OtakuBoards

Harry Potter Movie 3!

Nehszriah

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Arial][size=2]I absolutely love the Harry Potter books. which is why I'm not going to see the third movie; the first two movies didn't do the books any justice. I'm not going to taint my image of the third book by watching that darned movie, heh.[/size][/font]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Never read any of the books, however, I enjoyed the movies so far, and I am sure this one will be great too. My brother says I have to read the books, but I don't know. .

I am also really looking forward to seeing Gary Oldman as the. . prisoner (sorry, I am bad with names). It's also interesting to see all these teens go through puberty in phases (each movie, different phase of it. . like red-head kid and his voice in the second movie! LOL) . . ok, that's all I have to contribute~ [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I've enjoyed the Harry Potter films so far. I think they're better movies than the LotR trilogy, and I am really looking forward to the third one. I know that the books are better, but at least the movies don't have that many "movie-related" problems. I'm curious to see the cast more "grown up," as well as what the new actors can accomplish (esp. Gary Oldman; the jury (me) is still out on the man who will play Lt. James Gordon in Batman Begins...).

[color=red][size=1]I love the Harry Potter books, and lately I've been obsessed with it. I even tried to draw anime versions of the characters. My friend and I went to the first movie and were dissappointed. The movie was way off most of the time. This time we're going again to see how much they made it like the books. Im at school and I just saw a commercail... jeez talk about good timing.
Anyway, I hope they do a better job. One thing I noticed is that in Harry Potter, Sirius Black is supposed to be handsome... but then why did they get Gary Oldman to play him? His last name says it all "Old Man" haha! He's not handsome at all! And Remus, in my opinion should look just as good as Sirius, he always does in doujinshi and stuff, but I didn't get a good enough look on the commercail to see what he looks like.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Nehszriah][color=darkred']How many people out there are just dying for the new HP movie? I am. ~*^___^*~ Sirius! Book three is my favorite, so I really want to see the movie. *happy dance*[/color][/quote]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#4169e1][color=royalblue][font='Comic Sans MS']Me Too! Me Too![/font][/color][color=black][/color]

[color=royalblue][font='Comic Sans MS']It is my fav of all the books so far. I have been waiting to see for quite some time now. I saw some pics of it a while back and have been waiting to hear about a release date. [/font][/color]
[color=royalblue][font='Comic Sans MS']Yeppie, it is out on June 4th, Yeppie!![/font][/color][color=black][/color]
[/color][/size][/font]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Yes, I like Harry Potter too, if you didn't already know from my RPG, but I'm sort of afraid to see the movie. The Third book of the series is by far my favorite book, and the simple reason for that is none other than Lupin. I'm afraid that the movie just won't do the characters justice.

First off, I believe that they should have taped the movies the same way they did LOTR, all at the same time. This way, you wouldn't so much of an age difference between the movie. I mean, the characters are only suppost to be 13 in this movie, but the actors are 16 and older.

Also, by doing the movies, they are sort of limiting the imagination of children who read the books. I'll say it simply, the guy they have playing Sirus is not how I pictured him to be. I'm sure this goes for a lot of other people too.

I'm not trying to be a movie basher or something, these are just the truth of it. I will go see the movie, dressed up like everyone else, and I will enjoy it, either because it is good, or the simple fact that me and my friends are making fun of it the whole time.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=duorocks17][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Yes, I like Harry Potter too, if you didn't already know from my RPG, but I'm sort of afraid to see the movie. The Third book of the series is by far my favorite book, and the simple reason for that is none other than Lupin. I'm afraid that the movie just won't do the characters justice.

First off, I believe that they should have taped the movies the same way they did LOTR, all at the same time. This way, you wouldn't so much of an age difference between the movie. I mean, the characters are only suppost to be 13 in this movie, but the actors are 16 and older.

Also, by doing the movies, they are sort of limiting the imagination of children who read the books. I'll say it simply, the guy they have playing Sirus is not how I pictured him to be. I'm sure this goes for a lot of other people too.

I'm not trying to be a movie basher or something, these are just the truth of it. I will go see the movie, dressed up like everyone else, and I will enjoy it, either because it is good, or the simple fact that me and my friends are making fun of it the whole time.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I must agree that I love the 3rd book mostly because of Lupin and Sirius. I also think that they should have filmed it all at the same time so their wouldn't be such an age gap. The characters look so different, I didn't even think I recognized Draco Malfoy. I am very disappointed about the actors they got to play Lupin and Sirius.[/size]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=gray]The Harry Potter movies just ruin the books for me. Do not get my wrong, I love the movies, but there are just so many problems with them. One, as everyone has already pointed out, is Sirius. When I first saw him I asked myself, "Isn't Snape, Lupin, and Sirius all suppose to have been in the same year at Hogwart?" And they were, yet Sirius looks like he is in his fifties, while Lupin and Snape look much, much younger. That is just one problem I have already seen. I can not even watch the first movie. Ok why do they cast a person with blue eyes as Harry, when in the books J.K. Rowling describes Harry eyes as green (and with much more detail than that.) Why whenever a book is made into a movie, why is it most of the time, in my experience, ruined horribly?:confused: [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808080]-ry[/color][/size][/font]

Well, I myself am bursting with exitement for this movie. I think I'm looking forward to it more than anything else coming out this summer. That song they have playing on the previews (Something Wicked This Way Comes) is cool, spooky, and totally captures the mood of the book. A great war is coming, and the peaceful world of the wizards, witches, and even the muggles will be changed forever.

I wouldn't say that the third book is my absolute favorite, but it's up there. I love the stuff with the divination teacher, and all the background about Harry's dad. The last few chapters have so many delicious twists and turns of plot, that Azkaban really does the best job of any of the books of keeping you eagerly turning the pages until the very end. Brilliant book.

I think the Harry Potter books really lose something on the big screen. So much of what makes the books so great is just the way Rowlings will turn a phrase. Every sentance in the books is entertaining in some way, because she has a way of working subtle humor and subtext into even the most mundane passages. You just can't capture that in a movie.

I like the darker tone this film seems to be taking, and am looking forward to a good ride. I think that this will probably end up being the best Harry Potter movie, since the later books are so long they could never be successfully translated to film. Although I think the visuals in Goblet Of Fire will be the best.

I liked the books better than the movies but I still think that the movies are good. Although they are rather disappointing in some areas, I still love the movies. So I'm going to see it as soon as it comes out. One thing that bugs me about the movies is that the actors aren't what I pictured them to be in the books. As mentioned before, there's that age thing where the kids are supposed to be 13 but the actors are 16 or older. It kind of throws off the movies because it's weird seeing a 16 yr old act younger than they are...Well, I'm still gonna go see it and maybe it won't be too bad.

I'm excited for the movie.... probably because my raging hormones cause me to drool all over Daniel Radcliffe's sexy ***, and the same is true with Rupert Grint.

But also because I love the books, and the new director is obviously 9584903859304859x better than the other one. Just watching the trialer I can tell that it'll be so much better.

Oh, and Tom Felton looks nad gay.

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]yes i cant wait to see the new movie!! it is so fun going to the going the first day it opens...yes, good times. but the movies are sort of disappointing how they change things. and the characters are never really what theyre supposed to be. dudley is supposed to be really fat and have blonde hair, lockheart was supposed to be handsome, and ron was supposed to be tall and skinny and the scar on harrys forhead was supposed to be in the middle. it looks so gay like it is in the movies. and people that i thought would be hot were not! (well mcgonagall is what i imagined and mrs. weasly but thats about it) and is the books are much much better and they should stay true to what it says in the books. because the books rock and i could read them a milion times :)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[quote name='Ryan']...but there are just so many problems with them. One, as everyone has already pointed out, is Sirius. When I first saw him I asked myself, "Isn't Snape, Lupin, and Sirius all suppose to have been in the same year at Hogwart?" And they were, yet Sirius looks like he is in his fifties, while Lupin and Snape look much, much younger.[/quote][b][size=1][color=darkred]

Forgive me if i'm wrong....but didn't Sirius spend about a decade and a half in a soul-sucking hellhole for a crime he didn't commit? How do you think you would look? I personally think they did a great job of getting down Sirius' look. I don't recall who they got to play Lupin...then again, I wasn't paying that much attention to the commercial.

Back to another point...Do you think you could do a better job of making the movie version of a 'ba-jillion' time best-seller? I think not. People already have a fixed idea of what the books are supposed to be, therefore they have a set idea on what the movies are supposed to be...and everyone has a different opinion of what the correct "Potter-verse" is. There are so many factors that go into making the Harry Potter books so believable...Do you know what a major part of them makes the books so believable? Your own imagination. And if it is all put in front of you to observe and not take part in, of course you'll feel like there's something missing.

Now there's one last thing I'm wondering about...Why are people who like the books not seeing the movie because they're afraid they'll be disappointed? So what? So you don't like the movie...what's the big deal? There's still the excellent book that you can enjoy... I remember being a little disappointed by the second movie, but I didn't think any less of the book after seeing it. ....maybe it's just one of those questions no one can answer... [/b][/size][/color]

[size=1]Sublime2004, I guess you are right in many points. I remember in the book when he finally showed up in the Shreiking Shack that Harry said his face looked similar to a skeletons. Even if one isn't affected by dementors (Such as Sirius) there are other things that can corrupt you in Azkaban.

I guess the part I want to see the most is Harry playing quidditch with his new Firebolt. Or when Harry has lessons with Remus Lupin.

Ya know what? I watched the trailor and that song "...something wicked this way comes!" is stuck in my head. [/size]

sublime, I distinctly recall reading passages (from either PoA or OotP) in which Harry mentioned that he could see why Sirius had been considered handsome when he was younger. And during his time at Hogwarts, Sirius was supposed to have been [i]devastatingly[/i] attractive. It's not as though I want him to be an Orlando Bloom clone, for heaven's sake--I would have been perfectly satisfied if they took an older, relatively good-looking guy and simply starved/beat him up a bit.

The actors who play Snape and Lucius Malfoy suit their roles so perfectly that I don't see why Sirius' physical appearance should diverge from the general image created for him by J. K. Rowling's choice of words. I also can't picture Gary Oldman having once been a womanizing schoolboy.

At least the children still look like their characters. :/

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Black][FONT=Verdana]I must admit, when I first heard about Harry Potter, I wasn't so interested. But now I am eagerly awaiting the new movie and book.
Although my first contact with Harry Potter was when my sister got the First Movie (she had read the books long before), but I prefer the books to the movies because the movies are restricted by time (although that didn't stop the makers of Lord Of The Rings). Plus, the books have more detail.
Someone said that people who read the books avoid the movies, I don't know anyone like that, but the reason for this may be because they know what happened already. I mean, the whole point of seeing a movie is to find out what happens. Of course, people still watch anime even though they've read the manga (Inuyasha is a good example here).
I'm wondering if the fourth and fifth book will be made into a movie, considering its slightly horror/violence content maybe it would be given an M rating? Reviewers went nuts over how the second movie would potentially scare kids. I really think the ratings people seriously under estimate kids.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Dagger IX1']I would have been perfectly satisfied if they took an older, relatively good-looking guy and simply starved/beat him up a bit.[/quote]

[size=1]I remember a part in the book when Harry.. [spoiler]is taking his secret classes with Snape and he looks into Snape's memories. He said he saw a girl staring at Sirius while he was taking his O.W.L.S and she was looking extremely hopefull.[/spoiler]
They should have used a better looking guy to play the role as Sirius.[/size]

[QUOTE=roxybudgy][COLOR=Black][FONT=Verdana]
I'm wondering if the fourth and fifth book will be made into a movie, considering its slightly horror/violence content maybe it would be given an M rating? Reviewers went nuts over how the second movie would potentially scare kids. I really think the ratings people seriously under estimate kids.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]They will make the 4th book into a movie. I read it in a magizine, somewhere. I think the 4th will be very interesting. There will be a lot of new characters and more action.

I hope they make the 5th book into a movie as well. I don't know how many people who have read the books will cry when [spoiler] Sirius dies[/spoiler] since they already have a heads-up on whats going to happen. I found it hilarious when the [spoiler]Ministry of Magic tried to take over the school and appointed Doloras Umbridge (spelling?)[/spoiler] and the whole school turns into madness.[/size]

Guest Spike88
[FONT=Impact]Well, the new movie is supposed to be really good and it has a new director. My only problem is going to be that the director wanted to take the "gloss" of it and make it more "real". Someone please tell this guy it's a fictional book hello lol. Anyways they are suppose to dress more like everyday life without their robes which kind of goes away from the books besides that I'm looking forword to seeing the awesome new movie[/FONT]

[COLOR=Gray]I never got into Harry Potter. I read the first book last year for a book report and was hooked for the first few chapters or so, but soon grew tired of it. I do still think its a nicely told story though.

I've only seen the first movie, and only because it was on tv the other night and for some reason it seemed to spark my interest. I plan on renting the first and second one this weekend, and I'll probebly see the movie. Although I have no intensions on becoming a fanatic on yet another movie. ^_^;[/COLOR]

I heard that the star of Prisoner of Azkaban, CHo Chang, won't be in this movie :(. Thats a terrible news. I was going to enjoy the secene when Harry oogled her O.O;;;;;

[quote name='roxybudgy']I'm wondering if the fourth and fifth book will be made into a movie, considering its slightly horror/violence content maybe it would be given an M rating? Reviewers went nuts over how the second movie would potentially scare kids. I really think the ratings people seriously under estimate kids.[/quote]

Got that right. Everyone in my school (at least 3rd grade) saw the ring and didn't even flinch at some scenes. We shoudl at least bring the grade down on matrix to PG instead of R lol.

The movies are sooo short. They cut off some of the best parts of the book man... If only the director took the time with the actors to do EVERYTHING the book has to offer. That would be a big hit.

Goblet of FIre is my FAVORITE book in the series. If they screw it up in any way when they turn it into a movie, I will make sure the DIE the worst DEATH!

Dude, if they do make the fourth book into a movie and do it right, you will get a twelve hour movie! That would be cool though... :devil: Drag my mom and little brothers to the movies and force them to sit through it. Heh. Then, if they are crazy enough to make the 5th book into a movie, I'm crying in the theater! Don't let Sirius die! (little voice inside head: Too late sucker!) AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

[color=firebrick] Ah, yes. All the fangirls are peeved about how ugly Sirius is.

Well, he's not supposed to be handsome. He was devastatingly handsome when he was young, yes, but there was a word used in the fifth Harry Potter book: [b]used[/b] to be handsome. I still imagine him as a very sexy Sirius, though. XD

I'm pretty revved up to the movie, but I'm usually excited about a lot of movies. I just love movies with a passion. ^_^.[/color]