OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

Guest Aunty Mae
What is this Inu Yasha show I've heard so much yabberin' on about from my grand daughter? Is it violent? I don't think she should be viewing violent programs.

Aye, I remember back in the day, when the only cartoons that were drawn were by Tom that cute little Milkboy who would trade his flip books for our under garnments. Such a sweet lass.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Inuyasha and Im trying to get all the episodes on dvd but it ain't easy. I guess I like it because of the action, comedy, drama, and the story line is so cool. It has so many twist and turns, I love it. The only way I can see it though is on Adult Swim, so I haven't seen a whole lot of it. I really wan't to see the rest.

The one main reason most people watch Inuyasha is the love and anguish happening between Kagome, Kikyo, and Inuyasha. Sure the actions great so is the story line and the fight sequences, but the love story and the sorrow of it all is why I sometimes watch it making you wonder who Inuyasha will fall in love with the woman who he once believed was his soulmate and change him from a monster Kikyo or a kinder and more sincere version of Kikyo her reincarnation Kagome.

I couldn't have said it better myself Inuyasha7271. I totally agree. BUt you already know my opinion. But you are right about Kikyo and Kagome. Kagome is a lot sweeter and more trusting of Inuyasha which takes him by suprise. Kikyo on the other hand (and I can't belive i'm saying this) could not afford to trust someone, especially Inuyasha. Its sad really.

[QUOTE=Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]I can tell you right now why InuYasha is so popular.

BECAUSE IT'S AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK!

It's just the next "thing" for everyone to be into. First it was DBZ, then it was Cowboy Bebop, now it's InuYasha. It's disgusting, really. Anything they show on CN will automatically be "everyone's favorite anime." That's pretty much why I avoid the network anime series.

What's really aggrivating is that I was reading the InuYasha manga months before they ever dreamed of airing it on CN. Gah, it gets on my nerves.[/color][/size][/QUOTE][color="#004a6f"]I don't even live in the US, so I can't get Cartoon Network, only YTV (Canadian). It was my friend who got me into Inuyasha. At first I only wanted to watch the english episodes, which just came out last september on YTV. They only show 2 episodes a week, so I decided to give the subbed version a try. She had all the subbed episodes burned on CDs so we could get through alot more episodes. I like the subbed version more, the voices suited the characters better and it was less corny than the dubbed version.

I know how you feel though. However, I don't mind animé series airing on big networks just as long as big companies don't start making merchandise off them That's just disgusting...[/COLOR]

[color=deepskyblue][font=times new roman]Well I mostly enjoy inuyasha for the comedy and character interactions.

While ill agree the whole love triangle thing with inuyasha, kagome, and kikyo is interesting but the relationship that I most tune in to see is miroko and sango. I know hes a pervert and all but I still think the 2 of them look really good together :D .

And they seem to have a more mature relationship in some ways then the inuyasha/kagome one that comes off too often as a silly little juvenile crush.

I cant wait until they finally start airing new episodes...I can only watch the same ones over and over again for so long :p .[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=K. Battousai]Kagome is Evil!
Kagome is Evil!
Kagome is Evil!
Kagome is Evil!
Kagome is Evil!
Kagome is Evil!
Kagome is Evil!
Kagome is Evil!

:babble:[/QUOTE]

In other words....

This post is Spam!
This post is Spam!
This post is Spam!

Have you read OB's [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/URL], K. Battousai? If not, I strongly advise you to do so. They explain why your frighteningly repetitive reply is unacceptable--other forums may allow that kind of thing, but here at OB you're required to invest more time and thought in each and every one of your posts.

In any event, welcome to OtakuBoards. ^_^

~Dagger~

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo][B]How many people have seen all three Inu Yasha movies out there? Cuz I need some info... does Naraku die in any movies or is he even IN the movies? I know that in one of the movies there's this demon woman that has a wind tunnel like Miroku but that's about all I know... oh and I think Inuyasha dies in one of them. Is that right? I need the facts straight because if I lie, Rumiko Takahashi is gonna get maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd!! *screams* Don't worry *pleads* I'm doing this for you Rumiko!!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy]Welcome to OtakuBoards. ^_^ I merged your topic with the pre-existing Inuyasha thread. Feel free to discuss the Inuyasha movies here.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

:wigout: I LOVE INUYASHA & KAGOME! :love:

I think they are such a good couple. I am the biggest InuKagome fan there ever was. Rock on. You may never meet someone who loves them as much as me. :cool:

:mad: Oh yeah. If you hate Kagome so much than I advise you to not talk to me. Because I love Kagome. I'm guessing you hate her because you have a crush on Inuyasha. Well forget it because Inuyasha is with Kagome now. :devil:

Guest HeadShotOmega
[FONT=Times New Roman]Inu Yasha's Music is great it is some of the best music I have heard in an anime my favorite songs are Change the World and Fukai-Morai which I have MIDI files of them both. :) [/FONT]

HeadShotOmega, it's great that you've brought something new to this discussion, but I'd really like you to improve your post quality. Just add a sentence or two explaining why you enjoy Inuyasha's music; you'll find that it's quite simple.

Welcome to OtakuBoards, and happy posting. ^_^

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Angel_Kagome_2][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I love Inuyasha and Kagome![/COLOR]

:love: I have heard the song Change the World. It was ok but it probably would have been better if i heard it in English. ;)[/QUOTE]

Angel_Kagome_2, although your posts have at times been somewhat borderline, I avoided commenting on them because I felt you were improving. Please, please don't regress. Look at the length and quality of your earlier replies, and try to duplicate that the next time you choose to post.

Thank you very much. ^_^

On a side note, none of Inuyasha's OPs or EDs have been dubbed. So you won't be hearing Change the World in English anytime soon.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]

On a side note, none of Inuyasha's OPs or EDs have been dubbed. So you won't be hearing Change the World in English anytime soon.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
LoL I usually agree with you on everything Dagger, but there is one song by Inuyasha that has been converted into English. My roommate has the actual song, so when i wake up tomorrow ill be sure to ask him which song it is and come back to give you the info on this. Trust me though i do know one song was converted.

[size=1][color=navy]Ick... anime songs converted into English are usually bad... I have the entire collection of Inuyasha songs, and I see a lot of lyrics in it that's going to be difficult to translate. Sure, there's always the literal translation, word for word. But the subtle meanings and nuances that's there due to careful coordination of the words and phrases will be difficult to mimic in a different language, especially considering the stark differences between English and Japanese.

Back to Inuyasha, I do like the song 'Change the World' (though it's like... four years ago), but I prefer 'Fukai Mori' by [i]Do as Infinity[/i]. I like the guitar intro (I just like guitars in general), but I like the lyrics best of all. There's that hopeful outlook for the future, but the touch of doubt and despair. My favorite line is the ending: "Tachisukumu Koemo naku Ikiteiku Eienni", which (according to my not so accurate translation skills), means "I stand/cower, voiceless. I will live forever."[/size][/color]

well actually there are a few songs in english I have Change The World and My Will in english and believe me they are not good. They are really bad and not well done I hope they never convert any other songs. My fav inu yasha song would have to be Every Heart I love that song so much its so deep and just so good lol ^_^

*blinks* Are you sure acquired those songs through an official source? Because I own the first five Inuyasha DVDs, and they don't include [i]any[/i] dubbed music. Not even Cartoon Network plays dubbed EDs (as it's sometimes wont to do) after each of the show's episodes. For example, CN only airs Rurouni Kenshin's English opening; the same thing goes for Yu Yu Hakusho.

If Change the World and My Will sound truly bad in English, chances are that the versions you own are fandubs. Fandubbing, while not as popular or widespread as fansubbing, is probably the best explanation for this discrepancy.

~Dagger~

LoL sorry guys I was a little late on gettin the information on the English songs but here's the website [url="http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/4souls_of_the_shikon/mp3s.html"]http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/4souls_of_the_shikon/mp3s.html[/url].

The sound legit since its the same vocalist who did the Japanese version, but its more Americanized with a little bit of hit hop and stuff like that. I don't think there bad...but the Japanese ones are a lot better. Sometimes the websites bandwidth makes it hard to upload the MP3 page, but eventually you should be able to get them. I guess just tell me how you think they are.

[quote name='guylover14']Hey. I really love Inuyasha. But I haven't had cable for a while. It sucks so much! *crys*[/quote]

Welcome to OtakuBoards, guylover14. I feel your pain, but even a lack of cable cannot excuse poor post quality. Before writing another reply, please re-read our [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules.[/URL] While your grammar and spelling are perfectly acceptable, it would be nice if your future posts were longer and more relevant to the topic at hand.

Thank you very much. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. ^_^

EDIT: Eyah... Looking back over this thread, I've come to the realization that many of the posts here are somewhat sub-par, at least in terms of punctuation and such. C'mon, folks--Inuyasha fans already have a pretty bad reputation. You've got to show all those elitist naysayers that intelligent human beings actually watch the series. ^_~

~Dagger~

Guylover14 is only new and doesn't know about the length requirement. Hey Guylover14, I'm Angel_ Kagome_2. I know how you feel because I didn't have any way of seeing Inuyasha for a really long time. But anyway are you an Inuyasha & Kagome fan or do you just like Inuyasha or Kikyo. Just to let you know I HATE KIKYO. but don't let my opinion get in the way of yours. I just feel strong hatred toward Kikyo :flaming: :cussing: . She always gets in the way. Anyway about the English songs of Inuyasha. I have never heard them in English so I wouldn't know how bad or good they are. :( . Anyway, I am better know and I cannot wait till the 1st Inuyasha movie shows on Cartoon Network. I am going to tape it. WOW :wigout: Just thinking about it makes me want to scream with glee. :wigout:

Guest keyblade master
I love the series Inu Yasha but not so much the manga. I like the fact that there is almost always a new problem in each episode and that the characters still stay true to their quest(finding the pieces of the shkon lewel. I can't wait to find out how it turns out.