OtakuBoards

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Semjaza

[IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/754292bf-4965-4191-969e-bfde241e14a3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/8c3bb913-c29f-415b-9d11-9d91b5320805.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/fb05d3dc-a792-4681-8dbe-d8db5df70d93.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/c2614fdb-87de-4b59-b0c6-d3e2eac5796b.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/bd1de4b3-2635-4c6a-b10a-e2c5ffbefee8.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/f4d8f436-e686-4e7a-b4d2-eb70f207b075.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/94f83d5f-a86c-4e98-bd79-b209e14cfce5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/b6059bc5-cedc-435a-acd5-81c54cd66b9f.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/c10dadb1-4e8b-424f-99c0-9bfb350829fd.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/c63e1ad3-8e41-4de3-8e21-b957db7e1bff.jpg[/IMG]

:love:

[quote]In 2005, Link will be let loose on a new and exciting Nintendo GameCube excursion to fight evil and seek treasure. Stay tuned for more information![/quote]

Holy crap. That's all Nintendo.com has to say about it. I can't wait for more information. Nintendo wins lol. The last shot is orgasm enducing. This Link kills Spaceworld Demo Link as far as I'm concerned.

Videos, right click and save:
Small 3 MB: [url]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/e2bcbfd3-aa36-4b65-8170-b07c7083bab5.mov[/url]

Large 18MB: [url]http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/b080225c-960e-4a52-a2c6-d7db10bdaef0.mov[/url]

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOOOOH! Nice!

But it brings up an important question: Is Nintendo that desperate for a best selling title? Zelda is it's new best selling franchise since OOT came out. And it hasn't had an all star selling game since the Windwaker.

It makes me wonder about some things.

You're forgetting games like Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, which sold extremely well in a shorter time span.

This is something I think Nintendo knows people in general want. I was very happy with cel shading in Wind Waker and I would have been happy with another game in that vein, but I can't deny the fact that this has me even more interested right now. I think Nintendo knows this. Sure, I'm sure it will help sales, but a good game is a good game.

I'd be happy if all they did was put out zelda games! Wow this does look insane though...I really would've thought that they would make the sequel similar to Wind Waker, but I'm glad they didn't.

Hopefully Link has a lot of cool moves in this one, kinda like the Soul Calibur game. Maybe thats what inspired this more realistic tough Link?

[color=navy]As I sit here typing, I can't stop laughing out of relief and surprise. I was under the impression that Nintendo was going to make a second game in the cel-shaded Windwaker style, but I stand mistaken, and ecstatic.

This new video beats the pants off of the old SpaceWorld 2001 Link, hands-down. In the old one, Link looked rathe feminine in his face. This time around he looks like an improved Super Smash Bros: Melee Adult Link. I like the altercations in his outfit, from the stitches in his tunic and the collar being up to the mail underneath.

Overall, though, things seem a lot more epic. The shot of Link riding his horse (Most likely Epona, if this is in fact a direct OoT sequel) displays a larger gate, more like what I would imagine the biggest city in a realm would be like. Though I'm assuming a lot, the shots of the field seem a lot more open than what we had in OoT, and the interior of buildings don't seem to rely so heavily on an element or theme- just good old stone-walled dungeons. Each dungeon ever since the days of OoT (And earlier, to some extent) has been based on an element, and to me that has gotten kind of old. A variety in the kinds of stone used to lay out various underground passages will be refreshing for me.

I know I sound like I'm assuming it's an Ocarina of Time sequel, but it's been a while since we've seen a Zelda game with a realistic Link.. Ever since the days of the NES, each individual console has had its own seperate Link, and one Link jumping from one console to the next would be something new. You never know what Nintendo will do, though.

I most definitely cannot wait. This is the first Gamecube title to be announced since Metroid Prime 2 that has made me all giddy.[/color]

[COLOR=Teal]Nice. Very nice indeed.

Yet again Nintendo have changed the entire concept of the next addition to the series, though maybe the return of the medievilish look could be what most gamers are searching for, particularly amongst new comers. I could almost admire Nintendo for it, but I'd only go as far as to call them brave none the less.

I think many of you are forgetting that what helps Zelda sustains its glory along the action-adventure genre is the simplicity of it, and I doubt that adding new moves or spot-on graphics will help promote it entirely. Think of it in terms of speech, Link hasn't much to say, I'm sure a cast of poor voice actors would inspire a different image upon Link altogether for the most of us.

Regarding Sen's comment, I can only agree. Each and every dungeon holds an elemental spotlight to it, but you have to see it from a realistic point of view. Random caves as such in Golden Sun or the FF series are pretty substantial but admittedly are as boring as hell, having seeing them too often and all. The elements add some source of suspense and expectation to the dungeon - so you'd know what kind of boss you'll be up against at the end, but that's just me.

Looks great overall though, I'll be looking forward to reading further previews and announcements from Nintendo. This could be a biggie.[/COLOR]

[Color=darkgreen]A picture may be worth a thousand words, but after seeing those screen-shots the only word that comes to mind is: [I]awesome![/I]

I am a huge fan of Zelda games and am thrilled to see that a new addition to the series is forecoming (too bad it probably won't be released until late next year). I thought the next one was to be something of a Wind Waker 2, but this (as posted earlier) looks more like an Orcarina of Time sequel. To me, that is mainly because of the graphics (no longer cel shaded). And the enemies...they just look so cool.

Anyway thanks for sharing this brief glimpse into Link's future; The pictures are great![/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I'm pretty much ecstatic. I've watched the 640x480 trailer about 15 times already, and I'm not quite done with it. This is exactly the game that I bought a Gamecube for. The forests, the horseback combat, the landscapes, it's all spectacular. I don't know what else to say.

[color=firebrick] I've gotten to love the cel-shaded version of Zelda more so than the graphics in OOT and MM. In a sense I thought it suited the overall game well [as a review said, what were you guys expecting? Splinter Cell?].

Yeah, but whatever, screw all that. The game looks amazing. I thought the most interesting thing was Link pulling his sowrd out while on Epona [I'll the horse that for now], so I hope they make that an option at least at some points in the game. Remind me of LoTR for a bit, lol. The graphics, particularly the ones showing the forest, have impressed me so far and I'm extremely exicted over the game. The only 'new' game system I have in the Gamecube and I have only about four games, really. I need more.

[i]This[/i] Link does give the Spaceworld one a nice boot to begin with, beginning with his overall appearance and face. The first thing I actually noticed that his hair was not parted directly down the middle, even though that's not really important. :3 The clothes lean more toward the regular fantasy genre [even though everyone knows Link's hat owns all other costumes] and it looks like Link has finally gotten some armor, poor thing. :toothy:[/color]

I think it looks good and I'm excited because it's Zelda. Here's the curve ball. Unlike everyone else who will reply to this, I'm not euphoric over this development. You know, this more conventional "adult" look is what most everyone wanted in the first place: a natural extension of the Nintendo 64 series in terms of artistic approach. Do I think that's a good thing? A bad thing? Most will be so excited when they see the gorgeous trailer that they'll automatically dismiss any possibility that there could be negative consequences in reverting back to the traditional approach.

From where I stand, the cel-shaded look was the favorable way to go simply because it brought with it a lot of color and personality--something this media is almost devoid of. I find it funny in a way because a lot of you would have agreed with me here before this was shown, but now when a new realistic Zelda [i]does[/i] surface, those opinions almost seem vaporous. A lot of people probably weren't as sincere as they pretended to be in defense of Wind Waker's look.

I knew that we'd eventually see a return to this style, but I almost see it as Nintendo conceding instead of sticking to their guns and going forward with the early Zelda-inspired look for Wind Waker 2. I can't really blame them because obviously they want something that's going to take people by surprise and garner massive sales. Up until now, Nintendo has had a penchant for painting their franchises in a deceptively childish coat of paint and they're trying to move away from that to an extent. Understandable, but I can't help but to wonder what would have been.

Looking forward, I think this game certainly does look impressive, (aside from the grass textures) if not a little too familiar. Kind of like a more technologically advanced Ocarina of Time updated for today's generation. And that has me concerned because I loved the personality that literally oozed out of the last game. It had charm in spades. The look was stylish and unique, it wasn't something I could find on another console. In comparison, this looks a tad dull. Don't get me wrong, the graphic quality is lovely, but I could play a number of games on other consoles with a similar visual approach. Certain aspects, such as the battles on horse and Link's facial expressions give me some hope that Nintendo will inject a certain level of personality into the game. We'll see.

I just hope that they [b]finally [/b]complete Zelda's cinematic presentation by adding voice acting. I know a lot of you don't mind, but I think it's a touch of flair the series is lacking. I know it can be done right at this point.

Iit hasn't been incorporated into the games at this point aside from various grunts and screams, thus there's sort of a void in the presentation. When I played Wind Waker even, I knew that something was missing. The Zeldas are epic, they're scored wonderfully--let's just hear the voices to match. I think it's needed now, or this will just seem like more of the same.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this for the sake of getting attention in the midst of postive comments, but at the same time, I'm not willing to play the fanboy and blithely dismiss the attachment I've developed to Wind Waker's look in favor of something that rethreads on old territory. Back when I supported the cel-shaded look, I was doing so because I really liked it, not so that I could sound politically correct or something. :goes unnoticed happily:

I think you might be going a bit too far with a bit too little information. Does this game look good? Yes. Do we know how it plays? No, although I'm sure it's safe to say it won't be radically different from the last few at its core.

I think THAT is the main problem. The graphics, voice overs and such are really just superfluous by comparison, in my opinion. They're just more cinematic additions. What needs to be altered is the gameplay. Not radically so, but it would be nice if there was more to it for once beyond what really just feels like an upgrade. If it wasn't for the graphics in Wind Waker, I don't really know what would have pulled me into it to be honest. However, this does have my attention because it looks good and was very unexpected.

While I loved and still love Wind Waker's approach, I'm not going to try and trick myself into thinking that Nintendo cannot pull off interesting and charming senarios with a more realistic graphics engine. We don't know anything outside of what was shown. We don't know about the other characters, the items, the enemy, the story... so how can anything be judged other than the graphics? Wind Waker engine has its own charm, I don't really think that this game won't have its own as well.

I really want to see what Nintendo can do with a game like this. Nintendo itself really hasn't made any gritty, releastic games that I can think of in recent memory. This is a change for them, especially if EAD is responsible like I'm assuming. Because of this, I find it far more interesting than I would a Majora Mask-style sidequest to the Wind Waker.

If one can consider this more of the same, then why would making a game that looks just like Wind Waker be any different? If anything, I'd think that'd be the far more simpler thing to do. I'm sure Nintendo has its own reasons for this, as I can't see Miyamoto or Aonuma (who was the main person resonsible for the cel shading) changing the graphic style just to appease a bunch of people who ***** online constantly. If they thought that way, they'd probably never do Wind Waker in the first place.

I'm not concerned. I suppose there is a certain amount of genericness to this currently, but we don't really know where the game is at right now.

I still don't want voice acting in Zelda games. I don't think it will lend anything other than one less thing for the player to imagine and about ten other things to go wrong. Screw that. I'll never agree on that point heh.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
[QUOTE=Charles]From where I stand, the cel-shaded look was the favorable way to go simply because it brought with it a lot of color and personality...

I just hope that they [b]finally [/b]complete Zelda's cinematic presentation by adding voice acting. I know a lot of you don't mind, but I think it's a touch of flair the series is lacking. I know it can be done right at this point.

It hasn't been incorporated into the games at this point aside from various grunts and screams, thus there's sort of a void in the presentation. When I played Wind Waker even, I knew that something was missing. The Zeldas are epic, they're scored wonderfully--let's just hear the voices to match. I think it's needed now, or this will just seem like more of the same.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wasn't too upset over the whole cel-shaded approach because it was executed very well. The cel-shading engine Nintendo used for WW was killer, and nobody has come close to matching it. But the WW [i]Link design[/i] is what annoyed me. I was never a fan of the look. Plus I didn't much enjoy sailing compared to riding Epona. This new Zelda did for me exactly what I wanted as far as Link's appearance goes, and as far as riding Epona goes (it's back and there's plenty it seems). Changing from cel-shading to pure polygonal... well I'm glad they did that too, honestly, because they changed the mood along with it. Something cel-shaded [i]could[/i] work for Zelda, but I think it needs a darker tone than WW--something like Batman: TAS. A style like that would've fit Zelda well in my opinion.

As far as voice acting... well I've been glad that nobody's voiced over Link so far. It's weird, but I've gotten attached to a "silent but deadly" Link. Really, he's like the only character who doesn't ever talk (well, besides Samus I guess). That's pretty much a personality trait at this point.

If he gets voiced over and the voice actor sucks, then I'll have to kill someone. So I'm worried about that.

On a side note....Doesn't it seem odd that Des hasn't responded to this? lol

This looks promising. I am so going to rent/buy this game when it comes out. I wonder what the storyline will be.... (wonders off and sneaks a peek in Nintendo Corp.)

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']I think you might be going a bit too far with a bit too little information. Does this game look good? Yes. Do we know how it plays? No, although I'm sure it's safe to say it won't be radically different from the last few at its core.[/quote]Well, sure. These are just initial impressions and the train of thought I'm riding with right now. Judging from the trailer alone, the game looks to play identically to the others in most ways. That's not wholly negative per se. I'm very fond of how Zelda games make the most out of Link's repertoire of abilities and collection of items. They're not cool but superfluous gimmicks that the dungeons passively make use of. You're usually required to be familiar with everything in your arsenal and forced to solve puzzles using everything at your disposal creative ways.

Also, Zelda games tend to introduce at least one unique gimmick (such as the element of wind or time travel). My main complaint about Wind Waker, however, was that aside from these positives, it was much of the game gameplay-wise. These shots do nothing to indicate that that will not be the case in this installment.

[quote]I think THAT is the main problem. The graphics, voice overs and such are really just superfluous by comparison, in my opinion. They're just more cinematic additions. What needs to be altered is the gameplay. Not radically so, but it would be nice if there was more to it for once beyond what really just feels like an upgrade. If it wasn't for the graphics in Wind Waker, I don't really know what would have pulled me into it to be honest. However, this does have my attention because it looks good and was very unexpected.[/quote]Oh yeah, exactly. I'm in complete agreement--especially with the last sentence. It's pretty much precisely what I've said on numerous occasion and the direct reason I didn't beat Wind Waker until recently. I just grew bored.

At this point though, I think that these cinematic additions would offer more than you'd think. It would add an entirely new dimension to the game and define the characters in a way that will compensate for the inferior (in my opinion) artistic direction.

As for the rest of your comments, I understand that it's possible to inject personality into the characters visually (just look at Link's facial expressions) but personality was just a given in Wind Waker. Everything was just so alive and colorful. The difference is that we only saw one attempt at that direction and I think a matured version of that engine could have been equally astonishing in comparison to what we're seeing here in terms of technical visual quality.

But, really there's only so far we can go in seeing the characters expressed visually. That's my entire reason on stressing the voice acting in every discussion.

[quote]As far as voice acting... well I've been glad that nobody's voiced over Link so far. It's weird, but I've gotten attached to a "silent but deadly" Link. Really, he's like the only character who doesn't ever talk (well, besides Samus I guess). That's pretty much a personality trait at this point.

If he gets voiced over and the voice actor sucks, then I'll have to kill someone. So I'm worried about that.[/quote]
Link doesn't have to talk. I actually had a pretty good discussion with Tony about this and I'd be perfectly happy if the supporting cast broke their silence, such as Ganon.

I really would not have minded if Nintendo had kept the cel-shaded look for the next Zelda game, since I thought Wind Waker looked absolutely incredible, but this is a good change of pace. I still think it's lame that other people are "ecstatic" that this isn't another Wind Waker style game, but oh well lol. I can see where they're coming from, in terms of that style maybe getting old if it's reused, I suppose, but definitely not because it wasn't a good look for the series.

In terms of voices, I agree with Charles; the supporting cast, I think, would be relatively easy to cast. I'm pretty sure most people's voices that they conjure up for Ganondorf sound relatively similar, as do their voices for Zelda and other characters. Link would be a bit harder to cast, I think, because people usually have their own distinct vision for a main character, at least in my experience. Keeping Link voiceless would probably be for the best.

As for the gameplay, well, I'm sure that it will turn out excellent and we'll at least see something new like we have with each preceeding game in the series.

EDIT: The video looked fantastic, as expected.

[url]http://cube.ign.com/articles/513/513962p1.html?fromint=1[/url]

[quote] IGNcube on Tuesday uncovered new details about Nintendo's upcoming action-adventure Legend of Zelda for GameCube. A couple of important questions about the game have now been answered.

Leading up to the pre-E3 2004 show, gamers believed that Nintendo was working on a sequel to Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, which would in turn indicate that the action-adventure would be cel-shaded in nature and would also likely feature a young version of hero Link. But as the newly redesigned Legend of Zelda proves, the company has instead reverted to a presentation more akin to the dark and gritty look of Link and Gannondorf previewed at Space World 2000 in Japan.

Nintendo however confirmed to IGNcube that the newly redesigned title does in fact run on a modified version of the Wind Waker engine. The company also revealed that the new Legend of Zelda is in fact not a remake of any kind, but instead an entirely original undertaking.

Meanwhile, more gameplay details were divulged. Link will feature the same eye-tracking system used in Wind Waker. He'll be able to knock all types of enemies off their horses and send them crashing to the ground. And a new dynamic camera system will shoot some dungeons from new perspectives. Evidently when Link explores some still-unrevealed dungeons the camera will pan back and shoot the action from a top-down angle. Players will be able to see parts of the 3D maze that lies in wait. But when the character encounters an enemy the camera will seamlessly sweep in again to shoot the battle from the normal behind-the-back perspective.

Neither Shigeru Miyamoto nor Eiji Aonuma will be directing the Legend of Zelda title. Both serve as producers. A new, still-secret director will helm the project.

A new, longer Legend of Zelda video that shows off never-before-seen areas and scenarios will be previewed behind closed doors at E3. IGNcube will have eyes on impressions for readers shortly after we see it.[/quote]

I hate this behind closed doors crap heh.

[color=#009966]:D

This game looks AWESOME!! :wigout: I love the graphics, and the monsters look better than ever. I just wish they would tell us more about the plot....>_>;

This should definately be a "must-have" for all Zelda fans. ^__^[/color]

The game is in mid to early development and this behind closed doors crap keeps people interested.

Now I'm starting to get excited, but knowing me and silly things like having a life and paying my rent I won't buy this title until 2006 or something. I'm worried about the dungeons though and what gimmick they are going to use this time to re-do the same plot they have for all the games.

I'll have to play though to see if it takes the crown for best Zelda title (Currently held by Link to the Past. SNES owns!) but I'm sure it will beat Oot and WW.

[QUOTE=Charles]I just hope that they [b]finally [/b]complete Zelda's cinematic presentation by adding voice acting. I know a lot of you don't mind, but I think it's a touch of flair the series is lacking. I know it can be done right at this point.

Iit hasn't been incorporated into the games at this point aside from various grunts and screams, thus there's sort of a void in the presentation. When I played Wind Waker even, I knew that something was missing. The Zeldas are epic, they're scored wonderfully--let's just hear the voices to match. I think it's needed now, or this will just seem like more of the same.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Teal]Personally I think voice acting isn't necessary, as I mentioned in my earlier post: simplicity is the key to the story of Zelda's success. Extra attractions as such may be for the better or for the worst, but wouldn't generally appeal to me in either way. Nintendo are good at taking risks though, and the WW would prove that, so maybe applying an extra voice or two could work out as a test run overall--just as cel-shaded graphics worked out.

It would be a very misleading concept too, I mean if Link was given a voice too boyish or too smug, then I'd definitely see him differently, wouldn't you?

But since the success of WW, many other games have decided to take the same visual approach, and might I add not one of them has been able to run effectively on its engine as WW did, but at the same time voice acting isn't the most original of all ideas and given that, I think most of you would be lead to believe it wouldn't work with the Zelda games.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Well, sure. These are just initial impressions and the train of thought I'm riding with right now. Judging from the trailer alone, the game looks to play identically to the others in most ways. That's not wholly negative per se. I'm very fond of how Zelda games make the most out of Link's repertoire of abilities and collection of items. They're not cool but superfluous gimmicks that the dungeons passively make use of. You're usually required to be familiar with everything in your arsenal and forced to solve puzzles using everything at your disposal creative ways.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Teal]Precisely my point. Zelda games tend to revolve around a mixture of many elements alike, game play, story, puzzles--all short but sweet. Nintendo were able to allow Link's arsenal to adapt to each dungeon since the very beginning, you can never use something too much or too little. In the end it's up to you to decide.

The monsters, while they look great, are also a bit too distort. I doubt anyone really noticed how you would come across one neither too easy nor too hard, there never was a catch to defeating an enemy. Just plain and simple.[/COLOR]

Guest Leumas Loch
About time nintendo got back to an awesome game, I guess I might just have to assemble the pieces of my shatter gamecube in order to play this game. I mean come on, Windwaker was a slap in the face to all the loyal zelda players out there, the cell shading actually made me not buy it. I played it for a couple hours at my friends house but I felt like i was supposed to be about eight years old while playing it. With this new zelda, Link is back to a hero you can be proud of, and not some little square shaped little frog/human looking creature. I am so glad that nintendo decided to do something right for the first time in awhile. But I might just have to dust off the old GCN for this game.

[quote name='Leumas Loch']About time nintendo got back to an awesome game, I guess I might just have to assemble the pieces of my shatter gamecube in order to play this game. I mean come on, Windwaker was a slap in the face to all the loyal zelda players out there, the cell shading actually made me not buy it. I played it for a couple hours at my friends house but I felt like i was supposed to be about eight years old while playing it. With this new zelda, Link is back to a hero you can be proud of, and not some little square shaped little frog/human looking creature. I am so glad that nintendo decided to do something right for the first time in awhile. But I might just have to dust off the old GCN for this game.[/quote][img]http://logo.cafepress.com/7/66.130847.jpg[/img]

I suggest you sell the GameCube or just give it away because quite frankly, you don't deserve to be playing it to begin with. You're not a loyal Zelda fan. If you were, you would have recognized the intelligent dungeon designs that easily matched up with (and sometimes surpassed) those found in the rest of the series--whether you preferred the look or not. Furthermore, the gameplay was polished and more intelligent than most "adult" franchises saturating the market. Everything about the game was a throwback to classic gaming. Plus, there were some clever concepts and artistic innovations that make the game more of a work of art than a simple piece of software. My point in relevance to this topic is that because this will undoubtedly play similarly to Wind Waker (it's running on a modified version of the Wind Waker engine after all), it'll likewise fall beneath your superficial standards as an adult game as well.

Now get out of here and go back to the IGN forums.

[size=2][font=Verdana][color=royalblue]I'm personally looking foward to any new Zelda game released. I have been a huge fan of the Zelda series for a long time and I loved Wind Waker. I haven't really heard any news other than in this forum but I also haven't really looked. Also, in refrence to the quote below by [/color][color=royalblue]Leumas Loch, Wind Waker was in my opionion, one of the greatest games I have played in a while. It isn't the graphics that matter and if that is what you base your games on, I would take the advice given below and give away your Game Cube because a truly loyal Zelda fan would not just avoid buying a game because they changed the graphics. The music, game play, and battles were all done amazingly and personally, I thought the graphics change was an interesting twist.[/color][/font][/size]

[QUOTE=Charles][img]http://logo.cafepress.com/7/66.130847.jpg[/img]

I suggest you sell the GameCube or just give it away because quite frankly, you don't deserve to be playing it to begin with. You're not a loyal Zelda fan. If you were, you would have recognized the intelligent dungeon designs that easily matched up with (and sometimes surpassed) those found in the rest of the series--whether you preferred the look or not. Furthermore, the gameplay was polished and more intelligent than most "adult" franchises saturating the market. Everything about the game was a throwback to classic gaming. Plus, there were some clever concepts and artistic innovations that make the game more of a work of art than a simple piece of software. My point in relevance to this topic is that because this will undoubtedly play similarly to Wind Waker, it'll likewise fall beneath your superficial standards as an adult game as well.

Now get out of here and go back to the IGN forums.[/QUOTE]

On a sidenote with the whole hating Windwaker... I am a very devoted fan of Zelda and I played just about them all. I found only one thing in Windwaker that really ticked my ticker. For one...Ganon was a terrible villian. If you played the game you can see the dramatic change from his original appearance in OOT. He turns from a man who wants power and destruction to a man who still wants power but becomes 'soft'. I was very unhappy with this. Other than that the graphics were good and I agree with Charles with that. Especially the new moves Link was able to do. The story...SO so. As for THIS coming Zelda I will await for it's coming and see with my own eyes and judge in my own way how the game fairs against the others. I find though MM was the best. But again that is my opinion.

Once again Tony Cudios for the info. You are one nerdish researcher that we all love for being. Keep up that good work. :p

[quote name='Burori']On a side note....Doesn't it seem odd that Des hasn't responded to this? lol[/quote]
[color=indigo]I haven't replied before this because I've been busy reading info and watching videos of a bunch of other games being shown at E3 besides this new Zelda. My Game Archive folder has to have grown by about 100 MBs in the last couple days, heh.

Anyway, I'm really surprised about the graphical change. I was sure I had heard from an interview that the next Zelda game would use the same graphics engine and character models as TWW. . . . I think it's kind of funny though, how for TWW everyone was expecting a realistic looking game and then Nintendo used the cel shading instead. And now, when people were expecting cel shading, they switched it back to a realistic style. Makes me kind of wonder if they're not doing it on purpose.

As for specifics in regard to the graphics, I'm totally in love with Link's design. Just the sheer ammount of detail on his character model; the stitching on the tunic, the chain mail, the undershirt and pants, the gauntlets, the boots, the pouches on his belt. . . . This is most definitely my favorite design for Link so far. The simpleness of Link's character model in TWW fit with the rest of the graphics, but I've always prefered the art style of A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time when it comes down to just Link himself.

What I'm hoping they're going to do with this game, however, is make it in sort of the same style as A Link to the Past. In LTP, it seemed like there was a good mix between cartoony and darker elements. On the surface the graphics were closer to TWW than OOT in terms of realism, so it had more of a lighthearted feel to it, but if you really paid attention to the story you would realize that Link's fight was a dark and desperate battle to keep Ganon from escaping the Dark World and ravaging Hyrule. Likewise, with this new Zelda, I'm hoping that even though the graphics are more realistic, they'll be able to keep that balance between serious adventure and lighthearted fairytale. (Seeing Link riding along, chopping enemies off of their mounts, helps with that I think. I mean, how can you not laugh at that, even if you are going "Damn that's awesome" at the same time?)

What I'm really looking forward to though, regardless of the graphical style or mood of the game, is what appears to be a huge overworld. In the trailer, we see a number of different environments, such as grassy plains, rolling hills, barren wasteland, and a real forest. (I was disappointed with the forest in Ocarina of Time -- there were very few actual trees). If these areas are as vast as they look, stretching out to the horizon, I am going to be overjoyed. One of the main things that disappointed me in OOT was how small the overworld was compared to how big it was said to be, before the game's release. I was expecting this huge world, but the overworld felt more like several closed-in areas with tunnels linking them. So hopefully this new game can finally fulfill my wish for a large, open, and detailed overworld.

One thing I'm really wondering about, however, is if this game actually has anything to do with The Wind Waker. Really, all the signs in the trailer point to it being set after Ocarina of Time more than they do The Wind Waker, so I'm kind of doubting this is a direct sequal to TWW in the way that MM was to OOT. I'm really eager to find out some details on the game's storyline, so hopefully they'll reveal something in that closed-doors video.[/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
[QUOTE=IGN]Q: The graphics in the game are beautiful. Will the game feature high production values throughout? To be more specific, will we see detailed cinematics, major story developments and will characters speak with acted voices?

Shigeru Miyamoto: I actually don't want Link to talk very much. Maybe I'll record my own voice for when he talks, or maybe you can record your own voice [laughs]. [/QUOTE]

Well, there you go. I guess we can all rest easy knowing that Link won't be voiced over by some douche any time soon.

Also, the game will be "in fully playable form" BY NEXT E3!!! That's a long time to wait...