OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

Well, Kagome's probably going to be screaming 'Sit!' in the middle of their personal squabbles until her vocal chords snarl, but I don't think she'd ever deliberately show Inuyasha up in battle. On some level, I think she subconsiously understands how important it is to Inuyasha to be protecting her, paralelling Inuyasha's demon father's creation of the Tetsusaiga to defend his human lover (Inuyasha's mum). Be it a 'male' thing or a 'demon' thing, our hotheaded heroine has somehow become accustomed to the fact that she's gong to be protected whether she needs it or not. Plus, she's a little low on the self-confidence scale- she'd probably agonize and doubt herself in battle until it would be too late to do much of anything, anyway. Of course, if Inuyasha were the vulnerable one, thaat's quite different. I can definately see Kagome trying to defend a greviously-injured or otherwise disabled Inuyasha, and doing a rather good job of it, too.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes sense she would have to care for his "male"or"demon"ego. she probably wouldn't show him up. (pride reasons of course) I also think its a demon thing,I mean look at Koga he does about as good job of protecting Kagomae as Inuyasha,but if she didn't need his protection he might lose intrest in her its the"Damlse in distress thing"or Demon instink.

Hmm...hey there.
Seriously now i just want to ask.
Ive never cared to watch inu yasha...the art of the characters and the design of the characters disgust me...but everywhere i go, and everyone i ask, they say "i love inu yasha".... .... I dont know...but what makes it so great?
Can someone brief me up on it? i feel like im missing a lot.

The character designs "disgust" you? My goodness, that's pretty harsh. Well.... each to his or her own, neh?

You're not missing that much. As shows go, Inuyasha is on the same level as Yu Yu Hakusho (although I personally prefer the latter). Its animation is [i]very[/i] erratic, and even the best of its fight scenes are far from astounding. The characters, though compelling, are fairly cliched: a cheerful, seemingly normal schoolgirl who just happens to possess extraordinary powers; an ornery, hot-headed anti-hero; a cold-hearted, silver-haired pseudo-villain; a beautiful female demon-slayer...... and the list goes on.

I've been following Inuyasha, and have seen up to Episode 52. It's over 140 episodes long and still running strong, which I personally find rather daunting. The series is likeable enough, but it's no Evangelion.

~Dagger~

For a series rated #1 action anime (or so I've heard) as well as a Runiko Takahashi creation, this series could not have dissappointed me more. I found the characters to be unoriginal yet passably endearing manifestations of the typical action-series cast. This boring show of unoriginality cancels out, fo the most part, the relatively innovative plotline which could have made for a far better series. As for the art, well, Rumiko Takahashi was never a particularly talented artist (but she more than makes up for it in the quality of her stories), but this isn't even Ranma quality. So sorry, but Inuyasha doesn't cut it for me.

Thanks people.
I was actually watching it yesterday...and I disliked the characters a lot. I was kind of expecting Kagome to fight over Inu Yasha, who is a complete asshole. I watched 2 episodes in a row and I got bored out...and the animation was nil to nil. Also, the character design is still ugly.
I wonder sometimes, overrated anime is everywhere.

Inuyasha was rated the #1 action anime? That's surprising.... I would have expected either Yu Yu Hakusho or Dragon Ball Z to claim that particular title (more for popularity than any specific merit).

Now, Eugi, let's be fair. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. So although your other points are valid, your dislike of Inuyasha's artwork doesn't automatically make it a bad show.

The problem with Inuyasha is its fans are overly enthusiastic--often to the point of rabidity. As with any other super-hyped series, this tends to be a turn-off to the uninitiated, who usually end up wondering what all the fuss is about.

~Dagger~

Guest kairi8990
man. u people r sad. so what if the art isnt exactly great.i think the show is sooo funnie. well so r the mangas. they could correct naraku though. hes very unorigonal. it looks as if takahashi tried to make a michael jackson themed villan. other wise inuyasha is an ok anime. but its like strange, bcuz theres a part of me that just wants to obsess over it. so i guess i would be a kinda obsessed fan. and yeah i also thought dbz would be the top action anime, not inuyasha. i mean dbz has sooo much more action than inuyasha, bcuz inuyasha is a love story. but it is a pretty cute show. i guess it suits me. i like kh and sm (which r both love stories with odd things thrown in em to confuse you), so u would kinda expect that i would like inuyasha.
oh yeah...
i think inuyasha i soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!
(j/k im a riku fan^_~)

I actually like Naraku. He's unapologetically evil, and no more stereotypical than Sesshomaru, Kagome, or Inuyasha himself.

In my opinion, Read or Die is the best action anime ever made.... but were someone to take a poll, I think that DBZ would probably emerge victorious (unless Inuyasha already did, as is indicated by Cahoots's post).

On a side note, Inuyasha isn't really a love story--at least not in the sense that Kare Kano, Gravitation, Chobits, and Love Hina are love stories. It has romantic elements, to be sure, but several seasons pass before they start to take center stage.

~Dagger~

Guest kairi8990
wow....theres seven seasons to inuyasha? or more? thats a lot.ive only seen it in english on cn though. and i guess your right, the characters r steryo typical,but for some reason i am drawn to this strage tv show. i dont know why.
so, youve read chobits? i wanted to read it, but i seem to be unable to get my hand on it. before i buy it, tell me, is it any good?
well back to inuyasha
i have a problem with every character except inuyasha, because he is different and lonely, which is like me. i really didnt have many freinds in elementry school, and im kinda odd compared to the kids at my jr high( i went to a transfer skool in elementery , butthey made me go to a diff jr high then the rest of my skool) so i have like,way more freinds now. besides, one of my freinds calls me inuyasha cus im diff(yeah k., go ahead .single me out)
as for the problems i have with each character,theres too many list here. plus, if i did list em here, it would be considered spamming, because im very vulgar when it comes to judging anime. well set aside all the problems i have with it andu would have a show with a guy who is different and has jus as many issues as me. and a couple of dummies who follow him around, just because hes sexy(truth be it, he is * blush*)

LoL actually i just started getting into this anime and i thought the character design was perfect. The art in it is just like any other type of anime, but the story line is one of its kind. The love/hate plot of Kagome and Inuyasha is pretty funny, how they both keep on insisting they hate each other when they really dont. Im up to episode 26 so hopefully i can catch a few more episodes so i can type more of a description on the anime. Then again its one of the few animes still being run in Japan thats also being aired in America which kinda amazes me. Wow America is really slow at gettin anime over here.

Guest kairi8990
yeah. some parts of the plot bug me too.but they need to redraw some of the chars. and they put too many unnecessary demons in there too. they have as much unnecesary chars as pokemon trainers, and sm yoma monsters. they need to stick to a hard core plot. and they should take out miroku or sango. they dont belong. what does a monk and a demon slayer belong hanging out with a hanyou. y dint sango try to kill him, and die trying. it would have been better. and miroku needs to lay off on the girls. hes a monk, and thats not rite. otherwise, the love/hate parts r pretty funnie, and the arguments

Sango did try to kill Inuyasha, and she very nearly died in the attempt. Miroku's lechery is ironic [i]because[/i] he's a monk--that's why his womanizing habits are so amusing. And both of them have perfectly solid reasons for "hanging out" with Inuyasha and Kagome; like those two characters, they want to take revenge on Naraku.

~Dagger~

[color=hotpink][size=1]I can tell you right now why InuYasha is so popular.

BECAUSE IT'S AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK!

It's just the next "thing" for everyone to be into. First it was DBZ, then it was Cowboy Bebop, now it's InuYasha. It's disgusting, really. Anything they show on CN will automatically be "everyone's favorite anime." That's pretty much why I avoid the network anime series.

What's really aggrivating is that I was reading the InuYasha manga months before they ever dreamed of airing it on CN. Gah, it gets on my nerves.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]

Well what can I say about this show..
Although the characters are cliched and the artship isn't all that great...I personally like the show...Its one of those things where you wondr whats going to happen next.. and I think it sucks that I hae missed so many episodes.. Bt at times it can be boring but I hear the lastest episodes released have been good. So I persoanlly can't wait to see them. So you all can continue to complain but I'll put up with it till the end of the show![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]I can tell you right now why InuYasha is so popular.

BECAUSE IT'S AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK!

It's just the next "thing" for everyone to be into. First it was DBZ, then it was Cowboy Bebop, now it's InuYasha. It's disgusting, really. Anything they show on CN will automatically be "everyone's favorite anime." That's pretty much why I avoid the network anime series.

What's really aggrivating is that I was reading the InuYasha manga months before they ever dreamed of airing it on CN. Gah, it gets on my nerves.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

You've definitely made a good point; after all, FLCL and Trigun would never have become popular were it not for Adult Swim. The same can be said of shows like Outlaw Star and Tenchi Muyo.

However, Kikaider, Blue Gender, Lupin III, and Reign the Conqueror (among other series) never really got off the ground. It seems to me that in order to become the next big thing, a show must not only air on network TV (preferably CN), but also attempt to combine action, comedy, and a smidgeon of romance--and be relatively easy to understand. Though Trigun may contain much in the way of allegory and subtle social commentary, its basic plot is pretty straightforward.

And Inuyasha just isn't complex at all.

I can understand why that would be so annoying; it's like when people become enormous fans of a certain band only [i]after[/i] they achieve stardom, and then claim to have adored them all along.

~Dagger~

Inuyasha feels as though Cartoon Network, faced with the overwhelming success of Ranma 1/2 in Japan and imported VHS but wary of airing a show that was both very aged animation and very pronounced lack of shame about its use of cleavage as a comedic device, looked for 'the next best Rumiko Takahashi thing'. In this way, the lesser series overshadows its more brilliant predecessor, due largely to the herd mentality of young Americans and the voracious monetary appetite of the media.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Takahashi-sama was under quite a lot of pressure to create another series when Inuyasha came about?

Having never watched Ramna 1/2, I can't compare it to Inuyasha. However, I've read several Ramna 1/2 discussions at adultswim.com, and it appears that CN would never even dream of considering airing the series. I'm not sure why the execs are so vehemently anti-Ramna (cleavage and such, perhaps?), but I suppose that Inuyasha contains far less potentially controversial material.....although the anti-Harry Potter crowd might dislike the idea of demons running around with big swords.

"....herd mentality of young Americans...."

Heh, yeah, that basically sums it up.

~Dagger~

I'm guessin you just began watchin InuYasha last week(when they began showin reruns of the first season). Well, like all animes, the animation gets alot better late on down the road. And the storyline gets VERY interesting.

I just recently found a way to get ahold of the Japanese episodes(which of course I like better), and right now I've watched eps 116-130(which we more then likely wont get for another year or 2.)and the animation and storylines is off the charts. I'm gonna put these in spoilers and tell ya whats up right now.

[spoiler]Sesshumaru is basically a full fledge good guy now as he's wanting to kill Naraku now. Naraku still has his current demon creations(the 2 girls), plus he has another vicious child looking creation aswell as some old dude with long ears and his eyes sewed shut. Kohaku is also a full fledge demon now so he's fully on Naraku's side. And Naraku's new armour is simply BEAUTIFUL. I'm lovin his new armour and how much darker he's become. All of the shards have been found except for 1 piece, and Naraku has em all. There was a group of warriors helping Naraku but they were all killed off. Kikio is fully dead now and its official that Kagome is Kikio's reincarnation(Kagome accepts it)And basically...the storyline is getting VERY deep.[/spoiler]

If you read that, and you're wantin to see whats goin on, I highly suggest that you find a way to get those(since I obviously cant post how to get em on here. lol)

But dont give up on InuYasha yet. I'm not gonna lie, when I first started watching InuYasha, I didnt care for it either, but then I kept watching it, and then when they started showing the new dubs a few months ago, I fell in love with it. And then when I found the way to get the Japanese eps, that just made it even better.

Just remember, not all anime's begin spectacular. It takes time. Just keep watching and I'm sure you'll get attached and understand why it was voted as the #1 Action Anime right now(I think the current Japanese eps are the reason it was claimed as that because the eps I have now are friggen AWESOME when it comes to action. Probably even better then DBZ type action.)

[color=hotpink][size=1]The thing with those series that you say never really got off the ground is that they weren't that great in the first place. Maybe they were too complex for the CHILDREN who watch Adult Swim, maybe they weren't PRETTY or COLORFUL enough, but InuYasha seems to be all that.

The reason they could never air Ranma 1/2 is because they'd have to butcher the entire series. It has a TON of sexual stuff in it(not sex, just references) and a ton of gender bending. There's a ton of boob shots, glomping scenes, and panty shots to go around. It's a REALLY good series (the first I ever got into, really), but they could never put it on television sucessfully, much like they couldn't do with Evangelion.

Bleh, I lost my train of thought. More on this later...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eugi [/i]
[B]Hmm...hey there.
Seriously now i just want to ask.
Ive never cared to watch inu yasha...the art of the characters and the design of the characters disgust me...but everywhere i go, and everyone i ask, they say "i love inu yasha".... .... I dont know...but what makes it so great?
Can someone brief me up on it? i feel like im missing a lot. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I know what got me into Inuyahsa was the plot and the story.

I do find the different male characters have appealing attributes;
[b]Inuyasha?s[/b] ears "How cute!" and good heart despite his try to be a bad a**,
[b]Koga?s[/b] take charge she is mine and get over,
[b]Miroku?s[/b] sex appeal and drive,
[b]Naraku?s[/b] just so mysterious and evil,
[b]Sesshomaru?s[/b] coolness it is so cute how he ends up helping Rin despite he?s hater of humans, and
[b]The oldest thunder brother (forgot his name)[/b] how he just kills his date for the shear fun of it "Kind of hot!".

So for me it is the guys"A little bit for everyone", plot and the theme of the story.
THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout:

Asuka and Dagger have made the deepest points, and I can only agree to them. Here in canada, we DONT get cartoon network, so I wouldnt understand how it becomes so big over there in america.
And its true what Dagger said, "people like the bands when they have reached certain stardom, and claim to like them all along". I guess its society these days, nuff said with that quote.

Here in canada, Cartoon network is replaced by YTV...the worse channel you could ever get overseas (if you dont live in canada). So, most preffer to download anime. But you know, with YTV is where EVERYONE gets to know anime, after ONE episode of, lets say, Inuyasha, the person that never know wtf anime was in the past, is no totally into it...

And...thanks The Fizz, that WAS my question in the first place :P

I love Inuyasha. The real reason why is because of what it shows; "Comedy!" In every episode, no matter what scene the series go to (sad, tragic, mysterious, romantic, scary, ect.), something funny always happens. Think about it; when Kagome and Inuyasha travel (in a sad, scary, or mystery scene), he ticks her off, and she says SIT. Everytime I see that, I laugh so hard I forgot about the scene they were in.

Example; The gang travels to next town. Just then, a demon pops up and attacks. Inuyasha and gang fight it. The scene is getting worse when they're losing. Then, Sango gets pushed and Miroku catches her. (What a relief). Just when she was about to thank him, he places his hand on her butt; gets a loud slap on the face.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This anime shows true humor, drama, affection, and true meanings to life. It's filled with all kinds of emotions.

Inuyasha is an all must see anime. It's not just action, comedy, drama, adventure, or ect., it's both in one show. I love the show so much, I've collected all fifteen graphic novels, the game, only two DVDs with my favorite episode, the single of "Change the world" (still looking for the album), and finally found the Inuyasha first and second movie in one DVD. I found it at a covention last week. They still speak japanese, but the english subtitles are still there.
The show is great. One more note; "I love his DOG EARS!!!":love: