OtakuBoards

FLCL [Fooly Cooly]

Xra

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The alien girl was under a blanket and the dad is dressed like Lupin and they do that thing from Lupin's part of the theme song and the screen turns red then the episode title comes in that typewriter form and half the letters fall and it says furi kuri in Japanease.

Well, actually it didnt say furi kuri I forgot the epi. title, I didnt understand the South Park part but it was nato. I gie tht epi. a WHAT THE HECK!!!

Last nights episode was one of the best so far. I really liked how they managed to spoof South Park, Lupin, and all those old Hong Kong gun fight movies, all in one episode.

The fight between Haraku and the eyebrow guy, in the salon, was both cool and funny at the same time.

Plus, I thought the showdown with the giant trench coat, alien hand thingy was pretty awsome.

Too bad there's only one episode left.:(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Genkai [/i]
[B]I have to say this is the worst dub job ever. I never saw it on CN, since I don't have it, but I rrible. A ton of people are sying it's great, but it's not. Uggh. [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh. The dub is sorta funky, but that fits the anime-- Intentionally weird and a little annoying on purpose. It's an "Acquired taste" anime like .hack//SIGN, sorta..

Hehe.. Last night's ep has GOT to be the best one yet.. I didn't know the Japanese had South Park.. Hehe, and the Lupin part was pretty funny. I especially enjoyed the part where Haruko was in the nightdress talking through the cat and Naota walked in. :sweat: That was pleasant. And did I catch a bit of a Matrix spoof in there, when Haruko and the eyebrow dude were fighting? Senor Eyebrows ran along the wall dodging bullets for a second.. Hehe..

And when they were fighting the big hand... The eyebrow person said "He's the real pirate king!" Is that something I missed in the series, or were they knockin' off One Piece right there..?

...Poor Naota.. Mamimi's constantly messin' with his emotions..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spotg67 [/i]
[B]Huh? [/B][/QUOTE]

Im not playing mod but I dont want you banned so thats what she means, dont put pointless stuff like that on forums PM them. Well if you dont get that south park part its not supposed to mean anything its just random funny stuff, just like otakusennen said "an aquired taste..."

Otakusennen, I think the real pirate thing has to do with that sign on Kanti's forehead and was featured on the episode when Kanti first ate Takume.

That was a very, well, uh...Sexual episode. But the Lupin and South Park parodies were funny as hell. And i now know that the size of the guitar that is pulled from a guys head is based on there, well, "Size". And sisn't you notice that Naota was acting like Kenny while he was talking to Mamimi?

EXACTLY! Spotg, You hit the nail on the head with a hammer. The guy wanted the South Park Barber to give him the eyebrows so he could look more manly. When she pulled out his FURIKURI shi said Takun's "more manly than youll ever be"

ACK!!! THAT WASNT A GOOD IDEA!!!! NO SPAMMING!!!!! Oh well.. Ill be glad to see this thread go and a new FLCL thread started. I missed 3 pages of this one...