OtakuBoards

Crappiest Game You've Played

Guest ScirosDarkblade

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScirosDarkblade
[quote name='Falkon][b]PS2[/b'] Virua Fighter 4. Yeah, I agree with the bashes other people have layed on thi game. It was impossible to figure out the contols, the graphics were grainy, the gamplay just plain sucked, and oh yeah, did i mention the moves all look cheap as hell, and they lok like rip offs of other games?[/quote]

Hehehe. My main beef with the game is its extremely revolting visuals, both in terms of overall graphics (which pale in comparison to the competition), and, more importantly, character design. Every single fighter worth giving two craps about has cooler-looking and more interesting characters. Characters matter more than anything to me in a fighting game, because I'd rather put serious "skill improvement" into more widely played games such as Smash and Halo and Starcraft and such.

[color=#707875]I think the worst game I've ever played, that comes to mind, would be the Rampage games.

On the arcades, they were fine, back in the day. I mean, they were only designed to be played for a minute or two at each time. The console versions just demonstrated how boring the game really was -- and so repetitive. The repetition wasn't even fun, in my opinion. lol

I kind of wonder why those games continued to be ported all the way up to N64. I just found that odd.

I'm sure there are other awful games out there, but none come to mind at the moment. I'll have to revisit that. ~_^[/color]

[color=darkred][size=1]Whoo! Haven't played many games...uhm..ever...(sheltered childhood) but I'll give it a shot...

Okay, honestly, now that I think of it...only one stands out.

"Captain Novalin"! This "educational" game stars Captain Novalin, the diabetic (yes, diabetic) hero for all of us! The mayor has been kidnapped by an evil gang of sweets! Using his amazing ability to...uhm...jump...the good Cap'n must find the mayor before he runs out of insulin supplies!

Honestly, its a good hearted game, and you know it has the best intentions, but...my God. The cookie's AI is it jumps when I jump! How amazing!

I'll post some for other systems when (if) I think of 'em.

--Chris[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]I haven't played many games, so bare with me here...

SNES: Of all the games I've played on this system, the one I had the worst time with was the "Ahhh...Real Monsters" game. I remember loving the show, absolutely loving it. Now, I'm not saying the game was atrocious, I just didn't like it, and it came nowhere close to the expectations I had for it.

Genesis: I've played 4, count 'em, 4 games for the SEGA Genesis. The one I hated the most was not really even hated. It was just the least liked: Lost Vikings. Now, I liked this obscure game, I really did. But compared to Sonic 2, Primal Rage (I haven't played it for a really long time, but I remember loving it) and a Ninja game that I can't remember the name of, it just comes in last. It's too...complex at times, and you can't continue if you lose one of your three guys.

N64: I can't remember playing a game I disliked except one: Pokemon Snap. I just never saw the point, even at the height of the Pokemon craze.

Playstation: Of the PSX games I've played, I'd have to say...Digimon World 2. I liked this less than YGO: FM, and Digimon World 3 (which ranks slightly higher). It just left me cold. In fact, all three of the Digimon Games I've played (DW2, DW3, and Rumble) have been just bad. Hopefully, there will be a light at the end of the Digital tunnel.

PS2: This is hard, as I've been lucky in getting good games. But, the worst ever would have to be...Shifters. Shifters is an obscure game that has you as a mysterious...guy...who transforms and uses magic spells to fight evil. The plot is obscure and confusing, and doesn't really matter. All I cared about was smashing te baddies, and even that got boring.

GBC: The Megaman game I played. Don't care to look it up. Just didn't like it.

Those are my bad games. Thanks for listening.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Lets see:

[B]Nes:[/B] I cant remember any of my old nes games, so I cant pick any bad ones... however, I loved Duck Hunt, mainly because I was a young 'un and repetitive wasn?t a word

[B]Snes:[/B] Through recently playing an emulator with a couple hundred snes games... Robocop... oh gods that game made me want to vomit...

[B] N64: [/B] I played alot of pretty crappy games, any pokemon game, really. Stadium was fun just to mess around with until about 1 hour passed... then you just stop playing...

[B] Ps1: [/B] the worst: Some wrestling game I got free with like 2 rentals from blockbuster... oh god... The worst graphics, I could do a total of 1, yes 1 move the entire 15 minutes I played (10 making my character, 3 starting the game up). Only redeeming factor (aside from free, but that?s understanding, after playing the game) was that you could be an evil clown... which is always cool. Also... the blasphemy, Final Fantasy Tactics was nothing short of awesome! I lost my game recently, but after seeing my friend play his burned copy, it's pure agony of not being able to. Fairly time consuming, with training taking a long time, that downs it a little, but everything else was splendid.

[B]Ps2:[/B] I've played my fair share of bad games, though one recently springs to mind... Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel... Fallout [B]Tactics[/B] was always cool... but if you have ever played Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance then you're basically replaying the game, but in a different time era. Graphical matters aside... It has the exact same characters, just renamed with new graphics... same idea of :One strong, one fast, and one all around. Then, once your in the game, same old repetitive hack and slash that got bored [I]Very[/I] quickly due to the fact that it is repetitive (duh) and I own Balder Gate: Dark Alliance so it was increasing that game by a few hours. That and the story was -weak- ... Everyone suspects [Spoiler]the mayor to be the evil one, I mean... c'mon!! [/Spoiler]. Pointless, horrible, repetitive... and utterly crappy game.

[B]X-box:[/B] don?t own, so I can?t comment here...

[B]Gamecube:[/B] See above

[B]Pc:[/B] I actually cant think of any bad PC games off the top of my head, guess I'm lucky.
-=-=-=-=-=-
That?s my list, sorry for the long ps2 one.[/COLOR]

I'm only posting for systems I own, I actaully don't have that many bad games, off the top of my head that is...

N64: Pokemon Snap!, my mom bought it for me as an end of the school year gift, and I played it and beat it on one day, and kept playing becuase I'd feel bad if I didn't.

Game Boy: Dinosaur, based off the movie that I started to doze off in as I watched it, no offense if anyone liked it (the film), it just didn't apeal to me. The many characters and how small they are is so hard to make sense of. The game's storyline is a little bleak too.

Game Boy Advance: Dragonball Z Taiketzu!, the controls are so bad! I got it for this past Chirstmas, played it that day and haven't touched it since.

Gamecube: The Scorpion King. I liked the movie, and the game's okay, it's just not my favorite, enemies can take you out so quickley, the controls are poor, the moves are boring, and there isn't enought depth for me. But like Snap! I kept playing it becuase a parent, this time my dad, bought it for me.

[SIZE=1]I suppose I'll go via systems as that seems to be the theme.

[B]N.E.S.:[/b] Bionic Commando - A decent enough game looking back, but I just dispised that game when I was younger because I had no idea what to do and once I'd beaten a level I couldn't seem to do anything else.

[b]Sega Megadrive:[/b] The Lion King - I'd only ever played the game a few times at a friends house, but it was so repeditive and lacking any real fun to it that I really have to put it here.

[b]Nintendo 64:[/b] Blast Corps 64 (at least I think that was the title) - The worst game I have ever played is without a doubt. The game was just so unorganised and hectic, without any real instruction to it that I could never play it for any more than a minute or so at a time.

[b]PS1:[/b] Yu-Gi-Oh Forgotten Memories - I've only played a few PS1 games apart from Final Fantasy 6, 7 and 8 but this game (an many of those after it) have made me very wary of buying [u]any[/u] Anime based games. The game had just such a huge learning curve and unfair A.I. advantages in terms of cards that I got sick of it very quickly.

[b]PS2:[/b] Fifa 2003 (or maybe it was 04) - I was a massive fan of Fifa 98 Road to the World Cup for the Nintendo 64, but when my brother rented that game it made a mockery of all that joy I had once experienced. Bad controls, worse gameplay, just an all round bad experience.

[b]Gamecube:[/b] Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - Bad Controls, I had blisters from the ****** controls on this game, the use of the D-Pad on this game was such an idiotic idea that I can't rant enough against it. Good idea, bad execution.

I suppose that it but those games really boil my blood when I think of them.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gelgoog Pilot']Ohhh Bouncer yeah that one was....bad to be nice BUT I have an even worse game. And the name of that game is Saga Unlimited....yes that's right square-enix's first attempt at a rpg game togher...failed horribly...ok story line and battle system but...everything else sucked it seems.[/quote]

I wanted to quote this because it seems to further the misconception that Square and Enix actually work together on these games. Unlimited Saga was all Square. Enix had nothing to do with it. That game, and pretty much everything else released thus far, was in development before the merger even was final.

Despite their partnership, they are still very seperate studios. Enix does its own stuff and Square does its own stuff as well. They've yet to actually collaborate on a project together.

That's why comments like this bother me. I remember someone else here basically attributed the crappiness of a certain Square game to the fact that Enix partnered with them and somehow got their hands into Square's games. That hasn't happened at all. It's mostly a financial stability and marketing thing. Enix was more stable and powerful in Japan (believe it or not) and Square was more stable and powerful elsewhere. Nothing related to development of any current or already released games has changed.

Something like Chrono Trigger doesn't count because people leave teams for other developers all the time. It had former Enix members, but the opposite has happened as well. It's not the same.

-----------

Anyway, I'm wondering if some of you really know what a crappy game is. Blast Corps? Bionic Commando? Ratchet and Clank 2? Virtua Fighter 4? Even if you don't like these games, I don't know how they could be considered [i]so bad[/i] as to make a list like this. There's plenty of games I don't really like, but I'd not include them on here. Perhaps I just think of this topic a bit differently, I guess lol.

The inclusion of some of these is honestly making me laugh. I don't think sucking at a game is a decent enough reason to say it's not good. Other people manage to figure them out and enjoy them to a rather large degree. Then there's the complaint about character designs in VF4 when there's games like Tekken out there. Huh?

Go play a game like Super Pitfall, Bad Mother Truckers or Deadly Towers lol. You guys haven't even scratched the surface with some of these.

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']Despite their partnership, they are still very seperate studios. Enix does its own stuff and Square does its own stuff as well. They've yet to actually collaborate on a project together.[/quote]

[color=teal]Well yeah, but even if Square published or developed a game single handily, Enix will always be there to sweep in some of the credit, and vice versa. Star Ocean 3 is an Enix game, though the publishers are stated as 'Square-Enix', so officially they're together, and technically they aren't, see what I'm saying? That's probably why most people refer to them together.

Crappy games? The worst game I have ever come across has just got to be Johnny Bazooka Tone. I had it on the Sega Saturn (it wouldn't have been too different on the PlayStation, I'd imagine) and the concept of it was just awful, not to mention the gameplay. An Elvis Presley look-a-like running around and shooting beams out of his guitar is just not at all feasible of a good idea. A disgrace to the platformer.[/color]

[quote name='Wingnut Ninja][color=teal']Well yeah, but even if Square published or developed a game single handily, Enix will always be there to sweep in some of the credit, and vice versa. Star Ocean 3 is an Enix game, though the publishers are stated as 'Square-Enix', so officially they're together, and technically they aren't, see what I'm saying? That's probably why most people refer to them together.[/color][/quote]

Well, I understand that they're one company... but a lot of people seem to have this misconception that they're now one development studio. I can see why, but I have always been a big Enix fan and like to keep them distinctly seperate in development terms heh.

I remember this game a while ago called "Hunter the reckoning" or something. My friend wanted me to rent it, so I was like OK, I don't even care because we had a coupon, so we only spend 2 bucks, it was worth a try.

Turned out to be the worst game I have ever played. The controls were simple, but the zombies were all the same, and it was just terrible. Plus the bosses took 20 minutes to beat them, it was so rediculous.

• 2 weeks later...
I can'tthink of a bad game for Nes or Snes, but...

N64: Pokemon Snap: While reading this thread, alot of people put Pokemon Snap as a bad game. I liked it when I was into Pokemon, but now that I look back at it, why in the hell did I love that game so much. Just the basic premisis of the game is retarded! YOU TAKE PICTURES OF DEFORMED CHIBI RATS AND DINOSAURS AND ANY OTHER ANIMAL YOU CAN THINK OF! It was just a marketing thing to try and make Pokemon take over the universe. But, then everyone grew up.

Oh yeah, the person who said all games were bad for Sega CD. There was one good game, Sewer Shark. The Worst Game I Have Ever Played goes to Night Trap of the Sega CD. It was about these teenagers having a sleepover, and all these ninja-esque burgalers would invade the house and steal away with the teens. But, the house was rigged with traps, and you had to get the burgalers before they kill everyone.

Not only did the controls wanna make you put you foot into the developers of this games arses, but when you did catch a bad guy, they would pop up in the same place, doing the SAME DAMN THING! THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO STAY IN THE TRAPS! Plus, the acting was FREAKING BAD! SO BAD!

• 4 months later...
Guest hellfire
I've Been Wondering I Want To No What The Worst Game Ever Is I Have Played Lots Of Games But Most Of Them Are Good Can Any One Tell Me.

[color=#4B0082]Merged this with a previous thread on the same subject. If you read back through the thread, you should find a good number of opinions about bad games, in addition to any new posts. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I've played my share of bad videogames although quite a few come to mind when someone looks for the very worst one I've played. That title is strictly reserved for [b]YuGiOh: Forgotten Memories[/b], the pain that game inflicted on my mind with it's awful gameplay, worse graphics and with unbelievable luck for the A.I. After playing that I became wary of playing any other a games based on Animes although Legacy of Goku II was a pleasant change. Other than Forgotten Memories, [B]Blast Corps 64[/B] would be another game which I will forever live in contempt of both it and it's creators.[/SIZE]

Halo 2. Horrible game. Here I was expecting a bad *** game and, in my mind at least, I got a load of crap. Cut scenes are choppy, textures are dodgy. Waste of my money. The game is dull. The story is blegh. Only game I have almost fallen asleep while playing. Sure, they spent most of the time on the multiplayer aspect, but who only buys games for that? If you want multiplayer, buy a computer game and play it online for free. I loathe this game.

Yes there are a lot of fragments in my above post. I know. But I just hate the game too much that everything just poured out of me. I'm probably the only one who feels that way about this game, lol. o_0

[QUOTE=Zeta]Halo 2. Horrible game. Here I was expecting a bad *** game and, in my mind at least, I got a load of crap. Cut scenes are choppy, textures are dodgy. Waste of my money. The game is dull. The story is blegh. Only game I have almost fallen asleep while playing. Sure, they spent most of the time on the multiplayer aspect, but who only buys games for that? If you want multiplayer, buy a computer game and play it online for free. I loathe this game.

Yes there are a lot of fragments in my above post. I know. But I just hate the game too much that everything just poured out of me. I'm probably the only one who feels that way about this game, lol. o_0[/QUOTE]

[color=green]Halo 2 may just be a blah game, but the worst game you've ever played? Come on...

I'd have to say the worst game I've ever played was [b]Back Track[/b] for Gameboy Advance. Disgusting pixels and utterly abysmal graphics. I could have thought up the storyline drunk. Biggest waste of $30 I've ever spent.[/color]

Hmmmm............ has anyone ever played Pac Man World 2? I think it was on all of the consoles..... it had the worst camera ever. you would jump completely foreword, and the camera would e everywhere. When you did jump, you would turn in your jump and stuff. The platforming wasn't terrible, but you could beat the game in under 2 hours. The only reason I stopped playing it is because the camera made it impossible.... I gotta go

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a winner! The Adventures of Bayou Billy.

Worst hit detection ever implemented in anything interactive, not to mention simply a game design intended to make your brain bleed out of your ears and nostrils.

I really only have to mention one thing: the crocodiles.

Pokemon Snap was a great game! there were all kinds of secret special things, and you could spend plenty of time trying to get the best score. My MOM beat that game.

Finding Nemo for the GBA SUCKS. I am all about games for kids, but most of these freaking Disney games are confusing and hard like this one. Another bad game like this was Donald Duck Going Quackers for the N64. It was weird, screwed up, and difficult, and the game never seemed to want to save.

[quote name='ThatOneOddDude]Finding Nemo for the [b]GBA SUCKS[/b'].[/quote]
Haha, forget about the GBA version...try suffering through the console versions, specifically, Cube version. I timed one of the cut-scene load times at 3 minutes...[i]cut scene load time[/i], mind you...not [i]level[/i] load time (that was even longer). Not to mention that each level, and each cut scene, weren't even 10 minutes long a piece.

Finding Nemo for Gamecube...by far, the crappiest game I have ever played.

[font=georgia][color=blue][i]The only game that I have played and comes to mind as absolutely, positively sucky is Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events for GBA. I bought this game because I own the books and the movie looks funny. But 13% into it I'm stuck, I have no idea why and guess what? The walkthrough written for it doesn't cover the GBA platform. Ain't life funny?

Most of the Sonic the Hedgehog games got on my nerves. I never found all of the time warps, or hidden areas, or any of that happiness. It would just frustrate me to no end.[/color][/font][/i]