OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

Ever since I joined the Otaku Boards back in October, I've never seen a single topic about [u]Inu Yasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale[/u]. Then I started to wonder if anyone out there knew about it. It's about a half-demon named Inu Yasha, and a human girl named Kagome. It's by Rumiko Takahashi (the creator of [i]Ranma 1/2[/i]). Has anyone else heard about it?

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson][size=1]I've heard of it! YES I HAVE! I've even read every volume that you guys have at your house. *laughs* I had heard of it a long time ago though, although I never bought the manga for myself. I don't believe they've released the TV series anywhere around here yet, so I guess we'll just have to be patient.[/color][/size]

[color=green]I have heard of the series, but I have never seen it. There is a rumor that the show might be shown on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" lineup this summer, I don't know if this is true or not.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][color=green]I have heard of the series, but I have never seen it. There is a rumor that the show might be shown on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" lineup this summer, I don't know if this is true or not.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I hope so. If it were shown on TV, we wouldn't have to keep buying the manga. :) I'll keep an eye open for it.

Anyone else?

i will throw eggs at the Viz communications building if they even consider putting it on Adult Swim....I have Viz they are a bunch of morons....They have no idea how to translate things properly.... they screwed up Inu Yasha royally....I love Inu Yasha but i hate how viz flipped the manga so everythign is backwards.... the arrow is supposed to be on the other side....and I dont want to think about the dub.. I saw the subs and it was pretty good... it was almost identical to the manga.... except less blood...

I would like to see the Inu Yasha Anime, but I don't know if I'd like it on TV where, like Queen Asuka said, everyone would see it and officially anounce themselves the biggest Inu Yasha fans in the World. I would like to see it subtitled, it's just a matter of getting my money out......

I love the manga. It's so cute! And I personally like Inu Yasha's drawing style better than Rumiko Takahashi's other works like Ranma. Their noses are kind weird.......lol, but she makes 'em better in IY. I'm only on volume 6 right now, but I'll be moving forward a lot faster now. I had stopped and didn't wanna get get volume 5, but I just did, and it was so good. Human Inu-Yasha is just so adorable!

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, I was a big Ranma fan way before I ever got into Inu Yasha. I want to see the anime, but only if it's dubbed. That's why I'll wait and get it on DVD where I can sample it either way! Ah the wonders of technology. :D But yeah, the storyline is really cute, but I hate the way Inu Yasha is so arrogant. Just like that punk Ranma Saotome, I'll say...[/color][/size]

I liked Inu-Yasha first, and then I saw the Ranma Manga, so I picked it up, and I love both stories! But after about 5 books of Ranma, I find it's sorta starting to bug me, with a rather repetitive plot, but it's just my opinion. I like Inu-Yasha better. I love Inu-Yasha! Since he's so arrogant, it's even sweeter when he's [i]not[/i] being arrogant, and when he's being nice to Kagome. I love that kinda character. ^^

I'm a fan of all of Rumiko's works. Ranma 1/2 is funny, but I like the action of Inu Yasha better. Like you said, a tv series would be great but it wouldn't be like the original. There's also a bit of history in Inu-Yasha, with the legendary Japanese warrior Nobunga sp? You could actually learn something from a manga, what a concept! :D

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
;) Guys lets try to stay on track here, your discussing according to the title thread Inu yasha not Ranma 1/2! Lets get back on track here ok!;)

[color=crimson][size=1]No one was really discussing Ranma, they were just using it as a comparison for Inu Yasha...*grumbles* ANYWHO...yeah I know that it's based on real Japanese history and I think that's pretty cool...of course, I'm pretty sure all those demons really weren't just hanging around, wandering after some Shikon jewel ya know? And I really like the priestess chic, the one that died...but her name has slipped my mind right this second...Kikyo, that's it...[/color][/size]

am i the only one that absolutly loathes Kagome and Kikyo???
I can't stand them... does anyone else hate them too??? or is there osmthing wrong with me and my friend (who also hates them)???
I love fluffy... aka the almighty Sesshomaru sama.....

I like Kagome, personally. She acts like I do a lot of the time. And reacts the same way frequently, too. ^^ I hate Kikyo, though. She drives me nuts, with her Inu-Yasha/Kagome grudge crap. It's annoying. But again.....I kinda like Kagome. She's not as pathetic as say......Miaka (ok...maybe she's not [i]pathetic, [/i]but...) or the other heroines who just sit there and scream. I hate that......

I do have to admit that Kagome does get annoying sometimes, but I like Kikyo. She's cool. :D She doesn't scream and depend on someone else to save her all the time. She can take care of herself. I applaud her for that. But you can't really blame her for holding a grudge against them. (I will not say what why because it is a spoiler.)

I don't think it's a good reason to hold a grudge. I mean, she knows the truth, and she would still rather be a virtually soul-less corpse wandering the Earth? Allright then.....I think she needs to accept it and move on or something. And what's up with her being so jealous of Kagome? Isn't she alive because of her hatred of Inu-yasha?

I have quite a few eps of Inu Yasha but I never bothered watching it since I've only been watching Kenshin and Full Metal Panic these past few weeks. But based on what you guys think about it, maybe I should start watching it now.

[color=crimson][size=1]I really like Kikyo, a whole lot more than Kagome. Kagome is just like the average heroine of a story, and YES, she is a lot like Miaka...PATHETIC. And how is it that no matter what she can always pull out that magic bow and shoot up some demon? It's like, she doesn't even carry it on her back or anything. And I love Kikyo and I feel sorry for her. I guess if I was a character in that story, I'd want to be her. She lost the one she loved, and he loved her, and now he's falling for someone else. I'd spend the rest of my possessed life trying to kill Kagome too...Man, if someone tried to take my Ryan in real life...[/color][/size]

I guess I understand that. But it is kinda strange that Kagome and Kikyo are kinda the same person, even though they have totally different personalities. I mean, Kagome just kinda plops through time, and she actually is invading in what should be Kikyo's era. Kagome doesn't actually belong there, and she's invading in Inu-yasha and Kikyo's space. But I still can't help but feel sorry for the both of them. I felt so sorry for Kagome after Inu-Yasha apologized for shoving Kagome into the well (when he stuck the tree in it), and then she overheard Inu-Yasha being all sappy with Kikyo. I always feel a lot for all the characters. I hate it when I can't even hate a character the right way...*grumble*

[color=crimson][size=1]I know exactly what you mean, but I still like Kikyo better than Kagome. Now, I don't know if I said I don't like Kagome, but I just like Kikyo better. Kagome is just a little lost modern girl in the big back woods of ancient Japan...poor thing. But the thing that bothers me is, these girls always fall for the guys that treat them like crap...isn't that just ANNOYING? I'm sorry, but if some guy was constantly calling me names and making fun of me and practically showing me that they hated me, I would not submit myself to that. That's just my opinion.[/color][/size]

Although I don't think Inu-Yasha really treated her like crap......wait.....yeah he did. lol. But sometimes, when you bicker with someone all the time, you actually start to like them. As weird as it sounds. Even though you apprear to hate each other, you may still be friends, or you may like them. Of course, there are other times when you really do hate that person. But I've liked sometimes before that I only fought with and argued with all the time.

[color=crimson][size=1]I don't know, that was me back in Elementary school...if I liked a boy, I'd chase him around and beat him up and pick on him and call him names and so forth. I don't know if I'd do that now...unless I was seriously joking around or something. But of course, it's very typical of Rumiko Takahashi to have her characters to that. Look at Inu Yasha and Kagome; Ranma and Akane; Lum and Ataru; it's always the same situation.. Maybe fighting with some guys is charming to them....:drunk:[/color][/size]