OtakuBoards

myOtaku v2 Wish List?

Adam

I read something about a chat and that's an idea I've been having for a while, that way even non-myotaku members could meet otakus and may even join. Other good idea might be to allow "guests" to leave comments or sign guestbooks.(by guests I mean non-otaku members)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Onoki
What I've noticed lately with some of the artists that have alot of art thats it takes up space on their site!

How about a Archives for their artwork list even select the size of how big you want the list to be and to view more artwork just click on archives...

I would call it Artwork Archives!

Hmm... Here!

[url]http://animemusicvideos.org/members/download.php?v=29671&d=37915&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.csulb.edu%2F%7Ejsalaza5%2Fmedia%2Fchrnopride.wmv[/url]

[url]http://www.evilspazz.com/roar_fatal_fury_02.wmv[/url]

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/moonrise/FlyingThroughTime.rm[/url]

[url]http://www.animerudeboyproductions.com/videos/eva-linkin_park-in_the_end.mpg[/url]

[url]http://www.jesca.byinter.net/videos/SpectacularAnime.mpg[/url]

[url]http://www.urbiaclub.de/fc/1272/album/1060302720BR.mpg[/url]

[url]http://animemusicvideos.org/members/download.php?v=1171&d=31466&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jhgfd.com%2Fvideo%2Fvideo%2FJeff+Heller+-+EBYTR.mpg[/url]

[url]http://animemusicvideos.org/members/download.php?v=8481&d=18023&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdeathgatestudios.com%2Famvs%2FDeathgate%2520Studios%2520-%2520Tanshin.mpg[/url]

[url]http://www.madhousemedia.com.au/championferret/thechobitsamv.mpg[/url]

Ha ha! Looks like ya got spammed! Nah its just my calling card.... there cool to watch!

Well, Onokij Out!!!

[QUOTE=Onoki]What I've noticed lately with some of the artists that have alot of art thats it takes up space on their site!

How about a Archives for their artwork list even select the size of how big you want the list to be and to view more artwork just click on archives...

I would call it Artwork Archives![/QUOTE]Ooh. That's a good idea. What if instead of a link to an archive, though, there was a drop-down bar. That way people with slow internet connections, such as me, wouldn't have to wait for a new page to load up.

[font=Georgia][color=blue]I currently have one suggestion. I didn't read through all the suggestions (some were pretty cool!), but I did do a search for the word "preview."[/color][/font]

[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]Anyway, I think a "preview post" like we have here at OB would be a cool thing to have. It would be helpful to make sure all the HTML and what-not came out properly.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Who?']One thing that is a real hassle for me is having to put in the same large block of html every time I post. If you're going to put in editors for things as simple as color and italics, there's certainly room for a section such as "Post Properties", where you could insert some html that would automatically appear every time you made a new post.[/quote]

[color=deeppink][size=1]That'd be nifty. ^_^;

I was wondering if you could put some sort of limit in the introduction. Some people have like, 20 quiz results, and it's a real hassle to scroll all the way past that to get to the actual post. Also, I was wondering if it would be possible to include the time a myOtaku was updated, so we don't miss any posts in case they post again in the same day. x.x;

*can't wait for V2!*[/color][/size]

[quote name='Juuthena][color=deeppink][size=1]Also, I was wondering if it would be possible to include the time a myOtaku was updated, so we don't miss any posts in case they post again in the same day. x.x;*[/color'][/size][/quote][size=1]But wouldn't it only show the last time it was updated, anyway?

I think most people have their pages set to more than one post on the front page. I think James is the only person I sometimes miss due to multiple updates.

What would be convenient is a link at the bottom of the page to perhaps the last update, or two or three.
[center]-------[/center]

[color=silver]April 10, 2004[/color][/size]
[b][size=3]Pretend this is a post update[/size][/b]
[quote]This is an example post that will go on for a little bit because I'm trying to simulate an update, and most updates are usually a couple paragraphs long at least.

Anyway, the idea is that there might be a default, or an option in the profile, that would allow for a couple links at the bottom of the page, right around the "Archives" link.

Instead of just having an "Archives" link, there could also be a link to the first post or two that's fallen off the page. Not that you can't access them just as easily by clicking the archives link, but it would be a convenient way to see if there were posts that you missed, and provide a way to access them without having to check archives to see whether or not they exist.[/quote]
[size=1][b]Last updates: [/b][u][url=http://]April 9, 2004[/url][/u] [u] [url=http://]April 9, 2004[/url][/u][/size]
[RIGHT][url=http://][u]Archives[/u][/url][/RIGHT]
[center]-------[/center]
[size=1]And that's my rambling for the day, heh.[/size]

[quote name='duorocks17][font=Century Gothic][color=blue]I think it would be fun if we could make the whole table set of the myO transparent, that way, if we have a background, you can acutally see what it is. I believed you mentioned making it more easier for us to "make it our own" site. I can't wait. :)[/color'][/font][/quote][color=navy]I agree with Duorocks, I would like it if I could see the wallpapers that are put up on the various MyO sites, although I think that a button that hides the actual table would be easier to do than making everything transparent. Also, please get rid of all of the white around the logo at the top of the page, I find it quite annoying. [/color]

The only real issue is that a lot of people on myOtaku really have almost no sense of design. I'm not trying to sound offensive, but a lot of the color schemes and stuff are blinding already as it is. Trying to read small typefaces on a super busy background (which is very likely to happen) is a very scary thought.

Not saying that it shouldn't be an option... just saying I hope people think about what they put together on their page so that people can still read it lol.

[QUOTE=Juuthena][color=deeppink][size=1]
I was wondering if you could put some sort of limit in the introduction. Some people have like, 20 quiz results, and it's a real hassle to scroll all the way past that to get to the actual post.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]I think it would be better if it was limited number of image tags, not a character limit. Like, fifteen at the very most and only one over 200 by 200. This would stop quizzes in intros (cause they should be down the bottom and most quiz result images are huge) and still let people have a reasonable number of buttons.

And, as a sienote, if we were to provide a link to our OB profile people would have to know their usernumber (available in the address bar of a profile page). OB profiles are stored as a number, so I don't know how putting in your name would work.

~CrH~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=indigo]This is something that I've wished for ever since I started using any decent amount of HTML on my page: Have an "HTML Only" option which, if selected, makes it so only HTML and javacript and whatnot is recognized in your introduction and Otaku Life posts. As it is, I have to have all the HTML on a single line, or else myOtaku thinks I have a bunch of line breaks in it, which leads to weird spacing issues and code not working. And when working with a big section of HTML, such as the Midi Archive bit on my page, having it all on one line is a pain.

In other words, I want to have an option for myOtaku only recognizing
and

tags as line breaks instead of having it think there's a line break whenever you hit the enter key.[/color]

This may or may not have been said, but if it has, consider this support for the earlier post. I think the friends list should have an option to be organized by newest posts, so that the most recently updated friends would be at top.

Keep the suggestions coming.

I'm going to be implementing changes to myOtaku on a piece-by-piece basis. Everything should be finished by the end of this month.

For random member, I made a few tweaks so that it now only displays random members who've updated within the last 24 hours. Good?

[QUOTE=Adam]Keep the suggestions coming.

I'm going to be implementing changes to myOtaku on a piece-by-piece basis. Everything should be finished by the end of this month.

For random member, I made a few tweaks so that it now only displays random members who've updated within the last 24 hours. Good?[/QUOTE][size=1]Yes, O Patient and Benevolent One. Very cool.

Another thing that would be very nice is the ability to edit sidebar text color in the 'styles' section--there are fields that don't allow editing in the 'content' section, and it would be great to change them all in one fell swoop.

It would also be nice to be able to edit sidebar link color seperately from other link colors.

Wow, I feel so selfish.[/size]

[color=green]I'd like to see increased help with user problems. I've been trying, without success, to get help with an issue regarding my ?Edit Content? page. I simply can?t change it without getting an error message.

I?ve e-mailed Adam twice and posted on the ?MyO help thread?, but have never received a response.

So, for V2, I?d love to see increased user help for the less tech savvy crowd around here?[/color]

Guest haiyadragon
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I had the idea of being able to post the names of our favorite fanart artists on our profiles. We should only be able to pick about 3 (to prevent it from becoming a
replica of our "friends" lists) though. Then our 10 most favorite artists can be listed along side the top rated and most prolific artists.

While reading the other suggestions, I found a similar idea that is also good. I think both ideas are worth taking into consideration.

Gemmei said:" it would be a good idea if we could have a section where you could put your favorite art, from different artists, from the fanart sections. I mean that if you see a drawing you like, you could have it on your site so that others would know which artworks you like."

I'd also like to second (or third, or whatever) what duorocks17 said: "I think it would be fun if we could make the whole table set of the myO transparent, that way, if we have a background, you can acutally see what it is." [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

:D

[size=1][color=darkred]The Literature Section here is for Fanfics Nikorasu ^_^. If you write up one though that you'd like people to see, you could put it on OB and link to it through your mO Introduction if you so felt. Anyway, mO is not for fanfics as a general rule I believe. If you have any to post, whack them up in the Literature Section of OB ^_^.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Slategray]This is my first post in OB and I have no idea on how to operate the code. Anywayz to the point. Adam I understand that you are looking to fix all the little flaws instead of adding huge sections. You may have planned this in the V2 Otaku, and I might have missed it, but I belive it would be indeed effective if you were to make a similiar voting system as the fan art, to the wallpapers. Furthermore Boba Fett I dont really think thats necessary. You need some time just to look at it and figure it out. If there were to be a simple look the site would seem boring and unintresting. Its not that hard to operate the code in Theotaku. This isnt a criticism, I am just not for a simple look and I am sure there are others to agree with me.[/COLOR][/FONT].[/SIZE]

[color=deeppink][size=1]Hmm... would it be possible to know who's added you as a friend? I went to a few random member blogs, and I saw me added to about two who I don't know... ..;

And.... I think having the myO's being transparent isn't a great idea. For the people who don't use tables for the actual posts, it'd be pretty hard to read the text if their background's really er... salad-y. (*can't remember the word*)[/color][/size]

[color=royalblue][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]I guess something I would change (if noone has pointed it out yet) would, maybe, be the size of the {Edit Content} window(box) for the intro to our sites. Right now it is kind of small and it makes it hard to get the tags and set-up or lay-out right. I don't thing it needs to be the whole page, but maybe the size of the reply window(box) for posting to threads, would be nice.[/size][/font][/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Hope that this is not asking to much or it is to late to say so, but I think it would help out in the design of your sites. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]:love: :love2: [/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Juuthena][color=deeppink][size=1]Hmm... would it be possible to know who's added you as a friend? I went to a few random member blogs, and I saw me added to about two who I don't know... ..;

And.... I think having the myO's being transparent isn't a great idea. For the people who don't use tables for the actual posts, it'd be pretty hard to read the text if their background's really er... salad-y. (*can't remember the word*)[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]I think the word you're looking for is busy. :p I too disagree with the transperantness for the whole thing. Its all well and good that you have an awesome background that you want people to see, but noone will want to see the site (and by extension, the background) if you can't read the content. Maybe an optional 'reveal background' button would work,it could lift all the content off the page for as lon as the button is pressed. Or something.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]I just remembered something that's been bothering me, and I woud be delighted to have it go away.

Since you can only sign a user's guestbook once (which I agree with), is it possible for the "Sign this user's guestbook" link to [b]go away[/b] after you've signed it?

That would be splendid. ^_^[/size]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Something that I have noticed lately while trying to make my site a little better is that every time you go to change your personal information, it deletes your quote. This means, that very time i want to add another code into my introduction, I have to rewrite my quote. I find this very annoying. Why can't the quote be a permanant form like the other information that you submit, like your acheviements, and talents. Why is it that only the quote form changes?

My suggestion is to make it just like the others, it doesn't change unless you change it yourself, instead of automatically coming off everytime you go to your introduction.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=duorocks17][font=Century Gothic][color=blue]Something that I have noticed lately while trying to make my site a little better is that every time you go to change your personal information, it deletes your quote. This means, that very time i want to add another code into my introduction, I have to rewrite my quote. I find this very annoying. Why can't the quote be a permanant form like the other information that you submit, like your acheviements, and talents. Why is it that only the quote form changes?

My suggestion is to make it just like the others, it doesn't change unless you change it yourself, instead of automatically coming off everytime you go to your introduction.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Adam said that lots of people were having troubles with their quotes being 'butchered' in the myOtaku: Official Problems Thread, and I believe he was going to remove the quote section all together.[/color][/size][/font]