OtakuBoards

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Semjaza

That is true. I had no clue when the Revolution was coming out so I didnt know if it was around then. I didnt even think about the fact that they would have to make it playable on the new system.

Well, thats good news. I don't really have any intentions of buying a Revolution.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's funny how the last handful of posters just seemingly haven't read through this thread at all. Just recently we had a detailed discussion within this very thread on whether or not Nintendo should launch the Revolution with this game. So, some of you guys may want to read over that. I think it's interesting, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Shinmaru]I really would not have minded if Nintendo had kept the cel-shaded look for the next Zelda game, since I thought Wind Waker looked absolutely incredible, but this is a good change of pace. I still think it's lame that other people are "ecstatic" that this isn't another Wind Waker style game, but oh well lol. I can see where they're coming from, in terms of that style maybe getting old if it's reused, I suppose, but definitely not because it wasn't a good look for the series.

In terms of voices, I agree with Charles; the supporting cast, I think, would be relatively easy to cast. I'm pretty sure most people's voices that they conjure up for Ganondorf sound relatively similar, as do their voices for Zelda and other characters. Link would be a bit harder to cast, I think, because people usually have their own distinct vision for a main character, at least in my experience. Keeping Link voiceless would probably be for the best.

As for the gameplay, well, I'm sure that it will turn out excellent and we'll at least see something new like we have with each preceeding game in the series.

EDIT: The video looked fantastic, as expected.[/QUOTE]
I think the point of the cel-shading was to try a new approach towards the zelda games and show everyone that graphics don't matter that much, that it's really more about gameplay. But most people just care about the graphics for a game and think it will be awesome. But look at old NES games. They may not have the best graphics in the world, but they last forever (if you take good care of your NES).

[quote name='Violet Link']I think the point of the cel-shading was to try a new approach towards the zelda games and show everyone that graphics don't matter that much, that it's really more about gameplay. But most people just care about the graphics for a game and think it will be awesome. But look at old NES games. They may not have the best graphics in the world, but they last forever (if you take good care of your NES).[/quote]

Nah, the cel-shaded direction was obviously a throwback to Zelda's roots. By the way, if the intention there was to show everyone that graphics don't matter through the visual style, then the developers failed miserably. The game was absolutely gorgeous regardless of whether one agrees with the style or not. When it was first released, I thought it was the best-looking console game ever. I remember being floored when I saw ash swirling through the air while scaling the volcano. And when I actually entered and saw the heat and lava effects (which were only just recently surpassed by those found in Resident Evil 4)--I felt that the game looked better than most cartoons. I even stared in awe at minor effects, like the plumes of smoke that followed an enemy's death. Great stuff.

[quote name='Charles']Nah, the cel-shaded direction was obviously a throwback to Zelda's roots. By the way, if the intention there was to show everyone that graphics don't matter through the visual style, then the developers failed miserably. The game was absolutely gorgeous regardless of whether one agrees with the style or not. When it was first released, I thought it was the best-looking console game ever. I remember being floored when I saw ash swirling through the air while scaling the volcano. And when I actually entered and saw the heat and lava effects (which were only just recently surpassed by those found in Resident Evil 4)--I felt that the game looked better than most cartoons. I even stared in awe at minor effects, like the plumes of smoke that followed an enemy's death. Great stuff.[/quote]
I really loved the cel-shaded look of The Wind Waker. It was just so beautifully done! I loved all the funny facial expressions Link made and how Link would get dizzy after doing the final sword technique. I was actually more thrown off by the other Zelda games, as The Wind Waker was the first one I ever played. So when I borrowed Ocarina of Time and Majora?s Mask from a friend I was looking at it thinking what the heck? I liked both of them; it just took me a while to get use to a non-cartoon look. :animeswea

I?ve already reserved my copy of the new game so I was pretty sad to hear that it?s been delayed. :animecry:

[B][COLOR=Yellow]Halajuya!!! The game I waited for sooo long is commin the windwaker was a great game but it looked like it was for kids but it was still Zelda now the Twilight princess is soo so far already the best Zelda game hands down but im really confused on the released date is it still november or has it ben delayed to next year? can somebody tell me?[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='XxZeroxX][B][COLOR=Yellow]Halajuya!!! The game I waited for sooo long is commin the windwaker was a great game but it looked like it was for kids but it was still Zelda now the Twilight princess is soo so far already the best Zelda game hands down but im really confused on the released date is it still november or has it ben delayed to next year? can somebody tell me?[/COLOR'][/B][/quote]

The game's been delayed until at least April of 2006.

• 3 months later...
I figured I would update this thread with the latest information going around.

[quote]According to UK magazine, NGC, Twilight Princess will still release on the GameCube. However, when the game is inserted into the Revolution (Nintendo's upcoming [url="http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2005/12/22-50#"]console[/url]), the game will unlock the ability to use the new controller, which operates in 3D space. It is unknown at this time whether the game will see a graphical upgrade when played on the Revolution, or if just the control scheme will change.

In addition, NGC reports that the game is easily 100 hours long with plenty of sidequests to take on. They also state that Twilight Princess will release very close to the time when Revolution comes out. If this is true, then we may not see the [url="http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2005/12/22-50#"]GameCube game[/url] until Fall 2006. Keep in mind that all of this information has not been confirmed or denied by Nintendo.[/quote]
I'm almost happier hearing that the game has some length to it than I am about the Revolution controller support. Wind Waker was really just too short which detracted from the epic feel of the quest. With this news combined with the recent rumors that the game will use a fully orchestrated soundtrack (instead of having it kick in for special moments), it seems that Nintendo has put the extra development time to good use.

Holy Jebus, that's unreal. I mean seriously. We've seen backwards compatibility before, but this...doesn't this technically count as [b][i]forwards[/i][/b] compatibility? A previous game designed to function with an upcoming system, rather than an upcoming system designed to function with a previous game?

I'm still giggling like a little schoolgirl.

This sort of thing has happened before. It's not really groundbreaking, but I don't know what term it should be associated with.

It's worth noting that a good portion of what appears in that article seems to be total speculation on the magazine's part as to how things would work. They talk about fishing, sword play, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Lone_Link
:animestun :animeangr Is it really true its been moved to November 06!Thats so effing CRAP!! It was already delayed to April and by thinking that you would think the game is huge and ready to be out by now! But it STILL needs work! This means this is going to be the BEST LOZ game fir awhile!! AT least since OOT Master Quest!! :animesmil OK PEACE

[color=#4B0082]Actually, Nintendo never gave a release date after it was delayed. They just said they'd be waiting until after the 2005 fiscal year, which ended in March. So April was just assumed by a lot of people.

Funny thing is, this is exactly what happened with Ocarina of Time. It was slated for a November 1997 release. Then it got delayed and was rumored to come out in March/April. Then it was finally released in November 1998.[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]...so there's currently no release date for Twlight?

I, for one, am sorrowful... I was hoping last year to play it during Winter Break. Now it wasn't come out around this time, and I can't play it during my Spring Break...

I pissed! :mad: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]There's no release date for Twilight Princess, but you can probably expect it to be released somewhere near the launch of Revolution.

In case you hadn't read it, apparently Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed that Twilight Princess [i]will[/i] be compatible with the Revolution controller. I think there's a lot Nintendo could do with that, from a business perspective. It'd be great if they bundled in a copy of Twilight Princess to those who pre-order Revolution or something like that. Having a new Zelda game right off the bat surely won't be a bad thing.[/font]

I've got (somehow) over 80 bucks down on this game, which I've had on gamestop reserve for over a year and a half. I'm starting to get angered with the fact that they (gamestop) have actually given me dates and have missed every time. "March 13th" was the last date they gave me. And I remember hearing this would be a GCN game. Am i pleasantly, and horrifically mistaken?

[color=#4B0082]I don't even bother looking at any date a retailer gives out. They're usually just wild guesses.

But yeah, the most Nintendo has said is that TP will be released around the same time as the Revolution. Which they've said they're going to try to release around Thanksgiving. So I'm guessing some time in November.

TP will still be a GCN game. They've hammered that point into the ground ever since the latest delay. It'll just be able to make use of the Revolution's controller if it's played on a Rev.[/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I have to say, though...the longer it takes to make Zelda the more excited I get. Think about how damn long this thing has been in development and how far it's been extended over its initial launch date target. I'm hoping it's going to be the 3D Zelda to end all 3D Zeldas, at least thusfar. ~_^[/font]

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, I've stopped becoming annoyed at long delays. Instead, I think about all the cool stuff that will be added because of the extra development time.

The thing that's had me most excited about Twilight Princess, from the very beginning, has been how huge the world is supposed to be. And especially after reading Nintendo Power's Inside Zelda series of articles, where they interview various people working on the game, that excitement has really grown. From all I've heard, they've really been making the most of the extra time, to add a lot of explorable area as well as fine tuning the details to make each area as atmospheric as possible. I'm really looking forward to wandering around Hyrule once more.[/color]

I also want my zelda, but until then, i'll have to practice my Ocarina, and play around with 'oot.

I'm angry at Gamestop, though. Since I quit 3 years ago, they've gotten a bit incompetent. I'll need to find a new store...

Maybe I can find a crazy, traveling merchant on a boat, just offshore within swimming distance, yet is oddly at every island in existence, at once.

• 1 month later...
[url=http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149675&pid=928519][b]GameSpot article about E3 Twilight Princess Wii demo, along with a Twilight Princess video[/b][/url]

Twilight Princess is looking more fantastic than ever right now, especially with the Wii-specific adaptations. After watching that video, I'm itching to be able to play it with the "Wiimote" (as Charles refers to it :p). It'll probably take a bit of getting used to, but I'm confident that the learning curve will be fairly smooth.

Question: Is it safe to assume that there's a good possibility of there being a Twilight Princess/Wii bundle available when the system launches? I know that I'd pick that up in a heartbeat.

[color=dimgray] When I saw the demo for Zelda TP with the Wii controller I was digustingly happy. It made me want to buy the Wii with the new Zelda game when it came out instead of just playing it on the Gamecube. Now I need to save up a minimum of about $450 or something. >_>

But anyways... watching the guy shooting arrows with the Wii controller at E3 was pretty amazing for me. When the news for the Wii controller first came out, I was incredibly iffy, but now I'm crazy about trying it out. [/color]