OtakuBoards

Halo 2

50 cent

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Halo 2 the most awaited for arival. That sentence right there makes it sound like Halo 2 is gonna be the best game ever, and maybe they are right. I don't know about you guys but I have seen many pictures and trailers for Halo 2, and it looks like an excillent game.

In this thread I want to ask those what they really know about Halo 2, so in a way it is kinda like a quiz on Halo 2. Well first off I know there is no release date, because I personally went to bungie.com and checked there. Jason Jones( the creator of the story) added a post saying "We won't have a release date for this game, :mad: we do not know when this project will be finished, but all we do know is that it will be finished before November of 2004."

I have also noticed about this game is that they really wanted it took look real with no animation look to it.. I mean on the movments they all look real. Like for example on the first Halo in the movie at the end of Assault on the Control room, Master chief leans back and looks around but when he does this he leans back far and looks around without moving his feet or legs, but on Halo 2 when he does this he puts on foot behind him just a little bit so it looks more real, like he is trying to keep himself balanced.

Some other features I have noticed is most of the marines look different then one another. Also for the light textures they improved those skills. So now I would like to ask you why you wait for this game, and what features do like most? The feature I really like about this game is that when you hold a gun your hand doesn't go through the gun so chief doesn't look retarded. :laugh:

50 out[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[img]http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22057.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22058.jpg[/img][url="http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22058.jpg"][/url]

[img]http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22059.jpg[/img][url="http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22059.jpg"][/url]

[img]http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22060.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22061.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22062.jpg[/img][url="http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22062.jpg"][/url]

[img]http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22063.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xboxworld.nl/images/content/22064.jpg[/img]

I've had Halo 2 reserved for quite a while based solely on vague expectations, but now that some tangible information and media is surfacing, I'm starting to warm up to it. Especially now that I have Xbox Live.

IGN has hinted that Bungie is going to introduce innovative social aspects of the game via Xbox Live 3.0. Also, multiplayer games may host [b]more[/b] than sixteen players. My personal opinion doesn't see the number rising above sweet sixteen because it's become the standard for Xbox multiplayer, but at least some ambition is detectable.

The ability to double-wield and use the Elite's plasma sword (or play as the Elite's themselves for that matter) within improved level designs (now destructible) should further Halo 2's bid to become the premiere multiplayer console shooter.

Even the minor details, like shooting the hubcaps off of the Warthog or destroying the bumper sound impressive. But, not as impressive as the idea that the multiplayer screens shown here don't compare to the single player game visually. Should be a treat in that regard.

It would be nice if Bungie would release more screens of the game being played. I'm tired of these third person action shots trying to show off the graphics. I already know it's going to rock, especially after last year's video, but I do find it rather annoying.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Yes that would be nice if they released more screens, because you always see the same pics and same graphics and they are all usually on campaign not multiplayer. They could atleast show some different levels and some of the new aliens or at least cortana.

Well charles I have to admit those are awsome pics. Man I was looking for pics like that forever and never found them. Oh and back to the subject, yes I have had it reserved for a while now to, and it does seem to sound better ever day. Oh and Bungiee has finally let out a true release date. It comes out November 19th for sure. I personally can't wait much longer or I will go crazy.

Well thanks for the comments.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]50 out[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I can't wait for Halo 2 either. I've beaten the first one and became a master at multiplayer. And being an Elite in 2 will make it so much better. I always wanted to be some of the aliens in Halo (like the Jackel) and be able to destroy the enviroment. Ijust hope everthing isn't shiny like in halo one. Master Cheif was too shiny...

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Well actually in the first Halo the master chief wasn't shiny. Those were little lights on his suit that powered his shield for when you get shot, and in the second one it is gonna be just like that. Also he won't be as shiny because you paint can chip off as you get shot and get hit by gernades.

Yes I have always wanted to be the aliens too but I think it would be fun to be the grunts, becuase they are just plain out funny the only problem is that you need a shield or something so you die as fast.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][CENTER]50 out[/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Bungie have worked seriously hard to bring us yet another revolutionary FPS title, although this one will be focusing mostly on realism, heh, second to multi player mode.

If anything, I'd have to complain about the environments, they're pretty much the same--vague and similar to Halo. But I guess the fact that there's more depth in realism pretty much compensates for it, quite well, too. Oh well.

I'm still under the impression that Bungie's main intention is the multi player mode. Seems reasonable though, seeing as competition [I]is[/I] soaring in that aspect of FPS games, especially as E3 has just passed. Still, it would be a shame to see the rest of the game fall apart due to the pressures of other worthy titles.

Anyway, here's the lo-down on multi player:[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Behind closed doors, Microsoft is featuring one playable multiplayer map from its upcoming Halo 2. That's all the company has to show for the game at this year's E3, but you know what? It's more than enough. The proof is in the pudding with this E3 demo, which plays great, if familiarly, and demonstrates some of the important, but subtle, new gameplay features in the feverishly anticipated game.

Let's review the new features since the original Halo. First and foremost, Halo 2 will support multiplayer gameplay over Xbox Live, pitting players against each other in team-based and presumably free-for-all matches. The team-based matches will feature teams of Spartans (like the Master Chief) and teams of Covenant Elites. The two sides, though they look decidedly different, play pretty much the same in practice. They start off with different weapons--for instance, Spartans start off with frag grenades and assault rifles whereas Elites get the sticky plasma grenades and plasma rifles. But everyone can use everyone else's weapons and vehicles.

Most of the weapons and vehicles we got to see and use were from the original Halo, and included Earth's shotgun, sniper rifle, and rocket launcher, along with the Covenant's plasma rifle, needler, and plasma blade (which wasn't usable in the first game, but serves as a deadly melee weapon this time around). A single new weapon, a combat rifle, could be used for medium-range sniping when zoomed in, or for effective three-round bursts when not using the scope. As in Halo, all weapons--not just the plasma blade--can be used for powerful melee attacks. We especially liked the attack animation with the standard assault rifle, which Spartans used to deliver a walloping uppercut. There are some additional, new weapon properties this time around, especially in how the rocket launcher can lock onto enemy vehicles and easily take them out.

Vehicle damage is one of the big new changes in Halo 2. Most of the original game's vehicles were invulnerable, making them rather overpowered in the multiplayer. This time, though, there's realistic, location-based damage. You can pop the tires on the jeeplike Warhogs. You can take out the wings on the hovering Covenant Ghosts. Vehicles can blow up altogether, killing the pilot and any crew, and then--in a very cool touch--the smoldering husk of the vehicle's remains blows up one more time for good measure. Better stay the heck away. It's possible to carjack opponents by sneaking up behind their vehicles. This won't be easy in practice--we never managed to pull it off--but as vehicles slow down around certain choke points, we expect it'll be more than possible to relieve them of their drivers in a multiplayer environment.

Given all of that, coming off of Halo's multiplayer, we got the distinct impression that the Halo 2 vehicles were big, honking death traps. We found ourselves preferring to conduct our business on foot rather than risk getting painted by a rocket-launcher-wielding adversary. It's very possible we just haven't gotten used to the new feel of the game, but it's also possible that more gameplay tuning will help ensure that vehicles remain as deadly as they ought to be. Incidentally, the vehicles will have a few new tweaks, specifically, the Ghosts can now execute a high-speed boost.

One of the reasons we were eager to fight on foot is due to the new ability to dual-wield weapons. By forgoing the ability to toss grenades--a considerable sacrifice, since Halo's grenades are extremely useful--it's possible to brandish a second weapon and dump both guns' worth of ammo at your target using both the left and right triggers. Reloading is slower when dual-wielding, so this all-offense approach does have some distinct disadvantages. Additionally, as you'd expect, it's not possible to dual-wield everything. Bigger weapons like the rocket launcher and sniper rifle can only be used on their own.

The single map we got to play on seemed extremely well designed for a 10-player matchup. Titled Zanzibar, this map is set in an African outpost and requires an offense team to storm the beach and raid the base (with a Warthog and two Ghosts to help them do it) while the defense team must protect its single flag at all costs. The offense team scores by returning the defense team's flag to their starting point, and the defense team scores by repelling the attack for a period of time--in this case, three minutes. Teams switch sides in between rounds, creating a balanced and diverse gameplay experience.

The gameplay already has a rock-solid feel to it, and we got a taste of Halo 2's new audio effects, so we can tell you already that it's going to feature the same sorts of hard-hitting effects and stirring musical score as its predecessor. We were easily able to pick up and play the new game due to our experience with the original, but the relatively large Zanzibar map coupled with the new gameplay features and 10-player networked match, made Halo 2 feel decidedly like a sequel--like a very exciting sequel.

The developers at Bungie admit that the success of the original Halo's multiplayer was in some ways unexpected. But this time, the company--which has tremendous experience making multiplayer games, by the way--is obviously going all out to make Halo 2's multiplayer exceptionally good. From what we've played, we believe that's a very distinct possibility. We can't wait to play more.[/QUOTE]

I am very excited, and I can't wait for it to come out. My friend just got me into the original Halo this past Saturday, and I really love it. The availabilty of multi player for XBox Live is what I am looking forward to most. I don't really care for the single player mode, multi player is what matters.

The thing about the vehicles being realistic (the ability to get destroyed) is also cool. I am pretty handy with the rocket launcher, and I could go and go against a friend of mine who is crazy about ghosts.

Just everything about Halo 2 I cannot wait at all for. It'll be a very good game and a best seller for sure.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I think that the single greatest improvement Halo 2 would benefit from (and I'm not sure it's happening; I haven't seen anything about it so I'd guess it's not) is [i]bots[/i]. I don't hook up X-boxes often and I don't know how much I'll play it on X-box live. I prefer playing with people in the same room as me, and I prefer being on a team with them. 2 or 3 or 4-player multiplayer gets old [i]real[/i] fast. If there were bots, my brother and I or a couple of friends and I could do a 2 vs 5 or 3 vs 6 or something and take on a bunch of AI opponents.

Obviously Bungie can do AI pretty well. So I think bots would be a great addition. Until they appear in Halo, it still won't beat out Perfect Dark in my book.

(That's not to say I won't buy it the day it comes out.)

[COLOR=Teal]I really hate to be the guy who just posts in random quotes from other sites, but IGN seem to have some pretty good news regarding a Limited Edition copy of Halo 2 that?s due in early November.

They're even more excited about telling us by the sounds of it...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]While we were beating our collective heads into the E3 pavement last week, Bungie sneakily announced that come November 9, 2004, a special Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition will be available for those folks who pre-order the game. Is your creditcard still in your pocket, slowpoke?

The Limited Collector's Edition comes in a shiny metal box that's more special than anything that comes from the elite kitchens of Oscar Meyer, Hostess or White Castle combined! The package, due on November 9, along with the regular game, also due on November 9, comprises a complete version of Halo 2 on one disc, and on the other disc, you geeky, obsessive types will get:

1) The Making of Halo 2: Behind the Scenes of Bungie Studios;
2) Featurettes on Game Design, Animation, Music and More;
3) Deleted Cinematics and Characters;
4) Art Gallery: From Concept to game;
5) Commentaries from the Development Team;

And, according to Bungie, much, much more.

Sounds like a deal to us. So yeah, you know you want that, so stop reading this stupid article and buy that sh#t! We played it at E3 and we know, it's worth it (in case there was any doubt in your mind).[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Teal]Even if that?s not all that Bungie have included in this special Limited Edition version, they are already the typical things you?d expect to at least feature in the original. No news on whether it?ll cost more, but if so, I definitely wouldn?t recommend it.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=BlueYoshi][COLOR=Teal]I really hate to be the guy who just posts in random quotes from other sites, but IGN seem to have some pretty good news regarding a Limited Edition copy of Halo 2 that?s due in early November.
They're even more excited about telling us by the sounds of it...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Even if that?s not all that Bungie have included in this special Limited Edition version, they are already the typical things you?d expect to at least feature in the original. No news on whether it?ll cost more, but if so, I definitely wouldn?t recommend it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

From what I've gathered, the Limited Edition version will cost the same. If you've already preordered Halo 2, then the store that you preordered it at should contact you soon and ask which version you want. If they dont, go and have a word to them. If you haven't preordered it yet, what are you thinking? Get that hard-earned dosh and put it down on it ASAP!

[QUOTE=ScirosDarkblade]I think that the single greatest improvement Halo 2 would benefit from (and I'm not sure it's happening; I haven't seen anything about it so I'd guess it's not) is [i]bots[/i]. I don't hook up X-boxes often and I don't know how much I'll play it on X-box live. I prefer playing with people in the same room as me, and I prefer being on a team with them. 2 or 3 or 4-player multiplayer gets old [i]real[/i] fast. If there were bots, my brother and I or a couple of friends and I could do a 2 vs 5 or 3 vs 6 or something and take on a bunch of AI opponents.

Obviously Bungie can do AI pretty well. So I think bots would be a great addition. Until they appear in Halo, it still won't beat out Perfect Dark in my book.
[/QUOTE]

I agree - bots would be a great addition to an already brilliant game (well, I guess I'm just speculating, but who can tell me honestly that this game isn't gonna rock?). Great for LANs when not everyone turns up. Or when you're being 'Johnny-No-Friends' and just want to get some practice in. I believe that Bungie will probably incorporate bots into Halo 2. After all the other FPSs that have benefited from this, I'm sure they won't be stupid enough to leave out this feature. But then, I could be wrong...

• 1 month later...
Guest Vash331
I heard they were considering bots for Halo 2. They said that they see that a lot of people want bots, they also understand that there are still a lot of people out there without xbox live. They havn't decided yet.
I think Halo 2 will be great no matter what. I'm gonna love the single player, and what they do to the plot of halo 2, it's gonna be sweet.
Halo 2 is the reason i got xbox live, i'm not gonna leave my house for a month or so, when it comes out. i cant wait.....
My gamertag is attimus331 by the way, but my damn mic is broken so if you add me don't expect a conversation, but i will buy a new one, eventually.
I've also heard that they might consider adding co-op through xbox live.
One thing i think will be cool is that they are making the suits you wear customisable, which means clans can have their own symbols and whatnot, that should be pretty cool, oh that reminds me i'd love to join a clan on xbox live, if anyones got openings, i got counter-strike.

Guest Mad Acer
I play every once in a while, I'll be playing tonight, but not C/S.

If you live in the midwest area hit me up tonight on XBC I'll be playing as first_wave.

Anyway, as of now, bungie is not going to have bots in the game. They haven't started working on them at all.

Go to halo.bungie.net and read up on all the bungie weekly updates. But if you don't have time just read the latest one. They haven't talked about bots and I'm pretty sure they're not going to be in the game.

The release date is official... nov 9th.

it's too damn late; we should all be playing halo 2 right now.

I am sorry if this breaks any rules but it must be said.

A disscussion with a friend:

Me: Remember when Halo came out? We gained quite a few pounds cause of all that intense gaming.
Steve (My friend): Ya. I know what you mean.
Me: Now Halo 2 is coming out soon =P
Steve: Hell ya. Imagine the amount of weight we'll gain from that.

I really can't wait for this game to come out. From its appearance on the shelves. My friends and I are going to have a three day Halo party =P I so can't wait. However, I must warn all those who like me are anticipating the game. The company making it seem to post pone it several times. Be patient and don't trust their release dates. It'llcome out eventually.

Guest Mad Acer
no, dawg, this is the ONLY release date. All those other ones were expected release dates from stores and sh1t.

The only way Halo 2 won't come out Nov. 9th is if the world ends.

Anyways, I seem to lose weight when I get obsessed w/ a game. Because I don't leave my seat and my appetite widdles away to nothing.

Any more Halo questions?

btw, the official bungie website is bungie.net, not bungie.com.

Oh, curse you Bungie, curse you!

Anyway, Halo 2 has made me really want to get an Xbox. Little ol' me, a PC gamer who only just got a console a bit into this current generator, my beloved Gamecube. A whole console, just for one little game (well, and maybe its prequel too).

I've been following it for quite a while, and I'm very pleased with the way the game's turning out. Even though I don't care too much about the graphics, I've got to say that it looks fantastic. Not to mention all the new features, the destructable vehicles, the multiplayer, and let's not forget the Plasma Sword. Oh yes, can't forget that.

Should be interesting to see how the end product turns out. I'm fairly convinced it'll be good though, of course. Just a few months now...

Does anyone know if they will add a multiplayer system into Halo 2 I mean Co-op. I know that Halo 2 will have it to be against each other but will there be a co-op. If not my friends and I are going to send tons of (unhappy) letters to them.

[quote name='Burori']Does anyone know if they will add a multiplayer system into Halo 2 I mean Co-op. I know that Halo 2 will have it to be against each other but will there be a co-op. If not my friends and I are going to send tons of (unhappy) letters to them.[/quote]

I'm almost certain there's going to be a co-op mode. And anyway, they'd be stupid not to include it, seeing how it was a success with the first Halo.

[QUOTE=Mad Acer]no, dawg, this is the ONLY release date. All those other ones were expected release dates from stores and sh1t.

The only way Halo 2 won't come out Nov. 9th is if the world ends.

Anyways, I seem to lose weight when I get obsessed w/ a game. Because I don't leave my seat and my appetite widdles away to nothing.

Any more Halo questions?

btw, the official bungie website is bungie.net, not bungie.com.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]Actually, bungie released a few 'estimated' release dates for Halo 2. . that was quite a long time ago. . finally, they kept pushing it back, they decided not to do that anymore. Microsoft and other game sites/stores kept putting out their own to try and get people into their stores or visiting their sites for news and such. . Oh well.

Not a huge fan of the story mode in the first one, so hopefully the second one will help that. I hope the addition of the exploding vehicles, the dual wielding and the loss of grenades while dual wielding doesn't take much away from the original. I like playing Halo with a bunch of people, and really hope that this one doesn't go too much against what the first one was. I know Bungie has been working super-hard on the game, and I just hope that it wasn't all for nothing.

I will say though, I am REALLY looking forward to the new CTF levels. That is just going to be sweet. . [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=NorykoAngelcry][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]Actually, bungie released a few 'estimated' release dates for Halo 2. . that was quite a long time ago. . finally, they kept pushing it back, they decided not to do that anymore. Microsoft and other game sites/stores kept putting out their own to try and get people into their stores or visiting their sites for news and such. . Oh well.

Not a huge fan of the story mode in the first one, so hopefully the second one will help that. I hope the addition of the exploding vehicles, the dual wielding and the loss of grenades while dual wielding doesn't take much away from the original. I like playing Halo with a bunch of people, and really hope that this one doesn't go too much against what the first one was. I know Bungie has been working super-hard on the game, and I just hope that it wasn't all for nothing.

I will say though, I am REALLY looking forward to the new CTF levels. That is just going to be sweet. . [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][I][B]Nope thats not true bungie has never put any actual release dates on Halo 2 until now, even check it out at bungie.net/halo2. Also jason jones has posted up that no matter what it will be finished by november 9th no matter what it takes, so as it is now they are working damn hard to get it finished as soon as possible.

Oh and while everyone is talking about it might as well join in. Yes there will be a co-op mode in Halo 2. Now why the hell wouldn't they have it seeing as that everyone who had Halo never played the story mode alone. So don't worry about co-op modes because they are going to have them. L8r[/B][/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 months later...
I know some people were asking about this in the past, so I figured this was the best place to put it: [url]http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=10511[/url]

No bots in multiplayer. Bungie has kind of hinted all along that they'd not be included, but it's still a disappointment... especially in a game with AI as praised as Halo's was (and 2 would logically improve on that).

I also read something about Bungie stating Halo 2 should be played on Heroic at least, to fully enjoy the strength of their AI programming. Might as well try it lol.

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']No bots in multiplayer. Bungie has kind of hinted all along that they'd not be included, but it's still a disappointment... especially in a game with AI as praised as Halo's was (and 2 would logically improve on that).[/quote]

Very disappointing, to say the least, especially if Halo 2 will have more open-spaced multiplayer levels like its predecessor (which I'm sure that it will). Online play will soften the blow for most, but for those who can't make the jump to online play, this isn't very good news. But oh well, I probably wasn't going to buy Halo 2, anyway lol.