without fear of overwriting your other game data ^^. It only took me 2 weeks to get to part 3 and its easy :D. To bad u dont get Mia for like the end of part 2 part 3 and most of part 4 and ive always partyed with Blackrose and Mistral but u cant party Mistral in part 3 ;.;. But i hated doing the last part to get Mia back its eeevvviiilll 15 floors of data bugs oh my did my data drain infection have a breakdown lol it went from blue to red in 2 floors x.x i died fast cauz of that. Anyways dot hack was what got me likeing anime :D[/quote]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"] A similar thing happened to me playing Final Fantasy X. 100 hours of gameplay, all the legendary weapons, all the sidequests, gone, because I didn't pay attention to which file I was saving to. I cried.

Back on topic... you can't be with Mistral in part 3? Are you serious? That's so lame. I've always done BlackRose and Mistral too. Oh well... guess that means I gotta start levelling Elk up... oh, one time I gave him an Aromatic Grass and nothing happened. I was so ticked....

TELL me there's not another mission in parts 2-4 where you have to have Piros in your party. I can't stand that guy...[/size][/color][/font]

need help. i already pass the 3rd .hack game and i need help on this cheat i found.

Hack//SIGN?

.Hack//SIGN (pronounced dot hack sign) is the anime series that ended about 6
months prior to Part I of the game, .Hack//Infection. SIGN characters can be
found within the game, starting with part II, Mutation. Four scenes from
SIGN can be witnessed at Delta Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (where BlackRose
first brought you). Each event is triggered by the completion of some event
in Mutation. Once you have unlocked each event you will be able to see
character memories wandering around in the root towns in Outbreak. They
appear as transparent ghostly images that walk back and forth in a certain
location. When you talk to them they will tell you a quote (memory) from
.Hack//SIGN and give you an item.

has any done this, if so please help me i tried it and it didn't work.

[COLOR=Blue]Could someone give me a hand with Magas on .Hack//Quarintine? It won't protect break, no matter what I do. The other day I was fighting it for thirty minutes, and no protect break! How do I project break it?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

wow that never happened to me, unless i killed them before they protect break, which you might be doing. you might be to storng. let your party fight the monsters and you heal them.
see if that works

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Man these games were fun!! I finally just beat all of it. .hack//quarintine was hard because you have to get so mant virus cores and its hard to get the viras core A's because your leval is to hight to fight the monsters lol. The ending on quarintine was crazy [spoiler] the final boss used drain heart on black rose and balmung and then aura killed the boss when kite tried to kill him.[/spoiler] I cant wait until the new .hack//G.U. comes out. its comming out on 10/24/06 I wonder what the story is going to be like. I havnt watched the anime so i wouldnt know. Oh ya on .hack//quarintine the 15 leval doungen is hard because u have to data drain a crap load. i died because my data drain said system error it sucked because i was so far in the doungen..........

• 4 months later...
I need help. I went to the net slums in the game, and when balmug and helba left. it said battle mode but there wasnt any monsters around. does anyone know what to do? theres supposed to be a monster but there isnt any around. i saw the preview thing and it said the monsters name but it never appeared. i was ran around the whole area and didnt see a monster. does anyone know what to do? :(

[color=#4B0082]*merges this with the original .hack tetralogy thread* Mmm. That's some hot thread-on-thread action. :animenose - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]