OtakuBoards

At what age did you start watching anime?

Elk

My first anime experience happend when I was 8 when I first saw DBZ, then I got swept up in the pokemon craze(Ah, days of foolish youth). In the sixth grade,long after I had fallen from the pokemon and DBZ craze, I was exposed to Zoids: Chaotic Century and I've been adicted ever since

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I fell in love with anime because it was much different than what I had been used to. Sure I didn't think of it like that when I first started watching it, because I was four, but I figured that out later because I watched a lot of the old stuff that I watched when I was a kid recently, and got it.

I don't know what I'd be doing right now if it weren't for anime... :rolleyes: [/FONT][/COLOR]

I started watching anime when i was 10, POKEMON!!! man what a complete waste of money those tapes we're. If anyone wants my old pokemon videos I'm going to go put them on ebay right now. Back then I thought it was cool though, but if it wasn't for ash and his little yellow freakachu I might possibly have never discovered anime.

~Jake~

We used to watch animes together with my mom, it was one of the few things that kept me quiet and prevented me from being naughty according to my mom. I never liked the usual stuff like tom&jerry etc. Mom really liked animes as well, so she used to shcedule the times (when to watch what part :animesmil ) Thanks to her i am such an anime fan right now,and i know that i cannot stop watching even at the age of 60 :)

Well I was first introduced into the anime world in about the 7th grade, friends got me into Digimon and Tenchi. I later gravitated to such titles as Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, DBZ, and Sailor moon.

Then my sophomore year of high school was when i really became obsessed with anime. Had a group of friends that I discussed anime endlessly during classes and luch hours. We had a daily ritual in our World History class of swapping all the new manga and anime we bought or got from the library.

And even now I have graduated high school and we still pretty much do the same thing, except no more world history class to swap them in (sniff).

Guest Kaigirl08
[FONT=Courier New]I first watch anime when I was like 10. It was pokemon. I loved it and now even though I think the show is the cheesiest thing in the world I like other animes. [Pokemons games are still cool though] I went from Pokemon, to digimon, to beyblade, to inuyasha, to wolf's rain, to cowboy bebop, to Naruto, .ect. I love anime. My favorite is Inuyasha. So my feelings haven't changed in about 6 years.[/FONT]

Guest HHamtaro14
well i had started when i was 6 years old .

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Try and add more detail to your posts in future- anything that's too short and/or undetailed will be deleted as spam, as per the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL]. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Wow......it's been such a long time since I started. I started watching anime at the tender age of 3 with my dad. Back then I started with simple stuff like Dragon Ball (NOT Z), and Macross. As I got a little older around 5, they started to air Robotech/Macross where I lived. From there I became addicted to anime watching every title you could think of from the early 80s on. Eventually as the 90's progress I moved on to stuff such as DBZ, Various Gundam shows, Tenchi Muyo, Evangelion....and various other titles that people are now just discovering.

Now as the 2005 is upon us I continue to watch new shows such as Yugioh GX, Falfner, Gundam Seed Destiny, Girls Bravo, and various other new titles that continue to pop out from Japan.

Out of all the shows the one that always had the biggest effect on me would be Macross. Who couldn't pass up the Intergalatic war soap opera of Hikaru, Misa, and Lynn Minmei. That show has had the biggest impact on my life. :cool:

[COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Red][B]when i first started watching anime i was at least 9 years old. I liked Family Guy and futurerama and still do. But im' 13 now and i love the show inuyasha ive been watching that show sence i was 10! I am obsessed with that show i have 2 inuyasha posters,2 inuyasha action figures of kikyo and sesshoumaru, the inuyasha game, the 2 inuyasha movies, 8 of the dvd's for the episodes, and some t-shirts, and a jacket, and a bunch of pictures on my board on my wall[/COLOR]. [/B] [/COLOR] :animeshy:[COLOR=Magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen][B]well i guess thats a bit weird of me to just come out and brag like that. oh well ill' just end it here.[/COLOR] :animeswea[/B][/COLOR]

I really don't remember when I first watching Anime but I know it was really young because my dad always watched. It was scifi Anime and it came on Sundays in the mornings most the time. I kind of miss having those. It must have been when I was like 5 or 6. Like I said my dad ALWAYS watched them with me.

To say precisly what age I was I'm not sure. I think I was 5 when I first saw Trasformers. During my early days I fell in and out of anime without realizing it. I have over time slowly traced back the shows I watched to see how much anime I really watched. I know now that this was no coincidence that I fell in love with anime.

Guest Tifalockheart
Hi I started watching it very young 3 or 5 I can't remember it was sailor moon in spanish and some other show I don't remember I think it was cardcaptors....

I think I started watching anime around the age of 10. I got into from my older brother. I started out with transformers, sailormoon, DBZ, and stuff like that. And it's all thanks to only having one tv in the house. Because I was a brat I would sit there and watch what ever my brother was. And I thank him for watching them because I wouldn't be here writing this right know. After all those I moved to what I like to call some better stuff. Like Trigun, Wolf's rain, and things like that. Know at 16 I've been watching the uncut DBZ, I have the Trigun box set, and I'm in to a hole lot of anime. And to think it was only because I was alittle brat trying to get my brother mad at me(lol). :D

I was a rather late comer to the anime scene. It was about since 2002.

I was about 20 years old and fell in love with cowboy bebop. Then I was introduced to ranma, kare kano, and fruits baskets....and from there everything fell into place and I have watch an incredible amount of anime within those few years. (i guess it helps to have a job to get your anime)

First time i watched anime was when i was in first grade when i watched Pokemon :ball: . Then round 3rd grade i watched gundam and robotech. in 5th grade i started watching stuff like Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakasho. Now i have collections of Anime.

I was about 8 or 9 cause my first anime was Inuyasha and I had quit watching it for a while cause my mom said i was getting to into Inuyasha. :animecry: Anyways then when they came out with new Epiodes. I contiuned watching it again :animeswea :freak:

Guest oX Ayame Chan X
I started watching anime when i was 6. One day my sister was watching Sailor moon and i couldnt stop watching since. The my brother, when i was 8, got me into dragon ball z then shortly after that adult swim. XD haha yeah my life story.

I guess I started watching anime when I was probaby about 6 years old, or somewhere around that time. I started with Transformers and Voltron, also watched some Ronin Warriors and Speed Racer (Mach Go Go Go), after I turned 12 I started watching Dragon Ball Z, and then when anime was able to be downloaded i started watching D.N. Angel and that got me completely addicted to where I now calculate the total number of hours that I have spent watching anime. Kinda sad huh.