OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

ugly really is in the eye of the beholder. i personaly think inuyasha is an awsome show!(will someone please teach me how to put up a banner)*wimper* oh and hi!

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime babe [/i]
[B]Some of you people are very strange to go on and on over something that matters not. I just don't get how you can sit there in front of your computer and just nag on everything you see and read. It's not always about the best drawn, or the best plot line or whatever. I would have to say what makes an anime series the best or most popular is not the way everything is worked out to a T. Its about seeing something that none of the other series offer. it's about when the end is coming and you like it so much that you want more and more until you can't take it anymore...you starve for the series...the perfect series that i find InuYasha gives its people. And you know another thing its far from perfect, but because it is people find that it is everything that they long for in anime. It's got a bit of everything in it and thats what makes it such a good series to watch. Thats all i wanted to say so i guess laters ppl~ [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry if you feel that way, but I happen to find sitting in front of my computer a good habit. Now, about your comment, (sure) maybe it's not about the plot, the drawing, or whatever being well made. It's mostly about how the show creates a theme that relates to reality of where we are now. As for Inuyasha, this show has brought the feeling, thought, and action out of every character. The character shows how he/she go through life just like we do. It's not about the plot of fighting demons, using magic, or whatever. Inuyasha is a half-demon who is considered an outcast to every village. He wonders off with no feeling of love, trust, and friendship. He's filled with heavy emotions of loneliness.

This kind of thing can relate to anyone who has/had that problem. Ex: Back then, I was always being teased and picked on everyday. And everyday, I'd felt lonely. I couldn't sometimes have the heart of trusting someone or being a friend to someone. I'd always carried a sad frown on my face filled with anger everyday; and sometimes it never goes away. This type of feeling can come out of any character in any anime you watch. Once you know the true character, you kind of know yourself.

Any show can built up a plot dealing with horror, humor, tragic, adventure, action, and so on; and it still has a lesson that relates to life (real or not it still does). Inuyasha has brought some of that into this world; and I happen to find this show the best anime I've ever watched in my life. It made me laugh, cry, fear, and (deep down) happy. All those feelings have taken me back to the times I went through related in any episode I watch. It made me think of life I had then, and the life I have now. It made me think that if I want to live a good life, then I'll live a good life my way. And who knows; the life I live could change the world in any ways. I just have to make myself happy to live a good life. That's what this show means to me. (Sorry if I sound mean; cause I'm not) That's my opinion.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime babe [/i]
Some of you people are very strange to go on and on over something that matters not. I just don't get how you can sit there in front of your computer and just nag on everything you see and read.[/quote]

Hm. I'm not really sure how to respond to that comment, so all I'll say is that few things in life are perfect. If we just sat around rapturously praising the show, this discussion wouldn't be nearly as interesting. I don't think I'm overly critical, because I've seen numerous anime series and OAVs that excel in ways which Inuyasha simply doesn't.

[quote]It's not always about the best drawn, or the best plot line or whatever. I would have to say what makes an anime series the best or most popular is not the way everything is worked out to a T. Its about seeing something that none of the other series offer. it's about when the end is coming and you like it so much that you want more and more until you can't take it anymore...you starve for the series...the perfect series that i find InuYasha gives its people.[/quote]

Funny that you should say that. I usually "want more and more" when a series has gorgeous animation, skillful characterization, subtle symbolism, a captivating plot, and so forth. A show cannot evoke emotion without first demonstrating [i]some[/i] positive qualities. It's through good directing and acting that the viewer comes to identify with the characters.

[quote]And you know another thing its far from perfect, but because it is people find that it is everything that they long for in anime. It's got a bit of everything in it and thats what makes it such a good series to watch. Thats all i wanted to say so i guess laters ppl~[/QUOTE]

A bit of everything isn't necessarily a good thing, although Inuyasha does a decent job of combining its various elements. One thing I really don't like is the fact that it's so darn long. After a certain number of episodes, it starts to become really formulaic and repetitive, and the dramatic tension goes straight out the window. Few of the characters seem to undergo any serious changes. For example, I feel as though the scriptwriters avoided developing Kagome and Inuyasha's relationship because they wanted the story to keep dragging on.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kagome 1 [/i]
[B]Some of you people got problems. Just because you dont like
Inuyasha does not mean you have to complain about it.
I like Inuyasha I think it is the best anime. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that you mean me.

Now, please don't misunderstand what I've been saying. I [i]like[/i] Inuyasha, although I used to like it far more than I do now. Frankly, I can't see what's wrong with discussing a show's faults. Considering that you haven't even bothered to write a rebuttal of my complaints, I also can't see why I should listen to your opinion.

Okay, new topic.

Do you think that Sesshomaru truly hates Inuyasha?

~Dagger~

I am not saying that you have to listen to me. Evrey body has ther own opinion. And I understand you do not want to listen to me because here I am saying that you have problems. (i'm sorry)

I do think Sesshomaru hates Inuyasha because he would not be
trying to kill him if he liked him.

Kagome 1

Well, I kind of think that Sesshomaru really hates Inuyasha on the outside, but deep down he still has a brother's heart. I think eventually he and Inuyasha will work things out soon. It's showned in the episode "A Demon's True Nature." Think about it; when Sesshomaru showed up to see his brother go nutz on his power, he would've taken him down if he wants to finish him for good. The way he helped him, he still has small care for his brother. I think when the show goes by, things will go ok; maybe for a while.

Also, Kagome 1, your banner is cute. I like it alot. Inuyasha and Kagome are a great couple. They don't have to be considered as boyfriend and girlfriend. It's just that they look so cute together. Eating ramen, sit, pulling the ears, Sit, ears, SIt,.....and one more thing; SIT!! Where else can we find a boy and girl character like them? They are funny, cool, and...funny. I love them; they ROCK!:love: :laugh: :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stephanie Ayler [/i]
[B]Where else can we find a boy and girl character like them? They are funny, cool, and...funny. I love them; they ROCK!:love: :laugh: :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yusuke and Keiko, anyone?

While I believe that Sesshomaru truly despises Inuyasha, it also seems pretty clear to me that he isn't planning killing him. Let's be realistic, folks--Sesshomaru is far, far stronger than his younger brother (especially toward the beginning of the show, before Inuyasha learns how to harness the Tetsusaiga's true power). He sometimes behaves as though he [i]wants[/i] Inuyasha to become more powerful, and constantly comes up with ways to test his strength. There are times when I think that Sesshomaru is, by acting as Inuyasha's guide, standing in for their father.

For example, we know that Sesshomaru is very intelligent and manipulative. If I recall correctly, he's the first person who mentions the Wind Scar to Inuyasha. Why would he tell Inuyasha about Tetsusaiga's ultimate attack if he didn't want his little brother to learn it? Had he kept his mouth shut, Inuyasha might never have discovered the Wind Scar.

~Dagger~

Hey, I'm a big InuYasha fan. The anime has alot of episodes added into it...they were trying not to outpace the manga.

Eh, to me it seems like you either love InuYasha or you hate it, you know? I really don't mind "stero-typical" characters at all. Almost all characters are stero-typical in some ways. I don't see why you hate the InuYasha characters though.

And I also think you should give Cartoon Network the credit it deserves. Cartoon Network has been largely responsible for getting anime popular in the US. How many of us would've even known what anime was if we hadn't saw an episode of Cowboy Bebop or InuYasha on Adult Swim.

And another thing...while InuYasha's plot may not make you think too much, that's something I like about it. Sure I like animes that make me think too, but sometimes you just want to leave your brain at the door for 30 minutes and just laugh at something you know? The plot, to me at least, is an original one.

I also think the animation is decent. It's not like I could do any better, so I really can't say anything.

I can't claim that I liked InuYasha before it became popular. In fact I didn't even know what it was until a few months ago. (that's when I started watching anime) I'm no expert on anime so you probably won't chose to listen to me.

Guest Inuyasha Kagome
I have no idea why but I just got attatched to it when I first found out about it.I think it's because of the exitement and how it's funny in some parts when inu-yasha and Kagome arn't confessing how they like each other.I liked it because of that.Also,at the beginning of the series,I thought Kagome would be ''hurt'' by Inu-yasha for sure.There wasn't anything or anyone around who could help her.I didn't count on Kaede to put a rosary on him.I like almost all anime that i've seen so far but that is just my favorite.I think that some extra characters arn't needed but character like Sango shouldn't be cancelled because she had to show them how the Shikon jewel from Midoriko was made.There's just lots of exitement and lots of things you wouldn't expect.

:D I can tell you are a fan Inuyasha Kagome! As long as this is an InuYasha board, how do you think it will end? The manga has been winding down for a while, or so I've heard. I hope it isn't a tragic ending. If anything is predictable it is a tragic ending. (:D)

Ahhhhh..... and they have added alot of episodes ALOT! (that weren't in the manga) I'm not sure how many, but I'd say it might be 20-40 if not more.

InuYasha is the best show ever.Sesshoumaru has a way better name meanning than InuYasha.
Name Meanings
Sesshoumaru=The Killing Perfection
InuYasha=Dog Demon
See isn't it better.I don't understand whypeople don't like Sessy more.I've been working on reading the manga's of Inuyasha and vol.15 has the battle with Kagru(sp?) in it but not Goshinki(sp?).I think it will end with the deffet off Narku but would not do InuYasha's father 's mortal enemy I know I can't spell his name way to long but his a dragon.
What to find more then go to this site
[url]www.InuYashaWorld.com[/url]
or
[url]www.InuYashaWorlddot.com[/url]

I've read several manga translations. I've read even farther than the manga books that are being sold now and it surpasses the amount of episodes that Cartoon Network has. Things do get better. I tell you that.

[QUOTE]I think that some extra characters arn't needed [/QUOTE]

Though I do not agree with that quote above. Every single character in InuYasha are needed in some way or another. They add a little bit of flavor to the show to make the anime great. They also make Inuyasha more interesting.

[COLOR=firebrick]I've not read the manga and only seen the anime up until the episode where [spoiler]Sesshomaru confronts Inuyasha, to see if what the tree told him was true.

When I saw this, I didn't really understand at first why Sesshomaru backed down. Although it [i]was[/i] pretty obvious that he only wanted to test Inuyasha's capabilities.

And if Sesshomaru truly feared that Inuyasha had the means to "outtake" him and truly does want to see his little brother dead, then surely he would've made short process with him - there and then. If not way earlier ~_^[/spoiler]

So Dagger made a valid point about Sesshomaru and his attitude/behaviour.
Sesshomaru, even though he is clearly disgusted [size=1](I lack a better word, sorry)[/size] with his younger brother's weakness, wants to envoke the strength and power that I'm guessing is slumbering within Inuyahsa.
[/COLOR]
[color=darkblue]As to the question why I watch it....
I've not seen a lot of anime and I wanted to try something new.
Inuyasha started running and I figured I'd give it a go.

The first couple of episodes made me unsure if this was an anime I'd enjoy, but I stuck with it. Sometimes it takes time to warm up to a show.

It does seem to want to cover a lot of ground (romance, battle etc etc) and so it may very well be underdeveloped in some areas.
The way they drag out the story's key elements is a bit frustrating, although I'm used to that from watching "One Piece" [size=1](another anime/manga)[/size].

Overall, there [i]are[/i] things that could be seen as faulty.
But depending on how experiened you are, you'll either enjoy it a lot [insert exclamation marks] - or you will see the things that are positive, but still not be blind to the aspects that could've been done better.
[/color][color=firebrick]
Well, I tried to put some effort and thought into this post. I'm sure there's more to say, but I don't want to overdo it ^_^;

- Mimmi [/color]

I like Inyuasha, I am kind of obcessed with Romantic Comedy (or maybe just Rumiko Takahashi) right now apparently (Ex: Ranma..Inyuasha....Lum...ect.) The only part of the anime that really annoys me is Inyuasha's voice, it just scratches my eardrum. Other than that I have to say I like it alot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mimmi[/i]

Overall, there [i]are[/i] things that could be seen as faulty.
But depending on how experiened you are, you'll either enjoy it a lot [insert exclamation marks] - or you will see the things that are positive, but still not be blind to the aspects that could've been done better.
[/color][/QUOTE]

You raise a very good point, my friend. I think one of the main reasons that I'm not enormously enthusiastic about this show is because I've been watching anime for a relatively long time (whereas many other people--especially in this thread--were first introduced to anime by Inuyasha). I tend to be a bit picky about what I watch, and especially about what I buy, so it makes sense that my opinions occasionally clash with those of more fervent fans.

SasukeUchiha, which of Inuyasha's voice actors are you referring to (his English VA or his Japanese VA)?

~Dagger~

Guest karrari
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eugi [/i]
[B]Hmm...hey there.
Seriously now i just want to ask.
Ive never cared to watch inu yasha...the art of the characters and the design of the characters disgust me...but everywhere i go, and everyone i ask, they say "i love inu yasha".... .... I dont know...but what makes it so great?
Can someone brief me up on it? i feel like im missing a lot. [/B][/QUOTE] okay. heres the answer to your guestion with a guestion. Did you ask a girl? if you did than when she said "I love Inuyasha!" than she meant that she thinks one of the characters is totally hot. iwould know.(Tee Hee!) but if you asked a guy, either he has no idea what Inuyasha is, is gay and thinks like a girl, is reading for the Hentai, or likes the fight scenes, the COOL demon aspect and sweet music. theres your answer with a guestion. forgive my spelling, it totally sucks.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]You raise a very good point, my friend....

....it makes sense that my opinions occasionally clash with those of more fervent fans.
[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=firebrick]Thankyou *bows*

Well, I see it as this:
If you're really into a show and somone "challenges" the wonderful-ness of it, then you should be able to
a) take that in and respect their point of view [size=1](provided that it has thought to it and isn't merely flaming)[/size]
b) argue your own views/feelings/thoughts [size=1](without getting disrespectful, of course)[/size]

By adapting this approach, you will grow in more ways than if you just keep harping "gah, I really love it and I think you're stupid because you say that it's not the most wonderful thing in the world".....

No offence to anyone, I'm one of those people sometimes >___>

- Mimmi[/color]

[quote]either he has no idea what Inuyasha is,[i] is gay and thinks like a girl[/i], is reading for the Hentai, or likes the fight scenes, the COOL demon aspect and sweet music.[/quote]

I do not think that is nessacarily true and is am assumption I am not sure was neccesary.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by karrari [/i]
[B]okay. heres the answer to your guestion with a guestion. Did you ask a girl? if you did than when she said "I love Inuyasha!" than she meant that she thinks one of the characters is totally hot. iwould know.(Tee Hee!) but if you asked a guy, either he has no idea what Inuyasha is, is gay and thinks like a girl, is reading for the Hentai, or likes the fight scenes, the COOL demon aspect and sweet music. theres your answer with a guestion. forgive my spelling, it totally sucks. [/B][/QUOTE]

I beg to disagree.

I, for one, am a girl, and I don't think that any of the male (or female) characters in Inuyasha are exceptionally attractive. Sesshomaru has his charms, but the show's simplistic character designs don't really catch my interest. I watch Inuyasha because I have an insatiable desire to know what happens next (even though its plot is rather predictable....). Though its fight scenes are occasionally interesting, they're nothing compared to those featured in other current shows (such as Full Metal Panic).

As for your reference to hentai..... well, I think that speaks for itself.

~Dagger~

Your going to get yourself banned at that rate. Trust me, it's happened to at least four people I've known at the Boards. As for this Inuyasha, I haven't had the oppurtunity to watch any episodes yet, due to the fact we don't have Pay TV, but from what I've heard it's deeply compelling. And upon having (just)seen the three forms of Inuyasha it just intrigues me more.

Okay for just a moment here I wish yo quote Inuyasha Fan [QUOTE]YOU CAN'T JUST HATE A SHOW BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE ART OR THE DESIGN TO WHOEVER SAID THAT. LOOK AT THE ART AND THE DESIGN OF LUPIN III, IT ISN'T THAT GREAT, BUT THE SHOW IS OKAY. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue][SIZE=1]

Okie dokie.. I just want to show you the error in your ways real quick Inuyasha fan...oh yeah and Welcome to OB...

But there is one major difference between Inuysha and Lupin III. You say that Lupin's art and design aren't good. Well I think that anime is a bit old deary, don't you. I mean comparing a 70's anime like Lupin to a anime that was recently produced is a big stretch.
It's like my trying to compare Scooby Doo to Dexter's Lab in terms or design. Those are different eras you're talking about and should not be able to cross them together. If you wish to make a true comparison, I would say use an anime like Princess Mononoke. Which is a visual masterpiece by the way and try to compare it to Inuyasha.

Please don't take my opinion as bashing, just take it as my opinion.

Okay now I turn you over to your normally posting newbie loving sweetreyes.

But I love Inuyasha, yes the art work could be better, but I don't mind it I think the storyline although a bit overused, is good and I love to follow it, I cant wait to see the rest of it actually....[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuyasha Fan [/i]
[B]ARE YOU PEOPLE STUPID OR SOMETHING. YOU PEOPLE THINK INUYASHA IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE AN ANIME. YOU PEOPLE HAVE CERTAINLY NOT HAVE SEEN ENOUGH EPISODES TO UNDERSTAND IT. I AM AN EXTREMELY BIG *** FAN OF HIM AND I AM SO MAD YOU PEOPLE THINK HIS SHOW SUCKS. YOU CAN'T JUST HATE A SHOW BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE ART OR THE DESIGN TO WHOEVER SAID THAT. LOOK AT THE ART AND THE DESIGN OF LUPIN III, IT ISN'T THAT GREAT, BUT THE SHOW IS OKAY. ANYWAYS, I THINK INUYASHA HAS GREAT ART AND DESIGN. AND CAHOOTS34, HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT RUMIKO TAKAHASHI ISN'T TALENTED. RUMIKO IS THE BOMB. YOU HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS. YEAH, AND I KNOW THAT I HAVE PROBLEMS TOO. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Yes, you do have problems. For one thing you have completely disregarded a few important OB rules, like typing in all caps or flaming other members. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you hav to chew them out. Maybe I don't like InuYashu because YOU like it. Think that's stupid? Well, I think it's stupid for you to be so childish.

*QA*[/color][/size]

hmm to the people who don't like euri's thread (sorry if the name isn't right) or what he said about inu-yasha. why should you care? if you like inu-yasha then you shouldn't care what others think, and besides it's his opinion, he can say what he likes about inu-yasha (as long as there aren't any naughty words o.o)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]Y I think one of the main reasons that I'm not enormously enthusiastic about this show is because I've been watching anime for a relatively long time (whereas many other people--especially in this thread--were first introduced to anime by Inuyasha). I tend to be a bit picky about what I watch, and especially about what I buy, so it makes sense that my opinions occasionally clash with those of more fervent fans.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

How right you are!! I did start out watching anime on InuYasha! It isn't the best, but I just don't like it when people say they hate it because of the "fan girls".

Which is another thing I'd like to talk about. Just because I happen to be 14, I happen to be a girl, and I happen to be a fan of InuYasha doesn't make me a crazed 14-year old fangirl. I don't watch an anime because I think the characters are "hot" and frankly I feel sorry for anyone who does. (You like it for the wrong reasons)

Well that's just my 2 cents. :angel: :laugh: