OtakuBoards

Shounen-ai and shoujo-ai

Dagger

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
Then there's thoseGundam Wing fanfic writers who pair Hiiro with Duo. Personally, I'd pair Hiiro With Trowa becuase I think they'd be least likely to kill eachother no matter what everyone else says.
[/color][/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd be compelled to hesitate before pairing up two homicidal sociopaths (especially these two), but I've seen it done. I think the main reason that 'odd/even' pairings are so popular in Gundam Wing is that since Heero and Trowa are so similar, a relationship between them wouldn't be nearly as fulfilling (or interesting) as separate romances with Duo and Quatre, respectively. If opposites attract, than the differences between those opposites highlight the corresponding variations within their 'other halves', so to speak. Who you fall in love with is a huge reflection upon your character. I'd find it a bit narcisistic, almost, to envision Heero and Trowa in love. But hey- to each their own.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I haven't really seen or read any shonen-ai or shojo-ai, except for the one Revolutionary Girl Utena film I was forced to watch in a class and it was torture. I'm not sure just how completely that falls under shojo-ai, even. Not much I'd think, although there are sexual innuendoes all over the place.

Is there any particular manga you guys would recommend? I don't want something I'd be embarrassed to buy at Barnes & Noble, mind you. I want something with cool characters who I [i]wouldn't mind[/i] being involved romantically. But I don't want that as a main focus; it's just my personal taste. Also, I'd prefer shojo-ai just because I'm a guy ;) .

[QUOTE=ScirosDarkblade]I haven't really seen or read any shonen-ai or shojo-ai, except for the one Revolutionary Girl Utena film I was forced to watch in a class and it was torture. I'm not sure just how completely that falls under shojo-ai, even. Not much I'd think, although there are sexual innuendoes all over the place.

Is there any particular manga you guys would recommend? I don't want something I'd be embarrassed to buy at Barnes & Noble, mind you. I want something with cool characters who I [i]wouldn't mind[/i] being involved romantically. But I don't want that as a main focus; it's just my personal taste. Also, I'd prefer shojo-ai just because I'm a guy ;) .[/QUOTE]

I would recommend Gravitation. I think that it is funny and cute at times. though you are a guy, you may not enjoy it too much. It is a shonen-ai.

I've seen and read a lot of the anime and manga. I like it very much.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ScirosDarkblade]Is there any particular manga you guys would recommend? I don't want something I'd be embarrassed to buy at Barnes & Noble, mind you. I want something with cool characters who I [i]wouldn't mind[/i'] being involved romantically.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Manga? I'd have to recommend [B]Demon Diary[/B].It's got great artwork, characters, story with action and humor. All in all, it's pretty lite stuff. Still enjoyable ^^
[/COLOR]

When I first started watching anime, I wasn't into same-gender pairings that much... though looking back, I think it's because the first times I'd encountered them was in fanfics that I stumbled upon with some pretty non-canon pairings (sort of on that note, I'm kind of sitting on the fence when it comes to most non-canon pairings... for example, I always felt like Vash and Wolfwood would probably strangle each other after ten minutes alone together, and yet some of the VxW doujinshi - hoping I spelled that right - that I've seen is just so cute...).

Now that I've had some time to watch/read more anime and manga, I've decided that I do like shounen-ai. There's something that's just so cute about it, I dunno how else to describe it ^.^; As for shoujo-ai, I haven't seen any besides Shoujo Kakumei Utena (which, as people have said, it's more implied than anything else), so I can't really say anything about it yet.

I'm waiting avidly for Gravitation to be released. I should get the manga, too...

[quote name='Cahoots34']Personally, I'd be compelled to hesitate before pairing up two homicidal sociopaths (especially these two), but I've seen it done. I think the main reason that 'odd/even' pairings are so popular in Gundam Wing is that since Heero and Trowa are so similar, a relationship between them wouldn't be nearly as fulfilling (or interesting) as separate romances with Duo and Quatre, respectively. If opposites attract, than the differences between those opposites highlight the corresponding variations within their 'other halves', so to speak. Who you fall in love with is a huge reflection upon your character. I'd find it a bit narcisistic, almost, to envision Heero and Trowa in love. But hey- to each their own.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I think it would be interesting to put the two together and see how long it would take for the whole shabang to fall apart. If you keep them away from weapons and give them concelling, who's to say that they would ultimately make a fairly decent non canon anime/manga couple? Of course now the fun part-getting those two to speak more than one line a day. That's like getting porcupines to mate!

Also, maybe the fact that some of their characteristics are so simular would have some positive effects on the whole relationship and really get the proverbial ball rolling.

I've also wondered how Duo and Trowa would get along since well, nobody's really mentioned it. What do you think?

Oh, to give shoujo-ai pairs their due, maybe Usagi really should just forget about Mamoru and go with MInako like that picture from one of the SailorMOon Tankubon. OF course, I've also thought of Usagi and the Manga Seiya [spoiler]since in the manga the three lights were NEVER men.[/spoiler] Besides they kissed.[/color] :D

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
I've also wondered how Duo and Trowa would get along since well, nobody's really mentioned it. What do you think?[/color]
[/QUOTE]

It's more likely than 1x3, certainly, and I've read quite a few good fics to that effect, but there's still something about their respective characters that suggests to me that Duo and Trowa wouldn't coexist as well as they might with Heero and Quatre (respectively), whoI like to think of as their personal foils.

For a board about shounen/shoujo-ai, there's been surprisingly little talk of CLAMP. Is there any series they've done that lacks a healthy (or delightfully _un_healthy) dose of homosexuality? (Most of these are fairly old series, so I'm not bothering with spoiler tags.) Cardcaptor Sakura had the undeniable cuteness of Touya and Yukito, as well as poor Tomoyo in the throes of unrequited grammar-school lust over Sakura. X/1999 could probably be interpreted as a very large orgy, and one cannot turn the page of Tokyo Babylon without noting at least one confession of love/attraction from Seishirou to Subaru.Wish, I think, had something in the fact that the angel was androgenous...? Their newest release, Gohou Drug, is certainly traversing the well-worn path of CLAMP same-sex romance.

Seriously, _is_ there a CLAMP series without shounen/shoujo-ai?

[color=green][size=1]

Okay, as for the whole X/1999 thing, I wouldn't know anything about it other than watching the "Tokyo Babylon" OVA. But when I said that, I meant in a realistic since, its not everyday you walk down the street and see gay couples stabbing each other with a long sword and then weeping at their death.

Shows like Gravitation and Fake, I don't really care about. I mean, I'm not trying to convince people to stop pairing straight characters up, I'm just voicing my opinion on the subject and how I feel about it. Its not that I'm against Yaoi or Shounen-ai thats canon (hell, one of my favorite sitcoms is Will and Grace), infact, if I saw Gravitation I might even like it for its humor, as I have heard it has lots of.

I'm just saying that when people pair up Cloud and Sephiroth, two sworn to death enemies or Vash and Wolfwood, two highly proven heterosexual characters, its gets on my nerves. Thats all.[/color][/size]

I'm not a big fan of Yoai and Yuri. But I have no problem with it if it's cannon or HEAVILY supported by cannon and not a bunch of rabid fangirls (no offense to rabid fangirls.) like the whole Gundam Wing and Ronin Warriors things. There was no hard evidence of homosexual relations between any of those guys (It was a pretty boy show, yes. But even the creators said that there was no real romance ment to be in the show... they kinda had some undertones between Heero and Relena and Une and Triez but that's it.)

I'm not a homophobic who suddenly dispises a series or movie because it has two guys fall in love and kiss. No, I'm the kind of guy who dispises poorly written and unoriginal series and movies for being poorly written and unoriginal.

I'm not even against well written fan-fiction with cannon shonen-ai elements. Classic case: Gren was a homosexual in Cowboy Bebop, there was an excellent fic I read once called "Camping with Backpack Billy" or something. No fangirlism, slight OCC between himself and Vicious's interaction. But well done and powerful, while at the same time just makes me feel for his character more.

[quote name='Cahoots34']Seriously, _is_ there a CLAMP series without shounen/shoujo-ai?[/quote]

I'm probably not the best person to answer this question, but I'll see if I can think of something.

Chobits has some random yuri-esque undertones, primarily in scenes featuring [spoiler]Dark Chi.[/spoiler] Since I gave up on the series after volume 5, I don't know whether or not the girl/girl cuddling ever becomes an important aspect of its storyline. ^_^; Miyuki-chan in Wonderland is pretty much a moot point; I haven't heard any mention of shounen-ai or shoujo-ai implications in xXxholic, so that might be a potential candidate.

Let's see... how about Angelic Layer?

~Dagger~

[i]Seriously, _is_ there a CLAMP series without shounen/shoujo-ai?[/i]

[color=firebrick]Lol, not really. Even Angelic Layer makes me think of shoujo-ai because of Misaki's overly hyper friend. I can sense a shounen-ai pairing in Tsubasa [i]already[/i], too. :/ Don't know about XXXHolic.[/color]

[i]Cardcaptor Sakura had the undeniable cuteness of Touya and Yukito, as well as poor Tomoyo in the throes of unrequited grammar-school lust over Sakura.[/i]

[color=firebrick]O_o, CCS is absolutely chock full of it. It's actually sort of scary when I think about it. The relationships in the manga/anime series consists of same-sex, het [teacher-student], and then some incest. :/ A lot of CCS fans tend to ignore all the couples except for of course, the het ones, when CLAMP is practically screaming at them to look and find out that YES, Touya and Yuki actually love each other. [amaaazing] I hate it when people do that. >_>[/color]

[i]I'm just saying that when people pair up Cloud and Sephiroth, two sworn to death enemies... its gets on my nerves. Thats all.[/i]

[color=firebrick]Tell me the truth. Would you mind if someone paired up Sephiroth and Aeris together? If your honest answer is yes, then that's fine and dandy. If I polled 100 other people with your same thought, probably 90% wouldn't honestly give a crap if someone paired up Sephiroth and Aeris, just as long it's het.

To get right off the bat, I am [b]not[/b] trying to defend my liking for this couple, because I [b]know[/b] that his pairing is very controvesial as well. I'm using it as an example of what really ticks me off sometimes. [I could also use the Vash/Wolfwood couple in this one, but it's a bit harder]

Ok. SephirothXAeris and SephirothXCloud. Both are hard to support with actually good points, but anyone sane person who'd actually played FVII should know that SephirothXCloud would make more sense. Ok, Sepiroth [spoiler]stabbed Aeris[/spoiler], which sounds hypocritical since [spoiler]Cloud stabbed Sephiroth[/spoiler], but at least Cloud had a known relationship with Sephiroth. Ooh, Aeris was [spoiler] Zak's girlfriend.[/spoiler] Who gives a hoot? We don't even know if Aeris knew Sephiroth when he was not [spoiler]insane[/spoiler]. Which would obviously impair his judgement of things.

Most Sephiroth/Aeris fics go along these lines: [spoiler]after Sephiroth dies[/spoiler] he feels really bad about what he did and falls in love with Aeris. What? Ok, forgive me, but it is so wack that people who support Sephiroth/Aeris so much will flame Sephiroth/Cloud. What made Aeris different from the millions of other people Sephiroth killed? What, she sold flowers. She sold flowers and forced herself to help Cloud in his quest to save the planet. The fact that Sephiroth would magically fall in love with her has less chance than Sephiroth getting with Cloud. Like I said, at least players know positively absolutely Cloud worshipped the ground he walked on and Sephiroth knew Cloud. Cloud wasn't even happy when [spoiler]he killed Sephiroth and he saved the planet[/spoiler]. NO, he is not freaking [spoiler]mourning for Aeris[/spoiler]. All he said was like: Let's go see her, and that's the end of that. He was Cloud as always and wore the whatever expression.

I rest my case. These sort of people don't care if others make stupid het couples, but will insult others when people make same-sex couples that will actually make more sense. Jesus, FFVII doesn't even really have a canon couple. [/color]

[quote name='maladjusted']Jesus, FFVII doesn't even really have a canon couple.[/quote]

Heh, that's why you don't see anyone having these kind of heated debates about FFIX. :p

A talented fanfiction writer can make even the craziest scenario seem plausible (Vincent/Cid is a pretty good example of this), although heaven knows I've never read any decent Sephiroth/Aeris fics--which is a shame, because that pairing has [i]so[/i] much potential.

Personally, I'd like to see more variations on Aeris/Tifa/Yuffie... I don't even care about the couple's specific configuration, since I'm a fan of all three characters (especially Aeris), and Yuffie is just too cute to be left out of the equation. If people can match her up with Vincent, then surely the idea of Yuffie/Aeris or Yuffie/Tifa isn't terribly far-fetched.

Sephiroth/Cloud is a pretty popular pairing, but I've always been more interested in Cloud/Zack or Cloud/Vincent. Anyway, fans have absolutely no excuse to flame "non-canon" FFVII pairings. Think about it! Cloud has the option to date four different people: Aeris, Tifa, Yuffie (I think) and [i]Barret[/i]. Cloud/Barret? That's utterly insane, and it's [i]in the game[/i]--along with cross-dressing, Cloud acting like a total Tenchi clone and dialogue which can be twisted to support just about every single couple under the Costa del Sol sun.

(What does this have to do with anime? Well, Final Fantasy VII is connected to Kingdom Hearts. And if I recall correctly, there's an official KH manga currently being distributed in Japan. It's a stretch, but I'd like to pretend that we aren't going totally off-topic. ;))

~Dagger~

[size=1]I don't really know why so mean people like shounen-ai or shoujo-ai, I guess they just do. I don't really mind. I like some yaoi, the fluffy yaoi. Not the kind where they erm... get a little too close for comfort.

Guys like shoujo-ai and girls like shounen-ai. I'm not saying thats always true, but that's the case most of the time.

Usually, I'll have a big explination for posts centered around shounen and shoujo-ai, but everyone has basically covered everything.

Once you're into it you are just stuck and you start thinking up crazy pairings. Any fanfiction writer can put two characters together that would really seem impossible.
The only fanfics I read mostly have pairings such as Cloud/Sephiroth, Bakura/Malik or Kurama/Hiei. I read about other couples but these are my favorites.[/size]

[quote name='xmystic_silverx']Guys like shoujo-ai and girls like shounen-ai. I'm not saying thats always true, but that's the case most of the time.[/quote]

i dont think that guys are into shoujo-ai that much, i mean unless its hentai >_>'
: D

and i know that im a guy, but i like shounen-ai ;) :p *heh*
i just find it odd that its really aimed at femms; you ladies. i thought that it was aimed for "those" type of guys that [B]would watch[/B]

moreover, isnt shounen-ai equivalent to shoujo? cuz of the relationships and the kissing and jelousy and... :tasty: y'know. but then yaoi is with the "action" (XXX) and that is where my prob becomes clear, O_o , like what am i whatching...or what are YOU watching? personaly i'm no fan of hentai, and have never seen a full blown yaoi (full blown xD) . the only ones that i have seen are Kizuna...and FAKE which i hope to get the manga for real soon, which are clearly just shounen-ai and dont go past PG-13 ;-) ... no thanx ... but i'd still watch ^^'

[QUOTE=maladjusted][i]Seriously, _is_ there a CLAMP series without shounen/shoujo-ai?[/i]

[color=firebrick]Lol, not really. Even Angelic Layer makes me think of shoujo-ai because of Misaki's overly hyper friend. I can sense a shounen-ai pairing in Tsubasa [i]already[/i], too. :/ Don't know about XXXHolic.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, just thinking off the top of my head, I think that Chobits is pretty straightforward with the lovers. No girl/girl or guy/guy. So there you go, there's a CLAMP series. Of course, I always thought that Chobits stood away from the rest. It's actually a pretty unique series, especially in it's style. *Shrugs*[/color][/size]

Okay *cough* now that I've set the right cookie acceptance, hopefully my post won't get deleted again.

Um, Anyway, I love the stuff. Shounen Ai, Shoujo Ai, Yuri, Yaoi, June, and if there is a female equivalent of June, whatever that is.

I've read a bit about the phenomenon too, so when guys ask "Why do chicks look at it?" I find it a little easier to explain to them why, though usually they get bored and walk away by the end of it. I think the psychology and gender issues behind it is interesting as well, but I've always had a passing interesting in gender and sexuality studies, so yeah. For me it's part of that, as well as being a fan.

As for series and couples, there's quite a few I like. At the top of my list now, being fed by my Peacemaker habit, is Hijitaka x Okita, and it's kosher too (yay!). The constant because Utena is my favourite anime of all time is Utena x Anthy. They're just beautiful together. A not-quite-as-kosher one I've always liked is Subaru x Kamui (c'mon, NO ONE does someone's tie up that close unless there's something going on). Also, in the realm of cuteness is Satoshi x Daisuke from DNAngel. They're so adorable.

For some real mangas on the topic, stuff like Hanazaki to Kimtachi E, and the recently released Queerie Faerie (I think that's what it was called, the original Japanese title was Ghost! anyway), and if you prefer the more *cough* [i]Mature[/i] stuff, authors like Kazuya Minekura (Titles: [i]Stigma[/i] and [i]Wild Adapter[/i], though I think Stigma is better ) who did Saiyuki (which has a bit of shounen ai between Gono - Hakkai's previous incarnation- and Gojyo), and the brilliant Kazusa Takashima (amazing art, though I'm not sure if I can plug her website since her stuff is very sexual too) are brilliant. Also Kiss Me Kill Me seems to have a bit of gender bending in it as well.

But yeah. Anything where you have a lot of male characters is going to get ai'ed or yaoi'ed whether you like it to or not. Whilst I'm kind of neutral on the Tenisu no Oujisama manga (I haven't seen the anime) there are some bloody brilliant ai and yaoi doujinshi's out there (several of which I own). Ryouma is such a perfect little uke, there's nothing much a corrupt perverted gal like myself can do except lock him in a room with Oishitari (ahh, one day, someone will string me up for that one). Same thing goes for Gundam Wing and for a non-Japanese title, I think Harry and Draco are so cute together, even though I hate the Harry Potter books & movies :devil:.

The number things are cute too. I once saw a Peacemaker site that had "2+8=10" on it and couldn't work it til I figured the Captain's numbers of the characters. What you've got here is Shinpattsan (Second Unit Captain) x Harada Sanosuke (Eigth Unit Captain) plus a bit of Toudou Heisuke on the side (Tenth Unit Captain, I'm sure Nanae Chrono did that on purpose!). Made me giggle, like the Gundam boys and all.

But then there is the WRONGNESS which appears sometimes, and I want to scrub from my eyes. Like Cid x Vincent. Wtf was with that? I never understood it at all. Couples which are really wrong like that - straight, gay and otherwise- weird me out, and aren't good fandom.

[quote name='Adora']Shounen Ai, Shoujo Ai, Yuri, Yaoi, June, and if there is a female equivalent of June, whatever that is.[/quote]

I'm sure I've seen the term 'June' elsewhere on the Web, but I can't remember what it means. Are you by any chance referring to shotacon?

[quote]...and the recently released Queerie Faerie (I think that's what it was called, the original Japanese title was Ghost! anyway)[/quote]

Hehe, the English title is actually Eerie Queerie. I don't know who came up with that--presumably one of Tokyopop's more mischievous staff members--but clearly he or she was doing crack. It's a fabulous series, regardless of the name. I recently came to the realization that almost all of the manga I own are either outright shounen-ai/shoujo-ai or contain certain hints in that direction. Right now I'm in the process of collecting Gravitation, Eerie Queerie, Tokyo Babylon, Les Bijoux and (Amazon willing) Banana Fish.

I never could get into FAKE. Though the artwork is nice enough, the plot just doesn't interest me that much. For some reason, I find Banana Fish much more fascinating... its stark, bold character designs add a lot of credibility to the gritty storyline. Anyway, the first volume of Tokyo Babylon has totally restored my faith in CLAMP--not that I had much to begin with, but at least now I can trust that they occasionally live up to all the hype. I can't wait until Gohou Drug is released here in the States.

[quote]...for a non-Japanese title, I think Harry and Draco are so cute together, even though I hate the Harry Potter books & movies.[/quote]

*grins* I'm a huge fan of Remus/Sirius, although Harry Potter has such a huge and varied cast that one can find an endless array of interesting pairings.

Back to video games. I'm surprised to see that no one has mentioned Kingdom Heart's most popular couple (Riku/Sora, of course!). Both separately and together, those boys may be the very definition of cuteness. For me, their tumultuous friendship was the highlight of an otherwise average game.

~Dagger~

Guest yamiyugi102
[QUOTE=Monkey_Orange][COLOR=DarkOrange]Though my response may be a bit short [don't set me on fire or anything ^^;]--but the 2 quotes above demonstrates my point, right? It's a 'chick thing'!!!

I prefer my Shounen-ai with a dash of humor [like [B]Fake[/B]], or equally, a dash of angst [like [B]Mirage of Blaze[/B]].
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Really? Me too! I own FAKE but I was displeased at the fact of how they were drawn. Kinda' scary.O_o
I've also seen a few screencaps for 'level C'. -fans self- Yeah, it was yaoi. But maybe its just that 'chick thing', right? Because I love yaoi/shonen ai. I love the bishounen more....Plus, shounen ai is cute.

[quote name='Dagger IX1']I'm sure I've seen the term 'June' elsewhere on the Web, but I can't remember what it means. Are you by any chance referring to shotacon?[/quote]
No, June is an interesting term, and regularly is interchangable with Yaoi.

June is pronounced "Ju-nay" and refers to a magazine once called that in the early days of Yaoi mags. [i]Technically[/i] it means serious, deep, meaningful, and sometimes sex-less guy/guy relationship stories in the manga form. But ones where they do have sex can still be called June. It's sort of seen as a "thinking persons" Yaoi. But stories where they are deep and meaningful and still do have sex can be called yaoi as well. Tis a little confusing.

Maybe I should give some examples.

A story I love that could be called June is Pinpoint Lovers by Kazusa Takashima. It's got angst, relationship warping and very little sex (a bit of kissing and cuddling and a waking-up-the-next morning, but nothing actually sexual).

But her other "Prequel" to this called Mata Natsu ga Kita [i]is[/i] yaoi, even though it uses the same characters, has angst. Reading it, it's not exactly PWP (well, only a lil) but they do have sex, even though most of it is taken up with them angsting about each other (so cute ^^).

So yeah. Aesthetiscism (sp?) have some good definition helplines on their pages, if you're ever looking for a better explanation.

As for shoutacon, eh, well, its a bit like lolicon. I can understand why people might be into it, but its not my thang. I don't mind a bit of shoutacon/lolicon gag stuff that you get, but I prefer grown ups. The only thing I've read that's ever come close was this one called Devil x Devil. It's a cute n funny yaoi (read: they have sex, and it's not very deep, even though it's original) about a fallen angel and a devil. The fallen angel (supposedly) fell because he has a shoutacon, and the devil is a pathetic loser who eats some candy one day because he's so hungry... and turns into a young boy. Of course, this finally attracts the attention of the fallen angel (there's been UST before this of course) and we get some cute romancy thing going. He turns back to normal-form before they have sex though, which is good. I wouldn't like it if he stayed a kid during that part. Would weird me out too much.

[quote name='Adora]June is pronounced "Ju-nay" and refers to a magazine once called that in the early days of Yaoi mags. [i]Technically[/i'] it means serious, deep, meaningful, and sometimes sex-less guy/guy relationship stories in the manga form. But ones where they do have sex can still be called June. It's sort of seen as a "thinking persons" Yaoi.[/quote]

Many thanks for the explanation. ^_^

This reminds me of all the confusion surrounding the usage of "shounen-ai" and "yaoi." Most people now think of yaoi as hardcore PWP, but the word once referred to simple boys' love. Technically, Gravitation and FAKE--which are advertised as shounen-ai--should be called yaoi. Shounen-ai manga used to feature the equivalent of girls' s-class relationships (highly passionate friendships that may include various kinds of "light" physical intimacy).

Sometimes I just substitute "slash" for shounen-ai/yaoi/whatever, since that term pretty much covers [i]everything[/i].

~Dagger~

[quote name='Adora']But then there is the WRONGNESS which appears sometimes, and I want to scrub from my eyes. Like Cid x Vincent. Wtf was with that? I never understood it at all. Couples which are really wrong like that - straight, gay and otherwise- weird me out, and aren't good fandom.[/quote]

I know what you mean! I only got converted to shounen-ai/shoujo-ai recently, so I don't think I've seen every possible pairing, but some of the ones I [I]have[/I] seen are a little...bizzare. Alucard x Anderson from Hellsing? No way. They hate each other's guts. Harry x Snape? ...Please no. My friend mentioned Fred x George once. :nope:

Personally, my favorite couples are probably Heero x Duo, Remus x Sirius, and Mirielle x Kirika (from Noir). I think it's really cute. :D

[color=firebrick] Um...Remus and Lupin are the same person. ^_^ Sorry, I had to say something. I think you meant Siruis & Lupin, which is the second-favorite HP slash.

Because I'm lame enough to have a list, lol.

Anyways, there can't be good and bad fandom. Fandom is called fandom because it's what all the fans come up with...what you think is good or bad is just your opinion. There is good and bad canon, though, since you can use the movie/book/etc. to prove your points and such. [/color]

[quote name='maladjusted][color=firebrick'] ...Siruis & Lupin, which is the second-favorite HP slash. [/color][/quote]

Last I heard, 51% of the entire Harry Potter fandom accepted Remus/Sirius as 'practically canon'. I can't quite decide if that qualifies it as fanon or something that Ms. Rowling giggles over as she reaps the profits of books sold to radical conservatives, but it's still a fun statistic to throw around.

[quote name='maladjusted][color=firebrick'] Um...Remus and Lupin are the same person. ^_^ Sorry, I had to say something. I think you meant Siruis & Lupin, which is the second-favorite HP slash.[/color][/quote]

Whoops, heheh, yeah I meant Remus x Sirius. I'm such a dork. :sweat:

You know, I usually base my "favorite" pairings off canon, because it makes a lot of sense. But, then, if I go around yelling "Harry and Draco!" I'm not exactly following canon, right? My logic is screwed up. I think it's because some fanon pairings are so cute that, in my mind, they should become canon.

Yeah, right, Rowling's going to write a novelette about Harry and Draco's secret love life, and Adult Swim is going to air new Gundam Wing episodes developing Heero and Duo/Trowa and Quatre relationships. Hah, I wish. XD