OtakuBoards

FLCL [Fooly Cooly]

Xra

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually episode 4 was the less crazy than the preceding episodes, probably because it focused on trying to establish the story.

When Takun met with that guy with the big eyebrows, he learned [spoiler]that Haraku was a wanted felon, or something like that. And that she uses certain people's heads, like Takun's, as transportation devices, to transport things from different areas in the universe.[/spoiler]

At least thats what I think he was trying to explain to Takun. But then again, can you trust a guy who glues oversized eyebrows to his face?:therock:

I noticed that his eyebrows looked like dried seaweed. But i still don't know, what was so erotic that those control tower girls saw? And did any one else hear notice that when Mamimi went to get on Hatuko VESPA her painties just came off. WOW!

I have no idea what they were doing but it's possible Haraku and the robot that was acting as Takun's dad were getin it in, (or fooly cooly.) But what's up with all the girls loosing their painties. It's funny but also some might see it as disturbing.
B.T.W. Did anybody see anyother added character from another show in that episode?

One of the contol tower girls, the one that got the nose bleed after seeing Naota's god knows what, kinda looked like that one blonde girl from Love Hina. I havn't seen it, so i don't know her name. What did they see though?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ladyscorp2006 [/i]
[B]I have no idea what they were doing but it's possible Haraku and the robot that was acting as Takun's dad were getin it in, (or fooly cooly.) But what's up with all the girls loosing their painties. It's funny but also some might see it as disturbing.
B.T.W. Did anybody see anyother added character from another show in that episode? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, your right, there was alot of painties. like the episode when he had cat ears, and the girl had that thing come out of her head, (be prepared for more 'ands') and she was kicking the robot, her painties came off and the robot didn't know what to do, so it puts them back on!

Yeah. That was funny......:)

[quote]
[i]Double_D_Daigo originally wrote:[/i]
[b]I noticed that his eyebrows looked like dried seaweed. But i still don't know, what was so erotic that those control tower girls saw? And did any one else hear notice that when Mamimi went to get on Hatuko VESPA her painties just came off. WOW![/b]
[/quote]

The eyebrows were indeed strange... But it was really funny how everyone acted so mesmerized and said "...The eyebrows..!". But what the control tower people saw.. Was Haruko was trying to pull a guitar out of the main character (I forgot his name)'s head, and the things they were saying were sorta suggestive (though nothing was happening) and from a rear view it really didn't look right.. X_X

Note to mods: Uh.. Please don't ban me for saying that, if it was too descriptive.. >_<

*sobs* I've missed all the de-pantying so far.. *sniff* :(

But I missed most of the first episode.. What exactly is a Fooly Cooly..? o_O

I must say, this is definately becoming one of my favorite; it's suddenly right up there with .hack//SIGN, Blue Submarine No.6, and Cowboy Bebop. Just about everything about it makes me like it, esp. that it's pretty much in it's own category in mind.

I think OtakuSennen may be right about what the control tower people saw.

I think I'm starting to see a connection between/with some scenes.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B]The eyebrows were indeed strange... But it was really funny how everyone acted so mesmerized and said "...The eyebrows..!". But what the control tower people saw.. Was Haruko was trying to pull a guitar out of the main character (I forgot his name)'s head, and the things they were saying were sorta suggestive (though nothing was happening) and from a rear view it really didn't look right.. X_X

Note to mods: Uh.. Please don't ban me for saying that, if it was too descriptive.. >_<

*sobs* I've missed all the de-pantying so far.. *sniff* :(

But I missed most of the first episode.. What exactly is a Fooly Cooly..? o_O [/B][/QUOTE]

So thats why. But Fooly Cooly is a perverted thing you do with your hands.

After rewatching the episode I have figred out that the nosebleeds were in responce to the guitar pulled out of Takun's head. As for what that had to do with an erotic scene, I have no clue (unless there was something about the guitar's size).

As for the actaul name of Takun, who cares? Everyone knows him as either Takun or Naota. People just call him Takun because that is what he is commonly called.

Also, did anyone else notice that Haruko went driving/flying through midair in the scene with Mamimi sitting on the robot's shoulders and yelling?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chou Long Kai [/i]
[B]There is one DVD set that has the whole series a few extra commentary on it.I plan on getting it when I have the money.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info hou! Oh, and im glad that someody brought up the fact that haruko is one of the hottest anime girls out there. :love:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]She wasn't driving in mid-air, she was driving across a bridge that the two of them were standing in front of. And the robots name is Kanti or Kantig. One or the other. [/B][/QUOTE]

It was too high up for a brigde. Mamimi and Kanti were stading about 2/3 of the way up a set of power lines (right about where the "arms" are at). Also everytime they showed it there was nothing around the tower.

Their are 2 episodes per dvd which really kinda crappy because it is an excellent anime especially the second and third episodes.

Im impressed that Gainax could make something so funny,
Furi Kuri is slang for fondling a girl (In japanese),The robots name is Kanti and the guy who is from episode 4 has cucumber slices for eyebrows.

haha! that show is hilarious, but weird at the same time. i have never seen anything like it before. i asked my sis' what she thought bout it and she said it was interesting and i asked her if that all she had to say and she said ya, so i thought to myself didn't you find that at least one bit wierd or freaky?' siblings can be so stupid sometimes. but whatever.its pretty cool though. i have nothin better to do so i watch it and that last episode that on Adult Swim was tight. Is that his guitar or something? or is that Hatuko's?

Guest Anime_Forever
yes I saw the last episode tonight and it was hilarious with the imitation of Lupin III.That show cracks me up.

The Lupin III scenes were funny as ****. I really liked the one taken from the Lupin opening where the father jumps out of his clothing and gets smashed into the wall by the boxing glove. It is now completely obvious that the writers liked South Park. So far we have had sightings of a Kenny doll, the scene in the hair style building, and Takun's hood making him look like Kenny. I hate to ask what they will make a joke of in the final show.

Did anyone catch what the name of the guitar was that Kanti had? All I could hear was the second part where they said '63 version.

actually i think takun's bullets were real... HEHEHE..... that was COOL!!! the South Park part and the Lopinthe 3rd part were hillairiouse.