OtakuBoards

FLCL [Fooly Cooly]

Xra

oh man i love this show! FLCL is atleast the most awesome show by far ever though you cannot understand to a certin extent.lol. :animesmil i just wish that they had made more of the show instead of just six episodes, i would love it if they had made more!!!! it would be like even more awesome if they had made a movie out of it!!! :luv: !!!!! oh man.lol. when i first watched the first episode i did not get it at all, but after a while whatching them over i kinda got it but i think what they did on purpose was not to truely get the meaning and thats what i think makes it so great!

FLCL is the greates!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stafal-chan
haha i undersood FLCL from the start in a way ^_^ haha i really liked that show i foudn it to be really funny...but it kinda just stopped....i'm surprised it was so short

Guest D. Resurrected
Heres a new site that I found about FLCL.Its Answers everything.

[url]http://www.flclw.com/forum/[/url]

hahaha last week I saw FLCL again.thats a total of watch all episode 58 time.Its just one of those animes that just doesnt get boring no matter how many times you watch it. :catgirl:

• 1 year later...
Alright, before any mods or admins get on my case about bringing back a dead topic. And I hope I don't get in trouble for this but I just wanna say my view on this anime as I have just recently watched it for the first time. So please Mods cut me some slack this time.

Anyway, as for the anime itself. I loved it. The storyline, characters, and whole plot was just a great piece of work. It was HILARIOUS some of the moments made me laugh and thought they were great. It kinda disappointed me that it was only six episodes, but you win some and you lose some and they were testing a new system. I'd say it turned out to be a success.

The manga scenes in the anime made me laugh. As did the one scene after the first Bullet-time moment where they were talking about holding their breath during the slow-mo scenes. As well as the manga scene in episode five I think it was where Kamon comments on how they weren't supposed to do it again and it costs to much money, but just plain anime made them look lazy. I laughed here and thought those moments were really great.

The ending, was pretty touching. The end [spoiler]Where Naota and Atomsk fuse to become the one "being" and Haruko and them have the final fight in the series.[/spoiler]Was pretty awesome scene. Hope I did the spoiler tags there right..Anyway, the thing that made me think the most was how [spoiler] After being defeated, Haruko left her bass, which they cut scenes back to a few times.[/spoiler] also [spoiler]When she asks Naota if he wants to come but changes her mind cause he's just a kid, made me kinda get sad at the thought of her leaving Earth.[/spoiler]

Overall, the anime was great. And like I said I HOPE I don't get in trouble or lectured for this...and I posted this in the right topic instead of making a new one..

[FONT=Arial]Actually, if you notice, [spoiler]Haruko leaves her bass behind because she has the fused guitar of Naota and Atomsk. To her, Naota was just the means to an end: getting the power of the Pirate King for herself. Her bass was a tangible reminder to Naota that the events since her arrival actually happened, since in his words "...nothing exciting ever happens here."[/spoiler]

(That's a lot of black.)[/FONT]

[quote name='D. Resurrected']I saw FLCL again.thats a total of watch all episode 58 time.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]HOLY BUTT CRACK! That's a lot of FLCL! That's like.... 6 x 58 times! I don't know what that number is off the top of my head.

I've probably seen it 4 or 5 times myself. It'll be a while before i can watch 'em again. Luckily though i do have their dvds if i decide to.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='The13thMan][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]HOLY BUTT CRACK! That's a lot of FLCL! That's like.... 6 x 58 times! I don't know what that number is off the top of my head.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]6 x 58 = 3 x 116 = 348

Holy butt crack, indeed.

([I]Holy butt crack, Batman! It's an evil plumber![/I])[/FONT]

[quote name='BloodRedArab'][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Awesome... It's like an animation explosion... Relly, it all looks like a huge anime expiriment gone awry... 'Course it's also one of the best shows I've ever seen...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[color=cyan] Hah..I have to agree with you. That is a true fact about the series xD[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Well I guess the idea behind FLCL is that is was suppose to be short and sweet like a one night stand. Now that I've seen tho whole series about 7 times over. I don't want to see a continuation on it. [spoiler]The end was suppose to symbolize Naoto going back to a normal life again and this being tragic. [/spoiler] The only thing that I'm disappointed with is how the show didn't go that in dept with Naoto's brother (was done a little better in the manga). I guess in a way I think it would be cool to see a spin-off where Mamimi goes to America to find her old boyfriend. That might have some potential, but I guess that would most likely never be made.[/COLOR][/FONT]

edit:

[quote name='Revolver']I want a sequal where Takkun and what's her face have sessions of gretuesque love making. But beggers can't be chooser.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]I think it's sad that that might have a better chance of being made, if not already made, than my idea.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Xra']Hello people, anyway, last night on Adult Swim, they primiered(sp) 2 Animes back to back. The second one was Blue Gender, which i knew well about, but the first one was a funny,confusing,annoying, and attactive anime called FLCL. After seeing the first episode, I still couldn't figure out what it was about, except a lovesick girl, an alien, and a kid with things popping out of his head. So, does anyone know more on this anime?[/QUOTE]I could write a book about it i have read the manga seen the anime my friends say I know a good amount about it if you don't understand it i can help.

[quote name='desertphoenix'][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Well I guess the idea behind FLCL is that is was suppose to be short and sweet like a one night stand. Now that I've seen tho whole series about 7 times over. I don't want to see a continuation on it. [spoiler]The end was suppose to symbolize Naoto going back to a normal life again and this being tragic. [/spoiler] The only thing that I'm disappointed with is how the show didn't go that in dept with Naoto's brother (was done a little better in the manga). I guess in a way I think it would be cool to see a spin-off where Mamimi goes to America to find her old boyfriend. That might have some potential, but I guess that would most likely never be made.[/COLOR][/FONT]

edit:

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]I think it's sad that that might have a better chance of being made, if not already made, than my idea.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]There wasn't supposed to be much about his brother i cansider him as a little backround about why Mamimi is alaways calling Naota by his brothers name

[quote name='The13thMan'][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]HOLY BUTT CRACK! That's a lot of FLCL! That's like.... 6 x 58 times! I don't know what that number is off the top of my head.

I've probably seen it 4 or 5 times myself. It'll be a while before i can watch 'em again. Luckily though i do have their dvds if i decide to.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I have seen it about 9 to10 times.

[quote name='FLCLrules']There wasn't supposed to be much about his brother i cansider him as a little backround about why Mamimi is alaways calling Naota by his brothers name[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]In a way true as he was a faceless character in the anime, but I really like how cool this guy was in the manga. Think Sasuke and Itachi, kind of the same, but Itachi is cooler (in the end I kind of don't like either). My point is, I felt Takun should have been fleshed out more.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I am asking you guys and girls because i thought about a while.Although i know a lot about FLCL the only other place i can think of is the planet where Haruko came from and another thing why did she leave the Rickenbacker guitar there my guess is so that Naota can go find her when he is older because when she hands it to him after he says "take me with you" Haruko says "Maybe when your older".Maybe that is her way of saying she will come back.That is why i think there should be a sequal to finish what the first six episodes started.

[size=1][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Please keep all FLCL discussion in one thread please, thanks ~Ikillion[/COLOR][/size]

• 2 years later...
[quote name='FLCLrules' date='13 October 2007 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1192312180' post='635633']
[size="1"][color="DarkSlateGray"]Please keep all FLCL discussion in one thread please, thanks ~Ikillion[/color][/size]
[/quote]
i did it! even though i had to go back in time almost three years.(not to mention the original post date!)

so I got a discount on this series about a week ago and i just finished watching it (5 out of the 6 episodes in two days) and right when i got to the end i realized id already watched it about seven times now.

sure its a short series, but i have to say i enjoy it every single time. I love the crazy plot (which i only understood after maybe view five) the English dub, the art style, the music, and most of all the way it feels like the people who made it seemed to have as much fun making it as i am watching it.
its always been a favorite of mine, but i just felt like bringing it back up. Edited by CaNz

[color="#008000"]The whole series is one of my favourite animes of all time, next to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

The 6 episodes were some of the most random, action pact, sexual tension filled episodes I ever saw.

The finale was amazing when the boy wielded, well I don't want to spoil it
[/color]