OtakuBoards

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Semjaza

[COLOR=Sienna][FONT=System]id rather buy it to GC then wavin so readiculesly wit the nunchakus (they could've done better dan that) but den ill hafta buy a new GC kontrol sence mine's broken^^

and i realy wanna know wat instrument's gonna be in...if its the ocarina again(if there gonna be one at all -_-;;(i hope)) or some other kick *** instru :D

The sword stile dat i've seen is like in soul calliber, and dat's kinda cool too^^[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#4B0082]Well, [url=http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726748p1.html][u]this is interesting[/u][/url]. Apparently Nintendo is overhauling the control scheme for the Wii version of Twilight Princess, and now you'll swing the remote to swing Link's sword rather than pushing the A button.

First, I'm worried that swinging the controller that much will get old really fast. Miyamoto also thought it would get tiring after a while, according to interviews from E3, but now he's saying, "Upon actually playing it, it's more interesting this way." I guess I trust Miyamoto's decision, but I still have some lingering doubts.

One thing that could make this really cool, though, is if they let you control which sword swing you do (vertical slash, horizontal slash, stab, etc) just by how you move the remote. I think that would make it a lot more fun, and probably also less prone to become old and simply tiring.

Also, since this change frees up a button (which was previously being used to swing the sword), you can now use a secondary item with B. The example given was with the bow and arrows, and how Miyamoto thought using down on the control cross was too difficult. I think that's great, since using the B trigger will feel a lot better for aiming and shooting with the remote.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Well, [url=http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726748p1.html][u]this is interesting[/u][/url]. Apparently Nintendo is overhauling the control scheme for the Wii version of Twilight Princess, and now you'll swing the remote to swing Link's sword rather than pushing the B button.

First, I'm worried that swinging the controller that much will get old really fast. Miyamoto also thought it would get tiring after a while, according to interviews from E3, but now he's saying, ""Upon actually playing it, it's more interesting this way." I guess I trust Miyamoto's decision, but I still have some lingering doubts.

One thing that could make this really cool, though, is if they let you control which sword swing you do (vertical slash, horizontal slash, stab, etc) just by how you move the remote. I think that would make it a lot more fun, and probably also less prone to become old and simply tiring.

Also, since this change frees up the B button (which was previously being used toswing the sword), you can now use a secondary item with it. The example given was with the bow and arrows, and how Miyamoto thought using down on the control cross was too difficult. I think that's great, since using the B trigger will feel a lot better for aiming and shooting with the remote.[/color][/QUOTE]
[center][img]http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/2921/colberths6.jpg[/img][/center]

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well I cant say that having the sword movement will either make or break the game. The only way I can think of it working is somehow like they used the katana in Red Steel. Yet Zelda is in a 3rd person points of view along with all of the other things that it zelda must do.

The only problem that I can see is probably for those people who have bad cordination. Espically with the Wii's unique controler design its going to take most gamers a time to get used to. Zelda will probably no doubt be one of those games.

Yet if they do get the idea of "the way you move your controler is the way the sword moves" Its just more of a reason for me to get a Wii.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[color=#4B0082][url=http://www.koopacabana.com/archives/38-Miyamoto-Confirms-Right-Handed-Link.html][u]Blasphemy![/u][/url] Confirmed today is that Link will indeed be right handed in the Wii version of Twilight Princess, as was seen at the Wii conferences. I'm actually surprised that they went ahead and did this, since Link has always been left-handed in all the previous games. And will having him be right-handed really make much difference? Unless they're making the sword control really, really precise, a horizontal swing is a horizontal swing any way you slice it.[/color]

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DimGray]Meh. I couldn't care less.

To be honest I never noticed that Link was left-handed and it really doesn't bother me. At the same time, I can understand why it would bug a Link-Fan such as yourself. If they say... changed Mario's eye colour to yellow or something in Super Mario Galaxy, I too would consider buying the Gamecube version (if there was one).

Having a right handed Link never mattered in the past, but this time around you're not just pressing a button, you're swinging the controller, so having the sword in the same hand the controller is in makes things much easier (since the majority of us are right-handed).

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a left handed option like they seem to have in almost all DS games.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='White][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DimGray]Meh. I could care less.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

I agree: I [B]couldn't[/B] care less.

The more important factor here is that the Wiimote integration is just a tacked-on gimmick for this version of Zelda. It's already been confirmed that Link's onscreen actions do not match which way you swing the Wiimote. Regardless of whether you swipe right or left, he's going to perform canned attack animations.

Recent impressions of the game have stated that it's coming along really well though, and that the controls are much more manageable than they were at E3 (particularly firing arrows), so at least that's good news.

[font=arial]There's been a big debate over this at the N-Sider Forums...but honestly, it's just a couple of "hardcore Zelda fans" who think that changing the arm that Link uses is the same as changing his outfit or something. And clearly, it's not quite on the same level. lol

I'm a big Zelda fan but I don't care - Link changes fairly often anyway. So as long as the game is great (and I'm sure it will be), I will be happy.[/font]

[color=#8B0000]It's nothing to cause uproar about, really. I can understand people's point of view about their complaints of how TWW made the transition to the cel-shade graphic style, and while I might disagree with them, it was still a big change nonetheless. This issue really doesn't compare.[/color]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I was just thinking about this and I thought I'd ask all of you. What are your opinions on Twilight Princess launching in December for the Gamecube? The Wii is coming out November 19th (with Twilight Princess as a launch title) which leaves 10-30 days between the launch of the GCN version and the launch of the Wii version.

Personally I don't think it was necessary to spread out the dates but at the same time I just don't give a damn. It's obviously just Nintendo's way of trying to get more people to buy a Wii.

I know a few people who were angry about this and I'm curious about your opinions.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=White][color=DimGray][font=Tahoma]I was just thinking about this and I thought I'd ask all of you. What are your opinions on Twilight Princess launching in December for the Gamecube? The Wii is coming out November 19th (with Twilight Princess as a launch title) which leaves 10-30 days between the launch of the GCN version and the launch of the Wii version.

Personally I don't think it was necessary to spread out the dates but at the same time I just don't give a damn. It's obviously just Nintendo's way of trying to get more people to buy a Wii.

I know a few people who were angry about this and I'm curious about your opinions.[/font][/color][/QUOTE] General rule: nobody has the right to get angry about anything that happens regarding the development time or quality of video games or consoles. [i]There's a big ol' world full of injustice out there, people, and games just don't hold up against it.[/i]

[font=arial]I honestly don't really care. I think Nintendo has reason enough to do it...and it's not a huge delay.

I'll be buying the Wii version anyway I think, so I suppose that's the main reason why I'm not worried about it.

Although I suppose Zelda purists will be buying both versions - I know I'm going to be curious as to how well the GameCube version plays.[/font]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='James][font=arial']Although I suppose Zelda purists will be buying both versions - I know I'm going to be curious as to how well the GameCube version plays.[/font][/quote]I will be getting the GameCube version for the simple reason that I don't plan on buying the Wii immediately and I'm too impatient to wait for Twilight Princess. I don't think I can wait a year or longer to get the game. And by then it will be fun to get the Wii version and play it just to see what the differences are. ;)[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']I will be getting the GameCube version for the simple reason that I don't plan on buying the Wii immediately and I'm too impatient to wait for Twilight Princess.[/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]The Wii version comes out November 19th (the same day as the Wii) and the GCN Version is set for December 11th. So, if you're too impatient to wait for the game I would recommend getting the Wii/Wii Version. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Charles']A month is not that long of a wait when the alternative is dropping 250 bones on a new system with nothing else worth playing on it at launch.[/quote]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]True, but the way she said it made it seem like she wanted it immediately, no matter the cost. I guess I pinned her as a major zelda fan (like someone else on the staff *cough*) who would get the Wii just to play it a month earlier.

Though, I guess if that were the case she might get the GCN version because of the right-hand thing. Who knows?

Anyways, I was looking at some screenshots the other day and the graphics actually look very well done (for a Wii game). There was one picture that really got me... *finds it*

[url=http://www.zelda.com/universe/_img/game/legendzelda/set3/ss12.jpg][b]Here.[/b][/url][/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#007520]I'm getting the Wii as soon as I gots the cashes. And Zelda is a staple, so there's no way I can skip it... even if the only Zelda game I enjoyed previously was the Minish Cap. My girlfriend will be getting the GCN version, though, because she feels Nintendo ripped her off, since she was promised the game for the GCN.

Am I the only one that was surprised from this line?

[quote] The interesting thing is, on the GameCube Link is still left-handed; because of the mirror mode [B]the game map is reversed[/B].[/quote]It would be strange to try to compare walkthroughs, screenshots, and play experience between the Wii and the GCN if the maps are reversed...

-r2[/color]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]True, but the way she said it made it seem like she wanted it immediately, no matter the cost. I guess I pinned her as a major zelda fan (like someone else on the staff *cough*) who would get the Wii just to play it a month earlier.

Though, I guess if that were the case she might get the GCN version because of the right-hand thing. Who knows?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I do want it immediately. :p But since the only reason I would be buying the Wii is for Zelda I don't want to spend $250 just to get a game that can be played on my already exisiting GameCube. And though I'd rather not wait at all, I'm not planning on getting the Wii any time soon so a month is a reasonable wait say compared to a year. Which is probably how long it will be before I get the Wii. Especially since I've been saving up to get a new laptop as my current one is rather old. So I just can't see spending that much money when it will pay for a good chunk of my new computer once I've saved enough.

Also I've never been a big nintendo fan and in all honesty the only reason I got the GameCube was so I could get The Wind Waker when it was released. So right now the only reason I will be getting the Wii is for Twilight Princess. Though if I wasn't saving for a computer, I probably would get the Wii just so I could play it a month sooner. And even then I would still get the GameCube version as Zelda is one of my favorite games and I would enjoy seeing the differences between the two. ;)[/COLOR]

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Call me clarvoiant or something but..

Why do I have the odd feeling that this game will be soooo much easier to play on the gamecube since the people who got it on the Wii will either have a hard time to try to move link. Or they are going to be on a very easy boss but because of the control they shall be stuck there?

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutly am looking forward for the Wii as well as Twilight princess (its been long enough anyways). I am just stuck here wondering will the new control system make to much of a difference?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4b0082']I'm going to laugh so hard if, when TP is released, it turns out I was right.[/color][/quote]
And either way, I'll still be laughing because TP on Wii is nothing to get excited about anyway, seeing as how it's nothing but a boring port-job.

The only Zelda on Wii in my mind is the Zelda game made specifically for Wii.

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][quote name='Papa Smurf']The only Zelda on Wii in my mind is the Zelda game made specifically for Wii.[/quote]
My thoughts aswell. And that's basically what I'm going to say in reply to Ikillion.

[quote name='Ikillion']Why do I have the odd feeling that this game will be soooo much easier to play on the gamecube since the people who got it on the Wii will either have a hard time to try to move link. Or they are going to be on a very easy boss but because of the control they shall be stuck there?[/quote]
Absolutely not. The only difference in controls with the Wii version is instead of pressing a button to slash your sword, you have to flick your wrist a tiny bit. You still have an analog stick to move with so I don't know how you figure it'll be harder to move Link around. If anything it'll be easier since instead of moving the camera with another analog stick you've got the Wii Cursor which is much faster.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]And either way, I'll still be laughing because TP on Wii is nothing to get excited about anyway, seeing as how it's nothing but a boring port-job.

The only Zelda on Wii in my mind is the Zelda game made specifically for Wii.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]You say that like TP is going to suck simply because it's a ported GCN game. Even if it doesn't use the Wii controller's features as extensively as a Zelda game developed specifically for the Wii TP is still going to be an awesome game. Or do you seriously think Nintendo has wasted three years developing a boring game, all the while touting it as the best Zelda yet?

I mean, you're not going to fault SSBB for using GCN controllers, are you? In that respect it's in the same boat as TP yet I don't see you calling it boring.[/color]