OtakuBoards

FLCL [Fooly Cooly]

Xra

Hello people, anyway, last night on Adult Swim, they primiered(sp) 2 Animes back to back. The second one was Blue Gender, which i knew well about, but the first one was a funny,confusing,annoying, and attactive anime called FLCL. After seeing the first episode, I still couldn't figure out what it was about, except a lovesick girl, an alien, and a kid with things popping out of his head. So, does anyone know more on this anime?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree, I don't think it was supposed to make much sense. Even Adult Swim said so, lol. I liked it but it confused me alot.... It really confused me at the part were they were doing the whole manga shot thingy.:confuse2: Yes, but I'll watch the whole thing since it's interesting and to see if it will make the least bit of sense later on.

FLCL won't make sense. You have to see all six episodes to understand it, and even then... you have to fill in a lot of the blanks yourself.

I should add that the ending theme (among other shows in the miniseries) is done by The Pillows. I love that band, and everyone should check them out if they like Japanese rock.

FLCL is one messed up anime. I watched it last night and tried to understand what was going on, but to no avail.

I really like the style of animation they used, with the 3D-like slow motion and the funny manga page sequences.

I also really liked the music, especially the ending theme.

:D

FLCL aka Fooly Cooly (that is explained in the manga scene). That was a great anime. I laughed most of the time during that period of 30 minutes. I freakin' tapped it. But that is an awsome show. My favorite scenes include the CPR scene when they went into slow motion and then wnet into that little miniscreen thing and showed the characters like they were "back stage" watching it and discussing the diffulculty of the slow motion scenes and i liked the manga scene where they explained "Fooly Cooly". His dad is a frikkin' weirdo. But i loved this show. I'm going to tape it all. PS- i loved the music. I loved the animation. *writes down on favorites list*.

I watched it last night, but all I can say is weird. Yes it was funny at some parts, but the manga part was very cheesy. It made no sense to me what so ever... I knew that it was a mini series. The ending theme song was cool. I liked it a lot.

^^ I bought the first FlCl manga way back in February. It's just as confusing as the anime, but the animation is neat. Very different than most Manga styles. I'm dissapointed that I didn't know it was coming to Cartoon Network. Guess I should watch it more often.

FLCL is a great anime (at least so far). The slow 3-D scene was awesome, and the manga style scene was just plain weird (his grandfather is a strange person). In reality, though, FLCL has nothing on Excel Saga. Excel Saga was quite possibly the most unusual anime I have ever seen.

^_^ I only got to see about 10 minutes of it (I was changing the channel when my dad came in the room, he's not fond of AS even if it's only rated PG or 14...) But from what I saw, it was.. Interesting. The animation was nice and crisp, and that robot fight was pleasant... And the manga scene gave me a smirk.

But I agree with Black_Phoenix. This anime is very funny and enjoyable, but Excel Saga is stranger but still actually makes a semi-decent amount of sense...

^_^ I'd like to get the DVD of FLCL though, or read the manga.

I missed about the first 5 min. of it, but I thought it was funny, yeah, it made no sense what so ever, but it was Very funny. Im confussed alot, but thats nothing new, I think i'll watch it again tonight ^^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chimera [/i]
[B]So, there is only six episodes in the series? :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know if theres only 6 episodes,but I do know that it was realy funny!

It made me :laugh: so hard I almost :bawl:! But it was also confussing!

Yes, there's only six episodes in the series, though they're airing it twice. And I may watch it twice because it is so ... darn ... weird. Apparently there's like ... some hidden surrealist point to all of the madness, but I don't know ... For now I'm just watching it for amusement's sake, since it's pretty funny. And occasionally saying aloud, "The Japanese are so darn weird ..."

(Disclaimer: Mm ... I'm not racist ... those specific Japanese involved in the creation of FLCL.)

I didn't get to see it yesterday because I had it on the wrong channel while recording it so that kinda made me mad but, I'll be sure to watch it tonight though.
It seems the majority of you guys liked it; I think I will too.
A lot of you are saying it's confusing...well, I'll just see about that. :)

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]I unfortunatly missed the first episode...But of my ********** God the second episode was just pure visual eye candy...The whole thing didnt really make alot of sense but that didnt matter every scene looked magnificent.

The whole thing was very fluid and the animation moved with such amazing grace i couldnt believe...

The scene where the robot turned into the cannon was amazing...Hell the entire battle sequence was amazing...It had such a natural flow and beauty to it...

Im in awe of what they've done with this series visual wise...

I cant wait to see the rest of the series its a damn shame its only 6 episodes long though... :rolleyes: [/color][/font][/b]

Take it easy Soul Taker, I don't think Arkadyz was trying to diss it or anything but, maybe rather annoyed that it's only six eps. long.
Now, of course that's just my thinking so I could be wrong. :(

I just watched the last half of last nights ep. but, I'll watch the whole thing later.
I'm with you Arkadyz about the animation and the battle scene!
The part where the robot [SPOILER]pooped him out like that was absolutely gorgeous! (in a rather disgusting way)[/SPOILER] :frog:
I think it's funny how that girl (what's her name?) uses her guitar thingy as a weapon.

The correct title is Furi Kuri, dunno why they changed the pronunciation slightly, but whatever.

The first time I saw FLCL was a year and a half ago at Megacon. After seeing like the 5th episode I think, I had to se the rest of the series. So I got them and I watched em and it's one of the funniest, yet most confusing anime I've ever seen. I don't understand it fully to this day. But despite it's confusion, I found it very entertaining and I still think it's one of the better animes I've seen.

You Know that you have crossed the border of Weirdville when You are samshed over the head with a chain saw guitar, robots sprout from your skull and start fighting, a robot eats you, a light bulb screws into your head, and the robot craps you out. Your brothers girl freind who seems to want you starts too worship one of the robots like a god, and a pink haired girl living in your house talks with and fights with your cat. (and your grandpa reads Hussler, anna nicole centerfold.) That is an extremely funny anime, and it has a refrance too Gundam Every episode.

1st Episode: Manga Scene
2nd Episode: Naota gives pink haired girl Gundam model too fix her VESPA and the head turns into a screw.

This is very weaird and confusing, and I LOVE IT!